• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ummm, we basically already discussed this with the zelda match-up.

Sheik has better clothes for running/jumping/moving in, and possibly when she changes herself, she gets slightly better conditioning.

But otherwise, it's the same core fight, Sheik has real weapons, Peach really doesn't. Peach loses by a massive margin.

Sieguest

Smash Master
so is peach she can't do crap, I say we give sheik a different opponent and have sonic vs. peach
loltastic

Peach would win because of Psych bombs and that random frying pan she's bound to be carrying...>.>

Sonic just sux....

The only characters worst than him are MK and Kirby, but Joe relinqushed them from our physics nerfs...

waitamoment- WHY CAN'T SONIC GET A BREAK EH?

*prepares flamefest post*

Sieguest

Smash Master
sonic doesn't have stubs for limbs like the kirby squad

So...they still got a break and were allowed to break physics in order to make them fight worthy...

How come the same isn't done for Sonic?

Gamist that's all it is, JOE! hates Sonic because he comes from a Sonic game....Gamist

EDIT:Good Night :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
man, i rocked the genisis all day long back in the...day

its just, what could I give Mr Steak without making it silly?

(that and i had to get peach done...)

new match shortly

JOE!

Smash Hero
thats what happens when round 1 features the more...competitive shall we say? matches

or we're getting too good at this

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, Im assuming a stunner shot like her paralyzer wont have EPIK range...and probably will not last long enough if done from EPIK range...

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think Zamus will win too as isn't she quite acrobatic and agile? I'm pretty sure that Zamus can get close and personal if she can't pull a shot off from afar.
you have the best avatar/sigs on this forums dude, ed edd n' eddy ftw

anywho, we should figure out how long the stun could last for, nd how fast it can travel...if it is bloackable..

day-day

Smash Ace
you have the best avatar/sigs on this forums dude, ed edd n' eddy ftw

anywho, we should figure out how long the stun could last for, nd how fast it can travel...if it is bloackable..
Lol thanks, I make them myself on photoshop. Photoshop FTW :bigthumbu My Edism's will spread quicker then a scam by Eddy :laugh:

Hm good question, only Metroid game I've ever played was Prime 1. I wonder if the stun from her gun would last as long as it does in brawl..
That's the big factor though, how long the stun last.

UncleSam

Smash Master
How long does it last in "Zero Mission"? Would that be a good reference?
the stun didn't last a long time, but after like 10 charged shots (lol that's probably off) would kill a space pirate,
ZSS could keep hitting zelda with stun shots to keep her in place until ZSS gets in close and does some super-acrobatic-attack-thing and win this

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The stun gun is unrealistic...

Shots of pure electricity aren't stable, it would just break apart. That's why pichu's thunderstock was limited to a melee attack.

It would need to be a solid projectile with either an independent energy generator that shocked you when it latches on OR a solid projectile with a line attached to the gun where the generator was located. Aka, like a modern taser.

Keep in mind, this is different from a laser.

UncleSam

Smash Master
The stun gun is unrealistic...
a taser is realistic

Shots of pure electricity aren't stable, it would just break apart. That's why pichu's thunderstock was limited to a melee attack.
taser can be fired from a distance, not the longest but still a distance

It would need to be a solid projectile with either an independent energy generator that shocked you when it latches on OR a solid projectile with a line attached to the gun where the generator was located. Aka, like a modern taser.

Keep in mind, this is different from a laser.
look above
arguing with myself is tough EDIT: lol you said it I missed that, taser works effectively in this match anyway

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ZSS all the way. She does all the overpowering from inside her powersuit.

Oh, wait, no powersuit? :(

Well, still... Zelda never does anything in any of her games except give Link light arrows, and get captured by Ganondorf and Zant. ZSS could run up to her and jab her anywhere, or run AND fire a taser at the same time, shock her and well, do whatever she desires to Zelda...?

She could also shock Zelda over and over until she dies.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm going with Zero Suit Samus on this one. If "super athlete" isn't possible (actually, look up "super athlete" on Google), would it be fine to consider Samus at peak condition? Peak human would be above athletic, which is "super athlete" anyway, "super" meaning "above," but not superhuman. Batman is at peak human condition, but he's still human. And besides, it's not like it's magic or psychic abilities. Humans who are fit can put up with a lot more attacks and perform better. Samus has been taught to fight, both by the Chozo and by the Galactic Federation. Zelda wouldn't even be peak human, let alone athletic. She would simply be a normal human. I don't think she has any true fighting skills, either. We have seen her with a sword, but we have never seen her use it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

a taser is realistic

taser can be fired from a distance, not the longest but still a distance

look above
arguing with myself is tough EDIT: lol you said it I missed that, taser works effectively in this match anyway

The thing is, it's not a taser.

Taser's work differently, they're a solid projectile that generally hooks onto the skin and delivers a shot, generally through a line that goes to the gun itself (but some have the charger in the projectile).

The rest are stun on contact.

Any type of taser that just fires the electricity and is ranged is unrealistic.

I haven't quite decided this match-up yet, I'll mull it over a bit more.

Just remember folks, Zelda has the arrows which are a significant advantage, and she's a skilled swordfighter/knifefighter too.

UncleSam

Smash Master
the actual MU is 60:40 Zamus, both character boards agree
EDIT: even then... me, dyrn is right Zamus has better maneuverability, is stronger and is faster, whether we changed Zamus' gun to a taser or not Zelda just has a sword, that we've never seen her use in battle

EDIT2: if you could arc it using a tesla coil it's totally possible, the only problem is scaling one

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
the actual MU is 60:40 Zamus, both character boards agree

EDIT: even then... me, dyrn is right Zamus has better maneuverability, is stronger and is faster, whether we changed Zamus' gun to a taser or not Zelda just has a sword, that we've never seen her use

We can't just change it to a taser, it's a scientifically impossible weapon, therefore it's out. Randomly changing weapons to the closest scientifically possible thing isn't Kosher.

Yea, in close range, the thing is, Zelda has a very significant advantage from long distance until zsamus hits hand to hand range (which Zelda can still defend with using the knife).

Basically, this comes down to the thousand tests, how often will Zelda kill Zsamus with the bow, how often will she kill her at max sword range, and is this enough to deal with Zsamus' killing advantage at extreme close range due to conditioning?

UncleSam

Smash Master
We can't just change it to a taser, it's a scientifically impossible weapon, therefore it's out. Randomly changing weapons to the closest scientifically possible thing isn't Kosher.

Yea, in close range, the thing is, Zelda has a very significant advantage from long distance until zsamus hits hand to hand range (which Zelda can still defend with using the knife).

Basically, this comes down to the thousand tests, how often will Zelda kill Zsamus with the bow, how often will she kill her at max sword range, and is this enough to deal with Zsamus' killing advantage at extreme close range due to conditioning?
close range Zamus can knock zelda's sword out of her hand(s) same with the knife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNqWPqiXP_Y&feature=related

If Pit loses his knife he still has another one.
the knife shouldn't be a problem either

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

close range Zamus can knock zelda's sword out of her hand(s) same with the knife

the knife shouldn't be a problem either

Yes, she can, once she gets inside.

Though Zelda has considerable training to, so she's not gonna make it easy, and you gotta remember that knives are particularly hard to defend against when unarmed. From personal experience, from years of Kali, even defending against an untrained knife-fighter requires years of experience, and puts you at a significant tactical disadvantage.

So, he's the real question again, does Zsamus' close melee range kill ratio make up for Zelda's massive superiority at every other range.

I'm noticing that every match-up I participate in, I reference my martial arts background.

UncleSam

Smash Master
still waiting for DB's massive sig. whatever it is...
Yes, she can, once she gets inside.

Though Zelda has considerable training to, so she's not gonna make it easy, and you gotta remember that knives are particularly hard to defend against when unarmed. From personal experience, from years of Kali, even defending against an untrained knife-fighter requires years of experience, and puts you at a significant tactical disadvantage.
remember, Zamus is at her peak fitness, she has extremely good reaction time, is fast, and nimble

So, he's the real question again, does Zsamus' close melee range kill ratio make up for Zelda's massive superiority at every other range.
I can see Zamus winning the close combat fights since, if Zelda is going to have both(bow/sword) she'd need to switch weapons once Zamus gets though, Zamus can disarm her then.

I'm noticing that every match-up I participate in, I reference my martial arts background.
I/you is/are good at this stuff...

JOE!

Smash Hero
what other weapons did she get in Zero mission?

also, her stunner could work, but only in melee...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
what other weapons did she get in Zero mission?

also, her stunner could work, but only in melee...
She had an auto-charged pistol, which stuns enemies. But, as the image above shows, Samus can take down people with weapons, and more than just one person at a time.

Top Bottom