• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Takes more than one to make a League: Other Pokemon Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
im still saying team rocket
Golbat and Raticate are musts, in the original pokemon games the pokemon used by team rocket(discluding Giovanni) are
rattata
Ratticate
zubat
Golbat
Koffing
Weezing
Ekans
Arbok
Meowth
Grimer
Machop
Drowzee

so take your pick on 3rd spot, you can swap Ratticate with Meowth if need be, but golbat belongs, a faster pokemon who isn't quite as strong and fights with strategy who can fly belongs in smash. You could do Machamp, although they technically never used him.

Edit: I screwed up they also used Sandshrew and Sandslash, I could see sand slash fitting, flying, normal, ground sounds like a good mix.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
A team rocket trainer has to have Meowth. I wouldn't mind Arbok & Weezing either.

Meowth could fight on his own though without a trainer.

:phone:

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
A team rocket trainer has to have Meowth. I wouldn't mind Arbok & Weezing either.

Meowth could fight on his own though without a trainer.

Well seeing how this isn't the anime, Meowth isn't exactly a must. The team should reflect a Rocket Grunt, not exactly Jessie and James. Problem with Weezing is he would be super awkward, i mean he has no arms and he floats... try making a moveset for that. Arbok would work better then people think though. Im still sticking to Golbat-Ratticate-Sandslash

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's fine idc. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, & Pichu only got popular because of the anime. Clefairy was originally suppose to be the mascot for pokemon, not pikachu.

I haven't been dedicated to pokemon since Gold, Silver, & Crystal. So I really don't care about what new characters are added. A rocket trainer would add the villainous side of pokemon, though I still prefer the anti-hero Mewtwo.

I could totally make a moveset for Weezing. :p But my laptop is broken.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I still hold on to the opinion that another trainer could replace the current one except charizard we keep him since he's one of the most popular pokemon....ever
this way we can share the love to other gens
Zoroark has 5th gen covered
and if lucario stays (i doubt it because like roy he was just advertising) he's got 4th gen
so the obvious choice is 3rd gen
Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken

Newguyoo0

Smash Cadet
I don't Team Rocket has much of a shot of being in Smash 4. Arbok and Weezing moveset sonund pretty complicated. I guess Weezings normal attacks can be gas-based and his smash attacks can be just more powerful versions with more range.

Coming up with specials is pretty easy, his standard B can Sludge Bomb and it has a chance of poisoning its target and accumulate damage over time.

Side B can be Toxic. Wezzing sets a trap on the field and when the opponent steps in it he becomes ''badly'' poisoned lasting longer than being regularly poisoned. If Weezing manages to hit a opponent directly with Toxic the move becomes a adhesive slowing the opponent down and hampering their jumping.

Up B can be Self-destruct. Weezing will continue to float up and after a while he'll eventually explode.

And of course Down B is Switch.

I kind of figured Weezing would be a status/keep-away fighter. His normals are kind of weak and lack range.
Being made of gas is a double-edged sword for Weezing. He's very light, so he's easy to KO. But he gets multiple jumps like Kirby or Jigglypuff. But if the player holds the jump button Weezing can float like Peach giving him very good mobility.

This is a rough outline. Feel free to come up with some moves of your own and a Final Smash, cuz I got nothing.

Newguyoo0

Smash Cadet
Alrighty then, let's keep things moving.

Johto/Ethan/Lyra/Kris had 1 vote on the record and 2 off the record for a total of 3.

Next is Hoenn/Brenden/May, Show of hands! *raises hand*

C'mon folks, who likez their Mudkipz? or however the meme goes...

I want Grovyle so I say yes.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I think with Ruby & Sapphire being the next in line for a remake it could be possible that a Hoenn trainer will replace the Kanto trainer. It is almost unanimous that the Hoenn pokemon will be Mudkip, Grovyle, & Blaziken.

@Newguyoo0

Have u started the voting? I already posted which pokemon from each gen I would prefer on an earlier post. As for trainers, I don't really care which ones they choose.

Like I said before, the other gender could be an alternate costume & the alternate pokemon could be dress-up for a pokemon contest.

Newguyoo0

Smash Cadet
This isn't official or anything. If someone wants to make it official by all means go ahead. This just a way to see where everyone stands as to what PT would be the most welcome in Smash 4.

I saw your previous post. You wanted Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken. Same here. But that didn't really explain which PT you wanted the most. Unless that was in the order you wanted them in? In which case you want Red/Leaf the most, follwed by Ethan/Lyra, Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, Hilbert/Hilda.
But since this isn't a "I want Red for Smash 4 thread" he has to be ommited (I think). So Ethan/Kris/Lyra has to be your number 1.

But let's make things easier. Let's just list your favorite trainer from best to worst and after about 5 days we can worry about what pokemon the give the winner. It's kind of agreed that that female protagonist will be an alternate color for the male protagonist, right?

I'll go first:
Best: Brendan/May
Lucas/Dawn
Hilbert/Hilda
Red/Leaf
Ethan/Lyra/Kris
Worst:Kyouhei/Mei

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Okay.My views on this are
1.I think Pokemon has more than enough representation already in the series including Jigglypuff,Pikachu,Pichu,Mewtwo,Lucario,and the Pokemon trainer plus all the poke balls.
2.That doesn't mean I don't have an idea for this though, there are what?like 6 different costumes now?Why not make each one different?
3.Why does everyone want to make the fire type highest evolved?

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'll list my pokemon starters from best to worst.

Johto
Hoenn
Unova
Sinnoh

I had a hard time choosing between Johto & Hoenn.

I don't understand why they developed two separate Black & White sequels, when they could've made Pokemon Grey; a combined sequel like the rest of the series.

If somehow all 5 get in, two trainers should start as females & the males be the alts.

jigglover

Smash Lord
PT will probably be cut, there is a lot more competition for spots surrounding the hoenn remakes, mainly Plusle and Minun, and most other regions will be largely irrelevant by the time they're released. They'll also cut Lucario so mewtwo can replace him, and Plusle and Minun replace PT so there is no need arguing this point as it is practically ground in stone right now...

superme92

Smash Rookie
There's actually two new trainers in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

But if we were to get another trainer (which I doubt), I think we should get a specific opposing character such as N or Cynthia.

I think for N, he should have the legendary dragon with him.. but how do they choose whether he gets Reshiram or Zekrom? Or maybe he could have both...? And switch between? Or maybe he does have both, but you can't switch between them, and only select which one you want to play as at the select screen.
Resh or Zek could be his fs

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
PT will probably be cut, there is a lot more competition for spots surrounding the hoenn remakes, mainly Plusle and Minun, and most other regions will be largely irrelevant by the time they're released. They'll also cut Lucario so mewtwo can replace him, and Plusle and Minun replace PT so there is no need arguing this point as it is practically ground in stone right now...
If Plusle and Minun make the game I will honestly buy a second disk just to burn it. They didn't belong in any of the games let alone a cross over. Other then Team Rocket, Zororak, Mewtwo, Blue(gary), and a different pt with starters from a different generation(s). No one else has a shot. And TR really doesn't either i just like him. But still, the day Plusle and Minun make smash bros as anything more then a pokeball or assist trophy is the day hell freezes over. i have no idea why you think they are prime competitors for a spot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Plusle and Minun make the game I will honestly buy a second disk just to burn it. They didn't belong in any of the games let alone a cross over. Other then Team Rocket, Zororak, Mewtwo, Blue(gary), and a different pt with starters from a different generation(s). No one else has a shot. And TR really doesn't either i just like him. But still, the day Plusle and Minun make smash bros as anything more then a pokeball or assist trophy is the day hell freezes over. i have no idea why you think they are prime competitors for a spot.
To be fair, Genesect also could have a shot. Or Chandelure in the very off chance that we have a Jigglypuff situation seeing as it is the most popular of Gen V in Japan, but other than that, I think you covered everything.

D

Deleted member

Ace Trainer with Dunsparce, Dunsparce, and Dunsparce. :troll:

No but seriously, I'm game to have a Johto Trainer.
Specifically it it's like this:

I'd loves me some Feraligatr in mah Smash.

D

Deleted member

You DARE denounce the sacredness of Dunsparce and Dunsparce?! YOU SHALL PERISH IN HE-
Jk.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
You DARE denounce the sacredness of Dunsparce and Dunsparce?! YOU SHALL PERISH IN HE-
Jk.
Idk dunsparce can be awesome when he wants to, just imagine, you're on a roll and suddenly and the stamina effect pops in, so you switch out to dunsparce, the roll continues. The change to bidoof and stunfisk acts more of a nerf

jigglover

Smash Lord
So... Pikachu doesn't have a shot in SSB4... interesting, I wonder who the new star of the pokemon series is? -_-
They are some of the most popular Pokemon in the history of it. People love the mechanics they introduced, and since there is going to be a gen 3 remake before SSB4 is released, they're probably going to represent it. PT, if he gets in, would face problems due to being really unpopular in SSBB, and it would have to be the gen 6 trainer (or gen 5, they're basically the same.) You love Plusle and Minun don't you, was it you that did this to them?
http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10...http://www.deviantart.com/download/9365241/Pl

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So... Pikachu doesn't have a shot in SSB4... interesting, I wonder who the new star of the pokemon series is? -_-
They are some of the most popular Pokemon in the history of it. People love the mechanics they introduced, and since there is going to be a gen 3 remake before SSB4 is released, they're probably going to represent it. PT, if he gets in, would face problems due to being really unpopular in SSBB, and it would have to be the gen 6 trainer (or gen 5, they're basically the same.) You love Plusle and Minun don't you, was it you that did this to them?
http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10...http://www.deviantart.com/download/9365241/Pl
I don't think PT was really unpopular in Brawl, at least, amongst casuals. Who doesn't want to play as Squirtle and Charizard? Ohhh, and Ivysaur of coarse. Everybody loves them some Ivysaur. :smirk:

Besides, they could have 2 versions of Pokemon Trainers easily. Call the trainer we had in Brawl "Classic" Pokemon Trainer for example (but still make the announcer say: Pokemon Trainer when selecting him) and have another Trainer alongside it in there. I'd prefer it NOT being a 5th gen trainer really, cause... Well, I don't like any of the possible options.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
They are some of the most popular Pokemon in the history of it. People love the mechanics they introduced, and since there is going to be a gen 3 remake before SSB4 is released, they're probably going to represent it.
I'm giving Ridley a chance of 4.65 and a want of 4.35, he has a lot of potential, but Nintendo will probably make him into a clone of charizard. Still, that would be OK since charizard won't be playable in SSB4 anyway. Well, he might, but that is pretty ulikely.
Dealing in absolutes doesn't improve your argument :/ As well, like you mentioned earlier, PKMN Trainer introduced a new and unique mechanic. The PKMN Trainer mechanic should be used and implemented in Smash through some form of trainer. I personally Love the idea.

Anyways, as for P and M, I wouldn't mind seeing them playable but I'd prefer a Hoenn Trainer much, much, much more over them.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I like the pokemon trainer mechanics too, but I think that the Pokemon trainer himself is going to get cut. I really like PT, but I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't get your hopes up since there is a lot of other pokemon characters who are:
1) More popular.
2) More potential-wielding.
3) More potential for move pools.
The list goes on. Also, go onto the Plusle and Minun thread to see how I implemented the PT mechanic (accidentally but it ends up practically the same) at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325551 .

In the famous words of diddy kong:
EVERYBODY LOVES SOME IVYSAUR!
And in the words of me:
I LOVE HIM MORE!

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
*Massive Face Palm* I only mentioned newcomers and mewtwo... And no Plusle and Minun Are honestly on my list of most hated pokemon right behind cottonee and Jynx. Also I see no point in remaking Ruby/Sapphire. I was under the impression the only point of the remakes was because the connection between gen 2 and 3 was severed. If I wanted to right now I could take one of my favorite pokemon in my Sapphire and trade it all the way up to Black. No need for a remake. And besides if they remade Sapphire you know Diamond and Pearl would be next... I don't see why they would stop either. PT isn't unpopular if your trying to go by tourny logic then Gannon Link and Zelda are unpopular too and should be cut. PT stays another trainer would accompany him not replace him.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
[SARCASM] Yes, having another Pokemon Trainer to compliment Pokemon Trainer sounds like a great idea. [\SARCASM]

jigglover

Smash Lord
/\ Habanero's got the right idea. Kisamefishfries, for one, you have obviously got no idea of the pokemon franchise. Since Pokemon fire-red and leaf-green, Nintendo has stated that they ARE going to create remakes each series, generatoin 6 has already happened, so Game-freak is a little behind schedule since it should have been released in gen 5, so a release date should be soon, probably around christmas time, staying en route with heartgold/soulsilver and WILL be released befpre SSB4.
I can't explain to you why you hate some of the most popular pokemon of all time, but I can explain to you that, just because you don't like them, it doesn't mean that everybody else in the whole world has to hate them too, including Sakurai. Also, the fact they were planned for Brawl shows how popular they are.
Go here to be enlightened: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325551
Anyone else who either hates/loves Plusle and Minun visit that link too and find out a lot of things surrounding their chances.

D

Deleted member

No, I'm pretty sure they were planned for Brawl to be Pichu's replacement.
Only Young Link and Pichu were deliberately cut to be replaced, which is why they have no data.

Good riddance anyway. To both Pichu and P+M.
Deoxys is where it's at for a 3rd Gen.

EDIT: And no, before you even say anything, it wasn't because Pichu was "irrelevant". It was because Pichu was a joke character, and Plusle & Minun had something unique going for them in their tag-team status (even if one had been done before).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There aren't any Pokemon more popular than Charizard. This is tru fax.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Feraligatr

Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken

Piplup, Grotle, Infernape

Snivy, Pignite, Samurott
This ^^^

The only think I would change is...

Tepig, Dewott, Serperior. (just because I think it would be interesting to have a snake-type character.)

All the others above I 100% agree with.

D

Deleted member

Not really, but you can't stoop to our level and pretend that we're the only ones that matter.

That's OUR job. :smirk:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yu Gi Oh Abridged reference for the win. That aside, when exactly DID GameFreak say that they were definitely going to remake each generation, Jigglover? That's a pretty hefty claim that I've never heard. Care to post a link?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow this thread has sprung to life ever since it got those stars.

Can anyone think of B movesets for specific starter pokemon?
I'll go ahead and make one for Mudkip

Mudkip
B- Muddy Water: Mudkip fires a moderately sized tidal wave that does light damage and pushes the opponent back similar to Issac's giant hand attack. Can only be used on the ground for pushing, becomes a 45 degree projectile in the air.
B side- Ice Ball: Mudkip freezes itself into a giant Ice ball and rolls forward. Can't change direction but has a lot of super armour.
B up- Whirlpool: Mudkip creates a tall spinning water column that boosts it upward and traps any opponent caught in it for multi hitting dammage.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
We replace Pokemon Trainer with a new trainer from any of the regions after Kanto

As for people missing Kanto Trainer Red, I have an idea for you

No

Wait

Ok

Mark, the Pokemon Card Battler​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom