• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teenage Mafia Ninja Turtles #2 - GAME OVER - Who lived happily ever after in NY?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
From my perspective he was.

Original reasoning - OS is "constantly unsure of himself."
Next reasoning - OS is "lost, confused, or spouting nonsense."
Reason now - Don't play nice.

There doesn't seem to be a difference in those to you?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
@Ignatius, please stop with mafia for the rest of your life for assuming things without reason. If you really would've doubted my claim, you'd ask me to nameclaim as to reinforce my claim when I gave town the chance.
lol @ you assuming that I'm making baseless assumptions.

Lynch all Liars.

unvote vote: the-man

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
lol @ you assuming that I'm making baseless assumptions.

Lynch all Liars.

unvote vote: the-man

Do you even know which statement I'm referring to?

McFox said:
From my perspective he was.

Original reasoning - OS is "constantly unsure of himself."
Next reasoning - OS is "lost, confused, or spouting nonsense."
Reason now - Don't play nice.

There doesn't seem to be a difference in those to you?
Well, original reasoning is "constantly unsure of himself, should be more aggressive" which turns into "lost, confused or spouting nonsense" and then into "don't play nice"
I color coded links.

Anyway, I want to stop 'defending' Scamp. I don't like his defense, his vibes or his play, but I don't think he's been backpedalling his vote.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Do you even know which statement I'm referring to?
I can't imagine it being anything other than the one statement I made about you in that post. If you had any sort of mental prowess, I'd imagine you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together and realize that when I say I haven't made a baseless assumption, it's because I haven't.

If you'd like to stop being a ***rag, that'd be nice. I know it's difficult when it comes so naturally though, so don't sweat it too much.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
I can't imagine it being anything other than the one statement I made about you in that post. If you had any sort of mental prowess, I'd imagine you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together and realize that when I say I haven't made a baseless assumption, it's because I haven't.

If you'd like to stop being a ***rag, that'd be nice. I know it's difficult when it comes so naturally though, so don't sweat it too much.
Contradiction much? Btw, Ignatius should get modkilled for breaking the rules.

Anyway, could you elaborate now or are you going to dwell in your self-created world in which it's actually logical to vote for a person based on nothing concrete (or even close to that) a day before the deadline?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
who's ryker and what's a hydra?

are those some sort of obscure he-man cartoon references from the 80s? :085:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Contradiction much? Btw, Ignatius should get modkilled for breaking the rules.

Anyway, could you elaborate now or are you going to dwell in your self-created world in which it's actually logical to vote for a person based on nothing concrete (or even close to that) a day before the deadline?
Hey, I only responded in kind to the way you're acting. If you're gonna insult me, I'll insult you back.

If you thought even for a moment given the information you have, it should be fairly obvious as to why I believe you're not being truthful.

And instant asking for a modkill on an offense you too have already made also seems scummy, to be honest.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
A hydra is 2 people posting on 1 account, Ryker is the other head of the hydra.

Ignatius, if it truly was 'fairly obvious', why don't other players vote for me then? Stop stalling and explain it.

Not even going to comment on your last sentence.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey cool look they have two heads and yet they still post like idiots.

WHY in gods name are people after multiple years still posting town/scum lists.

I don't ****ing understand it anymore.

Like is SWF mafia this regressive?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
A hydra is 2 people posting on 1 account, Ryker is the other head of the hydra.

Ignatius, if it truly was 'fairly obvious', why don't other players vote for me then? Stop stalling and explain it.

Not even going to comment on your last sentence.
Why is this a good idea or even allowed? :085:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I seriously forgot this game existed. I'm too used to just checking into the broom.

So yeah stuff coming once I catch up.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
After reading I was going to say that I'd vote for kirbyo or the-man.

However Kevin said something on the last page that I passed over at first but then went back to make sure I read it correctly.

Kevin, you said that I always coast when I'm mafia. Tell me, what was my alignment in One piece mafia? Disney mafia? TMNT? BSG? SWF? Starfox? Funny, I've been town in every single one of these games. So where exactly did you get the idea that I always coast as mafia? Did you just pull that of your *** because you thought it would make me look bad?

vote:Kevin

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
So wait, Chill's scum meta ISN'T to coast? I'd like someone other than Chill and Kevin to answer this.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Wow the discussion flips back to me for a bit. Can't say I'm surprised but this is starting to get silly.

Scamp is (apparently) the only person who felt that OS was saying he was "lost, confused, or spouting nonsense," since not only had no one else commented on it, but people actively jumped to OS' defense since it was a ridiculous notion.
No one else commented on it because I directly referenced OS talking about himself from his own posts. Next, your timeline of my reasonings is faulty and there isn't really an order to it like you presented. Finally you can call OS's push back on me a "hard push" but if you read it carefully you'll see that there really wasn't much to it other than "OMGUS you voted for me for asking questions."

Anyway, Chill returns and gives us an OMGUS to dwell over. Nice. You do realize you're the leading lynch candidate right now, don't you?

tHe-Man I find it odd that you have two people below me on the scum ladder yet your focus was primarily on me. You do ask a question about K-yosh which no one seems to have answered and say the conversation on him died a while ago (and the one on me hasn't?) but you really need to make a case for Kevin.

Oh, right. You asked me something.

Why don't you think he's scum?
Why do you not want to 'bow to the pressure'? Are you that stubborn? You vote someone and don't take it off because you 'don't want to bow to the pressure'? :urg:

Btw, I noticed you use a lot of AtE:
Firstly, I don't know what AtE is.

Next, yes I am very stubborn. I'm also not going to change what I do because someone else thinks it's wrong, unless they can convince me that I'm wrong.

Lastly (I guess I answered these in reverse) I didn't think KirbyYoshi was scum then, but I'm suspicious of him now. I don't remember exactly why I felt the way I did about him then but I probably thought his actions didn't point to him being scummy. I don't like the way he's acted since then, though. I'm actually leaning toward independent with him though.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Scamp, I'm well aware of how many votes I have. I did just read thread. OMGUS means "oh my god u suck" correct? Its when you have nothing to refute what a player says so you just insult their ability to play.

Unless I've been told the wrong meaning you didn't use the term correctly. I just pointed out that what Kevin said is infact a lie. That's not a OMGUS.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well it kind of means what you want it to mean, but mostly it's voting for someone just because they voted or attacked you.

I'll think it over based on more responses. I dunno if you've caught Kevin in a lie without hearing his defense first, but I also don't like the whole metagaming argument in general.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I'm having trouble deciding where I stand on a lot of what's happened in the past day.

I've been inclined to trust much of what Kevin's said toDay, and I'm not against lynching (formerly) inactive players, but I'm somewhat disquieted by the way he managed to build the wagon.

Scamp's motivations are making a little more sense, but his tone and his approach still strike me as odd.

To answer tHe-Man's earlier question: overall I'm still very unsure about what to make of your claim. It's feasible, and while odd, believable based on my own restriction. Timing was also maybe a little too convenient? Not going to peg you for scum on it yet, and I'll just leave it at that.

Speaking of restrictions, I will not be here at the end of the Day tomorrow, so pls nobody nameclaim. Someone in particular anyway, or somebody could die because of it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Well it kind of means what you want it to mean, but mostly it's voting for someone just because they voted or attacked you.

I'll think it over based on more responses. I dunno if you've caught Kevin in a lie without hearing his defense first, but I also don't like the whole metagaming argument in general.
Metagaming is one thing but he's not even metagaming me because I haven't even played as mafia so that he could meta against me. So I can say with certainty that statement is a complete lie. I don't see any way around it so I'm keen on hearing Kevin's response.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I said you coast in every game earlier *shrugs* Still think you're scum in this game.

Starfox you most certainly did not coast and you were town.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good news Everyone! I caught up!

So here's my opinions, and I'll go in depth later why I think what is what:

First off, I completely agree with Scamp. People twisted his words to an extreme. He never said OS was scum for asking questions, but the way I read it, Scamp was leery of the way OS would demean himself. To me, I would think that OS would be very confident in this sort of game. A newbie question is a newbie question, but to go out of your way on several occasions to say "But I'm a newbie, what do I know." is playing the noob card and I don't feel it's something that OS would do.

Hilt is town.

Scamp is town-ish.

McFox is scum. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

As far as what I think about Kevin claiming miller. Yes, technically it makes sense that a townie would claim miller, but usually I would be under the assumption that miller would not know they were miller. So I have questions. Some people mentioned there was indeed a miller from the first TMNT. Did *that* miller know they were miller? Also, I'm astonished that no one asked for a character claim from KevinM, especially considering the-man mentioned character claiming himself. Does it not make sense to anyone to ask KevinM for a character claim? I know my character makes perfect sense for my role. tHe-man seems confident his own character claim would help prove his role. Since he role claimed, a character claim to back it up certainly seems reasonable. So, KevinM, would you be willing to character claim? I think it would help us sort that bit out.

Dastrn looks really, really bad to me.

And in my experience, Millers don't know they are Millers.
This is my experience as well.

Not going to claim my role, but I also have a voting restriction. If I hammer scum, I lose my PR. Yeah, it sucks.
That's a really weird/crappy vote restriction.

Overswarm, each Night, the Mafia can kill one of us. If we reveal everyone's role, they can decide which of us to kill first, and which to leave until later on. Granted, a Miller claim probably isn't going to be targeted for a Night kill, but the reason it is scummy is because it's not likely to be a lynch target either.
Why wouldn't a miller claim be targeted for a night kill if we believed his claim?

Gheb, I'm trying to see it but I still don't understand what caused you to vote for Kirby. Kevin (a experienced mafia player) just made a day 1 claim that he will turn up guilty even if he's not. Having just played a game with Kevin I'm more inclined to think that he's lying.
Why were you inclined to think he was lying? You answered this, but I'd like a more thorough explanation. Was KevinM scum the game you played with him?

What would people think about a no lynch?

I want people to answer that, with why or why not.

However I would REALLY like Kirbyo to answer first, followed by preferably Gheb.

The order after that is of little to no importance to me.
Wow. No lynch? Really? Why did you suggest this? Even lynching a lurker d1 is better than a no lynch, don't you agree?

My vote for now is on Scamp. He's been backpedaling, which he'll probably say is a sign of not being scum, but it just highlights how he was posting without the pressure. All those votes meant something to all of us when we made them, and if he truly believed anything he was posting previously, he should have stuck to it. Scum will ALWAYS cave to the pressure of votes when all eyes are on them. Town, not as much.
I don't agree with this. I could see town crumbling just by seeing "Hey, no one agrees with me. Maybe I'm wrong about this person. I guess I should look elsewhere." Also, people were kind of misinterpreting what Scamp was saying.

OS looks kinda bad to me cause he was like "oh, I don't knoooow. I think this but what do I know?" and when Scamp calls him out on it, he's suddenly pulling out statistics on how many times people have posted, and saying we should lynch lurkers and the like. So yeah. Don't see why Scamp was so scummy.

I would go McFox or Dastrn toDay. I agree with Kevin, I REALLY don't like how McFox has been playing this game.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Vote Count
Chill (4) - Gheb_01, Overswarm, McFox, Hilt
Scamp (1) - Kirbyoshi
tHe-Man (1) - Ignatius
McFox (1) - KevinM
KevinM (1) - Chill

Not Voting
Dastrn, Scamp, Mayling, Yeroc, tHe-Man

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline: Wednesday, March 31st @ Noon Eastern Time

Deadline in less than 11 hours. Please post your thoughts and use your votes wisely because the day is about to end.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
So, KevinM, would you be willing to character claim? I think it would help us sort that bit out.
Speaking of restrictions, I will not be here at the end of the Day tomorrow, so pls nobody nameclaim. Someone in particular anyway, or somebody could die because of it.
No. No no no no. Not until Tomorrow at the earliest, if then. My restriction involves a particular person nameclaiming (not necessarily KevinM), and if I'm not here to keep up my bit a random Townie will die.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Even if you didn't OMUGUS him I still don't like how you skipped lots of discussion to bring forth that point, Chill. I mean if you don't adress anything as long as it's not pointed towards you I don't see why I shouldn't unvote you. We've lost so many games recently due to inactivity. I'm NOT going to repeat that.

Vote stays

@Mayling

Sometimes Millers are told they are millers for WIFOM.

:059:

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Hey cool look they have two heads and yet they still post like idiots.

WHY in gods name are people after multiple years still posting town/scum lists.
Kevin, I'm sure you understand that a scum list is practically made out of vibes and other bullsht on day1. The list is still very much subject to change.

scamp said:
tHe-Man I find it odd that you have two people below me on the scum ladder yet your focus was primarily on me. You do ask a question about K-yosh which no one seems to have answered and say the conversation on him died a while ago (and the one on me hasn't?) but you really need to make a case for Kevin.
Well, I wanted to get information out of you... so I asked you questions, is that strange?
About Kevin being on there, it's just vibes. I don't like him atm.

scamp said:
Firstly, I don't know what AtE is.
Appeal to Emotion. Basicly manipulating emotion to reinforce your point etc etc.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
There really isn't any choice here. I don't see a good alternative wagon happening this early in the morning.

Vote: Chill

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm in partial agreement to Scamp... but Chill also has made the claim that he isn't inactive so much as forgot this thread exists.

If this is the case, I can change my vote, but I'd need somewhere else to go. Chill's "coasting" is... not what we need. There are other's more suspicious to me, but they are at least posting and giving information.

Mayling is also seeming slightly suspicious. FoS: Mayling

I think half the people she referenced she called "scummy", but has done little else at the moment. This is more than likely due to the timing of her joining the game, but it still requires careful consideration when someone's first major post is a broad, sweeping "one of you is a traitor" brush stroke.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
EBWOP: my vote stays. It may change soon, but I'd need more information from Chill. I still haven't gotten much substance from him.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I said:
So wait, Chill's scum meta ISN'T to coast? I'd like someone other than Chill and Kevin to answer this.
EBWOP: Here is said question, if anyone wants to take a stab at it. I wouldn't know the answer, since I've never played a Broom game.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Ryker is catching up.

L-1 for Chill now, meaning that we can vote without the town being punished.

@mod: If we vote without it being a hammer vote, does our vote still count?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
tHe-Man, I hope you realize we have less than 2.5 hours until the Day ends. Your sleeping head can catch up during the Night phase, since he slept all Day. But someone at least needs to hammer. I don't want a No-Lynch toDay.

Top Bottom