• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Hmmm... People don't take sides this early usually.... Me? I'm gonna do some looking around for now....

Depending on the game, of course, but Wario strikes me as well-muscled. Sonic's a bit frail in that area; being thin is a weakness in this department. Yet, Sonic can run very, very fast. You all decide how realistic his running has to be, but I'm not voting Sonic just yet.

JOE!

Smash Hero
OP stated that we use realistic proportions for each character so Sonic's speed is uber nerfed, but he is still a fast little ****er and can do the spin roll for damage with his spikes.

Wario has a freak'n motorcycle.
Wario also has muscles. I think Wario would win.
fixed the fer ya...

tocador

Smash Lord
Wario has a bike, he should have no problem with sonic hit n run tactics.

I wanted for that moderator that debated with me to be here, so we could spice up this thread again :B.

Wario has some huge power compared to sonic, he has muscles and a deadly bite, in witch could result to a single hit KO. Wario has a bike to react to hit n run tactics so he has no lose-issue with sonics speed.

In the other hand, sonic must have some strong legs as he runs really fast, so he prolly has some strong kicks meaning he could easily take down wario with a single kick. But i think that sonic is no match for wario in a hand-to-hand combat, because he simply just dont have the guts and the muscles. So i think in this MU sonic is going to play mid to long range, while wario's task is going to be approach or let sonic approach.

The fact is, no one has projectiles so it WILL have to end in melee range at some point, the battle here is sonic trying to out run and out do wario with his imba speed, while wario just need a grab to bite sonics head off to win the battle.

I would give it slightly in wario's favor because sonic is always on disadvantage as the battle is going to be melee and wario has just more options than him.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
Sonic could always curl into a ball and stab wario with his spikes cuz wario's too fat and slow (xD) and sonic is too fast for him to move out of the way in time. I don't think there wouldn't be much for wario to do against a spinning spikey ball flying at him

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Speed is not the key, but being smart. In this case, Wario will release a wind (read: Fart) making Sonic faint.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Does Wario fart in his games? I have never seen him do that except on Mario Strikers Charged, and the OP said no fart attacks. I think the max speed of the Wario Bike is 217 MPH, it's fast, but not fast enough to catch Sonic if he has his speed in his games in this round. The Wario Car can go up to 280 MPH, faster than the Bike.

UncleSam

Smash Master
awww JOE! you had to end it...
and I had something ready too...
Sonic vs. Wario?
IDK I'll think about it
EDIT: does sonic get his rings?

tocador

Smash Lord
The fact is, while in the spiky ball form, sonic cant see ****, so he is blind while in that form, making that a HUUUUUUGE disadvantage for him.

Yeah he can listen the sound of wario and follow, but we all know that if wario stays still or just dodge at the last second sonic will be helpless. O, and sonic can always hit a tree or fall from a cliff while in that mode.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I really think it is Wario's favor by far. The only main reason he can kill in his games to begin with is his insane speed. In real life he would not be able to reach those speeds and if he did he would most likely have his muscles detach from his bones (this can actually happen :laugh:). Even when you look at Sonic's body you can see those arms have little to no muscle. Sonic would be fast and be able to run around Wario but he won't be able to kill him.

Wario has been known to be very strong in all the games he has been in. His legs sure won't give him speed, but that layer of fat can sure absorb some damage. Wario does not need to chase Sonic. Why would he waste energy chasing something so fast. All he has to do is wait for sonic to go for a strike. Also can Wario use his teeth?

Sieguest

Smash Master
DANG IT A NEW MATCHUP,
THIS IS WHY INTERNET SUX! (I couldn't get on yesterday :(.....btw @joe...olimars always having six implies having onions around...do we have random onions on the earth? :laugh: I really need to let it go...)

Anyway....Sonic+ blue tornado= win....:laugh:
just kidding....

if sonic can't go full speed, then how come Wario's fat is like a tank? eh?

I'm not picking a side yet...Imah getting the facts...:)

UncleSam

Smash Master
OP says 'no hage Jaw'
very descriptive JOE!
he can use his bike but no massive Wario waft or jaw
and no Wario Man
and Sonic has been given speed nerfs
@marthage
I'll nevar let it go
I had something important to say, but it ended
not saying it it's too long
oh and if sonic gets the blue tornado Wario gets his pesuado(sp?) chaingrab :laugh:

JOE!

Smash Hero
OP says 'no hage Jaw'
very descriptive JOE!

wut?

Meaning he doesnt have the silly Brawl bite atack

The fact is, while in the spiky ball form, sonic cant see ****, so he is blind while in that form, making that a HUUUUUUGE disadvantage for him.

Yeah he can listen the sound of wario and follow, but we all know that if wario stays still or just dodge at the last second sonic will be helpless. O, and sonic can always hit a tree or fall from a cliff while in that mode.
at the same time, he's moving rather fast and is spiky, he wont stay int that form for too long either...

Sieguest

Smash Master
OP says 'no hage Jaw'
very descriptive JOE!
he can use his bike but no massive Wario waft or jaw
and no Wario Man
and Sonic has been given speed nerfs
@marthage
I'll nevar let it go
I had something important to say, but it ended
not saying it it's too long
oh and if sonic gets the blue tornado Wario gets his pesuado(sp?) chaingrab :laugh:
I can't let it go either...IC's got robbed....:/
no bias...no seriously not biased yet biased at the same time! :(

SPEED NERFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then why call sonic, sonic?
well...can he at least go fast enough to do blue tornado? that's all I need to know...:)

tocador

Smash Lord
Sonic approaches recklesly > Wario beat the crap out of him.

Sonic needs to use the patience and bait wario. Sonic is weak, by the game we can see that, no muscles in arms, and his legs dont really look strong. The only thing i could say is that by running fast as he does, his legs must be at least that strong, to knock down wario with one kick.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Sonic outruns Wario. His strength does absolutely nothing if he can't catch up. I'd say Sonic wins.
Yeah Sonic can run, but why would Wario try to catch up to Sonic. SOnic has to approach Wario, and Wario over powers him. Everytime SOnic goes in for a hit, he is in danger of getting grabbed by Wario.

Once Sonic takes a good hit to the face by Warios massive strength then it is game over. Also if SOnic gets grabbed it is also game over as Wario can just pummel Sonci.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Sonic is from planet Mobius, not earth.

so he has some wiggle room :p
Though it isn't very relevant, I just wanted to point out that nobody really knows where Sonic is from. Mobius was only used in the comics which don't relate to the games at all (the developer mentioned a mobius, but he was referring to a structure in the game, not a planet. Fans thought it was a planet and it was used as his home in the comics). Most recent evidence points out that he is from an alternate earth or an earth that is a couple hundred years advanced from ours. So I think we should go with the earth Sonic. But, it doesn't really matter anyway, just wanted to point it out. :)

Oh, and Sonic's home world in the cartoon show Sonic X is never specified, and it doesn't directly relate to the games anyway, besides two seasons, but no more.

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
IMO, this match-up is in Sonic's favor because he can outrun Wario even with his bike and the REAL Sonic outside of Brawl is very agile when fighting, this vid should give you an outlook of things.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I would love all people to look at the OP before posting because everyone will get confused when posting.

About Sonic vs Wario, Sonic in normal fast speed is kind of nerfing him a lot, I'll think about it later.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Sounds like sonic is winning so far with his quickness and speed. And vivi's video does prove that sonic is capable of attacking strong attacks.
While I do support Sonic, we can't really bring actual game (or cartoon, in this case) experiences into the debate, as we've seen in past match-ups. Sonic was programmed to do all of the stuff in that video, as well as he is programmed to beat Eggman in the games, etc. We can't really reflect on any past experiences in these math-ups because past experiences are programmed to the character, which means they wouldn't necessarily be realistic or work in these situations.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Well, Wario has strength, but no speed. Sonic just has speed and his strength comes from that, but thats just a factor, rite? Wario has huge strength from just being so big. That means it is going to take a while for Sonic to knock him out.

@The Sleepy One
what do you mean? Sonic can still run fast, what nerfs are you talkin bout? JOE! said in the OP "Sonic on the other hand, can still run fast, and curl into a ball to do *some* damage, but nothing like the super-natural stuff he pulls off in his games.

So, if this holds true, Sonic COULD (not saying he can, its a factor) do a hit and run technique. He can run and quickly attack Wario from one angle, then use his spindash to attack from another angle. Now Wario can take hits, his body mass is pretty big. It would take some time, but Wario will fall eventually. Or Sonic could go aggro and attack Wario while running at extreme speeds to add to the damaging properties.

If Wario somehow times his attacks to hit Sonic while he is trying to attack while running at him, its going to hurt. Wario's strength is pretty awesome in reality. It could even be a one hit KO is Wario gets one strong hit on Sonic while running. But that require lightning quick reflexes. OOOR, his bike. that could make this match entierly in Wario's favor or a draw.

A bike to stop Sonic, a bit of speed for Sonic, what can be made from this? a draw is what it is most likely.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
While I do support Sonic, we can't really bring actual game (or cartoon, in this case) experiences into the debate, as we've seen in past match-ups. Sonic was programmed to do all of the stuff in that video, as well as he is programmed to beat Eggman in the games, etc. We can't really reflect on any past experiences in these math-ups because past experiences are programmed to the character, which means they wouldn't necessarily be realistic or work in these situations.
Not quite, they maintain any attributes which are realistic, only unrealistic attributes get tossed.

Furthermore, if something is a necessary result of something else, they gain that attribute. Basically, we go through their displayed attributes and decide what is and what isn't realistic.

For example, strength of blows is decided by body structure, not what is "shown".

And yes, it is impossible for sonic to be as fast as he is in-game, or event exceptionally fast, his legs are built totally wrong for it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Doesn't Wario have his bike? Which could realistically run about as fast as a running anthropomorphic hedgehog?
He can, but I'm not sure how fast can Sonic go in real world fast speed. Also my post about Wario's Bike and Car:

I think the max speed of the Wario Bike is 217 MPH, it's fast, but not fast enough to catch Sonic if he has his speed in his games in this round. The Wario Car can go up to 280 MPH, faster than the Bike.

tocador

Smash Lord
Lets assume then sonic has the speed of the fastest animal on earth, so that would be: Spine- tailed Sift with a incredible 106 mph.

Even though wario has a bike that runs at 217 mph, so yeah, sonic is ****ed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well, Sonic goes 760 mph in real world speed while running. Spindash can go up to the sound at the speed of light, but both of those sound a bit too unrealistic. Grah, this is somewhat confusing. :/
Real-world speed meaning if sonic was realistic, not his speed in-game translated to the real world.

Lets assume then sonic has the speed of the fastest animal on earth, so that would be: Spine- tailed Sift with a incredible 106 mph.

Even though wario has a bike that runs at 217 mph, so yeah, sonic is ****ed.
No way Sonic could run that fast, with his leg build he's limited to human running speed at best.

Sonic is f***ed IRL, sheesh.

tocador

Smash Lord
Real-world speed meaning if sonic was realistic, not his speed in-game translated to the real world.

No way Sonic could run that fast, with his leg build he's limited to human running speed at best.

Sonic is f***ed IRL, sheesh.
Yeah, the 106 mph is kinda too much, mainly because it is from a bird :B. We could say that he runs as fast as a cheetah then 76 mph. I mean, sure his legs arent built for running, but cmon, the dude is form ANOTHER planet, so maybe he is a bit stronger and can run some what faster :D!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I agree with Adumbrodeus. Sonic is kinda g'd in a IRL situation.

If I had to place money on either of these guys, I'd put it on Wario. Guy may not be able to move mountains, but he DOES have the potential to be pretty strong. Just because somebody LOOKS flabby does not mean they're not strong. I know a guy who couples a farm life with a bodybuilding routine. He doesn't keep a real strict diet (the guy drinks Pabst all day, every day lol) and as a result he's about forty-fifty pounds overweight for his height. But man, the guy was strong. Muscles on muscle everywhere, even on his beer gut. He routinely benchpressed about three hundred pounds and squatted even more. Couple that with the kinda stuff he does on the farm (lifting haybales, chopping wood, building stuff) and you have a guy that (unlike most of your bodybuilders) that actually knows HOW to apply his strength. Hell, he poked me with a single finger and it was harder than most punches I got.

I'm not necessarily implying Wario is anything like the individual I described, but it is a possibility.

(Also: The guy I described actually knocked a bull out with his bare ****ing hands. No joke; I saw it with my own two eyes.

My friend and I were down by the cow pens one day talking to him; I should note, too, this is my buddy's Dad and we had originally bought a patch of land off his father so that we could "build" a house on it. Well, tangent aside, it was at the height of mating season and the herd was getting restless. Especially the bull. While bulls can't really gore you with blunted horns, they can sure as hell run all over you and/or kick you with their hooves. That's exactly what it tried to do to the guy. So, he grabbed the bull by one of its horns with one hand and socked it right between the eyes with the other. Knocked it clean out. This was some Paul Bunyan ****.)

Smooth Criminal

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Yeah, the 106 mph is kinda too much, mainly because it is from a bird :B. We could say that he runs as fast as a cheetah then 76 mph. I mean, sure his legs arent built for running, but cmon, the dude is form ANOTHER planet, so maybe he is a bit stronger and can run some what faster :D!
No matter what he would still have to get dangerously close to Wario.

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
This thread is really contradicting, JOE said as I quote "...This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible." , then says "Sonic on the other hand, can still run fast, and curl into a ball to do *some* damage, but nothing like the super-natural stuff he pulls off in his games."

If anything, Sonic WILL keep his natural ability to roll into a ball as that is a hedgehog's natural ability but saying that he has to be realistic but then say that Sonic retains his supernatural speed is well yeah...contradiction. He's an abnormally sized hedgehog (being 3'3) which means if he rolls up his spines will poke out (running him over isn't a good option), thus making most of Wario's approaches null and void (mostly his vehicle ones).

Speaking of another contradiction, with the previous discussion about Olimar. Being realistic would mean stripping him of his ability to randomly pluck pikmin from the ground, so how did he win?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This thread is really contradicting, JOE said as I quote "...This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible." , then says "Sonic on the other hand, can still run fast, and curl into a ball to do *some* damage, but nothing like the super-natural stuff he pulls off in his games."

If anything, Sonic WILL keep his natural ability to roll into a ball as that is a hedgehog's natural ability but saying that he has to be realistic but then say that Sonic retains his supernatural speed is well yeah...contradiction. He's an abnormally sized hedgehog (being 3'3) which means if he rolls up his spines will poke out (running him over isn't a good option), thus making most of Wario's approaches null and void (mostly his vehicle ones).
He can run fast, but our fast and his (Sonic's) fast are totally different things. Think somewhat less then Olympian.

Speaking of another contradiction, with the previous discussion about Olimar. Being realistic would mean stripping him of his ability to randomly pluck pikmin from the ground, so how does he win?
He can't randomly pluck pikmin from the ground, he has to use what he has. 90% of the discussion centered around the abilities of one of the pikmin types (based on the realistic implications of what is shown), and we concluded if the two of those pikmin died, he was screwed.

But, Ics winning depended on foreknowledge, that's why they lost.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
So if we strip Sonic into real life, Sonic would just be a giant hedgehog (about 5 feet?) with long legs that can run about 15-20 mph? If that's the case then Sonic is screwed.

EDIT: *looks at post below* tocador, No! We will finish this debate when it's ready. This is not your call

Top Bottom