• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TASOL 2010 - December 18, 2010 (IMPORTANT POST - CHECK THE OP!)

lolololololozzzzz

Smash Rookie
Add Melee and I'll come. that's the only way though :/
Cuurrrlllzzzz ... serioiusly?!? We should be giving hand_jobs to M2K to come! Imagine the amount of people who would come just on the fact to meet M2K IRL!

Ugh, after getting R0ni, ISBS, and myself to tell you our thoughts and you still give these BS excuses for not allowing melee ... it looks bad on your end as a TO IMO. You're not representing the people/community.

I can't believe this is even a problem.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Cuurrrlllzzzz ... serioiusly?!? We should be giving hand_jobs to M2K to come! Imagine the amount of people who would come just on the fact to meet M2K IRL!

Ugh, after getting R0ni, ISBS, and myself to tell you our thoughts and you still give these BS excuses for not allowing melee ... it looks bad on your end as a TO IMO. You're not representing the people/community.

He does have a point, but after the whole MLG thing, Idk if M2K would even consider coming anymore.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
well, lets ask him.

Hey M2K, are you still gonna come if we get it to have melee?

mew2king for namesearch.

Curlz

Smash Lord
A tourny play curcuit event is on this day. Im deciding between that and this. Would this be worth it at all??
As the TO for this, I'd have to say this would be much more worth it. Lol.

I'm expecting many more pot bonuses by the time this rolls around to be up to $500. Not only that, you beating JNig at MLG made LA want to **** you, so you'll have alot of competition. :p

For the fact that this is a NATIONAL tournament, I simply do not have the space and/or time to include Melee. Switching out Doubles for Melee is not a plausible argument simply because they are two completely different things. We will need completely different setups for Melee than we would need for doubles. As I stated before, if Doubles runs over than we could just take away setups from Doubles into Singles and that would be it. I also don't want the limited space we have to be split because of the two tournaments going on. Not only that; here is not enough space in the room that we rented out to hold all the people that would come for two national events. I'm honestly worried that if this thing gets big that we won't have enough room for just Brawl alone.

If me denying Melee for the sake of the players, space, and time makes me look bad as a TO, then so be it, I'll be a bad TO. I'd rather look like a "bad TO" and have a well-runned tournament than to be considered a "good TO" and have a cluttered mess of a tournament.

In case I didn't make myself clear; NO MELEE. Sorry.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Curlz, is there anyway you could run a low tier 2vs2 side event? Since you are starting so freakin early it will be easy to get it done. If you need it, i can help you run this event/bring my cords+strips....ect

EDIT: dont call this a national. they wont even consider WHOBO a national. LOL. so i guess me and u only do REGIONALS

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Curlz, is there anyway you could run a low tier 2vs2 side event? Since you are starting so freakin early it will be easy to get it done. If you need it, i can help you run this event/bring my cords+strips....ect

EDIT: dont call this a national. they wont even consider WHOBO a national. LOL. so i guess me and u only do REGIONALS
He's right. If this truly were a National, Melee would be no problem.

Curlz

Smash Lord

It all depends on how much time we have afterwards for me to do a LT 2v2. I only want to advertise for what we know for sure is happening.

Xyro77

I have ran 4 events in one day several times(at least 4-5 hobos) and we end up leaving anywhere between 11-1. If its low tier teams it wont cause a huge drain on time(which is what u are worried about). Plus, with me there to help you/back you up, things WILL get done right and on time. You have my word.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Yes! After talking with my parents (again) they said that I can go, so 9 times out of 10 i'll be there.

Curlz

Smash Lord
There is a forum on the first post that you can fill out. Just copy/paste it into a post and you'll be registered.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So yeah I told you already I won't be able to house anymore due to roommate issues unless its a woman in my bed.

I will however appoint myself to official match caller since I can be very loud for long periods of time.

Xyro77

so curlz, about that low tier teams? can u do it please? if u let me run it/help run it i can get it done on time

Curlz

Smash Lord
So yeah I told you already I won't be able to house anymore due to roommate issues unless its a woman in my bed.

I will however appoint myself to official match caller since I can be very loud for long periods of time.
I would appreciate that alot, actually. Thanks. :]

so curlz, about that low tier teams? can u do it please? if u let me run it/help run it i can get it done on time
I'm actually on the fence about running Low Tier Teams. If people show interest in it, then I would have no problem with letting you run it, but as of now only you and Zigsta have shown that you want to have it.

Just have people post in here if they would want to have it.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I would appreciate that alot, actually. Thanks. :]

I'm actually on the fence about running Low Tier Teams. If people show interest in it, then I would have no problem with letting you run it, but as of now only you and Zigsta have shown that you want to have it.

Just have people post in here if they would want to have it.
We need to start advertising the hell outta this Curlz, it's getting really close and only 40 confirmed. Hype it up

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I think the only reason only Xyro and I have shown interest in LT teams is because we're the only two from Texas who are relatively regularly checking this thread for updates.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I have alot of locals coming to this that haven't pre-regged. That's about 20 or so people right there.

Also, the badges idea kind of fell through because our connection went south. So no badges. :[

Other than that, everything is looking good advertising wise. We have posters all over Lafayette and I'm bringing some to Alabama with me next weekend.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*randomly remembers this thread*

*still wants to go*

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's that supposed to mean, zig-man?
I'm saying that even though the majority of Texas is talking about wanting to attend this tournament, the only Texas Smashers who have been posting in this thread--and likely the only ones who are keeping up with its updates--are Xyro and I.

For proof, see RT's post; ie how he still wants to go but forgot the thread.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Nah, lol. I was talking about how you're "from Texas".

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Nah, lol. I was talking about how you're "from Texas".
Well, I'm born in Louisiana, but I'm considered "from Texas" as far as Smash is concerned because I spend the majority of the year here.

Shoot, with my working in Hollywood now, I spend more time in SoCal than LA.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
ooooooooooooobvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv........... that was the joke. but now its gone. thanks, bro.

lulz

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Only power bottoms think like that. You gotta be optimistic to be a power top like me.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I really want this to have a breakthrough turnout (75+). If we want this to be the biggest turnout in LA's Brawl history, we need 100+.

I'm advertising all over LA and surrounding areas for this. Help me out by showing this to other regions as well everyone!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Add melée, then m2k and his fab club will show up. Increasing your entry amount to OVER 9000!!!!

:trollface:

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I really want this to have a breakthrough turnout (75+). If we want this to be the biggest turnout in LA's Brawl history, we need 100+.

I'm advertising all over LA and surrounding areas for this. Help me out by showing this to other regions as well everyone!
If this happens, we could possibly do it once a year like WHOBO.

Xyro77

I can't. Quit trolling!
Add low tier teams. Im telling you it increases alot of players chances of winning money because they know they may not be able to win money in regular singles but LT gives them another chance.

If you have good relations with this venue and it can hold 500 people or more then i would just make this event a yearly thing. If enough people show up it could be considered a regional or maybe even a national.

Curlz

Smash Lord
That's what I was hoping on, honestly. We have to see how well this thing turns out though.

Add low tier teams. Im telling you it increases alot of players chances of winning money because they know they may not be able to win money in regular singles but LT gives them another chance.
If I get enough people interested in wanting LT Teams then I'll add it for sure!

Xyro77

If I get enough people interested in wanting LT Teams then I'll add it for sure!
Xyro
zigsta
lee
gnes
trela
ally

^these want it for sure. i dont know what kind of numbers you want but i assure you that when people walk into this event and realize that they wont win top 4 in regular singles they will be looking other palces to make money. low tier teams is the perfect spot for some of these people.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I'm saying that even though the majority of Texas is talking about wanting to attend this tournament, the only Texas Smashers who have been posting in this thread--and likely the only ones who are keeping up with its updates--are Xyro and I.

For proof, see RT's post; ie how he still wants to go but forgot the thread.
Na, ive been checking this thread for the most part. And houston still plans on going

Me, gness, razer, trela, p4 and maybe a few more.

And im so done with tier specific events. I would only enter a mid tier event cause of the high chance of winning money, but even then I hate those more than low tier lol. Texas has these events like every month =[

And NOOOOOO gness never said he wanted low tier here. Im talking to him right now. Lee wanting it is questionable too lol

Xyro77

Na, ive been checking this thread for the most part. And houston still plans on going

Me, gness, razer, trela, p4 and maybe a few more.

And im so done with tier specific events. I would only enter a mid tier event cause of the high chance of winning money, but even then I hate those more than low tier lol. Texas has these events like every month =[

And NOOOOOO gness never said he wanted low tier here. Im talking to him right now. Lee wanting it is questionable too lol
lee will always do low tier. he gets top 3 each time. im also certain gnes would want to do it if i asked him to team.

Top Bottom