• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

tocador

Smash Lord
So if we strip Sonic into real life, Sonic would just be a giant hedgehog (about 5 feet?) with long legs that can run about 15-20 mph? If that's the case then Sonic is screwed.
If thats the case lets just start a new MU then. Wario clearly outclasses that dam hedgehog.

I propose donkey kong vs metaknight next.

The konga power or the speedy swordsman?

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
He can't randomly pluck pikmin from the ground, he has to use what he has. 90% of the discussion centered around the abilities of one of the pikmin types (based on the realistic implications of what is shown), and we concluded if the two of those pikmin died, he was screwed.

But, Ics winning depended on foreknowledge, that's why they lost.
But speaking realistically, pikmin don't exist. If anything, someone should of mentioned his suits abilities or something about his ship >_> Besides the discussion was on OLIMAR vs IC, pikmin don't have a role unless you're willing to say that this whole thing is unrealistic, are you?

What I meant about plucking randomly was that there are no pikmin sprouts(outside of the game) but since this discussion isn't related to the game he's pretty much screwed but then again if you take in account of his equipment he still has the upper hand. Try thinking a bit more.

tocador

Smash Lord
But speaking realistically, pikmin don't exist. If anything, someone should of mentioned his suits abilities or something about his ship >_> Besides the discussion was on OLIMAR vs IC, pikmin don't have a role unless you're willing to say that this whole thing is unrealistic, are you?

What I meant about plucking randomly was that there are no pikmin sprouts(outside of the game) but since this discussion isn't related to the game he's pretty much screwed. Try thinking a bit more.
Blue hedgehogs that run like hell dont exist too, while fat italians do. So yeah, whats your point?

When we argue here, we consider the BASICS of each charachter and consider they are real. Then we analise what is broken/inviable and then we judge the fight, In the olimar discussion we assumed that pikmin existed, so this wasnt a problem, really.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
STOP!

What I meant about plucking randomly was that there are no pikmin sprouts(outside of the game) but since this discussion isn't related to the game he's pretty much screwed. Try thinking a bit more.
HAMMER TIME!

I've been waiting to do that. Anyway, look back a couple of pages. Everybody in the debate agreed that the Pikmin were a form of organic invertebrates that, with a little picking and choosing from our own world's palette of animals, possessed a number of natural traits/advantages based on their abilities in game (the white Pikmin was probably the deadliest). It was also agreed (I believe) that Pikmin could not be "plucked" and that Olimar started with all ten Pikmin under his control.

Smooth Criminal

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
Blue hedgehogs that run like hell dont exist too, while fat italians do. So yeah, whats your point?

When we argue here, we consider the BASICS of each character and consider they are real. Then we analyze what is broken/inviable and then we judge the fight, In the olimar discussion we assumed that pikmin existed, so this wasn't a problem, really.
I never said that realistically Sonic could run fast, I was merely stating the contradictory of the guidelines of this discussion.

But if you could make an exception to Olimar and his seemingly endless army(10 or whatever), why not make an exception for Sonic and his speed? Stripping him of it would make that match up null and void because we all know that wario would win. The match ups have to give each person an advantage over the other without making them too broken, in any case Wario should be stripped of his vehicles. Why would he even need them to hit a slow hedgehog?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I never said that realistically Sonic could run fast, I was merely stating the contradictory of the guidelines of this discussion.

But if you could make an exception to Olimar and his seemingly endless army(10 or whatever), why not make an exception for Sonic and his speed? Stripping him of it would make that match up null and void because we all know that wario would win. The match ups have to give each person an advantage over the other without making them too broken, in any case Wario should be stripped of his vehicles. Why would he even them to hit a slow hedgehog?
I agree, IF Sonic loses his super sonic speed ability then wario should lose his motorcycle because he won't need it if Sonic runs as fast as the fastest man alive which is about 25 mph

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
o.O

Did my post get ignored or something? Seriously. Olimar had ten Pikmin and that was IT.

And Sonic is not breaking the sound barrier here. If that were the case, Sonic would win in an eyeblink (literally). The resultant sonic boom would kill Wario outright, much less a blow at that speed.

Smooth Criminal

tocador

Smash Lord

But if you could make an exception to Olimar and his seemingly endless army(10 or whatever), why not make an exception for Sonic and his speed? Stripping him of it would make that match up null and void because we all know that wario would win. The match ups have to give each person an advantage over the other without making them too broken, in any case Wario should be stripped of his vehicles. Why would he even them to hit a slow hedgehog?
We can sure give a special ability to our fighters, but not BROKEN ones. Wario can have his bike because even if he was a normal human, he could own a bike, so no johns about this.

The fact is, judging sonic physics, you cant really say how he runs that fast, so whe need to stay in reality here.

The fact that the battles dont need to be fair or even. Joe just picked a really one-sided mu, but hey, that's what life is about. So just quit it, sonic just isnt the fighter to take on wario =/.

JOE!

Smash Hero

What I meant about plucking randomly was that there are no pikmin sprouts(outside of the game) but since this discussion isn't related to the game he's pretty much screwed but then again if you take in account of his equipment he still has the upper hand. Try thinking a bit more.
He allready had the 10 pikmin with him, and seeing as theyre ailien, we allowed them.

Essentially, what we do here is take thes "fantastic" characters, and see how they would behave in real life, then see who'd win in a fight.

as to the current match, we know sonic is pretty smart, and usually needs to take out things stronger than himself often by exploitation and swiftness.

What about wario? Is he just a mas sof muscle, and no brain?

(also, no bike...we've never used vehicles)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Just because they DON'T exist doesn't mean that they CAN'T. That's the difference here, we didn't find anything in their core biology that made them inherently impossible, so they're valid, with some downgrades. The assumption of the debate was that he brought some pikmin with him.

As for the ship and the suit, that was everyone else's job. My job in that debate was to know stuff about real life and interpret things, all I know about pikmin as a series is what was mentioned in the debate.

Ultimately, when we're talking about realistic, we're not talking about what has occurred, we're talking about what is POSSIBLE, that's the major difference.

JOE!

Smash Hero
The fact that the battles dont need to be fair or even. Joe just picked a really one-sided mu, but hey, that's what life is about. So just quit it, sonic just isnt the fighter to take on wario =/.
not even close to one sided....

SEE: :bowser2: vs :charizard:

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I've been reading about hedgehogs right now and it says that hedgehogs cannot release their quivers like porcupines which sucks because now Sonic can't use his own spikes as shanks (lol Sonic the Thug) against Wario. However the quivers are very sharp even to the microscopic level so if Wario tries to land a punch, Sonic would just curl up like a real hedgehog and Wario will receive damage

lolz, the Peach vs Zelda was the most fun with all those peach mains coming over, writing massive essays over a lost cause

JOE!

Smash Hero
Don't forget :zelda: vs :peach:

Yes, let's a random girl with a baseball bat and see how she does against a well-trained bowman/swordsman.
yeha, but was that ratio 999/1<- due to just one time charizard will like eat a four leafed clover and get a leprechaun stuck in his toes in order to pull off perfect hit and run in the monste rthat is t3h b00z3r?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Don't forget :zelda: vs :peach:

Yes, let's a random girl with a baseball bat and see how she does against a well-trained bowman/swordsman.
I lol'ed. <3

@ Slader:

>_> I guess Sonic is going to sit there in a fetal position all day? lolno. Also, just because quills hurt doesn't mean that Wario can't deal damage with a powerful blow. Remember, force carries.

Also, while it's going to hurt him in the morning, Wario isn't an animal that is discouraged by sharp quills jabbing into him. He's probably gonna keep pounding Sonic until he's dead. Unless we award victory posthumously courtesy of Wario bleeding out due to suffering severe puncture wounds after Sonic's demise, I still think this match is in Wario's favor.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
So are you telling me that Wario cannot feel pain?
I'm not pulling a Marthage and saying that Wario has this serial killer trance going for him, but ask yourself something: If I punched you directly in the temple, with a lot of force behind it, what would happen?

Answer: I would probably knock you out. My hand is going to hurt, sure. But you're out.

Sonic is still soft and pliable underneath those quills. Yeah, it's going to hurt like a *****. Yeah, Wario's going to be bleeding. But what about Sonic? Yeah, he either got kicked really ****ing hard or punched really ****ing hard somewhere. He's going to be feeling it. He might be down and out long enough for Wario to focus through the pain and land yet another attack.

*shrugs.*

Just a thought.

Smooth Criminal

JOE!

Smash Hero
how well do you think sonic can actually fight?

we also never went aroudn to Wario's intelligence like I asked <.<

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
So is this match really going to end there because you guys just made Sonic a cripple and a fat schizophrenic plumber will easily finish off a cripple hedgehog.
Sonic is roadkill.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Wario isn't a plumber. As for his intelligence, I don't think he's as dumb as he lets off. I mean, he has to go through some pretty tricky puzzles in Wario Land games, and he's the CEO of a video game company.

And yeah, I guess he would win, with the pathetic excuse for Sonic we have now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wario's motorbike.. if its allowed, doesn't it go to like 120 MPH? I'd say if Sonic can't outrun 120 MPH then he's dead cause even if he curls behind his spikes, the force behind the motorbike + Wario's weight will crush Sonic as Wario's tires go flat. And if anything, Wario can break his bike apart and throw pieces of it at Sonic/bash him through his spikes, if he is strong enough...

Course this depends if Wario's bike is allowed or not.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
I think Wario will win because he won't play fair. In a regular street fight Wario is the type of guy to hit below the belt so I think he will do anything to ensure victory.

Sonic is much faster and if he can get close to Wario hit him once then retreat and do that a bunch of times he could wear Wario down.

Overall I give it to Wario but not by as much as some people are saying.

Sieguest

Smash Master
the bike is not allowed.

and do you guys really think sonic cannot do anything to wario...?
Well we nerfed the whole essence of sonic to where he can't do some of his awesome speed maneuvers anymore...

and somehow Wario become related to the M12....
what to think....

JOE!

Smash Hero
lets see, Sonic still has speed, we have come to a consensus that he can go like, olympic level?

so thats about 20ish mph...

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'm not pulling a Marthage and saying that Wario has this serial killer trance going for him, but ask yourself something: If I punched you directly in the temple, with a lot of force behind it, what would happen?

Just a thought.

Smooth Criminal
WHAT!?!
PULLING A MARTHAGE!?!
I was so tempted to sig this...rofl!

@Joe....
wow...20mph...that's gonna help him...sonic is skewed...he's still going up against wario the M12 as only a hedgehog with above average speed...

UncleSam

Smash Master
alright since a picture is worth a thousand words I'm going to make this a bit more simplistic:
this match-up is:
WARIO

VS.
SONIC

I hope this helps
(flaming starts nao)

Sieguest

Smash Master
*flames uncle sam* u suck nub......:laugh:

but really....that's pretty much what it looks like...
our olympian can only run fast....but he can't put a dent in the "tank" of Mr.T *cough Wario cough*

Top Bottom