• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Thread - THE KING OF IRON FIST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Yoshimitsu were to be added, I'd rather not have his T3 look. Unless it's his most popular look and gets added first. My pick would either be his SC2 look, Tekken 2, or a redesign of his Tekken 1 look.
Just so long as it's not Tekken 4 Yoshimitsu.

peeup

Smash Lord
3 characters I think are the viable ones are Roger, Heihachi, and Yoshimitsu.
Roger is aesthetically and characteristically the best fit for smash.
Heihachi is most representative of Tekken, also he's already proven to be crossover material (PSASBR)
Yoshimitsu has the benefit of representing Tekken and Soul Calibur at once. Though Heihachi was technically in the PS2 version of SC2.

In summation, I think Heihachi has the best shot. But I'd rather see Roger or Yoshimitsu. Also, perfect event match: Yoshi vs Yoshimitsu.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
3 characters I think are the viable ones are Roger, Heihachi, and Yoshimitsu.
Roger is aesthetically and characteristically the best fit for smash.
Heihachi is most representative of Tekken, also he's already proven to be crossover material (PSASBR)
Yoshimitsu has the benefit of representing Tekken and Soul Calibur at once. Though Heihachi was technically in the PS2 version of SC2.

In summation, I think Heihachi has the best shot. But I'd rather see Roger or Yoshimitsu. Also, perfect event match: Yoshi vs Yoshimitsu.
Those three IMO are the best choices for a Tekken rep. Idk about roger though, I'm leaning more toward the other animal fighter Kuma(Panda color palettes included. Kill two birds with two bears).
I have an idea for an event match for Yoshimitsu. It'll be called "Decisive Battle!", and you'll have to play Link(or anyone?) vs Yoshimitsu in Grab the Coins. If you win then you'll have to beat him in a normal 1v1 in order to unlock him.

@KumaOso
But Beetlemitsu is mad cute.:awesome:

:phone:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Does this mean I can do a Soul Calibur thread?

OK, Heihachi might not be long away from SSB despite being on PSASBR; but really we need a different rep.

If we go by "hero/main character," we could go with:
Kazuya
Jin

Though Kazuya seems to rather be a villain/anti-hero, while Jin is totally heroic unlike his father which is something to consider.

Joke/fun characters.
Kuma
Panda
Roger
Alex
Mokujin
Tesujin
Fat Bob?
Yoshimitsu

Kuma is an iconic character for Tekken, and he even helps Heichachi in PSASBR. Panda might not look as fierce but rather cute, so maybe Japanese audiences would prefer her. While Roger and Alex seem to be more wild-crazy kind of characters. My pic here would be between them. The "jins" are not quite of my taste and Bob, well he is one of those characters that seem to head more towards "fantasy martial arts" than reality, though he is slim now. Anyway, considering the wacky nature of Smash; it is very likely that a rep would come from this group, but after characters like Snake and ZZS, anyone has chances. Oh and forgot on Yoshi; despite his looks, he is quite a goofball and he would represent both of Namco's fighting franchises. To correct myself, my personal pic from here would be between Yoshi and the boxing animals. (Alex).

The we need more females group (divided in 2 sub groups, the cute ones and the serious ones:)
The cute ones:
Ling Xiaoyu
Asuka Kazama
Lili Rochefort
Alisa Bosconovitch

Ling is the veteran among this group, almost being an icon to Tekken. Asuka has her relation to Jin who is a main character and Lili is quite new but very popular. Meanwhile, Alisa considering she is not human, I was wondering if I should had rather placed her on the "fun" characters group or not. Ling and Asuka actually look like fighters, while Lili and Alisa dress in a "fantasy-like" fashion as they don't look like actual fighters, but I believe this fits Alisa better as she is a machine; and it is justified for her as she is made of metal. Then again, this is Smash where someone like Peach fights, maybe Lili has a chance. Who am I kidding? My choices here are between Alisa and Lili.

The serious ones:
Nina Williams
Anna Williams
Zafina
Christie Monteiro
Julia Chang

This category places the older, and perhaps more serious female characters from Tekken. 3 of them are Femme Fatales and 2 are sort of cheery martial artist girls.

First we have the Williams sisters. Who are iconic to the Tekken franchise, but more likely it is Nina the one who usually outshines Anna (in game promotion, plus Nina had her own game). They are also seen as the "sex symbols" of the Tekken series (where Nina also seems be be ahead of her sister); which might be somehow a factor for them to be on Smash. We have already seen the different reactions to ZZS, and Smash is a series more oriented towards all-audiences while Tekken is aimed at teens and older audiences. Nowadays there are talks of Bayonetta in Smash, and that she sould be toned down if she gets in; so yeah if Anna and Nina get in, I can imagine getting their sexuality tonned down (as well their personalities, as despite being iconic; they are more like anti-heroines rather than full lenght heroines, and usually fight for the needs that suit them). But maybe they will get away like with Samus, by making them a tight suit that covers all; though I rather see this case for Nina as Anna dresses in a somewhat more conservative way than her sister most of the time.

Next is a similar case, Zafina, also a woman trained to kill; but seems to be more on a good alignment than the Williams sisters. New character and not as iconic, but she does seem good on the Zero Suit, so can be considered a canidate since maybe her control can be a variation on ZZS. (Maybe Sheik's style fits her better).

And finally we have Julia and Christie. I am only getting Julia in, as she is somewhat iconic; since she could be considered a "skin" of her mom, who was present since the first Tekken game. Though her style seems too normal. Christie's style would feature something new in Smash; which is something many are looking for, in the same vain as "we need other characters than swordusers," with her capoeira she would bring a new style to Smash, but she is not quite iconic, and might need to cover some more. Also; Christie and Julie are actually heroic, compared to the women mentioned earlier; so this might help if we look for a "main/hero character."

But Nina would be my pick here as like I said, she is iconic.

And so the final elimination from these groups would be:
Jin-Alex-Lili-Nina

Jin would get in as the overall main Tekken character/hero, Alex as it would be cool to have a boxing dinosaur and fits the wacky nature of Smash, Lili as she seems quite popular on Tekken fans; and Nina for being iconic.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
SC thread, specific thread on a SC character, I know; but since there is a Namco thread around, it gives some sort of ambiguity.

peeup

Smash Lord
lots of words
Reasons why Kuma would be the best choice:

Hero/Main character: He's a sidekick to Heihachi and a main staple of the series. So not exactly a hero or main character, but he's got a direct link to the main villain... who has a direct link to the main hero. Kinda stretched link, but its there, trust me.

Joke/fun characters: He's a ****ing bear. 'nuff said.

Females: Costume switch to Panda. Makes sense considering thats how it works in Tekken.

Serious ones: He's a sidekick to Heihachi... he's pretty serious.

In conclusion, he's a bear, he's badass, he has a girl costume change, and he's a badass bear with a girl costume change. What more could you want? #kuma2016

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@SSBC
I take it you're not that familiar with the characters that much, are you?

Asuka is better known for being the Jun replacement and her interactions with Lili. Xiaoyu is the one known for her relationship with Jin. Tetsu and Mokujin are pretty much ditto fighters so there's not much of a reason to consider them.

If you really want to settle it to four characters, it'd be Jin, Yoshimitsu, Xiaoyu, and Alisa/Nina. Fun fact about Nina, I want to say that she has appeared in every single Tekken related merchandise since the beginning of the series. That includes all three movies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who else is busy?

[COLLAPSE="Theories"]Jun - Dead or something.
Asuka - Dealing with Lili's ****.
Lili - Trying to hit on Asuka (we all know it).
Nina - Killing people.
Anna - Trying to kill Nina.
Steve - Either being controlled by Marik or recalling repressed memories.
Ogre - Getting ready for next Friday.
Jin - Throwing a tantrum.
Devil Jin - Throwing a tantrum before falling back to earth.
Zafina - Talking in riddles.
Marduk - Eating the wrestling stage.
Michelle - Part of a Mommy and Me wrestling team.
Julia - See above.
Armor King - Killing Marduk.
Alisa - Failing at taking pictures.
Miharu - Failing more entrance exams.
Dragunov - Building an Alisa.
Eddy - Looking for some dudes.
Christie - Looking for Eddy.
Tiger - Boogeying.
Kazuya - Not paying 15 years worth of child support.
Angel - Fighting Devil.
Xiaoyu - At amusement park.
Panda - At amusement park jealous of Miharu.
Leo - Telling everyone she's a girl.
[/COLLAPSE]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No, Alex is getting it on with Roger's wife. Mokujin is free after being kicked out of the Namco building.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
@SSBC
I take it you're not that familiar with the characters that much, are you?

Asuka is better known for being the Jun replacement and her interactions with Lili. Xiaoyu is the one known for her relationship with Jin. Tetsu and Mokujin are pretty much ditto fighters so there's not much of a reason to consider them.

If you really want to settle it to four characters, it'd be Jin, Yoshimitsu, Xiaoyu, and Alisa/Nina. Fun fact about Nina, I want to say that she has appeared in every single Tekken related merchandise since the beginning of the series. That includes all three movies.
I am quite familiar with Tekken.

Yes I know Asuka is the new "Jun" skin as Julia is the new "Michelle" skin. But Jun was way more likable than Asuka and Julia is nice, but she is not her mom who made the "asian wearing native american clothes" look iconic to Tekken. So Jun and Michelle are iconic, but right now are unacttive canon wise; and their replacements just don't seem good enough to match them, much less be Tekken reps in Smash, though anything can happen.

Well I don't really want to take away Yoshimitsu's chances, but a boxing dino seems more fun to be on Smash.

Nina Williams is Tekken's iconic "first lady" and has her own game. She really overshadows Anna, but maybe they would let Anna shine this time after her sister so far has had all the glory. Not that I am against Nina, but here Anna is the underdog.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Julia is nice, but she is not her mom who made the "asian wearing native american clothes" look iconic to Tekken. So Jun and Michelle are iconic, but right now are unacttive canon wise; and their replacements just don't seem good enough to match them, much less be Tekken reps in Smash, though anything can happen.
Michelle is only half Chinese, the rest of her is Native American thus explaining the clothes. Funny though how Julia looks more Asian in her eyes in her and Michelle's TTT2 endings (though that's easily justifiable).

Nina Williams is Tekken's iconic "first lady" and has her own game. She really overshadows Anna, but maybe they would let Anna shine this time after her sister so far has had all the glory. Not that I am against Nina, but here Anna is the underdog.
Except most people know Anna as "Nina's ****tier sister". Though, her over Nina would just confuse everyone, but her trademark bazooka (no, not those) would fit in just fine.

Thing about Mokujin.

He can use a mix of moves from the Tekken cast instead of copying Smash characters.

:phone:
That would be rather cool, but wouldn't Combot make more sense then since that's the custom character?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That would be rather cool, but wouldn't Combot make more sense then since that's the custom character?
Mokujin has been around a lot longer than Combot. So i would assume that he'd have more priority over the robot. (Either one would fit in perfectly though)

D

Deleted member

I think peacock means a composite charater, not a customizable character.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Michelle is only half Chinese, the rest of her is Native American thus explaining the clothes. Funny though how Julia looks more Asian in her eyes in her and Michelle's TTT2 endings (though that's easily justifiable).

Except most people know Anna as "Nina's ****tier sister". Though, her over Nina would just confuse everyone, but her trademark bazooka (no, not those) would fit in just fine.
Well I could give other mentions on the girls' designs, but I fear they might sound... racist and that is not my point.

Fine I will try to say it. Yes Michelle is only half Chinese; in her canon appearances she does look too asian; while Julia looks rather caucasian, than native american or asian, but of course there is the deal she is adopted. In her Tag Tournament 2 appearance, Michelle doesn't look quite asian.

Both Nina and Anna don't look much irish either. But Anna looks way too much asian. And Nina who is blonde, tends to have favoritism on her side.

Again not to sound rude, but is it me or the Tekken designers don't like much an "asian design" on asian characters? I can see this on Xiaoyu too in Tekken 3.

D

Deleted member

You guys are aware that the only actual options are going to be between Heihachi, Kazyua, and Jin, right? (And add Lars to the list if he's going to continue being a main protagonist, I guess.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I can get behind King or Heihachi or Yoshi. I'm still leaning towards Pac-Man though.

alien803

Smash Cadet
You guys are aware that the only actual options are going to be between Heihachi, Kazyua, and Jin, right? (And add Lars to the list if he's going to continue being a main protagonist, I guess.)
Add Yoshimitsu, there's a possibility they could add him because he's both a Tekken and Soul character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom