• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney. Definitely the most fun I've had at a smash event, and more fun period than I've had in a long time. WNY/PA hype was too good.

Thanks to Cura et. al. for hosting - you did a fantastic job with everything. I'm sure Bry would have been proud.

Shoutouts tomorrow.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
**** **** **** dik dikdikdikdikdik

Yes, thats really funny trashtalking.....
Or actually really annoying, why were you guys talking about **** so much? lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea who was that kid in the vid screaming **** all the time...

really annoying, kind of makes me not want to go to a tourney up there

i woulda paused the game and told him to shuuuut up lol

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
yea who was that kid in the vid screaming **** all the time...

really annoying, kind of makes me not want to go to a tourney up there

i woulda paused the game and told him to shuuuut up lol
Lol game loss and a smack in the mouth from angel.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
My Shout outz.

1. JesiahTEG- Nice to have you back in upstate, Now start playing brawl some!

1. PikaPika- Now i know your glad that you didnt ***** out of this tournament Lol.

1. Vicious- I did really good against you in melee, Then you figured me out and i didnt do good anymore Lol. Good sets!

1. max - I was really amazed by your play style the most, I truly felt there was much i could do to win Lol, Good person and great player would like to see more of you if we can :]/

5 Player - Fun playing back at my apartment afterwards, you actually pretty good at brawl you should play more.

7 Woomph- Didnt play you at all. You should speak up more and become more social at tournaments that way you can enjoy the scene alot more.

7 Spamus - Really good set, I absolutely hate samus, Jiggly puff up-air to good! :]

9 Flaw- Played a couple friendlys with you, tough falco

9 Beta- Sowwy

9 Epsilon- Glad you could make it to the tournament thanks uploading and record stuff, both brawl and melee.

13 Nightro- What happened!!

13 Sharky - Metaknight time.

1. San - Great job in both doubles and singles, Not surprised by the results at all though its expect :] we should team more.

3. KingToon- Really good Toonlink, We did get to play besides in doubles, but even in doubles i was getting outplayed quite a lot. Hopefully next time we will get to play some. Great job and thanks for coming out.

4. TUSM- I definitely underestimated you, And you made me pay for it. Really great set and your a really good player, congratulations on doing so well in the tournament.

5. K-9 - It was nice seeing you again and definitely fun playing, Really close down to the wire matches. I need to work on snake a lot more. You have really good nade control it was fun to watch and play against.

5. EBO - Only played you in doubles unfortunately, maybe next time. But i did enjoy breaking your shield in doubles grand finals :]

7. JamesG- Not surprised by this placing at all. Beat Goggles just like we knew you would Good job.

9. Dotcom- Good matches and nice/funny person. I really do enjoy the olimar match up and hopefully we can play more sometime.

9. Kid Goggles- James G Was here.

9. Azeal- Good job a lot better than i thought you would do. Now you just gotta come out more.

9. Vibe- Keep practicing nice job in doubles and singles, You lost to good players.

13. L-Don- Fun matches, I enjoy play against marth really fun. Werid cp though, well i guess not werid but really bad place to take a metaknight lol.

13. KayLo!- You did really well. I wish more talented females player would show more dedication such as yourself, Good job.

13. VFXM - good placing, Not bad for your very first tournament offline. And you'll continue to get better.

17. 1337-0 - Pretty disappointed with this, We all know you have the ability to make a lot higher, and i know we'll see you back on top soon!

17. Mako- Didn't get to see you play much or talk to you at all. but not bad, but you can definitely do better.

17. bcb-Didnt play you at all but im glad you guys came out and got to stick around to play brawl this time. Hopefully you can manage school well enough to start coming out more.

25. Acton- Hopefully this tournament put some fire back into your brawl game.

Big Shoutout To altairian for helping out so much, Managing money, brackets, players, setting up, calling out, and more while i was busy playing matches. Thanks alot! enter singles next time! This tournament needed more pikachu!

Thanks PA for making the time to come out here, And dealing with our trash talk and dishing out a lot of your own. Everyone i met from PA was extremely nice, and extremely talented. Great job to everyone and thanks a lot.

I know bry would have been please by this tournament and im sure he'd be happy knowing a pikachu won lol.

Thanks everyone :]

Also shout out to xxx for helping us win.

x13mako

Smash Ace
Ya, I never practice before leaving for the tourney for some reason, so my style becomes stiff when I get there. I really should fix that.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
And my shoutouts are now on Page 2.

I got my vids on 3 different setups, so I hope you guys can record.

Me vs. Goggles (MM) and Me vs. Beta on Goggles' setup.
Me vs. Azeal (MM) and Me vs Pikapika on Azeal's setup.
Me vs. Sharky on an unknown setup, it was in the mostly melee room, tho.

Me vs. Sharky on an unknown setup, it was in the mostly melee room, tho.
Mine. It wasn't recorded because no one ever asks me for friendlies to be uploaded, so I just never hit the record button until a tournament set or MM starts. Did you ever ask anyone who's recording set up it was?
-Oh, wait, are you referring to barlw and saved replays?

Also, **** you Umbreon, PikaPika, Vicious, and JesiahTEG. I came all the way from Virginia, to just not record the most important sets in a New York tournament. I hate you.

Tournament Videos Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10827033

ssbbfalcoxxx

Smash Cadet
THE SALTY PART WAS A JOKE AND U GUYS DID REALLY GOOD.WHAT PPL DONT UNDERSTAND IS THAT ARE FRIEND DIED.AND WE REALLY WEREN'T GONNA LOSE ITS PPL LIKE vVv ChiboSempai THAT DONT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT HE IS JUST MAD PIKA PIKA GAVE HIM THE U KNOW WHAT! LOL.

REAL QUICK SHOUTOUTS

.COM LIKE I SAID U WHERE ****ING FUNNY AS HELL OMG. DUDE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!

KT&TUSM THAT DDD AND TL IS CRAZY YA WAS HANDING OUT ***** 2 WE REALLY AINT TALK BUT GGS

EBO U WAS ON THE PHONE THE HOLE TIME LOL I ONLY HERD U SAY 1 THING AND IT WAS GET THE ****

ANYWAYS GGS 2 EVERY1 THAT CAME OUT. PA PPL LET CHIBO KNOW THAT IF HE CAN....CAN HE PLZ STAY OFF THE TIP OF MY ****!!!

RIP BRY WE MISS U BRO

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Lmfao. Yo, PA took the SALTY RIDE HOME, they SALTY ON YOUTUBE, and they SALTY ON SMASHBOARDS ABOUT BEING SALTY ON YOUTUBE! PA SALTY because they took the LONG 3 AM ride home with $33 TOTAL from singles. They need to chill.

Yea, bcb, even though the way I played in that MM was very depressing, I'mma try to get back up to Rochester next week or something, and see if I can't get the matches with me + your set vs PikaPika. lol, but do you REALLY want that uploaded? ^^;

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
IDC about getting ***** by Pika. I figure I might as well learn what I did (everything) wrong in that set. I mean... who laughs about a 3 stock anyway?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Don't worry, you guys pretty much won against B Tier UFB (our crew initials, so you know). We still have PLENTY of solid players. We'll bring them next time, take your money, go home, and eat dinner.

For the crew battle, if I'm not in, I'm taking all sidebets, no less than $20.

Also, your #2 PR player lost to an unranked PA player in bracket.

<3 Cura

D

Deleted member

I was really out of it for this tournament, sorry guys. I played like total **** the whole time and had no fun at all. Not to slam the tournament, it was great. My head just wasn't in the right place and I wasn't much good for practice. Maybe next time.

edit: for clarification, I forfeit all of my matches that I lost in singles bracket.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Nah, on the real, I love PA, they're all mad cool. Dotcom, Ebo( even though I lost.... you got shield broke, ma du<3 ) But, on the real, I was playing like **** that set vs Snake, mainly because everybody was watching, and I was so nervous, just wait until I'm more used to the tournament scene, I was literally shaking and jittery during the set after the first match. No johns, good stuff mah du, you won, I got you next we play.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lmfao. Yo, PA took the SALTY RIDE HOME, they SALTY ON YOUTUBE, and they SALTY ON SMASHBOARDS ABOUT BEING SALTY ON YOUTUBE! PA SALTY because they took the LONG 3 AM ride home with $33 TOTAL from singles. They need to chill.
$34, actually, plus $84 from dubs. :p

Anyways, y'all were fun to chill with and play against, but I really hope you guys realize that besides a few players (San, PikaPika!, and very borderline Cura), the rest of y'all wouldn't stand a chance against PA. Besides one or maybe two exceptions, San is the one who beat all the PA players in singles..... otherwise we lost to ourselves or -- in the case of me & Dotcom -- Cura.

Just keepin it real, all love. I'd hate to see WNY lose all that money in a crew battle. <333

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Nice job everyone - Sounds like it was a pretty solid tournament. Hope to make it to one of the future ones.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but keep in mind those 3 players can wreck a lot of yours. Combine that with several players who are good enough to take a couple of stocks off (if not beat your players) then we win this by a landslide.

You also forgot that a lot of our top ranked players also weren't at the tourney, lol.

I will wait til this **** goes down before talking any mess, though. Let's make it happen.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Our top ranked player there was Kingtoon..... who's 4th. Ebo was the only other PA ranked player there, and he's 9th.

Just sayin. :p I'm probably the worst tourney player in PA (no bull****), and I managed to get third in dubs -- with another unranked player -- and place semi-decently in singles lol.

We'll definitely see tho, I just saw a lil bit of trash talk and hoped it wasn't serious. :urg:

D

Deleted member

PA would definitely stomp the **** out of WNY in crews.

Sharky

Smash Master
Mine. It wasn't recorded because no one ever asks me for friendlies to be uploaded, so I just never hit the record button until a tournament set or MM starts. Did you ever ask anyone who's recording set up it was?
-Oh, wait, are you referring to barlw and saved replays?

Also, **** you Umbreon, PikaPika, Vicious, and JesiahTEG. I came all the way from Virginia, to just not record the most important sets in a New York tournament. I hate you.

Tournament Videos Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10827033
nah I'm pretty sure it wasn't your setup, seeing as it was a wii lol. For anyone reading this, they were two games, first was yoshi vs snake on BF, second was ROB vs Wario on Frigate Orpheon.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really sure how good your ranked players are obviously, because like you said, most of them weren't there. TUSM seems pretty legit from what I've seen, and actually may BE BETTER than some of your lower ranked players (I think he beat EBO in bracket). So saying "Oh this player beat your player when he was unranked" can only go so far. KingToon, despite being number 4, is probably near the skill level of the other 3 players in your top 4, or at least close, I'd imagine. I could be wrong though.

Again, no smack talk intended. But in the end, I have confidence enough in our "Big 3" and other greatly talented players to do well in this crew battle. So like I said, let's get it done :)

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Friendly competition is nice but lets all make sure it doesn't go past that everyone. I had a great time with everyone! and tusm I may have lost to you, but rather or not a player is ranked or not shouldn't matter. You played really good! but.... if were gonna talk ranksss, your 4th did lose to our 6th (pikapika) who, by the way, didn't even want to enter because he never plays anymore Lol. So your best player (in the group that came) lost to our 6th who doesn't play anymore. And me and Sanford did run through doubles fairly easy after we got sent to losers. Even took grand finals pretty easy with some matches resulting in us 4 stocking the other team!

Not going to make excuses for my self, Everyone who beat me did out play me. And i had a lot of fun playing all these new people. I enjoyed my bracket personally cause i got to play all new people. (tusm,k-9,kaylo,dotcom) and a few others.

Im all for the crew battle i think all this talking of throwing down big money is rather silly though. I think lower stakes are much more suitable. The crew battle i think will be an extremely close match and hopefully we can arrange it sometime!

M@v

Subarashii!
Our top ranked player there was Kingtoon..... who's 4th. Ebo was the only other PA ranked player there, and he's 9th.

Just sayin. :p I'm probably the worst tourney player in PA (no bull****), and I managed to get third in dubs -- with another unranked player -- and place semi-decently in singles lol.

We'll definitely see tho, I just saw a lil bit of trash talk and hoped it wasn't serious. :urg:
Trust me your probably not. Dont beat yourself up like that.

Rankings are in writing, but I already feel there have been changes to the rankings. Example, TUSM has been doing well again.

It'll surprise me if TUSM isnt ranked next time, assuming he keeps the pace up.

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Had fun playing everyone! Did many money matches for some reason lol Sorry Acton for going MK on you on our money match :/ I felt bad after you losing to 1337-0 then losing to me. A lot of good Marth players were there! I could only play 1 though. Beta and Vibe I wanna play you sometime!.

1. Cura, fun games I knew I was going to get 2-0'e by you so I did not really think of my counter pck lol Awesome TOing too!
2. PikaPika, your an awesome Pika to take out bcb like that! I wanna play you sometime!
3. San, never got to play you this time. I wanna play that D*** giving Ike of yours!
4. Mako, fun games with your Marth! Your SOOO unpredictable I swear lol We need to play online sometime!
5. Beta, like I said I want to play your Marth for giving bcb a really hard time!
6. Vibe, you too you placed higher than me so I wanna see who is better! Do you play online at all?
7. Acton, agains really sorry for using MK on you! And if you say that Falco against Marth MU is really easy for Marth I'll work harder on it!
8. 1337-0, Only got to play you in our money match, really awesome Ness and we only played 1 game so I don't count tat as me beating you yet lol Also, like everyone said you got bracket *****, next time you **** the bracket!
9. Dotcom, your Olimar is really good! You knocked me out of the tournament! Nice Olimar! lol
10. bcb, try atleast getting the same spot as I am! lol
11. Alterian, good doubles matches with you! Nice Pika and awrsome TOing to!
12. SSBBfan, really did not expect you beating my MK like that! Really awesome Mario!

GGs to everyone I did play and sorry if I forgot any of you! Triple X Your just really funny and need to play bcb!

R.I.P Bry we all miss you!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Let me rephrase, then: the PA players there were far from the best in the state. TUSM is good, but he's unranked for a reason considering he was plenty active last season. (No offense TUSM..... you've been stepping it up recently tho.)

@James: Uh, what other top players? We're talking strictly WNY here. San, PP!, and Cura were all there, and none of your other ranked players would do anything to a real PA lineup. Having only 3 good players isn't gonna help your cause unless they're the best in the nation. :urg:

It'd be fun to watch tho, I hope it happens at some point. :)

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that one small section of New York has to go up against the entire state of PA? Realistically, you guys will refuse to do an all out NY vs PA crew battle because NY is a far superior to PA when ALL top players are factored in. It's kind of a weak minded approach, but I'm still down for the crew battle under these terms. And by other top players, I'm referring to players such as Snakeee, who isn't actually from WNY but is active in its scene. But how dare we go beyond the depths of WNY when you're putting your entire state against us, right? :p

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
VFXM here (for those who still don't know..)alright, kinda late on this but here are my shoutouts

Angel- nice to finally meet you in real life, although I never expected you of all people it was still fun man, thanks for the friendlies and your funny as hell

James+Eevee- thanks for the friendlies James really helped me stay focused and great job to both of you for taking out me and CMP in doubles. you two have great teamwork and I have no doubt that it will become even better

CMP-not gonna lie man you were a great partner with that yoshi, sure we hit each other a few times but I was satisfied with the fact that we were doing ok despite it being a random team-up. hope to see you again someday and maybe do doubles or something, we have potential.

KT- nice job putting me in loser bracket, although we never really got to talk I would've liked to do some friendlies or a money match with you. That toon link you got is a beast, and your kirby is good too. I should've been more patient on that match with him though but oh well a loss is a loss.

Sharky-dude...you were nuts...I loved it lol thanks for the friendlies also but you and angel were crazy towards the end, made me laugh so hard, and of course awesome yoshi as always.

Vibe- good job taking me out of singles, gotta learn that Marth MU more for sure, hope to fight you again someday. if you ever use wi-fi or something let me know, I could always use some practice

San- although we never really got to talk the friendlies you did with me helped out A LOT and I mean a lot , all the punishing you did made me rethink my approach style towards the actual singles tourney. all I gotta say is that Ike was really impressive man, everything I heard was true.
Cura- of course how could I forget about you, if it wasn't for you this golden opportunity would not have been mine. thanks for hosting the tournament, and nice job in the matches that I saw you play wish I could have seen more though.
Beta- we never really got to do friendlies since you were doing Melee and I was in Brawl but thanks for the support man. that marth is too good

alt- thanks for doing all the work you did , I can't Imagine how hard it was

Andy-good games against that MK, got a feeling next time we meet it will be even harder to beat.

thanks to everyone else for attending and I hope we do it again real soon, this was my first but no way I'm gonna stop here! hope to see everyone again soon

R.I.P Bry

Kenrawr

Smash Master
1. PikaPika! (Pikachu) 95$ - Hooray pika dittos.
1. San (Ike) 95$ - So intimidating
3. KingToon (Toonlink) 23$ - :(
4. TUSM (D3) - 4th!
5. K-9 (Snake) - :pikachu2:
5. EBO (D3) - GJ on 5th.
7. Cura (ICs/mk) - Fun matches. Secondary vs. Secondary. Good to see you again.
7. JamesG (Lucario) - Ouch @ doubles bracket
9. Dotcom (Olimar) - Your trash talk was so refreshing from all the "*****".
9. Kid Goggles (Sonic) - Hey you used falco! I guess I could use pika next time. lol
9. Vibe (Marth) - Nice marth. Dolphin slash da bess.
13. Sharky (Yoshi) - Scared me.
13. KayLo! (Pikahu) - :( stop choking.

alt - nice seein you again. Step up your seeding game though!

Booooo. I had to play the two people I was afraid of in doubles and singles. 0-2 with both KT and San now :urg:

R.I.P. bry

Why is it that one small section of New York has to go up against the entire state of PA? Realistically, you guys will refuse to do an all out NY vs PA crew battle because NY is a far superior to PA when ALL top players are factored in. It's kind of a weak minded approach, but I'm still down for the crew battle under these terms. And by other top players, I'm referring to players such as Snakeee, who isn't actually from WNY but is active in its scene. But how dare we go beyond the depths of WNY when you're putting your entire state against us, right? :p
Because all of NY didn't have beef. Just WNY did. PA is trying to show you that you guys aren't really that good.

Didn't KT 3-0 Snakee the week before this anyway?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Id like to note. Thats its not considered wny. Its upstate. Which consists of Western NY, Central NY, and little bit of Eastern. So lets not just call it WNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom