• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
has anyone even seen a 3G stream?

streaming from camera phones are horrible. they're allowed but the quality will be so damn poor that you'll want to tune out.

if you were to tether or had a 3G data plan, well good luck, I haven't seen a good 3G stream in awhile because 3G upload speeds are slow. coupled with the fact that 3G has data congestion, and well... yeah.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
in an turn of events i will be taking the train to this tomm. Can I arrange a ride? plank can i give you a call/text mid day to arrange something.(i will be coming after work in the evening)

i love tournaments with no livestream haha

makes it feel a lot cooler to see all the amazing stuff
hell yes

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
has anyone even seen a 3G stream?

streaming from camera phones are horrible. they're allowed but the quality will be so damn poor that you'll want to tune out.

if you were to tether or had a 3G data plan, well good luck, I haven't seen a good 3G stream in awhile because 3G upload speeds are slow. coupled with the fact that 3G has data congestion, and well... yeah.
I remember hella ppl watched the "stream" at rom3. there was no video tho lol. PPl get desperate for they smash.

rhan

Smash Hero
V-man said something about having a network card so that his laptop will be able to produce satilite internet.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
um... produce satellite internet?

wat

and yeah audio streams are awesome and definitely work. but if everyone's talking about video, enjoy your 1-frame-per-3-second video

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
which pool has 3 nc in the same pool? and why is tope from VA and xif from georgia a big deal? rofl

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Pool 4

Armada
Bl@ck Chris
Blindghost
Foxy
Moophobia

foxy, moophobia, and black chris are all NC.

also there are 2 pools that have 2 NC people in them each if you wanna be nice

Pool 5

Darksyde
Flow
KirbyKaze
Rayku
Sneak8288

has Darksyde and Sneak. both from NC. and

Pool 16

Dr. PP
Hey_It's_Yo
Lanceinthepants
Smith

PP and Smith are good friends and play a lot too so its kinda lame they're in the same pool, but I doubt they really care lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Okay, so here is the plan, I went over how VG is recording today.

VG honestly can't split out to a livestream anyways, because that would require an extra capture card. They will be recording in full quality and be uploading the matches (Bionic and Chibo should be assisting) ASAP. These matches will be recorded with commentary. As far as Brawl goes, the commentating team will be hand picked by EE and myself.

In terms of a video stream, it won't be possible. What I will do, however, is configure my new Tio thanks to nealdt to automatically post EVERY RESULT AND BRACKET IMAGE onto twitter automatically. I am getting ready to test this feature now.

However, what I may do, for the final rounds of Brawl is setup an audio stream on my justin.tv channel. I can run the mic next to the one being used for recording as a secondary livestreamed mic so that everyone can hear the action but won't be able to see it. I honestly think this is worth it because honestly, if you wanted to see it for yourself, you'd be here, heh. You'll be able to see it, just not right away. But you can still feel the hype with us via an audio stream for the final rounds.

GIMR/Aposl if you have any qualms with this please let me know ASAP. I will do this for brawl btw, i can't promise it for melee. But just stay tuned to my twitter and you should get everything that is going on.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
its just hard cuz there are a ton of people from nc coming. if i move people from one pool it makes another pool conflict. all the while i have to worry about keeping skill a factor too. i can change something if its really horrible, but when ur just kind of a 3rd party complaining i dont really respect the complaint. if a player themself messages me im more apt to change things tho if its legit

stingers

Smash Obsessed
good **** @ tant. thanks for doing all this for us who couldn't make it =] <3 you

@plank: wtf Im trolling about NC being in the same pools? jesus christ...I could switch them around in 5 seconds, do you want me to handle it for you?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i also misread ur post and didnt see the THREE people being in one pool, def fixing that one

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@plank: wtf Im trolling about NC being in the same pools? jesus christ...I could switch them around in 5 seconds, do you want me to handle it for you?
he didn't say the word troll at all. lmao.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
splitters run the signal weaker to the TV, which then the players won't want to play on, so it creates an issue.

But uh yeah I just gave the final updated pools to bionic so he can put them on VG's site.

THere were a few changes from my last post. Those changes are:

Pikapika was flipped with Gunblade
Razmakazi was flipped with Iliad
Artemis was flipped with Phiddlesticks

If you're not sure about what I mean, just check it out on VG's site when bionic is finished, www.vgbootcamp.com

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Will we be able to just go down and play whenever we want? Cause I don't want to go in to my pool without at least a little practice first.

I feel like a scrub asking questions, lol.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Record these matches!

lord hdl vs uuaa
noobking vs lunguini
nando vs fullmetal

The most hype that you don't already have on the recording schedule.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'm recording any fights on my setup in my pool btw, so even if VGBootcamp doesn't record HDL vs. UUAA they'll go up unless they refuse to fight on my tv lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom