• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Awesome Wario Advanced Technique and Combo Thread! Defensive Tire Play!!!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ah, so your mere presence stirs up lost spirits of forgotten memories, thereby sending the opponent into the abyss.... of their own mind?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Tires thrown by Wario will do damage according to how far away Wario throws them from at the opponent or how many times the tire has bounced before hitting the opponent. the max damage is acheived by a point blank throw, or landing a dthrow glidetoss, and this damage peaks at 15%. the minimum is when a tire is thrown from as far as it can go before it stops moving or if it hits an opponent on its final bounce, and that is 2%.

best punish for an opponents laggy move or whiffed UpB or whatever, is dthrow glidetoss to fsmash. when fresh, that's 34% and the ability to do it out of Wario's far-reaching glidetoss means that you can move in to punish extraordinarily fast. if you have a tire, and your opponent makes a mistake on the ground... please just dthrow GT to fsmash.. it's tasty.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gga4DL1pE
I knew that Wario could do this, but I never knew that you could actually get the hitboxes out before touching the ground!

Pwneroni, look into this... I would like to note that doing this consistently in a match is for the tech-skilled Wario only. especially with nair.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
From what I've seen of airwalking, it is very situational. I haven't found a situation yet that the technique is good in, but admittedly not a huge amount of effort has been invested. Could be useful, you never know ;)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I tried airwalking against a training dummy. FREAKIN DIFFICULT!!! xD haha

Labernash

Smash Lord
Lolololol. Waft-Oli is beasty. I love your combo vids dude! Makes me chuckle.

I'm getting stale with Wario so I'ma go screw around with Sonic. I need somebody worse than Wario for a couple weeks. So maybe Sonic will freshen up my Wario. Brb.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Dude have you seen KID Goggles vs Hylian? Such awesome matches, it's Sonic vs ICs and they are really fun to watch!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Okay guys, get this. Yesterday at the tournament LOST 3, I was money matching MK player Eggz. It went to third game, and I took out Eggz's second stock in the coolest way ever. It was on Yoshi's Island, and I was standing on the center platform. He Uaired me from below, and I did a platform drop oos into instant fart! It was perfect, and he asked me in amazement, "Dude, was that the platform drop outta shield?" and I was like "Yeeeeeah".

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
bump for Bike Looping added! I'll get a video recorded tomorrow maybe, now that I have my shiny new editing program I can make it look nice!.....and maybe have some words in it this time xD

Labernash

Smash Lord
Pwneroni. I just watched the bike looping video.

I just called to say I love you.

My sig is pointless now. =O I need to go to another tourney and do the unspeakable technique!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Glad we could help :)

I'm proud to say that this thread is having the exact effect I hoped it would: making it easier for people to understand Wario and his ATs. It's a good feeling when you're hard work pays off :D

WacasJP

Smash Rookie
uh wanna add invinciwheel (based on toon link's invincibomb)

with a wheel, Jump, use airdodge then hit A instantly after (Almost at the same time).

havent tried it yet but assuming the inputs are universal, wario could use it..

EDIT: nvm thats what i get for not reading closer..
EDIT2: nvm again o.o i read under Zibble Dropping and didnt find it, am i missing something TheReflexWonder?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
uh wanna add invinciwheel (based on toon link's invincibomb)

with a wheel, Jump, use airdodge then hit A instantly after (Almost at the same time).

havent tried it yet but assuming the inputs are universal, wario could use it..
The concept is covered under "Zibble Dropping."

WacasJP

Smash Rookie
uhh ill just make a new post

i dont see the tech in zibble dropping s:

itsdifferentttt

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah it's a different thing you're talking about WacasJP, I know what you mean. When you airdodge, you have an option to drop an item if you're holding one. Toon Link can airdodge drop bombs, Wario can to bombs too. You're right about it being universal, and would definitely be a good addition to the AT list. What should it be called? I'm thinking maybe just simply "Airdodge Dropping", it would explain itself basically!

WacasJP

Smash Rookie
that or invinciwheel to give a little credit to toonlinks and so the name shows its use over zibbledrop.. idk up to u

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I -guess.-

The reason Link/Toon Link players refer to it as such is because the item can hurt you even if you throw it. Peach players don't have "invinciturnip," and Diddy players don't have "invincinana," so I don't see how this counts as an advanced technique any more than Z-Dropping in general does (which is just common sense).

As for Zibble Dropping, my mistake. I figured the name for "Zibble Dropping" explained itself, but, I was wrong about it, Should've read. All the same, what you're describing is just "using an item efficiently."

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it involves a few specific button presses, thus making it an AT. "Airdodge [Item] Drop" was my name for it, really self explanatory don't you think?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Started the Tire section, input would be really appreciated as it would give me a direction to work in. If no input is recieved, I will just go along my merry way talking about optimal usage, tire traps, footstool combos, incorporating ATs, newer bike breaking techniques, and much much more! Having a lot of fun with this haha :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Started the Tire section, input would be really appreciated as it would give me a direction to work in. If no input is recieved, I will just go along my merry way talking about optimal usage, tire traps, footstool combos, incorporating ATs, newer bike breaking techniques, and much much more! Having a lot of fun with this haha :)
Learning tires is something i need to do ;) My main problem is kinda learning to zone with them.Idk if that helps at all...

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Haha well you're in luck Kuro, that's one of the first things I wrote about! It's under "Dthrow is the Way to Go", do you think I should go into more detail? Ooohh should I draw pics or even take screen shots? I think some visuals are definitely in order for this new section!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha well you're in luck Kuro, that's one of the first things I wrote about! It's under "Dthrow is the Way to Go", do you think I should go into more detail? Ooohh should I draw pics or even take screen shots? I think some visuals are definitely in order for this new section!
Hmm ya i think learning to trap your opponent with tires is one of the most important things as well. Dthrowing it often creates this "pressure" that really helps wario. But its not a huge trap. I think a picture of different setups/spacing between yourself and tires would be a good idea tbh.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ahh I see, I may be confusing "trap" with "disadvantaged" haha. I'll get to work on it right away! After I trim the blackberries and fix my flat tire on my new bike, of course xD

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ahh I see, I may be confusing "trap" with "disadvantaged" haha. I'll get to work on it right away! After I trim the blackberries and fix my flat tire on my new bike, of course xD
MMmmmmm blackberries

Insta crash is ez o3o. All im doing is take out bike and immediately make a quatercircle motion to the opposite diagonal direction.

Top Bottom