• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Awesome Wario Advanced Technique and Combo Thread! Defensive Tire Play!!!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah haha, seems like more of a movement thing. Aka Super Wario Wavedashing. HAHAH awwww yeah! Come on that's too good you gotta admit!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Does fthrow glidetoss to Fsmash really work? I didn't think it did since the fthrow is so laggy.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
uhm well i think i can give you some moere interesting stuff for this thread

4 example the difference between the tires

i prefere the smaller one for 2 reasons:

- its hardere for the enemy to grab it
- it bounces 1 time more than the bigger one

that means, if you are standing and throw it up or down, it will bounce 6 times
the bigger one up to 5 times, some for throwing it down from the air.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Bump for Optimal Bike Breaking :) any input? If information is unclear or faulty, let me know!

Eggz

Smash Hero
lmfao
"Example of a combo: This one I made up is called Pinball Wizard (thanks to t0mmy for the name). "

**** i miss you alex
we should drink/smoke this weekend
well ill drink, you smoke
you know, the usual

also

shield dropping brawl IS harder than in melee wtf
i didnt even think it was in brawl for the longest time
i was just kinda like "if i cant do it immediately, its a myth"
but sure enough, you can

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
so just to understand it right:

for example i claped my enemy 7 times and fsmashed him 7 times.

now theres the bike, i hit the bike with the second hit of the nair, so are clap and fsmash now at 6?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
well, stale moves only counts the last 9 moves you used I think...

also, nair1 and nair2 are counted as one move, but separate hitboxes. like a multihit move. if you hit with both, only one refresh. if you hit with only one, you still get that refresh and both nair1 and nair2 will stale together.

given that the stale move ngine only counts the last 9 moves used, if you use a move, it will push out the move that was used 9 moves ago. At least I think thats how stale moves works... read it somewhere in Tac Dis.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
lmfao
"Example of a combo: This one I made up is called Pinball Wizard (thanks to t0mmy for the name). "

**** i miss you alex
we should drink/smoke this weekend
well ill drink, you smoke
you know, the usual

also

shield dropping brawl IS harder than in melee wtf
i didnt even think it was in brawl for the longest time
i was just kinda like "if i cant do it immediately, its a myth"
but sure enough, you can
Haha for sure my *****. Platform dropping out of shield is really freakin precise, you have to press the stick down at the EXACT right pressure to get it haha. Kinda like what they did with teching, made it really precise instead of easy like in melee lol.

As for stale moves, the basic idea is that using other moves will replenish the moves you have used already. My rule of thumb is simply to use ALL of Wario's moves!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Buffered DACUS addition, might make a video later today after I have lunch. In 1 hour, I'd say. Maybe after I play Wii Fit for a while. 2 Hours. Wait, have to record matches against WA before I have to give Canada their SD card back. 3 hours.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I've noticed you guys often hop back on your bike and you bounce up into the air. I've done it like twice a long time ago. How is this done?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I forgot about that one! Haha what's it called? I never knew a name for it, but yeah I know what you're talking about. You have to be in range to get on the bike and ride, you just jump and then press over B immediately! Like really fast seriously.

Let's call it "Bike Jumping", simple enough eh? ;)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Aha! Very good! Thanks! "Bike Jumping" seems almost... Destined. Haha

xzx

Smash Lord
Nice ATs! I wanna practice them but the time I have is limited...really great stuff Pwneroni! =)

Also, is the bike hop an AT? You know, where you hop on the bike at the same time you will jump?

Labernash

Smash Lord
Hop Chomp is not an advanced technique haha xD
It is if you have... ONE FINGER ON EACH HAND! Dundundunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

By the way, if you sidestep for the lag of the bDACUS, will you go farther than a spotdodge bDACUS, or does the lag of the upsmash cancel out the roll?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Huh? Sidestepping and spotdodging are the same thing. Unless you mean rolling. To do a bDacus, pretty sure you have to be facing forward or else it won't work. Therefore rolling would not work :)

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yeah, my bad! I get in the habbit of things like that. I still call "Intense" difficulty "very hard." =o

Ah, alright! I just fixed my PS3 so I havn't tried bDACUS yet. Just brainstorming basically, haha.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Found a really great vid for bDacus on youtube! It was perfect, I just typed in "buffered dacus" and a Wario bDacus vid was the 2nd one haha.

xzx

Smash Lord
If hop Chomp is an Advanced Technique, then hop Bike should be.
I don't think you understanded me. I meant when the bike is on the ground or a platform, you can hop on it in the air and ride it. Wario doesn't even touch the ground when you are doing this.

Well?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's been known for a while, but it's technically an "adv" tech. It's not that hard. I made a post a long while ago describing how to do it I thought.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Here you go, it was on AllisBrawl, my bad.

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=127444&page=1

Here's the relevant post with more detailed explanation:

Krystedez said:
"from your description"...

Omgosh, you know what, just do it yourself? Mhizzle did it.

Let me explain CAREFULLY.

You have a bike next to you. YOU'RE NOT RIDING IT. It's just laying there. You think you can do one of two things that involve handling the bike:

Ride it.
Pick it up and throw it.

But, you think... "I wish I could have it in the air right now with me on it... I could smack that guy over there with it while he jumps at me... I could even just move the gosh darn thing because it's not good in the middle of the stage... Since it's on the ground, I can't do that until it's gone and I just pull it out of thin air with foward B in the air..."

But then, you realize something...

"Wait, I'm the great Wario! I can do anything! Who cares if it's on the ground already! I'll ride into the sky with it anyways!"

You can't:

A. throw it, and jump on it in midair, brawl's physics do not allow that...
B. Ride it, and THEN jump... Again, brawl's physics, plus the fact you can't jump with your bike while riding it, you just jump off :|

So what do you do?

C. Short hop very fast while at the same time reaching for your forward B motion in order to ride the bike.

IF YOU PICKED C.... The result is Wario jumping onto his bike just like he would when re-riding from the ground, ONLY HE JUMPS INTO THE AIR AT THE SAME TIME WHILE RIDING IT. It's like he kicks himself AND the bike into the air while riding.

Get the picture now? If you don't, I'm sad. If you already know about this, good, I'm glad, because I didn't, and now I do. Didn't find immediate use for it until I used it in finals at a tournament, it helped me get it on top of the platform in Yoshi's Island without damage in the bike by just throwing it up (it takes hit points each time it bounces off of the ground or lands on the ground from throws I believe)... This method is like this:

Chopper Hop -> jump off, bike is now thrown in the air by riding it without taking its HP or picking it up. It's like a lagless throw just as much as an bike boost jump.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Of course not. I wasn't the first to discover it (but one of the first to popularize it, I mean, TheRealBobMan didn't even know of it really, and he's the BIKE MASTER that I learned from his guides) :)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I thought that was actually really well known... I always do it... discovered it months and months ago.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's what I thought, but we've never actually had a compounded thread with all of this, so if you know something that isn't in this thread, say it XD

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Errr... you're gonna have to explain what that is first, before we can explain how to do it haha.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
chopper hop... i have special on X for those 2 reasons:

bite jump
chopper hop

Top Bottom