• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot, TM. Now all I remember is fine dining.

And breathing. /lolspongebobreference

Just @ anyone who has a knack for good work ethics, should I make a single post containing descriptions of all enemies I come up with, or one per enemy?

I would already prefer to do it one post at a time, but I had to say something to make this post less spam-ish, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a SpongeBob reference. =D Besides, questions never hurt anyone..... physically.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Well, if you're pairing the description with a pic, definitely go with single posts. But if not, just post it all at once, to keep you focused. But really it depends on how long the descriptions are gonna be. If you're going for a toon_marth style wall of text, go with individual posts so the reader doesn't become overwhelmed. If you're gonna skimp on the details, post em all at once so your reader doesn't get bored.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
****. You guys got something kickass going here. Just a couple thoughts.

-The tunics/mail/armor/whatever have pretty good concepts. What has me worried is how a lot of them come so early on. The thermal tunic would be right before Level 2, the Pressure Tunic before Level 3, and the Bio Tunic after the Labrynna dungeons. Then...nothing. I mean, unless there was a way to upgrade them to make them useful in ways besides protecting Link from heat, cold, toxic air, and water pressure...

-Also, too many new items could be a problem. The LoZ series is pretty famous for using combinations of old and new ideas, so abandoning too many old ones might not be a good idea. New versions of old items (like the Snareshot/Velocity Snareshot) are good, though.

I have a few of my own ideas, but I'll put those up later.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
****. You guys got something kickass going here. Just a couple thoughts.

-The tunics/mail/armor/whatever have pretty good concepts. What has me worried is how a lot of them come so early on. The thermal tunic would be right before Level 2, the Pressure Tunic before Level 3, and the Bio Tunic after the Labrynna dungeons. Then...nothing. I mean, unless there was a way to upgrade them to make them useful in ways besides protecting Link from heat, cold, toxic air, and water pressure...

-Also, too many new items could be a problem. The LoZ series is pretty famous for using combinations of old and new ideas, so abandoning too many old ones might not be a good idea. New versions of old items (like the Snareshot/Velocity Snareshot) are good, though.

I have a few of my own ideas, but I'll put those up later.
Well, I see you just invited yourself in. Welcome. :bee: Good thing going, posting ideas in your first post. Don't become a pennywise and you're set for wealth, glory, and power a great time. Keep in mind, we go heavily by SpireIII's timeline, so study up.

edit: try to get some of your own ideas out there before correcting others. For the time being we have no idea how many tunics there will be. There could be >9000 tunics for all we know, but for right now, three new ones are enough.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wow, you guys have inspired me to put extra emotion and a distinct feel into future dungeon design.

Now thinking back, I realize there is one detail I missed when designing the previous dungeons, and that is history. Knowing a complex and compelling back story is one of the major keys to dungeon design.

Spire, your description of the seagulls flying clockwise in a constant circular motion just might have inspired a puzzle, in which you chase around some sort of statue, or something of the sort, until it begins to follow you. This can open up a world of possibilities for smaller puzzles while controlling the statue, like using it to weigh down switches.
Glad that my beach anecdote has inspired you. I think we're on to something with this clock temple...
This is perfect description of what one part of Hyrule should look like. I can just imagine it - the mysterious grassy hilltop overlooking the industrial wasteland of Hyrule.

The player should discover in the middle of the game that the hilltop leads to the Sacred Realm, as the breathtaking hilltop itself is like a sanctuary from the surrounding world of desolation and industrialism. Perhaps some being (may end up as a Sage) speaks to Link and orders him to travel to different dungeons in order to open the Sacred Realm? Instead of collecting pearls or stones, though, there should be a new secret to opening the Sacred Realm, like playing songs to statues (just an example from the top of my head) or something.
Exactly why I assigned toon_marth the job of designing Hyrule Southern Fields ;)

That means that this better take place somewhere in your fields TM!
I'll be working on my stuff too. Got one dungeon already in a mental image, the Yoll Wastelands, which I described before once. I'm giving it a real story though, maybe changing things, and all that. Though, there's something else that kind of needs to be figured out before any serious details of dungeons are laid out, and that is items. What items will Link find, and when? I mean, planning a dungeon is very different when Link has a hookshot than when he doesn't. Plus, gotta know what he finds in said dungeon, assuming we're keeping that aspect intact of finding a new item in each dungeon.

Other things. This is supposed to be in the future, after a technological rise and fall. How far did they get pre-fall? What did they have? Guns? Cars? Computers? Planes? I've avoided doing anything dependent on these answers till now, but if we discuss items, we need to have a level of advancement, at least vaguely. And we might already have one that I missed, but yeah. Also, there is at least one major road, the Holodrum Thoroughfare. Is there a significant network of roads? Are they paved? Where do they go? This will be determined by whether they developed cars or other forms of transportation above horse-drawn stuff. Oh, and what do things run on? Typical fuels? Or have they harnessed the magic of the fairies perhaps?
Yes, we need to start designing items for Link to find in these dungeons. Technologically, I'd say that Hyrule met the equivalent of the 80's, or what we might have seen in movies from the 80's - that rusty cyberpunk stuff. In other words, it's steam-cyberpunk. Here's two references:
Blade Runner
and then this came to mind...
Billy Idol - Shock to the System

But remember, this world is post-steam-cyberpunk.
I want computers. I think in at least one dungeon we should see a huge room filled with computers. Or better yet a dungeon taking place inside a giant computer, that was being designed right at the beginning of the fall. Maybe this giant mother computer was designed to be able to rule the land, so living creatures wouldn't have to. This could be one of the sole reasons for the technological downfall of Hyrule.
Not a bad idea. However, I'm sure the reactor dungeons (Frozen Reactor, Deep Sea Mining Facility, and Destroyed Reactor) will have computer rooms. Also, I guarantee you there will be a lot of cyber stuff beneath Hyrule City Ruins.
Man, I need to meditate. The only enemies I got so far seem too generic to me.

I have...

....Forest Zombie
Armored Tiger
Flying Fiery Mothman-like creature (which I stole from a book <_<)
One eyed one horned flying purple people eater

*sigh*
Think simply. Go outside, find something interesting, then blow it up into a creature. For instance, if you find a pinecone, you might think of some crustacean-like creature with shell-skin that protrudes like a pinecone. Plus, it might be overgrown with moss and actually lives in a forest, relating it closer to a pinecone, despite it actually being some large crab thing.

I just thought of that in a few seconds. I'm sure you can do the same :)
Sorry to read some of the other's assignments and might possibly make someone's job harder... But Octo-Lad in Zora's Domain? i dont know, but I dont think Octo-Lad lives in Zora's Domain. He's a human (Or hylian, whichever) just dressed up as an aquatic creature. He isnt "Literally" an aquatic creature. He would most likely fit in Kakariko or any other hylian establishments.
Yeah, Zora's Domain (which needs a new name) is the new hub of Hyrule, replacing Hyrule City since it's completely gone.
And the last 3 (4?) Represent the more spiritual side of the game. Perhaps there was a flying airship, composed of thousands upon thousands of mechanical gears which power the machine. It eventually shut down some time before the downfall, and landed on the hill, amongst the entrance to the sacred realm. People then, with technology still thriving, tried to build off the airship a bridge to the sacred realm. They only got so far and it looked more like a tower, with a giant elevator in the center. The Clockwork Elevator it was dubbed. The men who built this were foolish, as the prophecies stated the Sacred Realm was amongst the hilltop, but not above. The only way to remove the tower blocking your way is to open the three closed hatches by beating the three beginning dungeons and activating the three switches in them, gaining access to the control orb, located at the top of the tower. The three switches were put in these now-dungeons, because they used to be the domains of the three Dukes, who were supposed to activate the switches in case of emergency. This project was never completed, and it is now Link's duty to activate these three switches and remove the tower.

How does that sound? :bee:
Totally. Speak with the other dungeon masters (hawhaw) about design. Perhaps an old cult bent on finding this mythical Triforce to restore the land built this tower. They started out correctly, finding the right place, but did not succeed.

That's why Link was born, because he will do what they could not.
Thanks a lot, TM. Now all I remember is fine dining.

And breathing. /lolspongebobreference

Just @ anyone who has a knack for good work ethics, should I make a single post containing descriptions of all enemies I come up with, or one per enemy?

I would already prefer to do it one post at a time, but I had to say something to make this post less spam-ish, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a SpongeBob reference. =D Besides, questions never hurt anyone..... physically.
Post however pleases you. I must say, it'd be awesome to see one big post with ten new creatures, but if posting gradually helps you, then go for that.

Spire

III
BRoomer
3000th Post!

I'd like to celebrate my 3000th post in this thread. Thank you all for the awesomeness :)

It's like the Triforce x 1000[/lame]

Now refer to my last post for feedback on your jobs.

Mewter

Smash Master
GGs, Spire. You now have 1,000 Triforces. :bee:

I want computers. I think in at least one dungeon we should see a huge room filled with computers. Or better yet a dungeon taking place inside a giant computer, that was being designed right at the beginning of the fall. Maybe this giant mother computer was designed to be able to rule the land, so living creatures wouldn't have to. This could be one of the sole reasons for the technological downfall of Hyrule.
Yessssssss!!!!!
Okay, now that that's out of the way. :laugh:

The Crooked Hand
The crooked hand is actually a landmark in the Glass Desert, characterized by 5 fingerlike stubs protruding from the glass in an oddly hand-like way. It is about twice the size of the average Hylian Man, and is said to be cursed. Glowing lights can also be seen emanating from the hand during sunset, and sunrise brings shadows from the "fingers" that can snare people and drag them under.

How's that sound?

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Crooked Hand
The crooked hand is actually a landmark in the Glass Desert, characterized by 5 fingerlike stubs protruding from the glass in an oddly hand-like way. It is about twice the size of the average Hylian Man, and is said to be cursed. Glowing lights can also be seen emanating from the hand during sunset, and sunrise brings shadows from the "fingers" that can snare people and drag them under.

How's that sound?
Sounds like I need to do some concept art of the desert.

Oh shi- that reminds me of something..

Darkurai

Smash Master
Question: Do I have to actually draw out maps of the Holodrum Dungeons?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Question: Do I have to actually draw out maps of the Holodrum Dungeons?
No, but you should go into great detail about their look, feel, history, inhabitants, etc.

Maps are extra, and will probably all eventually be dumped on Phantom7 if others like myself don't decide to pick one or two up.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
The Crooked Hand

How's that sound?
Queue creepy music. Sounds eerie. Another reason to have time pass on a normal basis using your wii's clock and calendar. It would be even cooler if it could use the forecast channel if you had wifi lol.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Wow, you guys have inspired me to put extra emotion and a distinct feel into future dungeon design.

Now thinking back, I realize there is one detail I missed when designing the previous dungeons, and that is history. Knowing a complex and compelling back story is one of the major keys to dungeon design.

Spire, your description of the seagulls flying clockwise in a constant circular motion just might have inspired a puzzle, in which you chase around some sort of statue, or something of the sort, until it begins to follow you. This can open up a world of possibilities for smaller puzzles while controlling the statue, like using it to weigh down switches.

And the last 3 (4?) Represent the more spiritual side of the game. Perhaps there was a flying airship, composed of thousands upon thousands of mechanical gears which power the machine. It eventually shut down some time before the downfall, and landed on the hill, amongst the entrance to the sacred realm. People then, with technology still thriving, tried to build off the airship a bridge to the sacred realm. They only got so far and it looked more like a tower, with a giant elevator in the center. The Clockwork Elevator it was dubbed. The men who built this were foolish, as the prophecies stated the Sacred Realm was amongst the hilltop, but not above. The only way to remove the tower blocking your way is to open the three closed hatches by beating the three beginning dungeons and activating the three switches in them, gaining access to the control orb, located at the top of the tower. The three switches were put in these now-dungeons, because they used to be the domains of the three Dukes, who were supposed to activate the switches in case of emergency. This project was never completed, and it is now Link's duty to activate these three switches and remove the tower.

How does that sound? :bee:
Oooh... What if in the final room of each of the first three dungeons, there was a statue that came to life with a single touch? After Link moves for a few seconds, the statue begins to mimic Link's moves. There are two switches in the room. One of them is too large for Link to handle, and one of them is perfect for his size. When the statue begins to mimic every move, Link pulls the smaller switch, and the statue simply mimics by pulling the large switch, partly opening the control room. Once all six switches are pulled, the control room is completely opened, and Link must destroy the tower and enter the Sacred Realm.

No, but you should go into great detail about their look, feel, history, inhabitants, etc.

Maps are extra, and will probably all eventually be dumped on Phantom7 if others like myself don't decide to pick one or two up.
I actually thought about doing that myself. I wouldn't mind it, to be honest!

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Oooh... What if in the final room of each of the first three dungeons, there was a statue that came to life with a single touch? After Link moves for a few seconds, the statue begins to mimic Link's moves. There are two switches in the room. One of them is too large for Link to handle, and one of them is perfect for his size. When the statue begins to mimic every move, Link pulls the smaller switch, and the statue simply mimics by pulling the large switch, partly opening the control room. Once all six switches are pulled, the control room is completely opened, and Link must destroy the tower and enter the Sacred Realm.
Hey, sounds like a nice idea. But we'd need to make it vary a bit for each of the dungeons. Probably to represent the different themes of the dungeons. Like, in the Mining Facility, we could a system of cranes and pulleys somehow involved.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Hey, sounds like a nice idea. But we'd need to make it vary a bit for each of the dungeons. Probably to represent the different themes of the dungeons. Like, in the Mining Facility, we could a system of cranes and pulleys somehow involved.
I agree. And maybe in the Frozen Reactor the switch is frozen solid, so you have to unfreeze it. I imagine it would be a simple lever overgrown with vines in the Jungle Temple, though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The first three dungeons definitely need to be connected somehow, but perhaps it isn't revealed until later. For instance, expanding on this "statue" idea, what if the sub boss of the first three dungeons was a specifically designed statue that later in the game, you realize were all guardians of the dungeons to keep them spiritually intact, so you've been screwing things up without knowing it. Ganondorf could be behind this, leading you to destroy these guardians...

OH! Big big big! The Master Sword was shattered long, long ago, its metals salvaged, and used for petty reasons. For instance, part of it was crafted into expensive excavation tools that were used by some explorers in the Jungle Temple, and upon being chased out (or killed), the tools remained deep in the temple. In the Frozen Reactor (before it malfunctioned and froze over DM) some more pieces of the Master Sword were used in the mainframe computer due to their highly concentrated material. In the Deep-Sea Mining Facility, some pieces were stripped down and used in high-maintanence, super-laser mining tools; top-notch. These three robots (yes) were created by the "The Bridge", the preceding legion before "The Beacon" in order to seek out the pieces of the Master Sword to reforge it. They believed that it was the missing link to the Sacred Realm, and if they could place it in the pedestal in the flower grove inside of the Clockwork Tower (built by the loosely organized cult which actually preceded The Bridge), they could access the Triforce and restore the land.

Ganondorf has caught on to this and is actually a high ranking - albeit undercover - member of the Beacon. He knows that if The Beacon recovers the pieces of the Master Sword via their robots, then they will all have access to the Sacred Realm and use the Triforce's wish for the good of the land, so he recognizes you, Link, as his way out. He sets up a scheme for you to recover these pieces, and [I'm drawing a blank here, you guys figure the rest out].

Mewter

Smash Master
OH! Big big biiiig awesome post!
He befriends you, and the rest of the story makes him seem like a really great guy (he tells jokes, even), and he gives you some specific instructions on what to do? He should also (not obvious) stay away from those pieces, since they could do him some harm (burn him a bit if he holds a piece for example).

Spire

III
BRoomer
He befriends you, and the rest of the story makes him seem like a really great guy (he tells jokes, even), and he gives you some specific instructions on what to do? He should also (not obvious) stay away from those pieces, since they could do him some harm (burn him a bit if he holds a piece for example).
Professor Quirrell much?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
No, I like, Mewters idea springing off of Spire's idea. And after that, Ganonforf accesses the Sacred Realm and steals the Triforce of Power (obviously). But once Link sees that the Leader of The Beacon (I actually forget his name) also succeeds in stealing the Triforce of Wisdom, which leads to the disbanding of The Beacon temporarily, he is distraught. But then the goddesses make a deal with Link, as he stands in the sky room, the very top point of Clockwork Tower. If he can pass three spiritual tests, they will grant him the Triforce of Courage, which has not been stolen.

Meanwhile, Ganondorf heads to Holodrum in an assassination attempt against esteemed General Onyxe. After Link passes what he thinks his first test, which is the first dungeon after obtaining the Master Sword, he is sent to Holodrum to stop Ganondorf, where he completes the however many dungeons are there. He returns to Hyrule after saving General Onyxe, who is really not evil, and completes his second "test". As he is preparing for his supposed final test, he is then sent by the goddesses to Labrynna (that's where Dark comes in. We need a reason for him to go there) where he completes those dungeons. He returns to Hyrule to find everyone in a state of panic. Ganondorf has been threatening the King of Hyrule and is now taking action. By making a force of three strong soldiers, other than himself and has been using them to terrorize Zora's Domain. Link completes his final Hyrule dungeon to find that his three test were saving Hyrule, Holodrum, and Labyrnna; a task never completed by one Link. He heads to Ganondorf's Hideout, which is the Clockwork Tower, which Link must ascend a second time, except now he has created three other towers using dark magic in Link's absence. He gathers The Beacon once more and they storm Ganondorf's fortress, once and for all.

Note that we will need to make the Labrynna and Holodrum dungeons shorter and easier so as to not overwhelm the player with dungeons. Just a thought...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spammy one liners? Okay so that's your style since your a mod now. :laugh:

Anyways, thanks. :)
Actually, I ended up posting a huge response, but decided to remove it so I could show in a new post that wasn't at the bottom of a page. Here you go:

I. Introduction
- Link begins in a small village somewhere
DGN 1: Jungle Temple (Master Sword piece 1)
DGN 2: Frozen Reactor (Master Sword piece 2)
DGN 3: Deep-Sea Mining Facility (Master Sword piece 3)

II. The Reforging of the Master Sword
- Zelda, the leader of The Beacon has it reforged for you.
DGN 4: Clockwork Tower (Link places MS in the Pedestal of Time)
- Ganondorf steals Triforce of Power; Leader of Beacon (Zelda) obtains Triforce of Wisdom

III. Obtaining the Triforce of Courage
- Link is given a vision by Zelda of his quest
DGN 5: Holodrum Dungeon I
DGN 6: Labrynna Dungeon I
DGN 7: Destroyed Reactor
- Upon ending the threat in the Great Deku Tree (stopping the Reactor's radiation generation and the boss associated with it), Link sees the Triforce of Courage appear on his hand.

IV. The Hollow Drum
- Ganondorf rises to power; the Beacon is damaged greatly; Ganondorf curses the Yeti leader with a neverending nightmare to prevent him from sharing a valuable secret with Link that could undo Ganondorf.
DGN 8: Yeti Elder's Dream
- Link cures him and learns of Ganondorf's new minions heading to both Holodrum and Labrynna, so Link heads off to Holodrum.
DGN 9: Holodrum Dungeon II
DGN 10: Holodrum Dungeon III
- Link saves Holodrum, but Labrynna is taken over by Ganondorf's army, with its lighthouse being transformed into a dark tower. Ganondorf's army would have constructed an identical tower in Holodrum had it not been for Link.

V. Return to Hyrule
- Link sails back from whichever country he saved and gets wrapped up in a conflict at Oasidjali Island.
DGN 11: Oasidjali Island
- There is some downtime as much of Ganondorf's army had moved to Labrynna and Holodrum, with a large amount of them killed in the latter. Link then learns of a new threat in the Western Glass Desert.
DGN 12: Glass Chasm
- Link fends off Nihal, but does not kill him. He is assumed to be a follower of Ganondorf, but is a completely third party character.

VI. Storming Labrynna
- Link and Zelda regather The Beacon and sail to Labrynna to take it back.
DGN 13: Labrynna Dungeon II
DGN 14: Labrynna Dungeon III
- Labrynna is recovered, albeit greatly damaged, from Ganondorf's army. The Lighthouse is completely destroyed in the conflict.

VII. The Final Conflict
- The Beacon return to Hyrule to take down Ganondorf. They find out that he has used the Triforce of Power to completely seal himself in the Clockwork Tower, which has now been converted into a dark tower identical to what his army did to the Labrynna Lighthouse.
- Link must recover a fabled artifact from the Hyrule City Ruins to break through the seal.
DGN 15: Hyrule City Ruins
- Link reunites with Zelda and The Beacon at the base of Ganondorf's tower and hands her the artifact. Only she has the power to activate it, so upon doing so, the seal is broken, and the tower is stormed. A great war breaks at the foot of the tower.
DGN 16: Ganon's Tower/Sacred Realm
- Link and Zelda confront Ganondorf at the top of his tower, and because the Triforce is essentially together at the location of the ancient Temple of Time, they enter the Sacred Realm to finally defeat Ganondorf (Ganon) and seal him away with the completed power of the Triforce.

BONUS. Three Towers
- At any point in the game after obtaining the artifact from the Hyrule City Ruins, you may sail out to the location equally centered between the three towers of Ganon: the Clockwork Tower, the Labrynna Lighthouse, and the stunted Holodrum Tower. Here is the ultimate challenge, but is not required to complete the game. It's what Ganondorf had ultimately sought, but could not acquire it with his limited power and incomplete "Triforce Towers". It is the 17th dungeon, the longest and most challenging in the game with multiple bosses (including Nihal again), but great rewards. I have no idea what it is right now.

Mewter

Smash Master
Lol, Toonny (yeah, you've got a nickname), that does sound pretty epic!

What of Zelda? She should be trying to hold back dark magic at the final fortress, which is threatening to corrupt the soldiers (the Beacon) around the castle and turn them to Ganondorf's side. Each tower can have a "nightmare chamber" that freezes Link and sends him spiraling into a nightmarish scene where he is forced to fight a boss, or something (kind of like in WW). The Master Sword would form a kind of bubble around him to keep him from going completely mad, but it's still pretty crazy.

There can also be two other people trying to hold back the magic in the other towers until Link gets there, too.

Edit:
WHAT THE HECK, SPIRE!?
I like. Maybe except for a couple of things, though. Is this chart a bit flexible?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Edit:
WHAT THE HECK, SPIRE!?
I like. Maybe except for a couple of things, though. Is this chart a bit flexible?
Sure it's flexible. Everything we had done up until now just suddenly clicked in my head and that's what came out. I post because it needs feedback to expand, warp, and perfect it.

Mewter

Smash Master
Sure it's flexible. Everything we had done up until now just suddenly clicked in my head and that's what came out. I post because it needs feedback to expand, warp, and perfect it.
We need Kaepora Gaebora, or whatever that owl's name is, somewhere.

Edit:
How about the Glass Desert? :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
We need Kaepora Gaebora, or whatever that owl's name is, somewhere.

Edit:
How about the Glass Desert? :D
He seems pretty OoT/MM-exclusive (even though he was in one of the Oracles I think, and maybe TMC). Maybe a new character in his spirit? Kind of like how the King of Red Lions played a very, very similar role to him.

Mewter

Smash Master
He seems pretty OoT/MM-exclusive (even though he was in one of the Oracles I think, and maybe TMC). Maybe a new character in his spirit? Kind of like how the King of Red Lions played a very, very similar role to him.

No name right now. He can glide with his leaf "wings" for a bit, though.

A deku scrub that runs around. Maybe a second surviving one, that knows of a small colony of suriviving Deku Scrubs?
Lol. Sage of the Forest Temple? He's got a mustache! :)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

No name right now. He can glide with his leaf "wings" for a bit, though.

A deku scrub that runs around. Maybe a second surviving one, that knows of a small colony of suriviving Deku Scrubs?
Lol. Sage of the Forest Temple? He's got a mustache! :)
Seriously? I laughed when I saw this...

Question: How is the Errant going to fit in?

And we also need to decide where Rolling Ridge Tower (name subject to change based on storyline) and Spool Swamp Cave are going to fit in as Holodrum dungeons, if we use them as Holodrum dungeons as planned.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Seriously? I laughed when I saw this...

Question: How is the Errant going to fit in?
I honestly want to drop The Errant entirely. For the sake of isolating our Legend of Zelda from the rest of the series as much as possible, he has to be cut. You see, I'm willing to cut even my biggest and most invested ideas for the sake of the project ;)

But I'm loving this new Deku guy!

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I honestly want to drop The Errant entirely. For the sake of isolating our Legend of Zelda from the rest of the series as much as possible, he has to be cut. You see, I'm willing to cut even my biggest and most invested ideas for the sake of the project ;)

But I'm loving this new Deku guy!
We should cut him and just give him his own game.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Another question: What exactly are we going to call this game?
That will come with time. Once we really figure out what this project is about, we'll have to work on the absolute best name possible - the one that fully embodies the feel of the game.

Despite how dark my "dungeon post" might have made the project sound, it could still be designed so open-ended and fruitful that it overshadows the gloomy storyline. Yeah, there's a war at hand, but there's going to be so much more to do.

Also, go look at my entry for AWYP2. We could possibly use that as concept art for the Okimo Forest.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Although Spire charged me with making 10 characters, I feel that I can create more. Every now and then, I'll post a new character. They'll mostly be a rough draft but I'll improve on them and whatnot. So here's the first character I'm posting:

Gren: Gren is the owner of a small, but successful gadget & tool shop in Zora's Domain. He'll sell you things from bomb bags, to quivers, and other sources of equipment that can allow you to carry more of something, or improve on whatever you have. These things could be found in a shop, but you'll find these items at a discount at Gren's shop.

Anyway, what will make Gren an important character is that you'll encounter him many times during your adventure. His shop will be robbed at one point (I'm thinking after completing the Destroyed Reactor) so it'll be up to you to go find it's thief (who would also get a profile). Gren will help you access the Yeti Elder's Dream by creating the invention used to access it, and he'll also help you at Oasidjali Island (I'll explain why he's here after posting other characters) with completing some puzzles, and help defeat the boss.

After completing that dungeon, Gren will return to Hyrule where he'll go back to shop and re-appear again to help Link, Zelda, and the Beacon at the foot of Ganon's tower.

Note: If anyone disagrees with something or whatever, just say so and I'll revise this.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Oh me! Oh My!
It's Mr and Mrs. Snide!
They sneer and taunt,
and love to flaunt
their money with great pride!
The people, they all hate them,
and would you wonder why?
There were no worse of people,
than Mr and Mrs. Snide.

Sorry for the bad poem. I made it up just now because I was bored :laugh:

Anyways, this is Mr. and Mrs. Snide. You will find no one more fancy than these dignified individuals. Everywhere they go, everything they do, they MUST make an impression. So, naturally, they are always gussied up for any kind of affair. Some people think that they are so fancy at all times, the sh*t gold (And you would almost think so by their constant sneering faces.)

Mr. Snide is the town judge. And thus, he never tells a lie. Thats what makes him so annoying. He doesnt have the decency to even politely lie. If he doesnt like you, he WILL tell you. If he thinks your ugly or your clothes are not satisfactory, he WILL tell you. Sometimes, he's been so honest, people have actually tried to kill him. The honesty would be somewhat tolerable... but since he's rich and pompous, he can pen-point ANYTHING about you that he doesnt like. He is a boring chap save for the insults, in which if you dont want to talk abut law or money... he really has nothing to talk to you about.

But Mr. Snide is nothing but a single lice compared to his wife, Mrs. Snide. She is the worst of the worst. She wont talk to anyone who is in a lower class than she is... which is everyone. heck, she wont even LOOK at people who are lower class. Sometimes it's so bad, that she just simply closes her eyes and tells her husband to walk her in the right direction! She is so obsessed with money, she only buys the most expensive clothes and the most expensive jewelry and the most expensive makeup (Which makes her look rather silly, since non of it ever really matches.) She is a behemoth of a woman (On account that she eats only the finest chocolates) and is quite capable of filling a room. Her perfume is the most expensive... and the most horrific. You can smell her from a mile away with her over-powering "Pe Pei Le Indulgo" she wears. This makes everyone drop what they are doing and head for the hills, because this woman is the worst thing to ever happen to Hyrule in a thousand years!

If you have the giant wallet, you might be invited to their mansion on the hill for a little get together. Their house is like a museum, inside and out. You cannot touch anything, you cannot sit on anything, and you cannot walk on most of the carpet. This isnt a quest or anything... it's just something to see if you ever are bored.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Oh man! Nice profile! And in their museum-house, you could see artifacts that are rare collectibles now that were items in previous games. These guys remind me of the rich person in WW. Nice, man, truly great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom