• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Takes more than one to make a League: Other Pokemon Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
/\ Habanero's got the right idea. Kisamefishfries, for one, you have obviously got no idea of the pokemon franchise. Since Pokemon fire-red and leaf-green, Nintendo has stated that they ARE going to create remakes each series, generatoin 6 has already happened, so Game-freak is a little behind schedule since it should have been released in gen 5, so a release date should be soon, probably around christmas time, staying en route with heartgold/soulsilver and WILL be released befpre SSB4.
I can't explain to you why you hate some of the most popular pokemon of all time, but I can explain to you that, just because you don't like them, it doesn't mean that everybody else in the whole world has to hate them too, including Sakurai. Also, the fact they were planned for Brawl shows how popular they are.
Go here to be enlightened: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325551
Anyone else who either hates/loves Plusle and Minun visit that link too and find out a lot of things surrounding their chances.
Generation 6 already happened when was this? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_V This is generation 5 not 6.... And besides is gen6 in production? Possibly but not for a long time as gen5 games 2aren't even in NA yet... Also there is not evidence yet that remake productions of R/S are in effect, they might be, but its not official so don't act like it is and that its going to be released in the upcoming months. That I hate some of the most popular pokemon of all time? Thats garbage. They didn't even crack IGN's top 100, which was a poll where users voted and tallied up the total counts. http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon
Yeah, and I am the one who "have obviously got no idea of the pokemon franchise" <-bad grammar.
Not to mention this thread is about a second pokemon trainer. So quit spewing your Plusle Minun stuff. They weren't included in brawl for a reason you know, and it's not because they ran out of time.

Newguyoo0

Smash Cadet
Plus(le), sorry bad joke, Plusle and Minun already got their own thread. So there's no need to dash our hopes for a second/replacement PKMN Trainer.

My ideas for a starters moveset:
Snivy:
B: Leaf Storm, Snivy summons a spiraling column of leaves around it. gets weaker the longer the player holds B.

Side B: Leaf Blade, Snivy will "Coil" itself up then do a quick dash foward. The longer the player holds B the further Snivy will go, and will do more damage. If Leaf Blade is fully charged Snivy will home in on the closest fighter.

Up B: Leaf Tornado. Snivy will summon a tornado of leaves around it and they will propel it higher.

Um...my Snivy is sort of a biter with other smash veterans I relized. Leaf Storm = Ivysaur's Bullet Seed, Leaf Blade = Ike's Quick Draw and Sonic's Homing Attack, and Leaf Tornado can be compared to Link's Up B. But that's the best I got. Deal with it.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I read on the internet that black and white 2's release in Japan meant the start of gen 6. Anyway, I was just saying that any character could replace him, and I used Plusle and Minun as an example because I showed how you could implement the PT mechanic of the game into Plusle and Minun with Baton pass. Anyway... I would quite like PT in the next game, but only a gen 3 PT, since Torchic, Marshtomp and Blaziken would be awesome, and the other generatio's starters I'm a little eh about. I feel bad for gen 3, it wasn't released in time for melee and was over-shadowed by gen 4 in Brawl, so it hasn't recieved much representation in the smash bros. series.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
N surpassed every one in the vg forum SSB4 poll. You know what that means?

N Freaking Harmonia for Smash! :D

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I read on the internet that black and white 2's release in Japan meant the start of gen 6.
Don't believe wherever you read that. They're still using the same batch of Pokemon. Hence, it is still Gen V.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
N surpassed every one in the vg forum SSB4 poll. You know what that means?

N Freaking Harmonia for Smash! :D

N is someone who worries me, he is in BW2 so theres that but he doesn't have any pokemon that aren't legendary. He does but they just so happen to be whatever the pokemon in the most recent area are, very disappointing to not see N even start with yooterii and end with Stoutland. He just kept flipping. So giving him 3 pokemon to choose from would be tough. But seeing how he is one of the only trainers to appear in 2 games as an important character he has a good chance.

Also Jigglover, its true gen 3 didn't get any love but neither did gen 2. Most just lump gen 1 and 2 together but in a fact there aren't any reps from gen 2. Will gen 3 get reps? Probably not unless its like deoxysis, Which I wouldn't be a fan of because they couldn't win with him. He is either UP according to the games/anime or OP in the game. Besides gen 3 didn't have a legendary like Lucario or Zororak so it makes picking one hard. I still don't know what you see in two things that would be a mix between ice climbers and pikachu, but I don't want them. As for a gen 3 rep it should be a trainer, because the closest thing to Lucario or zororak in that gen was Metagross, while this would be awesome he would be awkward.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One way they can do "N" is to have him in the background for Zoroark. Just an idea.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Also Jigglover, its true gen 3 didn't get any love but neither did gen 2. Most just lump gen 1 and 2 together but in a fact there aren't any reps from gen 2. Will gen 3 get reps? Probably not unless its like deoxysis, Which I wouldn't be a fan of because they couldn't win with him. He is either UP according to the games/anime or OP in the game. Besides gen 3 didn't have a legendary like Lucario or Zororak so it makes picking one hard. I still don't know what you see in two things that would be a mix between ice climbers and pikachu, but I don't want them. As for a gen 3 rep it should be a trainer, because the closest thing to Lucario or zororak in that gen was Metagross, while this would be awesome he would be awkward.
Well, firstly, Lucario isn't a legendary and neither is Zoroark, just to get that out of the way.
Secondly, I know that Pichu was a joke character, but he's not in gen 1, and is in gen 2, so he could have been an excuse for a gen 2 rep. We're getting Zoroark (probably) for SSB4 for gen 5, so it only makes sense to get a gen 3 rep.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
N is someone who worries me, he is in BW2 so theres that but he doesn't have any pokemon that aren't legendary. He does but they just so happen to be whatever the pokemon in the most recent area are, very disappointing to not see N even start with yooterii and end with Stoutland. He just kept flipping. So giving him 3 pokemon to choose from would be tough. But seeing how he is one of the only trainers to appear in 2 games as an important character he has a good chance.
Considering the number of Pokemin he has, there is a vast amount of unique Pokemon he could use. Before I've heard of his BW2 appearance, I did made an idea involving in him using Carracosta, Timburr, and Darmanitan. His Final Smash would involve switiching between and playing as Reshiram or Zekrom. Then again, Zoroark, Stoutland, and few others would be considered for his team.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kliklang? Hell yeah! Fighting as a gear would be funny. I wonder how it would grab or pick up. XD

jigglover

Smash Lord
I don't picture Sandslash as a team rocket pokemon, how about slowpoke in reference to gold and silver/heartgold and soulsilver in the slowpoke well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It could trap them in between it's gears and turn them for a grab! Gear grind!
Yeah right. A perfect WTF Pokemon for Natural Gropius Harmonia to use. I'd support it over Dunsparce since it has better stats. :awesome:

@kisamefishfries No love for a grunt using Crowbat, Ratata, and Arbok? :(

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
@kisamefishfries No love for a grunt using Crowbat, Ratata, and Arbok? :(

Well ratata is far too small to be a fighter, even raticate is small, probably no bigger than olimar. I don't recall any grunt using crobat. An executive might have but im not sure, same with arbok. Besides Sandslash, raticate, and golbat were all well used pokemon in the last team rocket encounter in Pokemon Red/Blue. Besides you have flying nuetral and ground it seems like a solid team for a pokemon game. Arbok would more fit in if they were doing Jessie/James.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well ratata is far too small to be a fighter, even raticate is small, probably no bigger than olimar. I don't recall any grunt using crobat. An executive might have but im not sure, same with arbok. Besides Sandslash, raticate, and golbat were all well used pokemon in the last team rocket encounter in Pokemon Red/Blue. Besides you have flying nuetral and ground it seems like a solid team for a pokemon game. Arbok would more fit in if they were doing Jessie/James.
Rattata is as big as Pikachu in the cartoon, at least

D

Deleted member

Ratata is the same size as Pichu.
Pichu was in Melee.
Pichu is not "too small"
Ergo, Ratata is not "too small".

Also, Olimar is the size of a quarter. Ratata (and Pichu) are 1 foot tall.
Ratata is also bigger than Kirby, who is 8 inches.

Size is not an issue, especially when there are size discrepencies galore in Smash.

jigglover

Smash Lord
If they wanted to, they could make Ratata larger anyway. You seem to be forgetting that Olimar used to think that newly cut grass was trees until brawl, where he is now as big as diddy kong.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
i think you people are not picking up my game transitions for height. Thats my fault. I mean ratata would be around olimar's size in brawl. I would much rather prefer raticate over ratata though. As he would be less awkward. I find that the four legged thing doesn't translate well. Granted it has only been done with ivysaur. But raticate would be pikachu size and I feel would be better to control.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i think you people are not picking up my game transitions for height. Thats my fault. I mean ratata would be around olimar's size in brawl. I would much rather prefer raticate over ratata though. As he would be less awkward. I find that the four legged thing doesn't translate well. Granted it has only been done with ivysaur. But raticate would be pikachu size and I feel would be better to control.
Raticate is really ugly though. I doubt they'd pick him

jigglover

Smash Lord
Just for the record, size is pretty much irrelevant in smash bros. Bowser in galaxy 2, Olimar in Pikmin and Pikmin 2. That's enough evidence really. I still think that Team rocket should have a slowpoke, raticate and haunter trio.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Right, I know that i double-posted here, but we're one day short of a month since the last post...

You're forgetting the most prestigious redundant trainer created! Honestly, after I thought of him I think that he is a better way to represent gen 3 than Plusle and Minun, and he even represents the home console games. A Pokemon fan has already reduced this incredible character to two possibilities, and a logical one knows who it is. It is, of course, the one, the only: MICHAEL WES!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325861

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Pichu was in Melee.
Pichu is not "too small"
Ergo, Ratata is not "too small".

Also, Olimar is the size of a quarter. Ratata (and Pichu) are 1 foot tall.
Ratata is also bigger than Kirby, who is 8 inches.

Size is not an issue, especially when there are size discrepencies galore in Smash.
I almost feel like this comment should be stickied! Why does this argument keep coming up when it's clear that it doesn't matter?

I wouldn't mind seeing Cynthia with Garchomp, Lucario, and either Roserade or Milotic.

Would be a nice way to keep Lucario if they were thinking of giving him the boot. Also has alot of interesting Pokemon in the set.

D

Deleted member

Best trainer idea: Iris w/ Axew, some 2nd stage Dragon, and Dragonite.

Jus cause. :troll:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I would love to see a Mudkip/ Grovyle and Blaziken team but not if they cut out Squirtle/ Ivysaur and Charizard

D

Deleted member

You are aware that it's still technically another Trainer, right? It can still be talked about here.

It's like saying you can't talk about Toad in the Mario Characters thread because there's a seperate Toad thread.

peeup

Smash Lord
I'd like to see a deviation from just starter pokemon. I think it would be cool to see Prof. Oak in the fray with Tauros, Exeggutor, and Arcanine. Or maybe like an Eevee trainer where all the Eevees are like luigified clones of one another. Idk exactly what would be best, but I think it's incredibly uninspired to have another PT comprised of starters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Based on the games, N should not have any Pokémon.
If any, I'd like to see him as a fighting human character from the Pokémon games :)
Or In accordance with his "only use pokemon nearby rule" he should use Pokemon that were/are Pokeball pokemon.

Wonder if he could bring out Goldeen's inner strength?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Splat and Guybrush, these ideas of yours' would be a great way of making him a unique character since he has a crap load of amazing Pokemon anyway. It would be a waste to use of 3 of all of them.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I severely doubt another Pokémon Trainer will be added. Our current Pokémon Trainer may be amended to match another generation, but he really seems to be a special case. I'd bank on a new individual Pokémon representative(s) instead.

Consider that Sakurai said he wants to make characters more unique, rather than stuffing SSB4 with a ton of extras. If he said, "we will be continuing the cloning process," then you could 100% bet that we'd get another Pokémon Trainer. But that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom