• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was about to say that. Players like myself, Matt and 1337 are CNY players. I was just saying WNY to prevent confusion.

And alright, fair enough, you are targeting us upstate New Yorkers because you think "we got beef."

I don't really keep track of tournaments, so I wasn't aware that Snakeee lost to KT. It doesn't matter though, he will still contribute greatly in the crew battle. We have other players on the down low like Jesse and XXX that would probably be more than happy to participate in this and are a force to be reckoned win if they put the necessary amount of time & practice into the game.

Ready when you guys are.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Why is it that one small section of New York has to go up against the entire state of PA? Realistically, you guys will refuse to do an all out NY vs PA crew battle because NY is a far superior to PA when ALL top players are factored in. It's kind of a weak minded approach, but I'm still down for the crew battle under these terms. And by other top players, I'm referring to players such as Snakeee, who isn't actually from WNY but is active in its scene. But how dare we go beyond the depths of WNY when you're putting your entire state against us, right? :p
All of PA? lmfao. I could walk to every single person's house that came to this. realistically our best players are all within a short bus ride of each other? EVERY good PA player lives in Philly.

Shout outs:
San - When U took the first match i was htinking of counter picks already, if I knew ANY better i would NOT have picked Delfino gg's.

PikaPika = Didn't know you were a funny guy too lol. Maybe i'll actually get to play you next time.

Cura - GG's. I got a little gayed first match, but you won the sit. MAD legit. and OF COURSE you would love the Oli matchup, it's fricken climbers haha. But i'm down to give in another try.

JamesG - good lucario nice matches.

KidGoggles - thanks for the ride, and making me look like an ******* for trying to get in the trunk.

1337 - good games yo. That ness is nice!

Acton - Work on your falco, you have potential.

uhhh... to that MetaKnight I beat with Sheik on rainbow cruise . GET *****!

Angel - funniest dude the whole time. your maaaaaad cool, besides a little d*ck loving haha. "I mean i probably say **** a whole lot, but **** I gotta KID!"

I had a good time. And made 20$ so i'm not toooo upset. The d*ck got kind of old reeallllllllllllll fast, but it was still a fun tourney. Hopefully see you soon.

Foy

Smash Champion
Anyone from Pa who got upset about this should just come back and bring there A game and show us up. Instead of *****ing about a phallic word.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
*sigh* Were trying to be cool about it. Honestly no one had johns, or anything negative about the tourney cuz it was mad fun. But we seriously sat and watched as a room full of men yelled **** non stop.
Someone even said my trash talk wasn't funny, even though I'm certain more people were laughing at me than were laughing at him. The only reason we get defensive is when you guys say stuff like PA is mad salty and stuff like that, but the only people that were trash talking were pretty bad in all honesty. :/

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
nah I'm pretty sure it wasn't your setup, seeing as it was a wii lol. For anyone reading this, they were two games, first was yoshi vs snake on BF, second was ROB vs Wario on Frigate Orpheon.
It wasn't BF, it was PS1.

altairian

Smash Lord
Rule #1 of posting in any upstate NY thread: Never take anything Foy says seriously. Ever. ;D

Alright so wall-of-text time.

This was the most fun I've ever had at a tournament. I'm really happy that PA came out and gave us some incredibly exciting matches to watch and between angel and dotcom got the entire crowd super hyped for all of the brawl finals. I hope you guys (and I mean NY and PA here) aren't taking any trash talk too seriously in this thread though, keep it fun! I agree with Cura that a crew battle would be great but putting huge stakes on it is silly. I'd also like to point out that Dotcom said he could pretty much walk to the house of every good player in PA, in order for any of us to get to the house of another good player in our state it typically involves a 1-3 hour drive. This is the reason our region lacks the depth of yours, it's simply more expensive for us to get together and play.

Anyways, about the brawl singles bracket, some people may have noticed it was slightly, well, ****ed up. That was totally my fault, when I went to add another player to the bracket after Cura finished creating it, I did it the wrong way and the program deleted the old bracket as soon as I added him with no way to recover it. So I had to remake the whole bracket while Cura was playing dubs grand finals and it led to a lot of confusion for people who had already started playing their matches. So again if you had any complaints about your bracket, it was my fault and I do apologize, the bracket Cura made up was pretty **** good but with 35 entrants there was just no way for me to recreate it =\

On to shoutouts!

1. PikaPika! - Most clutch win ever. How more people aren't talking about it I really don't understand. Your patience is amazing, even with 10 seconds left and down in % you waited for an opening and took advantage. Really impressive ;D

1. San - The fact that you're even better now than you were when I first met you is incredible. Keep up the hard work and keep going to big tournaments, I know we're gonna see you taking top 5 spots at MLG in the future.

3. KingToon - I don't care what rank you are on a PR, your TL is beast and I have a feeling next time you play pikapika and san they're going to need to step up their game to win again.

4. TUSM - Amazing performance man, you've gotten a lot better since I last saw you play. I should actually play some friendlies with you next time :p

5. K-9 - Stop whining about your bracket! XD

5. EBO - Great job in dubs, gotta watch out for that shield break though XD

7. Cura - way to get tired after dubs finals, you definitely could've placed higher. Thanks for letting me help out TO'ing, I had a lot of fun!

7. JamesG - Your lucario is so hard to fight, even when I know what's coming I still can't get around it. Don't feel locked in to one character though, there's nothing wrong with secondaries to cover your bad MU's!

9. Dotcom - Thanks for bringing the trash talk that PA is so famous for! Hope you guys come out again, those were the most hype matches we've ever had

9. Kid Goggles - I feel like you need to stick to 1-2 characters and really master them. You've gotten so good and you can definitely place better

9. Azeal - Really impressive! You hardly get to come to tourneys but you still placed top 10, I can tell you've been working hard. I hope you can keep making it out to events!

9. Vibe - Psh, stop running in to fsmashes. Also marth is gay.

13. L-Don - bcb said you've gotten a lot better and he was right. Our dubs set was so much fun, I hope to play you guys again next time!

13. Sharky - Stop playing a bad character. Even I can come close to beating your yoshi, that should tell you something! :p

13. KayLo! - Good seeing you again! Hope you guys can make it out to more of our tourneys, and let us know when big tourneys are happening in your area too!

13. VFXM - Your mario is mad good, keep coming to tourneys and I think Boss may have some competition ;D

17. 1337-0 - You're such a good dubs partner, I'm sorry I let you down in our last game. I should have gotten some warmup games in right before dubs started =\

17. Mako - Honestly didn't get to see you play =( Good placing though and hopefully I'll see you at a smashfest sometime

17. Woomph - Thanks for being so patient, it seemed like you had to wait around a LOT for your matches. It helped a lot that you kept checking in with me so you could play your matches ASAP though, people like you are what keep tourneys running smoothly.

17. bcb - Fun dubs set! I was really worried you guys had us. Kick school's *** next year so you can come out to more tourneys!

17. Tommy Greenshirt - Thanks for coming out! You're pretty close to syracuse you and your friends should come to cura's smashfests sometimes!

17. KG - Was this your first tournament? Good job!

17. DEZ - Like I said to Tommy, come to fests! More experience and all of you binghamton guys will be destroying kids for sure.

17. Crump - What I said to the other guys >_> lol I didn't get a chance to talk to you really, but it's great to see new faces at tourneys and I hope you had a good time!

25. Acton - Sorry about the bracket, I know yours ended up messed up pretty bad. Don't sweat all the PR stuff so much though, have fun and play hard and people will recognize that!

25. Scotty - The bracket buster! ;D lol glad you entered and sorry you guys didn't get to play in dubs, it's good to see you coming to stuff again!

25. Spud - Sorry you ended up playing your friend! =(

25. Maxys - Hope you had a good time and yeah all the stuff I said to the other binghamton guys applies to you too!

25. Ben10 - You got the honor of playing san first round ;D Keep playing and I'm sure you'll improve fast!

25. CMP - I...honestly cannot remember who you were =( I think you were with the binghamton guys and if so, come to fests too!

25. Frostbite - Good seeing you again, I think I've only ever played against you in dubs, we should fix that sometime

25. Beta - Psh marth players....lol you're getting good at brawl really fast, our dubs set was crazy fun, next time will be different though! ;D

33. O.M.R. - Sorry about your bracket, you should never have to play leet unless you both make it super far in the bracket, I'll be sure to watch out for that next time. I'm not sure I've ever said this before but you're definitely the coolest dad ever, thanks so much for helping our community grow and get stronger!

33. Nightro - Hmm...marth? probably needs more random fsmashes and you'll get top 10 np ;)

Everyone I missed (melee peoples!) - no offense but I'm just tired of typing and there's still a lot of people left lol. I hope that everyone had fun, weekends like this one are why I love smash and even though I'm planning on "retiring" from competitive play after this event, I still want to keep playing with you all and drive crazy numbers of hours just to hang out and play video games!

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
ok this is just getting irritating no one in pa was mad until you all started to act like anyone besides san and pika did something they are the only two people who didnt talk **** and were respectable about there wins. the rest of you however are acting like clowns over other peoples wins.

And as for the crew battle you are out of your minds if you think you can win it

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah alt, I think I'm picking up Meta Knight to help me out against a couple of characters, specifically Marth and D3, but moreso for Marth.

I eventually try to ditto some of the better MK players like Cura and Pika if I don't find my way around some ****, but they have other characters aside from Meta, so it may just be a waste of time.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
1. PikaPika! - Most clutch win ever. How more people aren't talking about it I really don't understand. Your patience is amazing, even with 10 seconds left and down in % you waited for an opening and took advantage. Really impressive ;D
apparently the thunder didn't even hit KT. he was just dumb and kept DI'ing right without thinking and SD'd. wompwompwomp

who knows tho there was still 3 seconds on the clock so maybe he coulda gotten another thunder off anyway

PP!, you jumped on my barefoot when you won ya jerk! :(

5. K-9 - Stop whining about your bracket! XD
! I was talking about the whole bracket! PP! and San on the same side? 3/4 PA people in the same QF's bracket? D=

In the end everyone looks like they placed how they shoulda for the most part so I've got nothing else to say =p

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
thanks alt and someday (with a lot of practice) I might be a challenge for him haha but right now I just wanna get my name out there, even if it's just CNY =)

x13mako

Smash Ace
Alt said:
17. Mako - Honestly didn't get to see you play =( Good placing though and hopefully I'll see you at a smashfest sometime
1. Probably a good thing; I was a moron in my first match (I'm not trying to be hard on KG or anything, he did fine) and did a lot of really dumb stuff in the others.
2. Thanks.
3. The pre-SS3 fest on Friday we both went to, but I do want to play you in non dubs sometime.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Lol game loss and a smack in the mouth from angel.
and as such I'm wanting to come to upst ny less and less

just doesn't seem very welcoming for oos

I'm not paying $30 and spending 8 hours traveling to hear the word **** and be yelled at for hours

so unhospitable...

altairian

Smash Lord
and as such I'm wanting to come to upst ny less and less

just doesn't seem very welcoming for oos

I'm not paying $30 and spending 8 hours traveling to hear the word **** and be yelled at for hours

so unhospitable...
Ask the people that went if they had fun or not. Passing judgment based on a youtube video is awfully silly.

If you travel OOS you should expect to have people cheering against you! ;)

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Ask the people that went if they had fun or not. Passing judgment based on a youtube video is awfully silly.

If you travel OOS you should expect to have people cheering against you! ;)
Mad difference between cheering against you, and people yelling **** for two hours then getting angry and defensive if you mention the fact they're not very good at the game son. But nonetheless I had fun, I mean I looooooooove trash talk so I was able to put up with it though it was literally me agains a room on dudes saying **** alot.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Chibo thats just the way upstate NY is. While we encourage people to come out to our tournaments, if you cant handle trash talking than you probably shouldn't come because even if you win against us, trash talking is going to happen on an extreme level. Rather you find it annoying or rude its just the way it is. Alot of trash talking was repeated other than the word ****. Such as "Hes out of time" "This kids so bad" Etc. **** stands out because angel was louder than anyone else there. Thats about it.

However i will agree that the trash talking should stop now. The tournament is over, we shouldnt continue insulting each other when theres really no purpose. It fun while matches are going on but now trash talking is just coming out due to people being butt hurt or salty. So lets just tone it down and im talking to both regions please.

Id also like to note to ebo. I was extremely respectful the whole time. Lol in all honesty i was probably the only person from Upstate that didnt talk and trash. I shook hands, slaped it up, etc after every match. Congratulated people during and after each match Lol. So i am kinda offended by what you said.

And as far as pikapika and san being the only 2 people that did dmg, Id like to think i did my share. Maybe not in singles but i dont think anyone else beside me teaming with san would have won. Not to mention broke your shield like what, 5 times? I dont think its fair for you to call out a whole region on trash talk or being disrespectful without taking into consideration all the players. Im pretty sure you can ask anyone from your group that came that i was extremely nice and i didnt trash talk at all Lol.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Cura was mad cool, chill, and he was nice as **** the whole time. Big ups to him for running the thing and providing me with a good time I <3 that guy.
Imma see you at Apex son?

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I didn't really trash talk either. I don't even do anything at tournies. I just sit in a chair without saying anything and play when my match comes up. I didn't say anything during the pika vs kt set either. I simply clapped when Neil was victorious. I praised both dotcom and kingtoon when they beat me in money matches and shook their hands. I also respected every other player from PA.

I've only been talking since the crew battle was brought up because I'm interested and I think we can win it. That's not really trash talk, though, lol.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Probably not, Have to much going on in august, Vegas/Canada/Friends coming up to visit.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
PA also contributed to everyone getting excited for matches where good players from each region played each other, especially with shenanigans from everyone when someone won. I believe both sides acted around the same way to each other, lol.

We all knew that it was just hype talk anyways, and multiple people including Angel (who was the loudest in the vid) thanked PA for coming, especially since this was something like a memorial tournament for us. I think everyone was just in the moment and excited over some of the more lulzy matches.

I don't usually people down or bash players/be a hater but I do support our players and play along with the excitement in hyped matches. Saw similar things in Texas and both MLGs I went to, because of hyped matches.

x13mako

Smash Ace
We all knew that it was just hype talk anyways, and multiple people including Angel (who was the loudest in the vid) thanked PA for coming, especially since this was something like a memorial tournament for us. I think everyone was just in the moment and excited over some of the more lulzy matches.
What video? I can't find it.

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
I didn't trash talk at all lol, just played my matches said ggs shook hands (in some cases punch) but yeah I was one of the more quiet ones along with James =P

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Chibo- PA, especially that one cool guy who I think is awesome, I forgot his name...They were trashtalking just as hard. Those matches didn't get recorded so it makes us look like *******s. Ask your crew though, and especially that one guy. His trash talk was unbelievably annoying and frustrating (Which makes it good don't get me wrong.)

Yeah, it really was equal on both sides until your guys started losing. And, when we were losing, we were getting it HARD.

"Why y'all so quiet? Where's NY at now? You can only talk if you're winning?"

They took Neil's Pikachu doll and *** ****ed it with a sensor bar. Like, they literally took the sensor bar and started shoving it up Pikachu's ***. LMAO

And perhaps the best trashtalk of the day came from that guy from PA, who, when PikaPika! Was losing horribly was saying, "I believe in you Neil, you can do it! C'mon NY, help me out! Let's go Neil, you got this!"

And we were all silent because he was losing. That was some trashtalk right there.

So Chibo in short I'm saying that video you saw was no joke, that's how it really is in WNY and we usually have other ppl who didn't show up trashtalking too. But PA had their own trashtalk which was just as annoying as ours, seriously. You can even ask that one guy.

Oh your name is dotcom...Dotcom, no one was ever angry from the trashtalk, from our side or yours. What are you referring to?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Trash talking is awesome, I encourage it. But yelling **** right behind me the entire match?

When trash talk really starts to distract people from the match and stuff is when it crosses the line imo. Use it to build up the hype, keep region pride up, etc. But yelling **** right next to me hoping to mess me up or something? Bad form. And if I pause and tell him to shutup cause it's effecting me like that saying I'll get DQ'd and smacked? ...

PA trash talks A LOT, but they also know when to chill when they need to, I've kept em in line at my tourneys lol.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's the first time it was actually this loud here in tourney. Usually grand finals ends with golf claps.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
It just seems that people were upset from the stuff I was saying, and it makes me look like the bad guy because people were thinking I was trynna hurt them or something.

I mean there were MANY times, where we all laughed at the trash talk, We ALL were laughing at like 5 A.M. because ANgel yelled I give out the D*CK and I got U-Aired by San lol. Even during the PikaPika match i had to stop and laugh cuz it was pretty funny sometimes.

At the end of the day... it's all love for the game <3 NYS you guys are made dope. And we had a great time up there. R.I.P. Bry too. I hope you guys can come down if we do something big soon.

PA trash talks A LOT, but they also know when to chill when they need to, I've kept em in line at my tourneys lol.
lol....

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah, Chibo I think it's opinion. I mean like I said your guys were really good at trashtalk to, just like Angel. But, I do see what you're saying. It can get very extreme. If anyone reading this ever seriously wants the trashtalk to stop for a match or so, let me know and we'll make sure it stays quiet, or at least no trashtalk.

Dotcom- No one was angry. I thought you said you never took it personal? We definitely don't, don't EVER EVER take any trashtalk from us personally no matter how bad it gets. If you feel it's getting personal let us know and we'll stop.

Also dotcom...LMFAO @ you saying...lol to chibo. Hahahaha

props, love and respect my man

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Also everyone that got trashtalked from PA, I personally shook their hands after every one of their matches letting them know that they are extremely good players, and I respect them a lot.

Also, I'm looking for that video of the trashtalk...Please please please don't tell me it got taken down. Link anyone?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Thanks Vex. Just read the comments on that. I don't know who those users are, but don't take them seriously.

You guys told us that your top players weren't there, so anyone in the comments saying otherwise is ********.

Can't wait to see how we do vs your top players, I'm getting back into Brawl so I'm excited as well.

I just think whoever's posting all those youtube comments are annoying because, I think...How would I feel if I came with our average players to an OOS, and when we told them our top players weren't there it was ignored...Annoying.

I definitely understand that PA is solid as **** and anyone else reading this should as well.

altairian

Smash Lord
Guys, chibo just finds ***** distracting. It's perfectly natural for some people, being in a room with a bunch of guys must be tough for him to stay focused as is. Try to be more understanding!

Chibo I've got your back. I'll make sure nobody distracts you by talking about ***** while you're playing smash.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Thanks Vex. Just read the comments on that. I don't know who those users are, but don't take them seriously.

You guys told us that your top players weren't there, so anyone in the comments saying otherwise is ********.

Can't wait to see how we do vs your top players, I'm getting back into Brawl so I'm excited as well.

I just think whoever's posting all those youtube comments are annoying because, I think...How would I feel if I came with our average players to an OOS, and when we told them our top players weren't there it was ignored...Annoying.

I definitely understand that PA is solid as **** and anyone else reading this should as well.
Apparently it's angel and bluepeachy, but whatever.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Alright well trust me man Angel's just got a lot of regional pride, I guarantee you all would get along with him really well. He loves the game just like we do, he just has a different way of showing it haha. I'll talk with him though.

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
cura my bad i'll giv you respect to you didnt say anyinthing i just forgot to mention you my bad dude, and like i said we didnt care about the trash talk while we were there we are kinda used to that **** its just the scrub players acting like they did something when it was only 2 or 3 players that actually did anything and talking **** on sb and youtube.

and yea i had alot of fun at the tourny it was ran great and it was cool meeting new people just frustrating when i get home and where i should see props for getting 2nd in dubs and 5th in singles all i see is crap about getting my sheild broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom