• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Is Zelda even fast or have decent to fast reaction time? If she doesn't have either then Zamus will wreck her up close with athleticism she has.
I doubt it. Samus is athletic, Zelda is not. Samus has had years of fighting experience. Even in the Super Metroid comic, it shows Samus at the age of three learning to fight with what would act as a sword. Samus is a fast fighter. And, as the picture above shows, Samus can take down more than one person at a time, even with the weapons in their hands.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Its right here. :) And are the odds in favor of ZSS being able to get by Zelda's sword?

EDIT: Wut? :cry: My sig didn't show.........
this is why vv
This is what would happen to Zelda.

Like I said before, Zelda has not displayed any skill with a sword. All she has been shown is holding a sword.

remember, Zamus is at her peak fitness, she has extremely good reaction time, is fast, and nimble

I can see Zamus winning the close combat fights since, if Zelda is going to have both(bow/sword) she'd need to switch weapons once Zamus gets though, Zamus can disarm her then.

day-day

Smash Ace
I doubt it. Samus is athletic, Zelda is not. Samus has had years of fighting experience. Even in the Super Metroid comic, it shows Samus at the age of three learning to fight with what would act as a sword. Samus is a fast fighter. And, as the picture above shows, Samus can take down more than one person at a time, even with the weapons in their hands.
True..if Zelda had even half the reaction speed or overall quickness of Zamus, you'd think she'd be able to avoid capture by Ganondorf every time don't you think? lol

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Zelda's never used a sword or a knife, that's Sheik (unless you count the Phillip's games where Link could talk and have lipstick), which every person in the world disproves of and tries to forget). And if for purposes of this thread's debate they have Sheik and Zelda separated, then we should discuss Zelda's things, not Sheik's.

As for her paralyzer...
If she can't use it for shooting purposes, then she at the very least could use it as a melee weapon
I guess the technology IS pretty unreal at this point in technology. But who's to say something won't arise in the near future? With so many studies in particle physics, it's only a matter of time before they figure out if leptons can be directed without the use of a conductor, or an anode/cathode method... Still, this topic is about realistic PRESENT technology, right (I hope not, Fox got to use his laser pistol)? After all,
about half of
anything is possible with the right procedures...

And as for Zelda's bow... She would have to look for the arrow, take it from the quiver, set it on the bow, pull, aim, adjust her pose and concentrate (which will leave her defenseless), and fire. Rinse and repeat... ZSS would just have to run at her at about 23mph (top speed recorded for human running, by Maurice Greene), leaving her with little time to get ready. Unless the fight started in opposing sides of a football field, ZSS would have no problem closing the gap. And even then, let's see what i can come up with...

Football field = 100 yards.
1 mile = 1,617y (yards).
23mph*1,617y = 37,191 yph (yards per hour).
37,191 yph/3600s (one hour) = 10.33 yps (yards per second).
100y/10.33yps = 9.68s

So, as we can see, it will take ZSS approximately 9.68s to cross the whole football field to reach Zelda with a random melee attack in a straight line, probably ending with either a tackle or a kick. It also gives Zelda less amount of time to shoot the arrow, since she'll have to aim and shoot, and when at close range it's difficult to aim and shoot since she might also want to move around to shake off her aim.

It's too difficult for Zelda to surpass ZSS.

UncleSam

Smash Master
what an epic post Kewkky, JOE that belongs as a synopsis,
unless my alter ego can think of something

JOE!

Smash Hero
Think ZSS would be at ease dodging an arrow?

i mean she's had to face energy projectiles which go faster I'd imagine

HEY LISTEN!

wheres that pic, sam? :p

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Another quick point... To not make it seem unfair, the fastest recorded arrow speed has been 330 fps.

330 fps (feet per second)
1 yard = 3 feet
330 fps/3f = 110 yps (yards per second)

The fastest speed recorded on an arrow has been 110 yps, so if no external factors like wind resistance, gravity and other forces were in the way, an arrow would be able to cross the distance of 1.1 football fields in each second. With the factors in the way, we can deduce a properly angled diagonally-aimed arrow can be shot 2,047 yards, but only while angled upwards diagonally. This means you're not even aiming to hit a moving target on the ground that can also hunch down while sprinting and make it even harder for you.

EDIT: I don't recall Zelda ever undergoing physical conditioning. Her reaction time, due to being isolated inside her kingdom's walls the vast majority of her life (or captured by Ganon), might not be beneficial to those kinds of necessary combat traits. And if you look at her arms in all of her games, as well as her composition, she has a skinny frame. And it is a given that skinny people are less resistant to blows, unlike fat people and physically-fit people who are the perfect weight. A single punch to the face would knock down Zelda forever.

And even if Zelda had her sword, she'd have to make a decision in order to use that, or her bow. She has shown to have NO swordsmanship skills at all, other than generating magic and bouncing it back to Link in TP and the minor, slow slashes she has in the Phillip's games... She literally would have to pick a weapon before the fight starts, she can't possibly fire an arrow fast enough, drop the bow, take out her sword and get in a comfortable fighter stance in time before ZSS is all over her.

She's like some crazy predator. I would fear her, unless I had a car or a tank or something.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hm that's tough Sam. The Zamus has it all but there's something about that Zelda that catches Ed's eye...
Roflmfao. I should've seen this coming, yet I didn't. What's wrong with me??

And well, people like to debate over who wins and why, and I like winning (of course, if I lose I'll just concede defeat), hehehe...

day-day

Smash Ace
Roflmfao. I should've seen this coming, yet I didn't. What's wrong with me??

And well, people like to debate over who wins and why, and I like winning (of course, if I lose I'll just concede defeat), hehehe...

It's odd though how there isn't much of an argument though. You'd think there would be a bunch of people here backing up how Zelda would win lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
Im back, and Sam, i menat the fanart for Mewtwo vs Samus

anywho, it seems Zamus is too good a fighter for Zelda to take on

New MU soon

JOE!

Smash Hero
Wario doesnt have stubs, hes still plenty strong and....burly lets just say

remember, lucario is much smaller

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, according to Nintendo, mario is 5'1"

wario should be about 5'2"?

Lucario is 3' sumthin...

im gonna be off for a bit

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I would say wario just because of his size and strength. I mean, Diddy was argued the same way, but Wario actually has the mass and girth to fit.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Thank you.

Can't believe I forgot Gg.
I was really surprised
ok, according to Nintendo, mario is 5'1"

wario should be about 5'2"?

Lucario is 3' sumthin...

im gonna be off for a bit
Lucario is just a harder target for wario to hit since Luc. is fast...
EDIT: @ DB but lucario is more skilled like ET said, it's like a black belt vs. a fat guy

day-day

Smash Ace
It's a kung fu Jackal! Of course it would win! lol
Seriously though Wario would get torn all to pieces unless he emits one of his deadly farts which will knock Lucario out :laugh:
I still have my quarters on Lucario winning.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
EDIT: @ DB but lucario is more skilled like ET said, it's like a black belt vs. a fat guy

Yes, but this fat guy's not all flab, and he's much bigger than Luke.

Uh-huh.

Even if Wario is somehow heavier, Lucario can easily use his power against him. And considering Wario isn't the most combat hardened guy, he'd go down easily.
I don't entirely see how.......

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
remember, Zamus is at her peak fitness, she has extremely good reaction time, is fast, and nimble

Zelda is gonna be the same, just less so.

I can see Zamus winning the close combat fights since, if Zelda is going to have both(bow/sword) she'd need to switch weapons once Zamus gets though, Zamus can disarm her then.
Yes, but it takes very little time to switch if you just drop and pull, again, from experience.

That NEVER happens in a real fight.

Like I said before, Zelda has not displayed any skill with a sword. All she has been shown is holding a sword.
No.

From here onward.

There's more then enough evidence to establish that Zelda is in fact, a skilled swordfighter.

Zelda's never used a sword or a knife, that's Sheik (unless you count the Phillip's games where Link could talk and have lipstick), which every person in the world disproves of and tries to forget). And if for purposes of this thread's debate they have Sheik and Zelda separated, then we should discuss Zelda's things, not Sheik's.

NO!

Play windwaker, play TP.

In former, Zelda has a knife throughout the entire game (combat proficiency for it is a must due to her being a pirate captain).

In the latter, she displayed the sword, and dropped more then enough information to show that she was quite capable.

Read the link I posted above, I already went massively indepth on the issue.

As for her paralyzer...
If she can't use it for shooting purposes, then she at the very least could use it as a melee weapon
I guess the technology IS pretty unreal at this point in technology. But who's to say something won't arise in the near future? With so many studies in particle physics, it's only a matter of time before they figure out if leptons can be directed without the use of a conductor, or an anode/cathode method... Still, this topic is about realistic PRESENT technology, right (I hope not, Fox got to use his laser pistol)? After all,
about half of
anything is possible with the right procedures...
Lasers are current, just gimped.

And as for Zelda's bow... She would have to look for the arrow, take it from the quiver, set it on the bow, pull, aim, adjust her pose and concentrate (which will leave her defenseless), and fire. Rinse and repeat... ZSS would just have to run at her at about 23mph (top speed recorded for human running, by Maurice Greene), leaving her with little time to get ready. Unless the fight started in opposing sides of a football field, ZSS would have no problem closing the gap. And even then, let's see what i can come up with...

Football field = 100 yards.
1 mile = 1,617y (yards).
23mph*1,617y = 37,191 yph (yards per hour).
37,191 yph/3600s (one hour) = 10.33 yps (yards per second).
100y/10.33yps = 9.68s

At a shot per second (which is rather slow) that's 9 good shots. Especially when you consider that she only has to half-draw for most of it.

And standard beginning was the max range of the furthest firing weapon.

Zelda's effective range is 1200 feet approximately, about 400 yards, about 4 times what you suggested.

Also, dead sprints directly at somebody are very easy to hit, you gotta at least double your estimates for evasion.

And then adjust it for the fact that you can't dead sprint it the entire time (365 meters is beyond what you can dead sprint on full tilt), so this takes it more towards the realm of 800 meter times.

So, if we take top 800 meter running, guy's record is 1:41.11, which is reasonable.

So, that's time for about 100 shots, or plenty of well-placed ones.

So, as we can see, it will take ZSS approximately 9.68s to cross the whole football field to reach Zelda with a random melee attack in a straight line, probably ending with either a tackle or a kick. It also gives Zelda less amount of time to shoot the arrow, since she'll have to aim and shoot, and when at close range it's difficult to aim and shoot since she might also want to move around to shake off her aim.

It's too difficult for Zelda to surpass ZSS.[/QUOTE]

The closer she gets, the easier to hit, plus, she gets to half-draw at close range, increasing her rate of fire.

what an epic post Kewkky, JOE that belongs as a synopsis,
unless my alter ego can think of something

Plenty, it's full of holes.

Im back, and Sam, i menat the fanart for Mewtwo vs Samus

anywho, it seems Zamus is too good a fighter for Zelda to take on

New MU soon
Hey!

Not so fast!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
It's not that easy. Just ask a kung fu master that fought against a sumo fighter.

None of his attacks worked because the opponent was too big for his small attack area to work, the big dude's muscles and fat reduced the damage done to him and the sheer weight made the Kung fu dude bounce off him.

Of course, the difference betwwen wario and luke is perphaps not that big.

He still is pretty big though. And has lots muscles and is just a little overweight. He is far from being a slob.

Just look at his manly sexyness.

Edit: I hope this match-up does not get to the point where I will need to do what blue-kirby-man did to prove that ZSS would win.

Top Bottom