• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well there goes my backstory...

btw, I was just looking at the OP and who are the Okimo?
I planned on writing something up on the Okimo at one point, but got caught up with vacation and such. I put it in the OP so I wouldn't forget about them, and now that you brought it back up, I'll explain.

I wanted to represent the Kokiri somehow or another. So, this Legend being in the Child Timeline follows TP by some two thousand years, yes? Well, the Kokiri obviously evolved/transformed into the monkeys. The Okimo are a sentient simian race descended from these monkeys and live on the outskirts of the Fungal Forests.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I went ahead and added myself to Project Zelda Wiki. I can go ahead and list the other regulars for them. I got nothing better to do, lol. Except maybe work on my Link concept.
Link plz?

And no, I don't mean the Link in the concept art.

Mewter

Smash Master
The Yetis are definitely from the North.
Haha. Who thinks the Yetis should have lots of snow sports going on? Snowpeak can be a large vacation spot/sports center (at least, a part of it).

XACE-K

Smash Master
The Yetis are definitely from the North.
Haha. Who thinks the Yetis should have lots of snow sports going on? Snowpeak can be a large vacation spot/sports center (at least, a part of it).
I can see a vacation spot being in Snowpeak, but not at the Yeti village. The snow sports can be minigames similar to the snowboarding in TP.

Mewter

Smash Master
Someone should create a page for the enemies and bosses mentioned in the OP.
I'm looking at you, Spire.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
How did you find that.

Now that it's out in the open I suppose I'll be protecting the Main Page, as only admins should be able to edit it, though it'd be nice if wikia told me how to make an admin.
Anybody can edit it, Darkurai. All I did was google SWF: Project Zelda. I don't think you need to be an admin...

edit: was I not supposed to find it?

Spire

III
BRoomer
It was bound to get out at some point. We basically just wanted to found something stable before releasing it publicly, so if we should keep it on the dl for now, just edit the link out toon_marth.

Darkurai

Smash Master
It was bound to get out at some point. We basically just wanted to found something stable before releasing it publicly, so if we should keep it on the dl for now, just edit the link out toon_marth.
If you really can find it in a google search for "Project Zelda", it's not really worth hiding anymore I suppose.

With any luck this release will actually get it to stabilize faster.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Haha, I was wondering why I got a bunch of email notifications from the wiki, so then I saw that people had added to it. I think it can only benefit from people working on it. Just a note to everyone, be consistent. I've used a basic format for a bunch of them, so if you think it works, go by it. Also, use the categories I've created. If more are needed, then make them, but there are ones for enemies, places, characters, races, and nations so far.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Additionally, I think that we should work on making some templates for the Wiki similar to how every decent Wiki ever has had. I'd do it myself if I knew the first thing about it at all.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Wait... we already have the wiki up? I haven't had internet for several days so... I'm out of the loop. Oh, and I made THIS while my internet has been gone:

Ivar Pea-eyes is his name. he's a mountain man and world renowned strong-man.

This is a guy I'm making for a more personal project of my own, but I felt as if he could have a place in the Zelda project as well. Ivar lives up high on the mountain of Snow Peak, in an abandoned village. He is an unfriendly fellow: locking himself into his house and stating that he will not speak to weaklings, and to prove yourself worthy of conversation you must move a great rock off of his cave door. If you have the gauntlets of strength (I assume we will have those) you can move his boulder. Ivar is very short; only being up to about Link's waist. But he allows you entrance to his cave, in which you get a very nifty gift (What it is, I dont know...)!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Once again, an epic character concept, Zaneeba. :bee:

I don't know if I've said it before, but I thought we should wait until we contribute a lot to the actual wiki :mad:

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Alright guys, I have a new WIP. hopefully I can get this done today. Busy busy busy week last week but I'm in the clear now.

The first one was kinda disappointing to me imo, but I promise the next one won't be the same creature. :p

Zaneeba, that Ivar Pea-Eyes is awesome. He looks like a cross between Darunia and the Great Deku Tree from WW.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Beach

Today I went to the beach. Rather than hang around the various other visitors, I decided to walk far down the coast into what was practically no-man's land. I walked aimlessly around, stepping over trash, bird droppings, shells, and numerous washed up hermit crabs. This area was disgusting, but I still walked. It was as if I crossed over many regions, as the sand itself took on many varying textures, colors, temperatures, and forms.

I was in what may have been a bog at one point - an algae-infused mud layer resting atop the sturdy, compact sand beneath. I was then walking across what might have been a dried out lake, with bleached, cracked mud. I then moved on to a desert, with windswept dunes and the illusions of arrow heads as the wind blew over small rocks, creating acute pinches of sand. I then ventured into the remains of a city as the sand was suddenly dotted with debris from everything imaginable. There were two washed up palm trees, completely stripped of their foliage, and bleached incredibly by the scorching sun. They lay isolated in the center of two very different worlds, serving as a place of congregation for the hundreds and hundreds of birds, namely just the gulls. The pelicans stuck together in the wading levels of the sea to the east, every so often taking off to go diving for food.

I'd like to point out that as I walked towards the allotments of gulls, standing around talking to eachother, they would all take off, moving collectively clockwise. Even though they moved simply out of fear, it was as if I was controlling them. Cause and effect. If I move towards them, they will keep moving away, but clockwise. As time ticked and I moved forward, they would carry out the motion of the clock. It was a unique relationship, but then again, anything can be a unique relationship if you simply identify what's different and/or interesting about it.

I found a peculiar looking hermit crab shell, so I picked it up, inspected it for a dweller, which I was at first disappointed with, but healed that with a little game. Perhaps I had David Bowie's song "Heroes" stuck in the back of my head, but I paraphrased a line and recited it to this crab as, "you shall be King," and threw him into the water. I found a very similar looking shell, only larger, and again continued the song, "and you shall be Queen." I walked a while, looking for another. At this point, I realized the similarity between the song and the situation, so to deviate from the lyrics, I found another crab with a peculiarly colored shell, picked the fellow up, and told him, "you... shall be cast away," and threw he too into the water. His purpose was to usurp and kill the King as he would be banished from the rule.

I went through numerous other crabs before finding a 6-inch conch half-buried in mud beneath the brown water. I reached down and gently pulled it from its trap to find a mussel within, bubbling and hiding in absolute terror from the giant who had lifted him from his place of comfort. So I carried him as I walked more and more, singing and speaking to him. I told him that in his best interest, he would not die like the rest of his kind, unnoticed, and uncared for in the brackish water, but would instead perish so that his shell and memory would be relished by a higher species. I would have told him this, but I did not think of it until now - that he had been chosen because he had grown too big for the ocean; he earned the right to be taken to the parallel world of land to live a different purpose, and to not be turned into feces like most of his neighbors from the sea.

While exploring this expanse of sand, birds, and debris, I felt as though I had traversed an entire world. A place that I had - like so many others - visited before, yet with every passing day the geography of it all would change as the tides alter the formations of the sandbars. The only life forms were a single human, hundreds of birds and hermit crabs, and the occassional mussel, yet we all comprised this incredible world.

One giant; many members of an avian race; many members of a cowardice, dark-dwelling crustacean species, and the rare mollusk beast. I was the unstoppable Tarrasque; the mythical creature that every other lesser species knows has the power to do or undo their life, but the fear lies in the fact that I really have no idea what their rules are, so I will break them inevitably. Their cultural structure will be damaged simply by this unassuming, invading force, interested solely in itself and its own kind.

To comfort the mussel, I told him that I could just as easily be controlled by a higher species and I'm simply not aware of it, but in the best interest of the universe and the continuity of all things, I would willingly give myself to an unknown cause - and so should he.

This individual's discovery of so much land and mystery and actually having an impact on it all, writing myself into the history of this isolated stretch of beach instantly recalled The Legend of Zelda for me, but the very first game - no other. I hope this may somehow inspire at least one of you. Remember, the largest things in existence can always be traced back to the smallest. It's the minutiae that are the most intimate.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
To comfort the mussel, I told him that I could just as easily be controlled by a higher species and I'm simply not aware of it, but in the best interest of the universe and the continuity of all things, I would willingly give myself to an unknown cause - and so should he.

This individual's discovery of so much land and mystery and actually having an impact on it all, writing myself into the history of this isolated stretch of beach instantly recalled The Legend of Zelda for me, but the very first game - no other. I hope this may somehow inspire at least one of you. Remember, the largest things in existence can always be traced back to the smallest. It's the minutiae that are the most intimate.
... I heard that the most poisonous snails tend to live in conches. Those ones with the shooting spike. Lucky for you it was just a mussle.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I see you had fun at the beach, Spire. :lick: Back when I lived by the beach I was never inspired this much. I'm always much more inspired by mountains, which is why I fell in love with Colorado. Anyway, I'm gonna cut right to the chase. This morning, before I woke up, I had a dream. Now, I tend to have dreams every night, and I don't have a clue where the elements in the dream come from. But this particular morning, I was blessed with a Zelda dream. I was given a vision of some new Zelda game that I had never played before. This dream was so vivid, that though I woke up an hour ago, it is still fresh on my mind. I'm going to tell you before I forget. The dream goes as far as I can remember as follows:

I was walking through a store with my mom and two brothers. This is strange because one of my brothers, my older brother, does not live with us. I'm not sure which store it was, but it's quite possible it was a Toys-R-Us, around Halloween, because there was an entire section of costumes somewhere in the store. Well, it apparently wasn't Halloween time, but I wanted to look for something anyway. Please note that in real life, I no longer wear costumes on Halloween, aside from the occasional costume party.

I got bored of looking at costumes for all they had was the generic superhero, cop, fireman, etc. So I left. I wandered into the video game section (gee I wonder how) and that's when I spotted it: a new game available for demo. I picked up the controller immediately. The fact that this was not a Wii Remote is also unusual. I have no idea what it was though, as the dream did not focus on petty details. Anyhow, I picked up the controller and pressed start. Here is what I saw:

A completely stark region came into view. Before I knew it, trees were a part of the picture. Then came water, and rock formations, and eventually wind. I had no idea what I was seeing, until I understood this was a Zelda game, though the start screen bore no title in my memory. It sported no dialogue or text at the beginning, and jumped straight into a snippet of gameplay, giving me the impression this game was surely not complete, as if I were testing the product so far along in its progress, like at E3. Now, Link, clad in his tunic, looked almost exactly identical to his counterpart in TP and SSBB, and stood atop a GIGANTIC hill. This hill was surrounded by trees at the foot. There was a single sat of train tracks leading through the forest, if memory serves. As gameplay started, you were at the foot of the hill in a sleepy little forest, with no enemies. Around the foot of the hill was the only interesting thing about this forest. It was a big, lilac-whitish colored shell. It was about a few feet taller than a human body. Around the area of the shell were many groups of flowers of all varieties. The sheer detail of the graphics enthralled me. Upon walking up to the shell nothing happens, even when you examine it.

Somewhere in this forest is a small raised land form. A top the slight elevation, there was a garden. Perhaps the most beautiful thing imaginable in Zelda history, this garden was made of marble, with fountains, crystal clear water, and colorful flowers and plants. But still I was more intrigued with the shell. It was standing upright, shaped like an egg.

Nothing in my memory beyond this point serves as what could have happened between the exiting off the garden and the village. First, the player had to return to a village, probably by train, which was located in tall canyons. These villagers lived like Native American tribes, with houses built among the mountain wall and at the tops of cliffs, and there were large, long bridges connecting the cliffs to each other, the thoroughfare of the village.

Upon talking to some of the villagers and gathering some info, Link discovers a young maiden from the village is missing. She sings a beautiful song that she wrote, and in prophecy, is a very important person said to save the world one day. Well, I immediately knew that this shell must have some kind of connection. The strange thing is was the area the shell was located in. If someone evil put it there, why would they put it in an area so easily accessible to so many people. The skies begin to cloud up, and rain begins to fall steadily, as Link rides the train back to the forest, intent on finding what lies inside the shell.

Upon arriving in the forest, the player finds that almost all the trees have been decimated; either burned, or hacked down by some brutish force. Though the train tracks were uprooted, and the once beautiful garden now in ruins, the shell was still there. I can't remember anything else between this point and the very breaking of the shell. Here is how the shell is broken.

Link stands atop the hill, and theatrically dashes down it, losing no balance somehow, and he begins to execute his final smash from Brawl! What? A final smash in a Zelda game?! Well, in my dream, it happened, people. The player had to time it just right and do this three times to break the shell. Inside was a radiantly gorgeous, light purple skinned woman of some type, apparently unclothed, as Link has his "reaction" to women, except tenfold this time. The next thing I remember is quite foggy, as dreams tend to fog up as you grow closer to waking.

All I remember next is her saying she came by train from a far away island, where she was sent from, or something along those lines. She apparently has never seen a member of the opposite sex before, as she is overjoyed at seeing a man (Link). She apparently is already pregnant, though, as gave birth to several.... tree spirits, who are with her in the shell. These trees are glowing of different colors, and you can even name her offspring. A strange mechanic, but an interesting one nonetheless. I was still trying to figure out how she gave birth before I broke the shell when I suddenly woke up to another cloudy, humid, Texas day.

So I threw on some pants, had an epic bowl of cookie crisps and sat down with me dear MacBook, and began posting this right away. I'm not sure what this means or anything, or of it helps the progression of the project at all, but I felt like I should share an original thing that I got in a dream with you guys. I don't know if any of you guys wear a coat of many colors or anything, but maybe we can interpret this dream into something for our project. Just something on my mind, and it would have killed me inside if I didn't let it out before I forgot it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Awesome toon_marth, awesome :)

I don't know if we should put a group effort into analyzing your dream or not, because it could strip it of its magic feel. I know I certainly wouldn't want anyone doing the same to my dreams - especially if they were Zelda oriented like so.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No need to. It was part of the dream, so you leave it. At least he did his FS and not like the Zero Laser or Super Sonic. How lame would that have been?

Now Blue Falcon on the other hand...

Here are my ambitions with this project:

- I'm going to work on a huge essay about this project, going into detail about the various regions and what not. Once I finish my AWYP entry and a couple personal little projects, then I will begin drafting it.

- It's very hard to show you guys the Hyrule that I have in mind, so eventually, I will design enough pieces of concept art to fully illustrate the world. I plan on creating an interactive Flash map with clickable locations to view information and artwork about every region, location, and dungeon for Hyrule, Holodrum, and Labrynna.

- Then in a very, very long stretch, if we could assemble the necessary requirements, we could potentially craft the world in fully rendered 3D to make a "tour guided video".

XACE-K

Smash Master
This isn't really a big idea or whatever but I haven't seen it yet in this thread.

How about we have a bank in Zora's Domain? It can work similar to the bank in MM. And with every goal you surpass, you'll get something in return. But how many of these goals should there be? I'm thinking in the range of 7-10.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
This isn't really a big idea or whatever but I haven't seen it yet in this thread.

How about we have a bank in Zora's Domain? It can work similar to the bank in MM. And with every goal you surpass, you'll get something in return. But how many of these goals should there be? I'm thinking in the range of 7-10.
Meh, if we're going to do something like that, I think there should be quite a few tasks to complete, 20-25 sounds more reasonable to me.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
What is this I don't even

Hey, a new PM.

....I'll try, Spire. :urg:

...Seriously, I'll do my best. :bee:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Wow, you guys have inspired me to put extra emotion and a distinct feel into future dungeon design.

Now thinking back, I realize there is one detail I missed when designing the previous dungeons, and that is history. Knowing a complex and compelling back story is one of the major keys to dungeon design.

Spire, your description of the seagulls flying clockwise in a constant circular motion just might have inspired a puzzle, in which you chase around some sort of statue, or something of the sort, until it begins to follow you. This can open up a world of possibilities for smaller puzzles while controlling the statue, like using it to weigh down switches.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Okay, I've started on my narrative description of Southern Hyrule Fields. Should be done...eh, Monday? Maybe sooner. No more than a day later than that. The thing with me is that I never know just how busy I'll be, so planning is pretty much impossible.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Now, Link, clad in his tunic, looked almost exactly identical to his counterpart in TP and SSBB, and stood atop a GIGANTIC hill. This hill was surrounded by trees at the foot. There was a single sat of train tracks leading through the forest, if memory serves. As gameplay started, you were at the foot of the hill in a sleepy little forest, with no enemies. Around the foot of the hill was the only interesting thing about this forest. It was a big, lilac-whitish colored shell. It was about a few feet taller than a human body. Around the area of the shell were many groups of flowers of all varieties. The sheer detail of the graphics enthralled me. Upon walking up to the shell nothing happens, even when you examine it.

Somewhere in this forest is a small raised land form. A top the slight elevation, there was a garden. Perhaps the most beautiful thing imaginable in Zelda history, this garden was made of marble, with fountains, crystal clear water, and colorful flowers and plants. But still I was more intrigued with the shell. It was standing upright, shaped like an egg.
This is perfect description of what one part of Hyrule should look like. I can just imagine it - the mysterious grassy hilltop overlooking the industrial wasteland of Hyrule.

The player should discover in the middle of the game that the hilltop leads to the Sacred Realm, as the breathtaking hilltop itself is like a sanctuary from the surrounding world of desolation and industrialism. Perhaps some being (may end up as a Sage) speaks to Link and orders him to travel to different dungeons in order to open the Sacred Realm? Instead of collecting pearls or stones, though, there should be a new secret to opening the Sacred Realm, like playing songs to statues (just an example from the top of my head) or something.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'll be working on my stuff too. Got one dungeon already in a mental image, the Yoll Wastelands, which I described before once. I'm giving it a real story though, maybe changing things, and all that. Though, there's something else that kind of needs to be figured out before any serious details of dungeons are laid out, and that is items. What items will Link find, and when? I mean, planning a dungeon is very different when Link has a hookshot than when he doesn't. Plus, gotta know what he finds in said dungeon, assuming we're keeping that aspect intact of finding a new item in each dungeon.

Other things. This is supposed to be in the future, after a technological rise and fall. How far did they get pre-fall? What did they have? Guns? Cars? Computers? Planes? I've avoided doing anything dependent on these answers till now, but if we discuss items, we need to have a level of advancement, at least vaguely. And we might already have one that I missed, but yeah. Also, there is at least one major road, the Holodrum Thoroughfare. Is there a significant network of roads? Are they paved? Where do they go? This will be determined by whether they developed cars or other forms of transportation above horse-drawn stuff. Oh, and what do things run on? Typical fuels? Or have they harnessed the magic of the fairies perhaps?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I want computers. I think in at least one dungeon we should see a huge room filled with computers. Or better yet a dungeon taking place inside a giant computer, that was being designed right at the beginning of the fall. Maybe this giant mother computer was designed to be able to rule the land, so living creatures wouldn't have to. This could be one of the sole reasons for the technological downfall of Hyrule.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Man, I need to meditate. The only enemies I got so far seem too generic to me.

I have...

....Forest Zombie
Armored Tiger
Flying Fiery Mothman-like creature (which I stole from a book <_<)
One eyed one horned flying purple people eater

*sigh*

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to read some of the other's assignments and might possibly make someone's job harder... But Octo-Lad in Zora's Domain? i dont know, but I dont think Octo-Lad lives in Zora's Domain. He's a human (Or hylian, whichever) just dressed up as an aquatic creature. He isnt "Literally" an aquatic creature. He would most likely fit in Kakariko or any other hylian establishments.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Man, I need to meditate. The only enemies I got so far seem too generic to me.

I have...

....Forest Zombie
Armored Tiger
Flying Fiery Mothman-like creature (which I stole from a book <_<)
One eyed one horned flying purple people eater

*sigh*
*lolspongebobquote*
Empty your miiiind.

The Forest Zombie is the only one that seems generic to me. It just seems like you'd find him in the overworld of a pre-made game on a copy of RPG Maker. The tiger... I don't know why he's armored, but if you make a good description you can sell it. Mothman sounds cool! Maybe you can make him like a really hard God-Tier enemy.

And put Trogdor in while you're at it.

edit: no, no, no Zaneeba, you're missing the point. Zora's Domain is the new Kakariko from OoT. It's become the central hub town due to little to no pollution. Zora's have mainly fled to Selepria so Zora's domain is now a habitat for Hylians.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
The hill is hidden by a mysterious fog, and most people who enter become lost and eventually die. However, with the power of the ancient Sages, Link survives.
Okay, I get it. Hey, who knows, the Master Sword could even be located here. And it could be the sub-level right before acquiring it and after you're collectng whatever from the first three dungeons.... WHICH YOU SHOULD BE DESIGNING RIGHT NOW! Lol

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Okay, I get it. Hey, who knows, the Master Sword could even be located here. And it could be the sub-level right before acquiring it and after you're collectng whatever from the first three dungeons.... WHICH YOU SHOULD BE DESIGNING RIGHT NOW! Lol
Haha, I will begin designing as soon as possible (probably tomorrow), but of course, it never hurts to discuss the purpose of visiting the dungeons first.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking maybe to shut down industrial machinery that is blocking entrance to the Sacred Realm. After all, the first three dungeons all reflect the industrial environment.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
And the last 3 (4?) Represent the more spiritual side of the game. Perhaps there was a flying airship, composed of thousands upon thousands of mechanical gears which power the machine. It eventually shut down some time before the downfall, and landed on the hill, amongst the entrance to the sacred realm. People then, with technology still thriving, tried to build off the airship a bridge to the sacred realm. They only got so far and it looked more like a tower, with a giant elevator in the center. The Clockwork Elevator it was dubbed. The men who built this were foolish, as the prophecies stated the Sacred Realm was amongst the hilltop, but not above. The only way to remove the tower blocking your way is to open the three closed hatches by beating the three beginning dungeons and activating the three switches in them, gaining access to the control orb, located at the top of the tower. The three switches were put in these now-dungeons, because they used to be the domains of the three Dukes, who were supposed to activate the switches in case of emergency. This project was never completed, and it is now Link's duty to activate these three switches and remove the tower.

How does that sound? :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom