• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super DSO 2 Results! May 8th 2010 ~ Philadelphia, PA ~ Brawl and Brawl+!

Veril

Frame Savant
I didn't go Jiggs at all in B+. I played almost exclusively Lucas. Jiggs would have been a better choice but I've gotten bored with her playstyle. She's effective but simplistic and incredibly easy to play, and I should have stuck with her... but I didn't. First tournament going Lucas so I would really prefer I not be listed as using puff.

Anyway. I had lots of fun even though I apparently look mad most of the time lol. Saw a ton of people I really like and made peace with the Imperial Legion. Played P:M for the first time (as opposed to just testing or messing around on my own in it) and have pretty mixed feelings about it overall, though Lucas is crazy fun to play.

Shoutouts later.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah Herny is a wifi player on MLG that ***** the balls of chibo with snake and PERFECTLY spaced fsmash multiple times during there set

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I had lots of fun even though I apparently look mad most of the time lol.
This is pretty true, hehe! Had a ton of fun meeting and playing you, tho.

That Rest interrupt on Diddy is crazy to see done in person.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Oh and btw someone better fix TL in brawl+ rofl

Vanz showed me this thing, he can literally just stand there and fullhop double bair over and over, and you can't touch him (unless you have a projectile). Once it connects its like a 0-death. SIGH DUCK.

edit: Chibo change my characters! Wario didn't advance me in brawl+ singles so take him off. Add ness to my name in vbrawl singles.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Shoutouts. :x

1: Atomsk ($139.20) - ZOINKS. Didn't know what to say.
3: NinjaLink ($40.60) - FADE AWAY. Project M Diddy is busted. lmao.
4: Inui ($23.20) - Good seeing you dude. Come to more tournaments, you're super fun to talk to.
5: Malcom ($11.60) - The guy who never gets hit. That pizza was okay too.
5: ChiboSempai ($11.60) - Well run tournament. I had a lot of fun.
7: MintyFlesh - HEY BABY. ;D Good job in that MM agaisnt Squall. You're pretty alright against Snake. lol
7: Izumi - Get at Vex and I in Random Ditto Double's MM's.
9: Vinnie - Start caring more. D<
9: Will - No worries, **** happens. You'll get it next time. We'll get it in teams too.
13: Dark Peach - Good seeing you again.
13: Nasty - Agggggh. So upset I lost to you. **** Brinstar. It was a good set though, I'll get you next time.
17: Allied - We're pretty good at Low Tier Doubles MM's. Mario/Ike is broken.
17: KirinBlaze - Getting there, you managed to have a close set with a really good player because of Snake and win a set against another really good one with Mario. 3 stock comeback with Link? Yeeeees. Keep working at it.
17: PD - I love you.
17: Kingtoon - Really amazing set. I had heard you were a good Toon Link and now I believe it.
25: General Woodman - Holy ****. Your Jigglypuff is amazing.
25: Clai - GANON. Those friendlies were a lot of fun.

Vex - We need to do more random ditto MM's in teams. We're pretty good at it. Thanks for the tips on Pit MU's too.
Blacka - I'll get on that WiFi and work that Snake up. xD

Squall of fame

Smash Cadet
SQUALL IS GREAT, SQUALL IS GOOD, AND WE THANK HIM FOR HIS SKILL. Sike don't mean to ride my own horse but yea i had fun. Shoutout to vex 4 paying 4 singles 4 me. Atomsk, 1 day i will find a way to beat DDD but till then ggs.

D1

Banned via Administration
Gratz to DA and Insomniacs!

Propz to Trevor for a strong 1st place finish as well in Brawl singles.

Glad to see NL's back and ready to ****.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Tournament was amazing, not even due to the events themselves but just hanging out with peeps. Hyping up matches (often for no reason) is the most fun thing to do!

<3 you all

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ This

I didn't go Jiggs at all in B+. I played almost exclusively Lucas. Jiggs would have been a better choice but I've gotten bored with her playstyle. She's effective but simplistic and incredibly easy to play, and I should have stuck with her... but I didn't. First tournament going Lucas so I would really prefer I not be listed as using puff.

Anyway. I had lots of fun even though I apparently look mad most of the time lol. Saw a ton of people I really like and made peace with the Imperial Legion. Played P:M for the first time (as opposed to just testing or messing around on my own in it) and have pretty mixed feelings about it overall, though Lucas is crazy fun to play.

Shoutouts later.
I'm glad things are cool between us :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
OP is now updated with some bracket images

im gonna work on some vids now, doing them in chronological order

Vinnie

Smash Master
Chibo, if you host Brawl+ again, or any of the sort, you should really consider making it like

B+ B+ BRAWL BRAWL

instead of

B+ BRAWL B+ BRAWL

I was playing tourney sets from 2 different games literally minutes apart, at times. It sucks because in vBrawl I was DIing with aerials instead of bucket braking... luckily that didn't cost me any sets... but you get it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I was about to change it to be like that but a lot of people that came just for Brawl said they were plannign on leaving early-ish and wanted to at least get doubles done because I said it would start a bit earlier in the thread. Also for doing doubles events first cause doubles uses fewer TVs.

But yea, I got stricken really bad from the switching games thing as well so I don't want to do it like this again personally. I think with these 2 games I'm only going to host 3 kinds of events now:
-Brawl only
-Brawl+ only
-2 day event with both

I'm gonna try and work on something big in my south jersey venue with a 2 day tournament for these two games (and the venue will stay open overnight so people who want to stay up all night and play can lol). It's a tad further of a drive for people from Philly (it's like 40 min from the Philly venue) but being able to do 2 days w/ overnight and stuff makes the extra time worth it.

Vinnie

Smash Master
1: Atomsk ($139.20) :pikachu2::dedede:- Good job, lol @ us randomly ****** brawl+, a game do not own or play at all, and not dropping a game until grand finals XD.
2: Squall ($63.80) :snake: - gj.
3: NinjaLink ($40.60) :diddy::pikachu2: - nice seeing you here, you impressed me in doubles. Thanks for letting us switch TVs in our set.
4: Inui ($23.20) :metaknight: - nice seeing you, really wanted to play you guys in doubles v_v
5: Malcom ($11.60) :warioc: - malcolm! we shoulda played in doubles :(, oh well. Also you're a great sport. Nice seeing you and gj!
5: ChiboSempai ($11.60) :rob: - nice tourneh. nice seeing ya. and ggs.
7: MintyFlesh :marth: - gj yet again, lol @ the seeding, #4 IN NY PLAYS #2 IN NJ ROUND 2, GOOD STUFF
7: Izumi :metaknight: - we're slipping in doubles :(. Over the summer I'll take the train/bus to your house so we can train and stuff :3. Thanks for teaming yet again.
9: Xzax :metaknight: - ggs in doubles. Learn how to gnw. lol
9: Keitaro :falco: - even though I feel I should have won, because of the whole light thing, I'm not gonna john or whine, you played really well. GGs, we're 2-1 in tourney now, sir.
9: Vinnie :gw::ness2:- stop entering singles
9: Will :dk2: - 9th curse! you got this dad, you should really consider sleeping before tourneys lol. Thanks a lot for driving me. I had a really good time.
13: Dark Peach :peach: - Nice seeing you here.
13: Xionix :diddy:- RC!!!!!! >:]
13: Nasty :lucas:- ggs man. ness:lucas is sorta hard for lucas :(
13: Smurf :metaknight: - hi
17: Allied :snake::kirby2: - my baby allied!!! bringing out the kirby I see? haha nice seeing you here. I always look forward to seein ya at tourneys.
17: Ebo :marth:- hi
17: Steve Hayes :metaknight: - No, I'm not asian lol. However, I do look like a panda when I wake up in the morning. o_O
17: MIB :wario: - ggs in doubles. try to work on your sidestepping problem though. I killed you a lot because of that.
17: KirinBlaze :mario2::link2::snake: - Good stuff vs kingtoon. Also I avenged you in losers :I. nice seeing you as always!
17: PD :metaknight::wario: - hi mom! You always make tourneys complete. ggs in singles, close one!
17: Kingtoon :toonlink: - ggs in doubles.
17: Phillyrider :zerosuitsamus::peach: - hi
25: General Woodman :jigglypuff: - fun MM. gnw vs jiggs is the hardest matchup in the game. It's like, 101:-1
25: Veril :metaknight::jigglypuff:- hi
25: Hime :olimar: - hi
25: Clai :ganondorf: - fun brawl+ friendlies.
25: Kaylo (forfeited in losers) :pikachu2: - hi
25: Bnzaaa :popo: - ggs man, glad I didn't have to time you out this time, I really hate doing that... see you again next time!

1: Vanz ($96.00) :jigglypuff::toonlink: - ggs in winners finals and grand finals of doubles+ and our singles+ matches. Thanks for training me before the tourneys lol. And yeah definitely get TL fixed .______________.
2: Glick ($44.00) :jigglypuff::bowser2: - jiggs iz broke! ggs in wf/gf. see you again hopefully, you should attend vbrawl tourneys again T_T
3: Ryoko ($28.00) :zelda::shiek::zerosuitsamus: - really close games in singles+. come to more tourneys, you're a really smart player.
4: Vinnie ($16.00) :gw: - what's a brawl+?
5: Guy ($8.00) :diddy: - ggs man. Nice diddy.
5: Atomsk ($8.00) :jigglypuff: - what's a brawl+? lol thanks for teaming with me, told you we could do well!
7: GuruKid :squirtle::ivysaur: - ggs man. come to vbrawl tourneys again... please?... :(
9: JCaesar :rob::wolf: - hi
9: Count Kaiser :ness2::gw: - hi
9: Bandit :zelda: - ggs in doubles+ and singles+. Zelda is really good in + lol.
13: Thunderhorse :falco: - ggs in doubles+. nice dairs.
13: Mister E :pikachu2: - hi
17: Crismas :peach: - hi
blackanese: doo doo paypah. Nice seeing you. stop beating me in doubles.

Nice seeing everyone, I really liked this venue. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone lol.

edit: vex! fun mm. nice seeing you like always. good stuff vs inui/atomsk.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Oh and btw someone better fix TL in brawl+ rofl

Vanz showed me this thing, he can literally just stand there and fullhop double bair over and over, and you can't touch him (unless you have a projectile). Once it connects its like a 0-death. SIGH DUCK.

edit: Chibo change my characters! Wario didn't advance me in brawl+ singles so take him off. Add ness to my name in vbrawl singles.
Incorrect, DI away. Learn Melee DI and you're fine.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
anyone correct me on characters in the OP
I didn't use lucas in doubles, only for singles... however, i used mk and D3 in dubz

13: Nasty - Agggggh. So upset I lost to you. **** Brinstar. It was a good set though, I'll get you next time.
Brinstar was your CP ._. lol, gg's though

SQUALL IS GREAT, SQUALL IS GOOD, AND WE THANK HIM FOR HIS SKILL. Sike don't mean to ride my own horse but yea i had fun. Shoutout to vex 4 paying 4 singles 4 me. Atomsk, 1 day i will find a way to beat DDD but till then ggs.
i hope you at least gave him his money back then. lol... and once again, thanks Vex, you paid this man to enter singles, and i ended up facing him first round. :mad:

13: Nasty :lucas:- ggs man. ness:lucas is sorta hard for lucas :(
lmao, no it's not. It's an even MU, i just haven't played a good ness in forever so i played it wrong.. and i didn't grab-release > regrab you once that entire match :laugh: also, not gonna lie, i underestimated your ness. gg's though. :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I think Squall needs to be a little more patient with Snake cause he was making himself extremely punishable vs Atomsk in winners but then again he did win the set. But if he could do less risky stuff then omg.

falco03

Smash Lord
keitaro im disapointed you can lose to inui or that marth guy...........step it up............i am super mad i didnt go to this.............im coming to pa next week so yea

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Squall has a great camping game, he just had bad air dodge habits... (at least when I played him)

Lie, wanna MM marth vs falco $20?

Top Bottom