• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sun Rise Tournament (SRT) - Tokyo, Japan - April 2/3 2011 - Melee CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustediron

Smash Lord
toyoko inn dude.

toyoko ****ing inn :o

btw frugs, how much do you think it would cost to travel from Hokkaido to Osaka? And what's the best way to do so? (train via undersea tunnel, or plane?)
Book early for a JAL flight and it's 16,000 yen (or 500 Air Miles if you make a JAL member's card). If you get a Seishun 18 Kippu (not sure if they're valid in April though) you might be able to train it for 11,500 yen (+ 2650 yen for the gay bit past Morioka which isn't done by JR), but a quick look shows me that's going to take over 48 hours + loads of changes so you need to pay attention to stations lol.

Your best bet, after a brief look around, seems to be ferrying it down to honshu, then taking a night bus from there. A hypothetical trip in December (tickets for April aren't available yet) would look something like:

http://www.taiheiyo-ferry.co.jp/unchin/plan02.html -> 4800 yen from Hokkaido to Sendai

http://www.bushikaku.net/search/miyagi_osaka/ -> 5000 yen from Sendai to Osaka

Vayseth

Smash Master
The ferry is awesome but takes forever. I was stuck in a blizzard on the way there so we hit 5 m waves the whole way. Needless to say EVERYONE got sea sick. Riding massive waves for 24 hours will make your stomach turn.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
RAIN is looking for a list of confirmed foreign attendees by 1/15 so that he may take care of registration for those smashers. The following smashers previously stated that they would be attending:

Mew2King
Ally
DEHF
Nick Riddle
D. Disciple
Kadaj

Additionally, Seibrik stated that there was a 90% possibility that he would attend.

I would like confirmation from the listed smashers, as well as any others, of their attendance so that I can relay it to RAIN. He also understands that it may not be possible for some people to confirm their attendance by 1/15. In that case, he would like your tag so that he can write you down as a possible attendee.

At the moment, he is planning for 256 entrants, with foreign and "priority" registration tentatively scheduled for January, and general registration tentatively scheduled for February.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Last I heard, he was planning a 64-man Melee singles tourney. Doubles are not scheduled for either game.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I cannot emphasize enough how awesome of a city Tokyo is lol. I feel bad for people who can't come haha

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
people have been getting maaad hype for this over here haha. there are a ton of entrants

including bombsoldier o_O;

melee has more entrants than I thought it would get too...

tc1

Smash Lord
Me and a few others from norcal will be going to this
are there any confirmed dates/times,
& i know its a bit to ask but international housing would be amazing if not possible, hotels could always suffice.

tc1

Smash Lord
who's going o.O?
Myself
Anbu
Sky

thats all for right now but if things keep looking up we'll have more.

Iv'e gotta find the exact location & times
also it would be nice to find out which smashers are going and not might be going
so we can connect overseas. but yes Exactly Address Plz

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Me and a few others from norcal will be going to this
are there any confirmed dates/times,
& i know its a bit to ask but international housing would be amazing if not possible, hotels could always suffice.
Housing for international players will be provided, though I don't have details yet on who specifically will be providing the housing. What do you mean by "dates/times?"

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
wait... sky as in, norcal sky? fatass black dude? LOL god damn it. i go to tokyo for a 4-day weekend and a hype *** tournament and i bet the first thing i hear is "RIVETING FORWARD SMASH! INTELLIGENT EDGEGUARD!" or something along those lines. christ

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Those who will be attending can contact RAIN on Facebook at Rain Srt. If you contact him, please include "SRT" in whatever message you send him so he knows it's in relation to the tourney.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Could anyone who may be entering please post or PM me the following information:

Which game you will be entering (Brawl and/or Melee)
When you will be arriving in Japan
An e-mail address that RAIN can use to contact you

You can also contact RAIN on Facebook at Rain Srt.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom