• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TASOL 2010 - December 18, 2010 (IMPORTANT POST - CHECK THE OP!)

Curlz

Smash Lord
Alright. I've updated the OP with people who preregistered as well as the new people that singed up.
Please get this thing hype and tell everyone you know. :]

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'll probably do this later on this year. But I just want to get the transportation and things straight, because it's really the only way I'll be able to attend. If you're willing to carpool, pm me, tell where to meet you in the BR area, if you want gas money tell me how much. etc.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'll probably do this later on this year. But I just want to get the transportation and things straight, because it's really the only way I'll be able to attend. If you're willing to carpool, pm me, tell where to meet you in the BR area, if you want gas money tell me how much. etc.
You should probably get in touch with Blaine or Randall since they're the most active BR members in the area. I'm sure both of them are coming as well.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Unless something crazy comes up, I'll be attending this 100%. Need an excuse to go back and visit LA :)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh man, ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET already payed by the venue fee?

I would travel for this. No, really, I would. But I don't even have money for entry fees, so just take this as a compliment! Nice freakin thing right there.

If you'll excuse me, I'll be at Puerto Rico, land of the no-pizza-buffets-during-tourneys.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
lol

yo dawgs, i put this on my mom's calendar, and today she was looking through it. she saw this, and was like "wtf is tasol?"

i says, "its a smash tourney, yo!" and so she looks at me and was all like, ok.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Oh man, ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET already payed by the venue fee?

I would travel for this. No, really, I would. But I don't even have money for entry fees, so just take this as a compliment! Nice freakin thing right there.

If you'll excuse me, I'll be at Puerto Rico, land of the no-pizza-buffets-during-tourneys.
Help spread the word lol.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
hey guys sorry but i probably won't be able to go now my parents changed their minds. i guess it just wasn't meant for me to be there =( maybe next time, hope u guys have fun!

Curlz

Smash Lord
hey guys sorry but i probably won't be able to go now my parents changed their minds. i guess it just wasn't meant for me to be there =( maybe next time, hope u guys have fun!
Its all good, man. There are still another 2 months until this goes down, so your parents might change their minds again.

You should check out the NOM tournaments we have in New Orleans since they're so much closer.

FPDav

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0127-1121
Name (Nickname): Bryan David (FPDav)
City/State: New Iberia, LA
Name Tag?: Sure
Equipment: Probably whole setup, but no promises

Nicole

Smash Champion
i'll see if any of the midwest besides myself wants to come to this.

will there be any housing available?

Curlz

Smash Lord
i'll see if any of the midwest besides myself wants to come to this.

will there be any housing available?
Yes, there is information in the second post about free housing as well as a link for really cheap hotels in the city.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Who is housing for this? lee martin can i come live with u? ..... forever?
Housing's on the front page.

Also if need be, I can house up to 4/5 carpools, depending on how full they are.

Curlz

Smash Lord
So do we pay in advance online or when we get there?
I assume when you get there.
You pay whenever you get to the venue. You pay $5 to the venue for the buffet as soon as you walk in and then pay the rest of the venue fee ($20) for electronic use and space whenever you walk into the tournament room as well as your entry for each event.

Ally, I hope you can find a way to make it out to this. Just think of it as an early Christmas payment. :p

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
He's going with them to Europe, leaving on the 18th. If they die, he won't be going to Europe.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
what if we have a money match in brawl? will you come to money match me?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Add Melee and I'll come. that's the only way though :/
As much as I would love to, I can't. We only have the venue for one day and there's not way I'd be able to host a national sized Brawl & Melee event within the hours that we have the room. Not only that, we won't have the space for all the set ups and the people that would travel for both.

I'm sorry. :[

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but cuuurrrrrrrrrlllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

its m2k! swap dubz with melee

Curlz

Smash Lord
The point still stands about setups and room. Splitting the room in half for Melee and Brawl would be terrible for b oth events because it means they will BOTH be lasting longer than necessary, which can't happen. If Doubles run later than planned, we can still take some of the TVs that are being used and switch them to singles matches.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lee, Gnes, and Ally will be here. And M2K if he isn't afraid to accept my money match.

Top Bottom