• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teenage Mafia Ninja Turtles #2 - GAME OVER - Who lived happily ever after in NY?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey guys I just replaced in I'll put up a post of my thoughts in 3 weeks after I've read the topic

(post will come tomorrow when/if I get time)
unvote
vote mayling

He's a shady mother****er.

just kidding lets kill scamp :088:
unvote
vote scamp

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I predict that McFox and Dastrn won't catch scum, ever.

McFox why wait until day 2 to discuss? Why not discuss it now? What the heck is "it" anyway?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Scamp said:
McFox why wait until day 2 to discuss? Why not discuss it now? What the heck is "it" anyway?
Why don't you tell me, since I have no idea what you're talking about? This doesn't make any sense given my last two posts.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Why don't you tell me, since I have no idea what you're talking about? This doesn't make any sense given my last two posts.
I'm talking about this...

Best case scenario we lynch scum AND several people are mostly clear.

Worst case we narrow the focus and have a good discussion to start off D2 with.
Play a little game. Assume I'm town. Also assume I just died. Start the discussion. Go.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I don't expect and explanation out of Kev, but I stand by my Yeroc vote for suddenly jumping into the middle of a wagon (he even comes into the topic and admits to doing this as scum), and I think Scamp's lynch would yield relevant info., but killing off the inactive now would also be helpful. That's where I'm at right now.
So do you want him lynched for something he did that was scummy? Or are you just up to lynching him for information gathering?
Well, assuming that you aren't scum, four people have made fairly major pushes for your lynch. Dast, OS, me, and Hilt, and Kirbyo is in there too. I'd be willing to bet money that at least one scum is in there (again, assuming that you are town). If you are scum, that would go a long way towards clearing a good amount of people, which would be great.
Interested in hearing how I pushed for Scamp's lynch.

Also, while I do agree Scamp would give us more information than Chill would, I completely disagree with this information clearing "several people". You're just buttering up a reason for his lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see how lynching Scamp will give us "info" when pretty much all of the active players have openly called him suspect.

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The only information we can get from lynching Scamp is whether or not he's scum or a bad town player.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also Dast what was the point of that last post?
Cleverness.
The only information we can get from lynching Scamp is whether or not he's scum or a bad town player.
Not true. We can then look at all the people who voted/didn't vote on him, and all of the people who distanced themselves from him, and everyone who came to his defense, and everyone he attacked....there's a lot of info to be gained from a lynch once he flips.

For the record, and this detracts from my push to lynch Scamp, I've been scum-mates with Scamp before, and he was WAY less active, and spent WAY less energy trying to solve/investigate anything. I can't be sure that this isn't just a better time in his year for being active on the boards or if that's a scamp-tell of some sort. I'm more inclined to believe that he was just putting pressure on the new guy to see how he'd react under pressure.

sigh.

unvote

My current scum list is gheb, theman, and kirby.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Scamp said:
Play a little game. Assume I'm town. Also assume I just died. Start the discussion. Go.
You could've started the discussion, since you're the one who's on the line here (less so now). If you flipped town, I'd suspect Yeroc and Kirbyo even more than I already do. Their reasoning for voting you was pretty weak, they both come in towards the middle of the wagon, and both haven't had much to say since.

Hilt said:
So do you want him lynched for something he did that was scummy? Or are you just up to lynching him for information gathering?
I didn't like his contradictions pushing against OS and then retracting his statements. (I know, I know Scamp, you "didn't" do this.) The information we would gain is just icing.

Hilt said:
Interested in hearing how I pushed for Scamp's lynch.
...you're really going to deny pushing for Scamp's lynch? I thought this post pretty much spoke for itself.

Hilt said:
Also, while I do agree Scamp would give us more information than Chill would, I completely disagree with this information clearing "several people". You're just buttering up a reason for his lynch.
So if we lynched Scamp and he flipped scum, that wouldn't go at least a little towards clearing, say, Dastrn, who was the first to vote for Scamp, or Overswarm, who made a legitimate counter-argument? That would be some extreme bussing by these guys if they were also scum.

Gheb said:
I don't see how lynching Scamp will give us "info" when pretty much all of the active players have openly called him suspect.
Yeah, most active players have called him "suspect," but who has legitimately pushed for his lynch, and who is just keeping their options open? There's plenty of info. we could get from his lynch.

Still would rather lynch Yeroc. He comes into the topic and openly admits to doing exactly what I voted for him for as scum.

Dast, why Gheb? Agree on Kirbyo.

48 hours to deadline everybody. Unfortunately, I will be working 24 out of the next 48 hours. I'll do my best to stay updated.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Could someone remind me of all the people Scamp has put suspicion on?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I didn't admit to doing what you're accusing me of doing, I said I've done things similar to Dastrn's examples in the past in order to support his point. I also stated that I was aware how closely I was coming to pulling that same stunt with my vote on Scamp, but like I said earlier, I did it because I was fishing for tells as much as I was to show my support for Scamp suspicion, not because I was trying to pile on the momentum for Scamp's lynch. I also admitted this may have not been the best play to make. Were I to have been trying to posture my vote as mafia, I'd have done it sooner. Not third to last in a highly visible way during a slow moving bandwagon. Furthermore, had I been trying to hide something, I would be just trying to ignore you instead of putting this out in the open, since you're the only one who's on board with putting me in a bad light.

For the record, I'm still fairly suspicious of Scamp as well as some other people as a result of the wagon on him. However, I think you're looking for patterns to squeeze me into just by virtue of generalized scum reasoning.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeroc that's a lot of WIFOM for defense. I don't like that at all. Who are you suspicious of as a result of the wagon on me?

OS: Stop calling me a bad town player. That's getting annoying. Also, please weigh in on who you think is suspicious. All you've ever said is that I am equal to KirbyYosh, and that was a long time ago.

Inactives and new players need to step it up.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Dastrn I can't remember you going for any of the three people on your scum list, in this game so far. You haven't mentioned them at all, to my knowledge, other than probably kirby. Why the suspicion on He Man/Gheb?

As for me, not liking McFox (reasons stated before), and Chill can go. Scamp is fine I guess.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Inactives always need to go. The only problem is that it feels like a waste of a day.

Kinda curious why Chill is good to go but tHe-Man isn't. Seems even more inexcusable (and also stranger) since that's two people inactive.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Xonar has been active elsewhere, but Ryker has been strangely absent everywhere I think. Does anyone know where he is?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS: Stop calling me a bad town player. That's getting annoying. Also, please weigh in on who you think is suspicious. All you've ever said is that I am equal to KirbyYosh, and that was a long time ago.
You and kirbyosh are the only people that have really struck me as suspicious with any evidence. Both gheb and yeorc have made me raise an eyebrow (mostly with timing), but that's all they've done and it doesn't mean anything.

Inactives always need to go. The only problem is that it feels like a waste of a day.

Kinda curious why Chill is good to go but tHe-Man isn't. Seems even more inexcusable (and also stranger) since that's two people inactive.
Agreed on all counts. There are a couple of inactives here.

for reference said:
1. McFox (replaces Tom)
2. Dastrn
3. Gheb_01
4. Scamp
5. Chill
6. Ignatius
7. Yeroc
8. KevinM
9. KirbyYoshi
10. Chaco
11. tHe-Man
12. Bunglefever
13. Overswarm

Replacements
1. Mayling
2. Hilt
3. Super Smash Bros Fan
Overswarm 32
Kirbyoshi 29
Scamp 26
KevinM 25
Gheb_01 24
M3D 20
Dastrn 17
McFox 17
Yeroc 14
Junglefever 10
tHe-Man 10
Ignatius 8
Chill 7
Hilt 7

Lythium 3
Mic_128 2
Ryker 2
Chaco 2
Dr Drew the Dragon 2
Omnigamer 2
Crimson King 1
Mini Mic 1
Tom 1
Mayling 1

Mayling is brand new, and I believe Chaco was replaced but am not sure. Hilt is also new, leaving Chill being the most inactive.

Keeping up with who the 'lowest poster' is and punishing it with a lynch might be an acceptable strategy in the short run if we don't have something stronger to go off of, but I'd be hard pressed to consider it something we should do often.

That said, is there any particular reason why you don't seem to want Chill removed Scamp? It seems to be a consensus that Chill is inactive and should be lynched; we don't have evidence otherwise. tHe-man might not be the most active here, but he's actually MORE active than Iggy and has given us valuable information. If I recall correctly, tHe-man can only vote when its a hammer.

unvote

vote Chill

He's the least active, plain and simple; saying we should kill one inactive over another inactive is sillyness at best. I'd like an explanation as to why tHe-man was called out by you, Scamp; you seem to have a habit of pointing fingers for odd reasons.

I'd like for tHe-man to vote as the hammer if we get to that point.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I just found it really odd that Chill is getting this wagon and no one seems to be batting an eye at tHe-Man at all. Just because the main focus is on one person doesn't mean that other things shouldn't get any consideration. I guess it can be argued that TM has been slightly more active and has given slightly more information/help if you compare the two directly.

I'd also argue that Iggy has been more active than TM. Activity is more than just number of posts. The argument is sort of a pointless one, though, since they've both been practically unhelpful IMO.

Don't get the idea that I don't want Chill removed. Inactivity is the most anti-town thing you can do. It's also disrespectful to the host and everyone else playing the game. Still, it's not really a scumtell. Inactivity is usually unrelated to what role you are.

Regardless, we still have a good amount of time left in the day and I'd like to use it. We have two new players that need to offer opinions, and there are still some questions floating around out there that could be answered.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
oh i forgot iggy was still in this game

he should be replaced or mod killed or something.

I'd be just as fine with an Iggy lynch as a Chill lynch, for the exact same reasons.

And yeah, activity isn't just based on posts.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
5 votes on Chill atm, I can only hammer vote. I will be more active once Ryker comes back, except if you guys really want me to make a monster post, in which case I'll promise one later.

//Xonar

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yes, please. Monster post. Be sure to include why you haven't posted in so long.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dastrn I can't remember you going for any of the three people on your scum list, in this game so far. You haven't mentioned them at all, to my knowledge, other than probably kirby. Why the suspicion on He Man/Gheb?

As for me, not liking McFox (reasons stated before), and Chill can go. Scamp is fine I guess.
The wagon was on Scamp at the time, and I have a hard time keeping up with more than one conversation in the same thread. My brain tells me "don't target anyone but 1 person at a time" or else I'll get lost and frustrated. I'm able to manage my ADD well in real life, but online, it's still a source of frustration for me.

I wanted to see scamp's reactions to everything, and his reactions are pro-town in my brain. Particularly because i've had the privilege of being mafia partners with him before and I can contrast the two different games. Now that I don't have any reason to vote for him, I put a list out to get reactions from those players too. All during the scamp situation, I was watching for signs of other people looking kinda scummy, and those players I listed were the highest likelihood in my head.

I tend to play by rolling with my instincts. I work with juvenile delinquents for a living, and I spend 40 hours a week being manipulated and lied to. I've learned over the last 6 years in this field to trust my instincts so that's how I play mafia too.

With all that said, I'm ok with a chill lynch right now, since inactivity is more anti-town than a barely-there hunch that something isn't quite right with some player.

FOS chill

I'll vote later if we don't hear from him in the next 6 hours or so.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Some general thoughts on the game so far:

I'm fairly certain OS is town. Originally I said I had a fear that it was possible from ghebs defense that he might have been in a mason of some sort with OS, but I no longer believe that to be the case. Granted, it's mostly from meta reasons, of lurking his account and watching him respond the first time he viewed the topic multiple times, and in a pretty timely fashion as well. Were it that he was a first time mafia, I'd be willing to bet the other members would want to go over some of his posts before he threw them up.

If at some point in comes up that two scum are dead, and Kevin's still alive, I'd probably go for a lynch on him.

Yerocs early willingness to wagon as well is something that comes across pretty poorly to me, Kirbyoshi as well.

Mc9 I think has appeared as mostly town so far. He's had a lot of solid posts to put pressure on people, and the only thing he really did that I wasn't too fond of was being right in the middle of the possible scamp lynch. Well, that and he rolled his eyes in reference to me, so I kind of think hes more of a **** than I typically do.

I'm pretty sure the-man is lying about his restriction, it'd be nice if he came clean about that.

oh i forgot iggy was still in this game

he should be replaced or mod killed or something.

I'd be just as fine with an Iggy lynch as a Chill lynch, for the exact same reasons.

And yeah, activity isn't just based on posts.
You could always read the rules and try to get someone replaced rather than assuming you know what the rules of the game are.

My top two scum picks are the-man, and Yeroc. Although, a Chill lynch probably shouldn't happen without having had try to get him replaced first, but apparently if Im not around to get people replaced, nobody does. I'm not saying that increases my worth at all, so don't try to take that from this, just that Im disappointed in the rest of you.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Chill mega coasts when he's scum though its quite simply the easiest tell in the world.

Look at him in Starfox Mafia, least he posted as town there.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Btw folks, Chill has been prodded

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
@Gheb, I can only hammer vote.
@Ignatius, please stop with mafia for the rest of your life for assuming things without reason. If you really would've doubted my claim, you'd ask me to nameclaim as to reinforce my claim when I gave town the chance.

With that out of the way, this is how my post will look:
Explain my inactivity (rather short)
Comments on things/ask questions
Town-Scum list
Sign off

So let's start:
Why I was inactive:
Ryker was offline. I play a hydra like I should play a hydra, I want to share our thinkings and make a 'fused' post. This is simply to cause as little confusion as possible (but it was Xonar who posted that!) and overall make better posts (honestly, I suck at constructing posts which I see as my worst aspect in mafia). With Ryker gone, I hoped he would return sooner. Then I kinda forgot about this game (I reply to everything by searching through my own posts) and realised after my last post that the deadline is pretty short from now. Thus this post.

Comments/Questions
@Everyone - What are your guys CONCRETE stances on Kirbyo right now considering he belittled Kevin's claim? Especially wondering what Yeroc has to say.
Mine is that I still see him as suspicious, but I think we should look into Kirbyo more later on, as right now the discussion has been worn out for a while.
@Everyone - What do you guys think about Scamp?
I think that he is still the first person we should look at atm. I don't like how he nudged the new player at all, and later play it off as 'catching his attention'. Overswarm, what is your concrete stance on Scamp right now?
@kevin - I'm against a no-lynch, as a lynch is often part of the information you gain, and it's needed especially on D1
Yeroc said:
I agree with his logic concerning the miller, and while that doesn't automatically clear him as town, it's not a pressing issue and I think you'd agree with me.
What is your opinion on our hammer-only claim? Do you think that us claiming later than Kevin changes anything?

Scamp said:
Secondly I don't really have a reason to take it off. The only person that voting for would give information would be K-yosh and I don't think he's scum right now. Also, by taking it off it means I'm pretty much bowing to the pressure.
Why don't you think he's scum?
Why do you not want to 'bow to the pressure'? Are you that stubborn? You vote someone and don't take it off because you 'don't want to bow to the pressure'? :urg:

Btw, I noticed you use a lot of AtE:
Scamp said:
Screw that, I meant what I said and if people want to take it out of context and then blow it out of proportion then that's the way it'll be.
Scamp said:
You lynch me and there will be two townies dead and nothing to go on for day 2.
Anyways...
I do think he hasn't backpedalled on his vote though. I think the rest of his play is because of frustration, but that doesn't reduce my willingness to lynch him a whole lot.
As he was not backpedalling on his vote, FoS: Everyone who voted him because of that reason, worst. parrots. ever.

Dastrn said:
My vote for now is on Scamp. He's been backpedaling, which he'll probably say is a sign of not being scum, but it just highlights how he was posting without the pressure. All those votes meant something to all of us when we made them, and if he truly believed anything he was posting previously, he should have stuck to it. Scum will ALWAYS cave to the pressure of votes when all eyes are on them. Town, not as much.
Quote where he has been backpedalling.

McFox said:
Dast, I agree that Scamp has severely backpedaled, but I disagree that only scum would do that. Town can make mistakes and change their mind as well.
^don't do that but you can try if Dastrn can't

Also, McFox, while we're at it, could you make a town-scum list? If you don't want to for obvious reasons, don't do it, but I have yet to see any real stances from you.

Also, I'm willing to hammer Chill.

Town-Scum list:
Town
tHe-Man
Gheb_01
Overswarm
Yeroc

Dastrn
McFox (replaces Tom)
Ignatius
Scamp
KevinM
KirbyYoshi
Scum

Lurker
Chaco
Bunglefever
Chill

Lurker

Btw, tell me if any of these have been replaced, I just copied the OP post.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Iggy said:
Well, that and he rolled his eyes in reference to me, so I kind of think hes more of a **** than I typically do.
You had 7 game-posts at that time. Sorry if I offended you.

He-Man, as Kev is famous for saying, making a list of people you think is town just gives the mafia a checklist of who to kill. They win the game by forcing us to lynch our own players, so if we all say "Yeah, I'm pretty sure X is town," then we probably aren't going to lynch them, thus they get NKed.

My top suspect right now is Yeroc. If you don't think I've taken a real stance on him, you obviously haven't been reading. I also thought Kirbyo acted scummy, but don't actually think he's scum ATM. Wary of Iggy and Dast, but I don't really have anything on them besides a feeling, which is why I haven't really brought it up. This all precludes lurkers of course, who could be hiding scum roles behind inactivity. But for active players, there you go.

As for Scamp, this has already been talked about to death, but since you asked:

Scamp said:
I'm getting tired of the "I don't know what I'm doing" routine. If something makes sense, it makes sense. But being constantly unsure of yourself not only makes me want to ignore everything you say but it also makes you look scummy due to the fact that you don't want to offend anyone.
After Scamp gets a bunch of votes.

Scamp said:
Wow. Overswarm you took my post way out of context. If you think I voted for you because you're asking questions, you're wrong. In no way did I say anything about discrediting you for asking questions, and reading my post clearly reflects that.

So ask all the questions you want. Just stop saying you're lost, confused, or spouting nonsense.
Scamp is (apparently) the only person who felt that OS was saying he was "lost, confused, or spouting nonsense," since not only had no one else commented on it, but people actively jumped to OS' defense since it was a ridiculous notion.

Scamp said:
I know OS's posting style on these boards. I'm telling him not to play nice.
Compare this to the first quote. It would be innocuous if Scamp was just giving him advice, but he voted for him as well. (We know, we know Scamp, you didn't want to lynch him.) This looks like severe backing off to me, given that inbetween the first and second quotes he accumulated several votes and public support was clearly in favor of Scamp being wrong and OS playing fine.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Well, I honestly don't think a list has much effect on D1.

Besides
First quote:
But being constantly unsure of yourself not only makes me want to ignore everything you say but it also makes you look scummy due to the fact that you don't want to offend anyone.
third quote:
I'm telling him not to play nice.

It's the same to me? I don't get the point.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
This is the way I saw it.

First quote:
But being constantly unsure of yourself not only makes me want to ignore everything you say but it also makes you look scummy due to the fact that you don't want to offend anyone.
third quote:

From what I thought, OS has never been "unsure of himself," he's only asked mechanical questions about the game. When he pushed back against Scamp for this, he did it hard. That in itself is direct evidence that OS wasn't "unsure of himself."

If anything, Scamp is the one who hasn't backed up his statements. He simply stated that OS didn't know what he was doing and that it made him look scummy, and voted. He never pointed out where OS did this.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Well, I honestly don't think a list has much effect on D1.

Besides
First quote:
third quote:

It's the same to me? I don't get the point.
I didn't even notice I was on my normal account, my apologies, M3D.

On to McFox, I believe you're twisting my words. I said that Scamp isn't backpedalling, in how far he was right with his vote and reasons is a whole different concern.

Top Bottom