• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yeah, but Lucario would have to reach Wario to do that. All of those attacks are done against persons of similar height and are grounded attacks, not aerial attacks.

Lucario is 3.11 ft tall, and Wario is 5.3 ft tall. Wario towers over lucario, and in this fight that is an huge advantage because the bigger size lets Wario outrange Lucario, absorb Lucario's attacks because of a bigger body and keep Wario's head from being bashed by lucario.

And Wario is muscular, but not overly so, which would also mean that his attacks are pretty fast and pack a lot of weight behind them because of larger mass, and considering Lucario's fragile build, that would mean being knocked into the ground in one hit.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yeah, but Lucario would have to reach Wario to do that. All of those attacks are done against persons of similar height and are grounded attacks, not aerial attacks.

Lucario is 3.11 ft tall, and Wario is 5.3 ft tall. Wario towers over lucario, and in this fight that is an huge advantage because the bigger size lets Wario outrange Lucario, absorb Lucario's attacks because of a bigger body and keep Wario's head from being bashed by lucario.

And Wario is muscular, but not overly so, which would also mean that his attacks are pretty fast and pack a lot of weight behind them because of larger mass, and considering Lucario's fragile build, that would mean being knocked into the ground in one hit.
lucario doesn't have a fragile build, he was built for fighting

tocador

Smash Lord
Being smaller means you need to be twice as strong at least to attack and be sucesfull against a oponent.

Lucarios is strong, we all know that, and hes a great fighter, but, is he THAT strong to beat the crap out of wario?

Someone that played tenis/voleyball/basquetball/golf/soccer/kart/... and has some cool muscles i believe is somewhat strong.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
He does have fragile build. He lacks muscles or fat anywhere but in his legs. And the games agree because of his low defense.

Also, size comparison.

Give or take.

Anyway, compared to wario, Lucario does have a pretty frail build, and Wario is just to big for Lucario to do anything other than localized injuries, while a punch from wario will break 1/4 of Lucario's body.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Being smaller means you need to be twice as strong at least to attack and be sucesfull against a oponent.

Lucarios is strong, we all know that, and hes a great fighter, but, is he THAT strong to beat the crap out of wario?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKa8j_YujkI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyAgpaNzX3k&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Lnq3asIc4&feature=channel
Someone that played tenis/voleyball/basquetball/golf/soccer/kart/... and has some cool muscles i believe is somewhat strong.
he was slow in all of those games except for kart because the car did the work for him

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Just look at his manly sexyness.

The Brawl picture is just an example. Wario actually has pretty long arms.

And ET, Lucario is actually quite frail in his games. If he takes a hit you can be sure that he will be in a critical condition or fainted if the opponent is a sweeper.

day-day

Smash Ace
Oh, whoops sorry. I don't think a hit or two from Wario would break 1/4 of Lucario. As he is also part steel is he not? Not sure if we can factor his element types into this but wouldn't punching Lucario also hurt Wario as well?
Edit: The spikes aren't no joke either as Lucario could possibly slash Wario pretty good with them.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Anyway, compared to wario, Lucario does have a pretty frail build, and Wario is just to big for Lucario to do anything other than localized injuries, while a punch from wario will break 1/4 of Lucario's body.
O_o you edited your post, knowing I'd strike
ca-caw! Lucario doesn't have weak defences look at his max stats,
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/448/stats
he's extremely powerful and fast and has girth to boot, research dude
EDIT:
And ET, Lucario is actually quite frail in his games. If he takes a hit you can be sure that he will be in a critical condition or fainted if the opponent is a sweeper.
that's if it's super effective, plus luc. outspeeds a lot of sweepers
ca-caw!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
In the previous match-up we concluded that the only steel parts of Lucario's body are his spikes.

And Uncle, those max defense and HP stats are not impressive. Lots of Pokemons surprass him in his defense and HP. The only good point that Lucario has is the fact that he can sweep very well, but still, at the same time he can be sweeped just as easily.

And his speed is not amongst the top 100.

And Uncle, that image is way to big. Post the link instead, plz?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Luario wins this hands down. I'm sorry, animals are just stronger then humans, lucario just barely was edged out by diddy who would **** wario in terms of strength.

Especially the feet, again, the structure and configuration, and the pure concentration of muscles. He'll be able to pulp Wario's head if he can get a good kick, and he's more agile.

Not to mention, joint attacks.

He hits wario in the knee... done.

In the previous match-up we concluded that the only steel parts of Lucario's body are his spikes.

And Uncle, those max defense and HP stats are not impressive. Lots of Pokemons surprass him in his defense and HP. The only good point that Lucario has is the fact that he can sweep very well, but still, at the same time he can be sweeped just as easily.

And Uncle, that image is way to big. Post the link instead, plz?
YOU concluded those are the only steel parts. That doesn't make sense in terms of having the actual attributes though, in other words the weaknesses and resistences. You could argue that it's game mechanics, but that seems to be a totally arbitrary classification that doesn't make sense in the pre-existing system. Which leaves the conclusion of a light outer shell.

You honestly think that one person cannot take down multiple opponents? Haha!
That many?

It's called mook chivalry. Again, that's a trope.

But also, unless you're talking about somebody with no training whatsoever, they don't fall into traps that easily. Real fights are longer, except against complete idiots.

I could hold a sword as well. It doesn't make me a swordsman.
No you can't (unless you are a swordsman).

Your stance would betray you, especially if it's a real sword and weighted like one (which it obviously was).

You'd look like you're totally untrained (which I'd assume is the case).

But it's also more then that, read the entire line of discussion, there were a lot of other indications.

UncleSam

Smash Master

yeah, the majority of ppl who outspeed him are ubers... deoxys-S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwS1JCP0uTQ
If lucario has spikes on the end of his hands, I want to see Wario strike through a defense without getting his hand implaled

EDIT: creating a link paya

day-day

Smash Ace
Whoop sorry, I came onto this pretty late.
@Uncle Sam: ca-caw! :laugh: made my day lol
I don't think Wario will attack him head on cause I'm pretty sure one good slash from those spikes will put wario into a world of pain..

day-day

Smash Ace
Most of the Pokemon on that list fly anyway and far as I know..I do see that Lucario is quite slow. How does an electrode move faster then Lucario? By rolling? :confused:
Edit: While they may be better if they were thinner they can still do damage to Wario if hit in the right spot..

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That is true. Lucario is actually quite strong, but his strenght will be less effective if the opponent is big.

Stabbing a whale it's not the same thing as stabbing a dog. (exagerated, but still gets the idea straight)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Just look at this.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/speed.shtml

Even a god**** poliwag has the same speed as lucario, which is impressive for poliwag, but not for lucario.
poliwag, is weaker in every other stat genius
you are also assuming Wario must be faster than Lucario because 1/5 of a series that will never end is faster than he is, Lucario is in much better shape for running than Wario is, Lucario also has more stanima

And the spikes will do little to Wario's bones and body because of their shape. If they were thinner, then OK, but not in this case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRu0UaZTbVI
instead of fists it's lucario's spikes...
ca-caw!

EDIT: wario is human

tocador

Smash Lord
Wario is FAT. FAT can take some hits, and really, are sumo fighter's weak? It dosent mean that just because you are fat, you are weak, hell, imagine a 15 years old skinny and small trying to take a 200 killograms sumo fighter, and let me know the results.

It dosent matterif you do a martial art, it can only help you that much. Why do you think every single fighting sport is divided into wieghts? A 80 killograms karate fighter can sure try to fight a 130 killograms fighter, but it will be a uphill, and mainly because of his weight.

And just to emphasize it, lucario is basically 3/4 the size of wario, or smaller, and he is VERY skinny, meaning a punch from wario, that is strong(weight + overall life history), can break his bones easily.

Lucario has better mobility, though.

He should be able to slowly wear Wario down while remaining safe. Lucario, as a trained fighter, is more fit and would last longer.
Lucario isnt a trained fighter, in fact, he never trained, he was born "knowing". Pokemons dont go to gym's and start punching sand bags, and doing exercise to beef up.

They just battle other stuff and "get stronger".

@Adumb: You cant prove someone thinner and smaller then wario is stronger than him.

As i said wario is like a sumo fighter, where lucario is this 15 years old, small and skinny, karate fighter.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I again repeat, Lucario is stronger overall.

Wario just has more girth, which means bigger defense against Lucario's attacks in certain areas, as well as momentium is more damaging. In any pure contest of strength, lucario would make mincemeat of wario.

edit:

Wario is FAT. FAT can take some hits, and really, are sumo fighter's weak? It dosent mean that just because you are fat, you are weak, hell, imagine a 15 years old skinny and small trying to take a 200 killograms sumo fighter, and let me know the results.

It dosent matterif you do a martial art, it can only help you that much. Why do you think every single fighting sport is divided into wieghts? A 80 killograms karate fighter can sure try to fight a 130 killograms fighter, but it will be a uphill, and mainly because of his weight.

And just to emphasize it, lucario is basically 3/4 the size of wario, or smaller, and he is VERY skinny, meaning a punch from wario, that is strong(weight + overall life history), can break his bones easily.
But he's a human, humans are not set up for overall body strength honestly, we're more built for endurance, and a lot of our organs are badly proportioned for pure strength.

If Wario was not a human, but some animal that always grew to those proportions and was built for strength, I'd agree with you. But that's just layers and layers of fat, his actual raw muscle mass is significantly less efficient then Lucario's.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Wario also has trained himself. Otherwise, those muscles would not be there. He would still last less than lucario because of the pressure his muscles and fat put to his heart.

But Wario is far from being slow. In his games he is quite athletic and can run very fast as shown by his charged ramming attack. And having the perfect amount of muscles makes your attacks fast AND strong.

EDIT: but thanks to adumbreous I remebered that we humans are actually quite durable. So durable in fact, that some tribes hunted their preys by tiring them from following them for an extremely long time.

UncleSam

Smash Master
you people are underestimating the power of martial arts moves, rotation alone can create over 1000 pounds of pressure, the tornado kick can break somebody's spine, even though it is not a direct hit, it hits the face so hard it rips through the spinal cord, and with lucario's strength it only makes the situation worse for Wario

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wario also has trained himself. Otherwise, those muscles would not be there. He would still last less than lucario because of the pressure his muscles and fat put to his heart.

But Wario is far from being slow. In his games he is quite athletic and can run very fast as shown by his charged ramming attack. And having the perfect amount of muscles makes your attacks fast AND strong.
The fact that he's human is ultimately what holds him back. His body is just badly constructed.

Did you see lucario's legs? There's no way Wario's faster then that, their construction is just far too concentrated in terms of muscles.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That many?
What? She's been trained in the "fighting arts."

It's called mook chivalry. Again, that's a trope.
And yet, we see Samus fighting two people at once, and then notice four people getting knocked around when it shows from Adam Malkovich's perspective. They're not taking turns to stop Samus.

But also, unless you're talking about somebody with no training whatsoever, they don't fall into traps that easily. Real fights are longer, except against complete idiots.
But, I don't see why the Galactic Federation would hire weak and stupid people.

No you can't (unless you are a swordsman).
Tell me that's heavy.

The length of the sword isn't even long. If she was holding claymore, sure, I might agree with you.

Your stance would betray you, especially if it's a real sword and weighted like one (which it obviously was).
It's not a claymore. It's not even that long.

You'd look like you're totally untrained (which I'd assume is the case).
So does Link. His swordsmanship in comparison to Marth and Roy is laughable. But hey.

But it's also more then that, read the entire line of discussion, there were a lot of other indications.
Like, how Zelda is holding it? Big deal. I could do that, too. It doesn't make me a swordsman. Furthermore, why didn't Zelda show her prowess with the sword? Because she was afraid of death?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Not faster, but fast enough to keep the pressure on Lucario.

And as you reminded me, humans do not get tired easily.

AND ED, I meant charging attack, not charged attack.

Charging as in CHARGE AT THEM, SHOW THOSE ALIENS WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF!

tocador

Smash Lord
you people are underestimating the power of martial arts moves, rotation alone can create over 1000 pounds of pressure, the tornado kick can break somebody's spine, even though it is not a direct hit, it hits the face so hard it rips through the spinal cord, and with lucario's strength it only makes the situation worse for Wario

There is no evidence of that lucario can use such a move. He dosent have a master teching him moves, the only one's he know are the ones he has born knowing. Meaning he cant use such a move, because he dosent even know how to do it!

Wario can wrestle, a pile driver can break lucarios spinal cord, so one grab is free kill to wario.

day-day

Smash Ace
Would Lucario actually let Wario pull a pile drive on him? Lucario could slash him or bite him.
Would Lucario use his tail in this fight as well? I'm pretty sure a smack from that is enough to make Wario see blue stars for a minute.

UncleSam

Smash Master
There is no evidence of that lucario can use such a move. He dosent have a master teching him moves, the only one's he know are the ones he has born knowing. Meaning he cant use such a move, because he dosent even know how to do it!

Wario can wrestle, a pile driver can break lucarios spinal cord, so one grab is free kill to wario.
doooooooooooood, the tornado kick is spinning and pulling off a kick, that's a basic kick that you learn in Tae-Kwan-Doe, Lucario can easily do it, with or without training
ca-caw!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Not that Wario needs to grab him.

A punch will knock him to the ground and put him in a very vulnerable postion. Lucario needs to do a reversal to do the same on Wario.

And Tocador, there is counter, high jump kick, focus punch....etc.

Lucario could probably most of that stuff.

This fight reminds me of Roy vs Pit. Lucario may have more options in this fight, but Wario has better...

UncleSam

Smash Master
I don't see how Lucario wouldn't be able to reverse a grab.

Or even get grabbed for that matter....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Lnq3asIc4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BSuwwOccf8&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhpSHRjqpos&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWaVjrAjng&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv_8Q2gwHZY&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskKMss-rUw&feature=channel
here are a few judo techniques for you to munch on, Lucario could so do these, if the pokemon was built to fight, than it must have some instinct of these moves, as well as the others
Not that Wario needs to grab him.

A punch will knock him to the ground and put him in a very vulnerable postion. Lucario needs to do a reversal to do the same on Wario.
you still have the mindset that he is fragile which he isn't

This fight reminds me of Roy vs Pit. Lucario may have more options in this fight, but Wario has better...
Wario has better what?

So if Wario hit Lucario, Lucario should still have the ablility to use counter doubling the amount of power back at Wario.
pretty much, he could counter before the blow as well seeing this as RL and not turn-based

Top Bottom