• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros. - Greenfield, Ma - January 17th -SBBB/M *First Post Updated*

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Arg... why are the starters on random? It's SO LAME! Random FD vs Diddy and SV vs Snake for everyone!

I WILL BE THERE! MK MAIN IN NEED OF SNAKE MAIN DOUBLES PARTNER

Someone want to explain how this can be 2 hours away yet in the same state as me
We carpool plz ktnx

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Memphis - You're going and your bringing people. And a set up. I've decided.

Deoxys - Because I don't think there are any other stages that really deserve to be nuetral. Too many people complain about the ledges of Lylat(which don't really bother me that much). Besides there's only a 25% chance of FD and a Diddy is only one of many many characters. Not to mention and level vs. Metaknight is ugh. :p

Besides, stage striking is an odd concept for newbs to learn, it's a bit more time consuming(and I really don't want to waste any time with three events). Random nuetrals has been a standard in the Smash Community for quite awhile, no reason not to use it. I like the Stage Strike method but it's not as practical to be honest.

Oh and you want a snake teammate? Tier ***** much :p

Spife

Smash Master
Ace, if I can (i.e. have the hardware) can I run a $1 low tier tourny? I.e. steal everyones money cause I'm top tier for low tier cause I"m a tier ***** and that's the only reason I play link to get the best advantages in low tier tournies man i really should think about punctuation in this sentence

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up for the brawl singles!!!! I will bring my own GC controllers and will be ready to play!!

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I love me some Dazwa, but the reason I said esticle is because it attracts a lot of OOS/really good people. Western Mass needs tournies and I'm glad you're having it but I pretty much am def not going.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
:'(

That makes me a sad Panda.

Guess I'll just have to make the rest of these big enough to get you to come on over. Or at least a little closer.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Deoxys - Because I don't think there are any other stages that really deserve to be nuetral. Too many people complain about the ledges of Lylat(which don't really bother me that much). Besides there's only a 25% chance of FD and a Diddy is only one of many many characters. Not to mention and level vs. Metaknight is ugh. :p

Besides, stage striking is an odd concept for newbs to learn, it's a bit more time consuming(and I really don't want to waste any time with three events). Random nuetrals has been a standard in the Smash Community for quite awhile, no reason not to use it. I like the Stage Strike method but it's not as practical to be honest.

Oh and you want a snake teammate? Tier ***** much :p
No stages are neutral; that's why stage striking is the best. I know people complain about Lylat, but you can use PS1. Either way, they can strike lylat or PS1, so the end result is more fair than just doing those 4 stages on random. Seriously, how long do you think it will take newbs to strike two stages? A ******** tree stump would only take like 8 seconds to decide which stages to strike. FD is one of the worst stages for MK, and being randomly made to play on it game 1 is just lame. If my opponent agrees, can I do stage striking?

I think the tourney should use stage striking and:
BF
SV
FD
YI
PS1

or just
BF
SV
FD

Having just 3 starters and 1 strike each would still be way more fair than random, and would take about 1 second. I'd just tell the noob, "choose to play on BF or SV."

Also, I don't want a Snake main just for tiers, I want a Snake main for the Super Omnigay (TM).

Also, with an 8 minute time limit, banning Luigi's Mansion is ********. I'd make the time limit 7 minutes (especially since one of the main reasons you were against stage striking was time restraints) or allow Luigi's.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
The listed rules as is are fine and are like 100% confirmed by the SBR by now... 1 strike and 1 ban is fine
OOOOH! I NEED TO LEARN TO READ!

I thought it was just those 4 stages on random, with no starter strike, which would be uber ********. This works great!!!!!!

Seon

Smash Cadet
Ok umm if anyone needs a a ride and they're like in the eastern mass, Boston/ Plymouth Area I'll so give you a ride if needed

Spife

Smash Master
cog smooch is just afraid of recording more matches that never get uploaded. I know your pain

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm surprised you're not pushing for Skyworld too. Either way niether stage is happening. Sorry.

Even if Diddy and DK are **** on Luigi's Mansion too.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
If I can make it I can bring a Wii (along with a copy of Melee with a memory card--all that jazz), a TV, and a power strip, providing that the car I'm going in has room for all of that. I'll talk to the friend who would probably be driving me in the upcoming week and see if I can get you a definite about whether or not I could go and if I could bring any of this.

Spife

Smash Master
this entire game is like a pokemon. that's why I think pokemon staidum should be the only legal spelling errer

Almo

Smash Ace
MK is OU.

anyone out near the framingham area want to give me a ride?

Almo

Smash Ace
what is OU?
Overused is tier in pokemon. lol

EDITL Also since i'm wicked lazy and don't mind wifi, anyone want to play me online sometime before this so i can get a bit of practice in, instead of playing with the usual people i play with that suck? <_<

Except one kid. one kid is good. and only because marth gets ***** in lag lol.

EDIT EDIT: If i do go to this i'd like to team with someone fairly decent. i'm not bad, just not top 10 in singles good.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Overused is tier in pokemon. lol

EDITL Also since i'm wicked lazy and don't mind wifi, anyone want to play me online sometime before this so i can get a bit of practice in, instead of playing with the usual people i play with that suck? <_<

Except one kid. one kid is good. and only because marth gets ***** in lag lol.

EDIT EDIT: If i do go to this i'd like to team with someone fairly decent. i'm not bad, just not top 10 in singles good.
i wouldnt mind playing u :)

u went to mass madness right? i think u did....but i cant remember >__>

oh well no big deal, just add me on Aim/Skype when u wanna play

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'd be down to play as well, actually.

And I just want to remind everyone. Set Ups are going to be badly needed. Espicailly tv's. Something recently happened to mine and the base of the screen has strange discoloring. I don't really want to use it now, as it'll screw Olimar's over, and it's just annoying. But whatever it takes I guess.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754

And I just want to remind everyone. Set Ups are going to be badly needed. Espicailly tv's. Something recently happened to mine and the base of the screen has strange discoloring. I don't really want to use it now, as it'll screw Olimar's over, and it's just annoying. But whatever it takes I guess.
i can bring wii/gamecube and maybe 2 tvs hopefully.

Almo

Smash Ace
i wouldnt mind playing u :)

u went to mass madness right? i think u did....but i cant remember >__>

oh well no big deal, just add me on Aim/Skype when u wanna play
yay.

yes, i placed 25th. lost to dazwa (3rd) and pat/pro (17th).

i love skype! lol. alright sure, i have school the next 2 days because ashland hates me lol, but i have all week off from work, so i could probably find sometime this week to play you.

cool. there shouldn't be alot of lag anyway, since anyone who would consider going to this is reasonably close, which means it should have a green connection. and i play in yellow and orange all the time and don't mind.

Top Bottom