• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Strength vs. speed, speed beats out with both at a certain (even) level of technique, but with both being basically untrained in fighting, strength generally wins.

Unless sonic has some training in actual fighting, this is a massacre, because he needs to be able to make his shots count to stand a chance, and there's no indication he has that ability.

That and wario also seems to have defense.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Strength vs. speed, speed beats out with both at a certain (even) level of technique, but with both being basically untrained in fighting, strength generally wins.

Unless sonic has some training in actual fighting, this is a massacre, because he needs to be able to make his shots count to stand a chance, and there's no indication he has that ability.

Yeah...sonic's always been able to pull off insane speed maneuvers, but with his 20 mph limit...things like blue tornado, and sonic overdrive are out the window...can't even spin dash like a pro now....

plus people have officially made wario the M12 tank of the matchup and sonic's flimsy limbs can't bust a "tank" persay...:(

UncleSam

Smash Master
plus running fast doesn't mean you have an extremely excellent reaction time, people like that would have good reaction times
but it's not like ninja status or anything...
my reaction time to sound is around 0.225 seconds average, which is pretty fast(plus I'm a gamer... I think that would make sense)
it also doesn't mean Wario is that slow either
sonic running around isn't going to make much difference.
EDIT: sure sonic can avoid attacks, but if wario has a fast enough reaction time he could just grab sonic when he approaches

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Not bringing it over from the games or whatnot, but Sonic does have fighting skills, shown in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.

He knows how to throw a punch/kick, that's all I'm saying.

===

Then again, this thread pretty much gave us a *******ized and nerfed to hell n' back Sonic.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sucks that biologically the fastest animals go 80 MPH are 4 legged. And that none use two legs XD... Still Sonic isn't human, couldn't his legs somehow be biologically better at running than a human?

UncleSam

Smash Master
lol, synopsis is 9 posts back:laugh:
EDIT: Ussi ninja'd me
EDIT2: @Ussi- 2 legs holding up an upright body have to carry more weight than a 4 legged cat,
we're slower because our legs have to hold up more body weight

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, sonic has fought the likes of Knuckles...

but I guess in real life Sonic holds the title of worst nerfed char <.<

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Dude....20mph? What happened to superSONIC speed?

Sonic lost
Wario won

Next matchup pl0x?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah...sonic's always been able to pull off insane speed maneuvers, but with his 20 mph limit...things like blue tornado, and sonic overdrive are out the window...can't even spin dash like a pro now....

plus people have officially made wario the M12 tank of the matchup and sonic's flimsy limbs can't bust a "tank" persay...:(
Not necessarily, if he knew where to hit, especially if he knew how to do limb-breaking manuevers, he could very easily have the advantage. The higher on the training scale you get, generally the more speed is more important then strength.

plus running fast doesn't mean you have an extremely excellent reaction time, people like that would have good reaction times
but it's not like ninja status or anything...
my reaction time to sound is around 0.225 seconds average, which is pretty fast(plus I'm a gamer... I think that would make sense)
it also doesn't mean Wario is that slow either
sonic running around isn't going to make much difference.
EDIT: sure sonic can avoid attacks, but if wario has a fast enough reaction time he could just grab sonic when he approaches
Actually, a fifth of a second is pretty slow, average is 13/60ths about, and I'm a tenth of a second, and 8/60ths is about what is humanly possible, hence what we use for match-ups.

Grabbing is harder then you think though, it usually comes off a miffed attack.

Not bringing it over from the games or whatnot, but Sonic does have fighting skills, shown in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.

He knows how to throw a punch/kick, that's all I'm saying.

===

Then again, this thread pretty much gave us a *******ized and nerfed to hell n' back Sonic.
Being able to kick and punch is not what I'm talking about, he'd need to know techniques to break limbs and pressure points to be successful.

Sucks that biologically the fastest animals go 80 MPH are 4 legged. And that none use two legs XD... Still Sonic isn't human, couldn't his legs somehow be biologically better at running than a human?
Actually no, they're biologically worse.

Look at him.

Proportionally speaking, his legs are thinner then human legs, especially relative to that olympian we saw earlier. He's lucky that we were even willing to give him THAT top speed.

Sonic sux IRL.

well, sonic has fought the likes of Knuckles...

but I guess in real life Sonic holds the title of worst nerfed char <.<
Nah, there are a ton of characters who have their powers reduced far more.

But in terms of "is the worst after IRL nerfs him/her/it/potato", then yes, so far Sonic gets it the worst. Doubtful wario will survive the next match-up round though, it's not like he had much to start with however.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I just enjoy being here, regardless of who we do. :squirtle: and :pichu: would be cool. has R.O.B. been done yet? *Searches OP* Nope.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Unfortuantley, ROB and Mr G&W i dont think we can do....One is a toy, and the other is...non-existant <.<

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Kirby VS Meta Knight?!? Dang, this is gonna get fifty pages - both of these characters are very odd in a realistic environment.

JOE!

Smash Hero
aww, we're now the 4th biggest thread in general brawl (used to be 3rd...well, unless we discount the ken on survivor thread that is closed, then we're still third :p)

but, we moved on to the 6th most viewed :D (5th if you discount Ken...)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh ****, two character's I know in the back of my head, I know all about Kirby and Meta Knight and what can they perform. Also which Final Cutter he would wield? Cutter Kirby's Final Cutter or Sword Kirby's Final Cutter?

In the game's, Kirby always win against Meta Knight, but without his copy power, it won't be a sweep fest, if it's the Final Cutter from Sword Kirby, Kirby can match Meta Knight and win.

UncleSam

Smash Master
allright, Wario wins, new match and a synopsis by uncle sam soon
wait, I'm seriously doing it?
EDIT: oh k u just linked my post:laugh:

Oh ****, two character's I know in the back of my head, I know all about Kirby and Meta Knight and what can they perform. Also which Final Cutter he would wield? Cutter Kirby's Final Cutter or Sword Kirby's Final Cutter?

In the game's, Kirby always win against Meta Knight, but without his copy power, it won't be a sweep fest, if it's the Final Cutter from Sword Kirby, Kirby can match Meta Knight and win.
probably sword kirby... but if JOE! makes it so that Kirby starts out without a power, than he has to find a way to get a copy ability quick
EDIT: wait no copy abilities, probably... yeah sword kirby
whenever MK versus Kirby, MK forces kirby to use a sword...
that would explain it

arch knight

Smash Lord
Meta knight is the obvious choice.
he has considerable speed and is a master swordsman with a universal blade. Meta can easily take the fight to the air seeing as kirby has to hold his breath to float.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Kirby VS Meta Knight?!? Dang, this is gonna get fifty pages - both of these characters are very odd in a realistic environment.
nah, I'm with Viper on this one,
I've played the games, and watched the anime
Kirbeh has got this one
unless M2K comes...

@JOE!- can kirby only use the final cutter attack? or can he wield it like the weapon it is?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I agree with Arch Knight. Even if Kirby can use a sword and "fly" as MK can, he doesn't have anything MK doesn't, and MK is more skilled with the sword. A big huge hammer isn't realistic for Kirby to be able to carry with his size and build and arm length.

Eh, this is my poor attempt at humor, but neither of them have fingers....

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
probably sword kirby... but if JOE! makes it so that Kirby starts out without a power, than he has to find a way to get a copy ability quick
EDIT: wait no copy abilities, probably... yeah sword kirby
whenever MK versus Kirby, MK forces kirby to use a sword...
that would explain it
Except on Amazing Mirror or Squeak Squad where he doesn't force you to pick up a ability that makes the fight take longer, though in Super Star you get to wait for him a very long time, lol. Regardless, Kirby still always beat Meta Knight with his sword since Kirby can't inhale Meta Knight due to Meta Knight knowing the secret of Kirby's inhale.

Meta knight is the obvious choice.
he has considerable speed and is a master swordsman with a universal blade. Meta can easily take the fight to the air seeing as kirby has to hold his breath to float.
Meta Knight get's slower if he flies too long where Kirby doesn't, though you are right that Meta Knight is very fast and has the galaxies strongest blade. Kirby has better air sword attacks than Meta Knight does however.

arch knight

Smash Lord
I agree with Arch Knight. Even if Kirby can use a sword and "fly" as MK can, he doesn't have anything MK doesn't, and MK is more skilled with the sword. A big huge hammer isn't realistic for Kirby to be able to carry with his size and build and arm length.

Eh, this is my poor attempt at humor, but neither of them have fingers....
Meta wears gloves so technically he can have fingers...he has a thumb.

Also to add to my previous post Meta is part of a galactic Army this gives him an even greater advantage having actual combat experience to hone his skills against many enemies possibly.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Except on Amazing Mirror or Squeak Squad where he doesn't force you to pick up a ability that makes the fight take longer, though in Super Star you get to wait for him a very long time, lol. Regardless, Kirby still always beat Meta Knight with his sword since Kirby can't inhale Meta Knight due to Meta Knight knowing the secret of Kirby's inhale.

Meta Knight get's slower if he flies too long where Kirby doesn't, though you are right that Meta Knight is very fast and has the galaxies strongest blade. Kirby has better air sword attacks than Meta Knight does however.
but to fight while holding your breath and stay afloat id say kirby would pass out in 3 minutes if it came to that :laugh:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
but to fight while holding your breath and stay afloat id say kirby would pass out in 3 minutes if it came to that :laugh:
Only if Kirby had Smash Bros or Kirby 64 air time, most of the Kirby game's he can stay in the air as long as he wants. I wonder... JOE! which game counts for Kirby's float? Most of his games, or Smash and Kirby 64 where he has a limit to stay in the air before getting tired?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Kirby can float so he must be super light or filled with helium. Meta can fly so his wings have to be about 2x his body size.
Kirby with his floating has air mobility and agility but metaknight is flying so he`ll be fast and powerful.
Kirby will be super light so he can`t take much damage. Meta flying will have a bigger surface area thus easier to hit. Meta also has his metal faceplate which offers protection from kirby` cutter

UncleSam

Smash Master

in a dual Meta Knight almost never uses his wings. he fights face to face and so would kirby at that point
this whole match is one big sword duel
@Viper
yeah it was so much easier to beat him in amazing mirror and squeak squad
and he can't inhale in this discussion

tocador

Smash Lord
How many times has metaknight owned king DDD? O yeah, no one. How many times did kirby own DDD? Plenty :B.

And if we go by the games logic, kirby > Metaknight.

As far as i know,(anime based), kirby is the last legendary fighter and he kicks ***, while MK is his master that helped him with his quest. I believe that usually students > masters, so i give it to kirby :B!

UncleSam

Smash Master
How many times has metaknight owned king DDD? O yeah, no one. How many times did kirby own DDD? Plenty :B.

And if we go by the games logic, kirby > Metaknight.

As far as i know,(anime based), kirby is the last legendary fighter and he kicks ***, while MK is his master that helped him with his quest. I believe that usually students > masters, so i give it to kirby :B!
in the anime, MK works for DDD,
would you hit you're boss?
ok bad question

Top Bottom