• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Kirby doesn't have copy abilities in real life.
MK has a sword in real life.
It's all over for the Pink Puffball.
/bias

JOE!

Smash Hero
kirby has his cutter kirby sword in this

aslo, kirby cant stay aloft forever as efficiantly as other flying Brawlers we've gone over (like charizard and ridley), he will have to land, so damaged wings aint to bad for MK

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Metaknight has armour, wings and lightning fast sword.

The good guys always win. Not this time.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Unfortuantley, ROB and Mr G&W i dont think we can do....One is a toy, and the other is...non-existant <.<
So then ROB wins :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Oh, and I'm gonna sit this debate out. I've never played a Kirby game, but I'm gonna say Kirby wins.

bobson

Smash Lord
Kirby, from all known sources, has the mentality of a 2-year-old. Metaknight is a knight.

Even if Kirby had his copy and swallow abilities, Metaknight would outclass him just by fighting skill.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Metaknight has armour, wings and lightning fast sword.

The good guys always win. Not this time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvbXW5t2Xc

All sword play. =P

Kirby, from all known sources, has the mentality of a 2-year-old. Metaknight is a knight.

Even if Kirby had his copy and swallow abilities, Metaknight would outclass him just by fighting skill.
Only in the anime, in the game's he's much smarter, though he did go on an adventure for a peace of cake in Kirby Squeak Squad, LMAO.

JOE!

Smash Hero
unfortunatley, we cant really use the footage there....MK in that was designed to be beat...and quite easily at that...he doesnt even move while being hit half the time in the vids

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I think Viper was just showing that Kirby always uses his sword against Metaknight and clearly knows how to use it, not that Kirby would necessarily win all the time

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
kirby has his cutter kirby sword in this

aslo, kirby cant stay aloft forever as efficiantly as other flying Brawlers we've gone over (like charizard and ridley), he will have to land, so damaged wings aint to bad for MK

Okay flying>>>>>no flying.

Plus, that hammer can do hella damage.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think Viper was just showing that Kirby always uses his sword against Metaknight and clearly knows how to use it, not that Kirby would necessarily win all the time
This, though only in two game's you have to use Sword Kirby against Meta Knight, the other game's is just an option.

tocador

Smash Lord
Ive seen a joke vid in wich kirby dont want to use a sword aggainst meta, so he pulls out a gun and whoop's metas *** :B.

I cant remember the name of vid tho, so if someone remember please pm me or post here.

UncleSam

Smash Master
oh man, I remember playing those games.
good times, good times.
I really should buy a used amazing mirror since I only beat it 100% for a friend(entire playthrough)

Only in the anime, in the game's he's much smarter, though he did go on an adventure for a peace of cake in Kirby Squeak Squad, LMAO.
never deny kirby his cake or he'll hunt you down!
if meta takes kirby's cake in this match it's all over for meta

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
This is what I got so far:
Similarities: Kirby and Metaknight both have a sword of some kind. Both also has battle experience as Meta is designed to be a knight and Kirby has fought against Meta's own knights. Kirby can temporarily float and Metaknight can fly.
Differences: Metaknight has armor while Kirby only has the protection of his star cutter.
Sounds like a close battle so far but slightly into Metaknight's favor
Objections?

Lovely

Smash Lord
Is this all assuming that Kirby has no powerups? Couldn't he suck in MK and get his sword?
♣ Yes and no. He can take Meta Knight's sword by eating it, but since this thread prohibits copy ability, Kirby can not. I'm suprised no one is talking much about Hammer Kirby, since Hammer Kirby has evil amount of power compare to Sword Kirby. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
♣ Yes and no. He can take Meta Knight's sword by eating it, but since this thread prohibits copy ability, Kirby can not. I'm suprised no one is talking much about Hammer Kirby, since Hammer Kirby has evil amount of power compare to Sword Kirby. ♥
Oh gawd, if Kirby uses his Hammer instead of his sword, it wouldn't even be fair, not only Kirby swings his hammer very fast and can't get hurt, almost every Hammer Kirby's attacks take a chunk out of anyone's health. I would say the flame hammer, but that would be too slow and not needed.

Meta Knight is faster than Kirby, and unless he(Kirb) copies an ability, he's weaker than MK.
Yes he's faster than Kirby, however Kirby has the option of Sword and Hammer Kirby, Sword might be nearly a draw, but Meta Knight is a better swordsmen, but Kirby with Hammer is basicly one of his top strongest powers to have, well thrid strongest.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
in real life, i dont see kirby swinging a hammer too well
Then one might ask why you allowed it in the first place. :laugh: I'm a little too late to join in the debate here, but if Kirby uses a sword (no hammer, little guy), he's at a disadvantage. MK has armor, he has wings, he has a heck of a sword, and he's more familiar with a blade than Kirby is. Kirby has no aerial momentum that will help him against a winged foe, so he probably has to keep on the ground.

IMO, Kirby has nothing that Meta Knight doesn't already possess or surpass. I see Kirby losing, even if the battle lasts a while, because he doesn't have any tool or characteristic that can turn the match in his favor. Kirby is basically fighting to match MK, not defeat him.

JOE!

Smash Hero
originally, I though he might need it to fight MK, then after some review...I think it would be more of a hinderance...

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
The hammer does insane damage compared to the sword.

Again, Kirby can easily break a wing, giving him a huge advantage.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
The hammer does insane damage compared to the sword.
Uh, yes, but if he can't use a hammer...

Again, Kirby can easily break a wing, giving him a huge advantage.
Elaborate. Kirby's not taking out a wing in the air - he doesn't have the momentum to do that. He'd have to damage a wing on the ground, and MK has the ability to hide his wings on the ground. MK also is more skillful with the sword, and could minimize the chance of that even happening.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Uh, yes, but if he can't use a hammer...

Elaborate. Kirby's not taking out a wing in the air - he doesn't have the momentum to do that. He'd have to damage a wing on the ground, and MK has the ability to hide his wings on the ground. MK also is more skillful with the sword, and could minimize the chance of that even happening.
Bat wings are extremely fragile, and Meta Knight protects them with a sheet of cloth. Plus, who says that MK is more skilled anyway? The special stuff he can do with them (make tornadoes, shoot fire, etc) isn't in this fight.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I'm saying that Meta Knight is more skillful with the sword. MK trains his whole life with this weapon and that's his entire fighting style. Kirby uses a sword when he is granted the ability to and doesn't have as much experience with a blade as MK. If you were a good fighter that used alot of different weapons, sword included, and went into combat with a person who was just a good of a fighter but only used a sword, who is going to be at an advantage in a swordfight?

MK knows how to fight with a sword better than Kirby, and therefore, Meta is going to be fighting at a higher skill level. On the (IMO) off chance that Meta's wings are crippled, how does that put Kirby at an incredible advantage? If you "fly" by holding your breath, you can't go very fast and you'd have terrible momentum in the air. Kirby would be bette off on the ground than in the air.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Yes he's faster than Kirby, however Kirby has the option of Sword and Hammer Kirby, Sword might be nearly a draw, but Meta Knight is a better swordsmen.
Your suppose to know 100% everything about Kirby, how could you make one major flaw? There is no where in the Kirby game info that Meta Knight is a better swordsmen, just on the anime and later Kirby get's stronger. Meta Knight just have a stronger sword, but that doesn't mean that he's a better swordsmen. Hell, Kirby can use Meta Knight's sword, proven that Meta Knight and Kirby are equal in swords skill level. Only difference is that Kirby is proven to get stronger in skill level and surpass all his foes.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Your suppose to know 100% everything about Kirby, how could you make one major flaw? There is no where in the Kirby game info that Meta Knight is a better swordsmen, just on the anime and later Kirby get's stronger. Meta Knight just have a stronger sword, but that doesn't mean that he's a better swordsmen. Hell, Kirby can use Meta Knight's sword, proven that Meta Knight and Kirby are equal in swords skill level. Only difference is that Kirby is proven to get stronger in skill level and surpass all his foes.
Good point. I wish I had a link to that episode where meta gave kirby his sword and they fought.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Your suppose to know 100% everything about Kirby, how could you make one major flaw? There is no where in the Kirby game info that Meta Knight is a better swordsmen, just on the anime and later Kirby get's stronger.

Kirby gets stronger because he's the main character, and again, this is my opinion, but I would say that MK would be a better swordsman since he uses his sword all the time. Kirby has less training with a blade and only beats out MK because he is the protagonist.

Hell, Kirby can use Meta Knight's sword, proven that Meta Knight and Kirby are equal in swords skill level.
How does that prove Kirby's skill with the sword?

Only difference is that Kirby is proven to get stronger in skill level and surpass all his foes.
Again, Kirby gets better because he is indeed the protagonist of the series. Mario always conquers Bowser, but Bowser would crush Mario IRL.

UncleSam

Smash Master
MK's armor is nothing to boast about anyway, he has a cape, shoulder pads, and a mask which by the way are all light armor pieces so it can give Meta Knight mobility, hammer kirby would wreck him.
@dragonblooded-from the anime kirby is only a baby star warrior... he's weak then but he gets much stronger later on not because he's just the protagonist because he's an extremely powerful star warrior, Kirby has enough strength and skill to take down Meta Knight

§leepy God

Smash Master
Kirby gets stronger because he's the main character, and again, this is my opinion, but I would say that MK would be a better swordsman since he uses his sword all the time. Kirby has less training with a blade and only beats out MK because he is the protagonist.
If Kirby just wields a sword without eating it, then he's doesn't get all the skills. Seeing how Ninja Kirby works in the anime, Kirby was an awful Ninja until he inhaled a shrunken. Now as Ninja Kirby, he know all the ninja arts, and even surpass the best ninja in the whole galaxy. If this match up is just saying that Kirby just uses a sword instead of him getting his Sword Kirby power then I would understand.

How does that prove Kirby's skill with the sword?
Only the chosen one or the strongest sword wilder in existence can wiled Meta Knight's sword, the unworthy would would have his/her lifeforce taken out of them to the swords power. Kirby, (as seen in the games and the anime) has used Meta Knight sword almost as good as Meta Knight himself. Meta Knight knows more tricks to using the sword after holding it for a long time while Kirby knows a great amount by just holding it a few times.

Again, Kirby gets better because he is indeed the protagonist of the series. Mario always conquers Bowser, but Bowser would crush Mario IRL.
It's bad to compare Mario to Kirby since Mario would be a regular plumber and Bowser is just a monster that would take down Godzilla in real life. Kirby is basically skilled at a whole lot of elements and weaponry, to top it fought tougher battles than Mario. But in real life, Kirby is skilled with just about all the different weapons when he adapts to it, well only when he adapts to it. :p

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Ah well, I can sort of see the point. I've never watched the anime or played the games, so I'm not the right person to argue either way.

If Kirby just wields a sword without eating it, then he's doesn't get all the skills. Seeing how Ninja Kirby works in the anime, Kirby was an awful Ninja until he inhaled a shrunken. Now as Ninja Kirby, he know all the ninja arts, and even surpass the best ninja in the whole galaxy. If this match up is just saying that Kirby just uses a sword instead of him getting his Sword Kirby power then I would understand.
Uh, it isn't very realistic for Kirby to swallow a sword and therefore acquire sword smarts.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Bat wings are extremely fragile, and Meta Knight protects them with a sheet of cloth. Plus, who says that MK is more skilled anyway? The special stuff he can do with them (make tornadoes, shoot fire, etc) isn't in this fight.
Meta knight teaches kirby how to fight That is what makes him more skilled than kirby.

Also the cape is meta knights wings seeing as it disappears when the wings appear

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
In the game it doesn't say. In the anime, Meta Knight is a better swordsmen. I'm not sure if this thread is only baseing it off the anime and games, or just the games. If it's just games than I can see where your getting at but right now, my mindset is on both.

Meta knight teaches kirby how to fight That is what makes him more skilled than kirby.

Also the cape is meta knights wings seeing as it disappears when the wings appear
To tell you the truth, his wings are on his back, as you see it from Kirby Super Star, where he takes off the cape and would fly to you if you stay in the air. Also he will sprout wings and chase you when the Halberd crashes to the ocean. Also Meta Knight only taught Kirby some parts of the sword techs, Kirby learn the rest on his own.

arch knight

Smash Lord
In the game it doesn't say. In the anime, Meta Knight is a better swordsmen. I'm not sure if this thread is only baseing it off the anime and games, or just the games. If it's just games than I can see where your getting at but right now, my mindset is on both.

To tell you the truth, his wings are on his back, as you see it from Kirby Super Star, where he takes off the cape and would fly to you if you stay in the air. Also he will sprout wings and chase you when the Halberd crashes to the ocean. Also Meta Knight only taught Kirby some parts of the sword techs, Kirby learn the rest on his own.
kirby has no real ambition to learn how to fight so im doubting he actually learned how to fight before meta taught him.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ah, very true. Kirby's mindset is to protect his love one's, he's not into fighting to learn how to fight. Meta Knight was his first teacher, Meta Knight even taught him the Sword Beam, a beam that can split a mountan in half. O_o

bobson

Smash Lord
How is Kirby going to be handling a sword with any kind of real dexterity? He doesn't have thumbs.

arch knight

Smash Lord
Ah, very true. Kirby's mindset is to protect his love one's, he's not into fighting to learn how to fight. Meta Knight was his first teacher, Meta Knight even taught him the Sword Beam, a beam that can split a mountan in half. O_o
so this would give meta an edge having to have taught his oppenent. knowing his weaknesses and strengths and with meta knowing techniques such as the sword beam what else would he be holding back that he hasnt taught kirby

Top Bottom