• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Thread - THE KING OF IRON FIST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The whole thing in T6 was to get rid of the guy behind Devil.

Devil still lives on.
So, correct if I'm wrong, that means Jin is only a villain because Lars is the designated hero, right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if a Tekken character does get in I hope they do a better job than they did of Heitchi in PSASBR.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well if a Tekken character does get in I hope they do a better job than they did of Heitchi in PSASBR.
Who's Heitchi? :troll: Anyway, i'm pretty sure that Namco wouldn't screw up making their own character. lol

Also, i feel like they did an ok job with Heihachi in PSASBR.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seeing as how Tekken 3 was the first video game I ever played.(yeah even before Mario,Sonic or Megaman)I'd be more than happy to see a Tekken rep in Smash, since Namco's helping with game development and all. Chances are it'll be Heihachi or Jin, given their status within the series, but it'd be cool to see Yoshimitsu too. Not to mention, we could have a battle of mustaches in Smash now.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heihachi seems to be the best choice. I just did some research and i learned that he is basically the official crossover character. He was in Pac-Man Fever, Soul Calibur 2, Smash Court Tennis 2, Ridge Racer 6 as a guest announcer, and finally Playstation All-Stars.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Heihachi seems to be the best choice. I just did some research and i learned that he is basically the official crossover character. He was in Pac-Man Fever, Soul Calibur 2, Smash Court Tennis 2, Ridge Racer 6 as a guest announcer, and finally Playstation All-Stars.

Yeah, I remember playing as Heihachi in the PS2 version of Soul Calibur 2, it was the first time he an English voice actor in a game I think.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, I remember playing as Heihachi in the PS2 version of Soul Calibur 2, it was the first time he an English voice actor in a game I think.
It was. IIRC, Kevin Michael Richardson did him in that game while his English voice is now Jamieson Price.

Just out of curiosity, what's so bad about Mr. Moose Hair in PSABR. And to cut them some slack, you're trying to condense an 80-90 movelist into a fraction of that. They had a tough time with that in Street Fighter X Tekken. It got to the point to where their playstyles didn't always line up with their Tekken counterparts. Just to give an example, Xiaoyu is an evasive somewhat zoning character in her native series. In SFxTK, she's more along the lines of a rushdown character. Then there's Heihachi who's generally more defensive but killer at whiff punishing in Tekken while SFxTK makes him play in a way reminiscent of Makoto from SF.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heihachi is actually one of the characters i use for casual play in PSASBR.

Anyway, heres the ideas i had for Heihachi's specials in Smash.

B: Tekken ball (
)
B Forward: Hell Axel
B Down: Spinning Demon (+ B: Spinning Demon uppercut)
Up B: Demon Uppercut + Rising Uppercut

I did that a long time ago.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How could you not include EWGF for a Mishima? That's practically their Hadouken.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nothing was wrong with his moveset per-se. Te problem was in the balancing against the rest of the cast.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It was. IIRC, Kevin Michael Richardson did him in that game while his English voice is now Jamieson Price.

Just out of curiosity, what's so bad about Mr. Moose Hair in PSABR. And to cut them some slack, you're trying to condense an 80-90 movelist into a fraction of that. They had a tough time with that in Street Fighter X Tekken. It got to the point to where their playstyles didn't always line up with their Tekken counterparts. Just to give an example, Xiaoyu is an evasive somewhat zoning character in her native series. In SFxTK, she's more along the lines of a rushdown character. Then there's Heihachi who's generally more defensive but killer at whiff punishing in Tekken while SFxTK makes him play in a way reminiscent of Makoto from SF.
Yeah, Kevin Micheal Richardson is pretty awesome. He also did Spawn's voice SC2 as well.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Strictly speaking, this will never happen.

But if I could choose one Tekken character to get in, it'd have to be this guy.

I agree tenfold.

King is easily the best fit.
Not the least because he's gimmicky and serious at the same time.
He also packs a lot of potential "Smash Stuff"

I am actually working on a Smash Moveset for him.
Will post it soon.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Lars is probably the only swedish character to... Well, not have a chance, but at least being debatable if he has a chance or not. That's all I think about Tekken and Sm4sh. :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Lars is probably the only swedish character to... Well, not have a chance, but at least being debatable if he has a chance or not. That's all I think about Tekken and Sm4sh. :p
Lars är så dryyyg.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyways, speaking of Namco, do any of you think they'll make the roster a lot more balanced this time around? I mean, chances are that's the case. Or will Smash 4 have that one character that's far more overpowered than the rest? And I'm not talking slightly better, I mean a character that's added that's glaringly overpowered.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's a shame because he's pretty boring compared to most main characters in Tekken.
Would much prefer Kazuya or Jin.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just had a weird dream where there was a new Smash trailer. Palutena, Mewtwo, Kuma/Panda, and Shulk were the confirmed choices.

Panda was confirmed as an alt costume. Didn't make much sense because there was weird temple stages that seemed completely original to the Smash series and the fact that Kuma/Panda was chosen over any of the Mishimas.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Stage: The Arena
Origin: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

The stage is a flat battle arena. However, there are stairs on each side that lead up to a high platform and in the center of the stage are the stage lights. They can be used as a platform also.

Hazard: The stage light can be knocked down onto the stage.

Key:
x = Empty space
__ = Platforms and the ground
VVV = The stage lights

xxxxxxxxxVVVxxxxxxxxx
__xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx__
xxx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/xxx
xxxx\___________/xxxx

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice

Mecha Mokujin w/ Pilot: Pac-Man

Kill two birds with one stone :troll:
If Pac-Man does get in this would make for a badass Final Smash.

Now for Tekken characters I think Jin should get in. Heihachi's probably more likely, but he was also in PSAS. I'm not saying he won't get in because of it, it's just that I'd prefer for ssb4 to be as different from Sony's game as possible. Just my opinion.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Know what would be cooler then any of the Mishimas?

Mokujin. He could have moves from nearly every Tekken character as his moveset. (Composite Tekken rep)

The only problem is the final smash. :/

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice

Mokujin. He could have moves from nearly every Tekken character as his moveset. (Composite Tekken rep)

I wouldn't mind having Pac-Man be the only Namco rep if his final smash was the Mokujin mech. Pac-Man's more likely than any other Namco character and atleast this way Tekken still get represented.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I would think that Mokujin would just do some really awesome combo. Using the most iconic moves from a bunch different characters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would think that Mokujin would just do some really awesome combo. Using the most iconic moves from a bunch different characters.
Thats what makes Mokujin the coolest choice. He'd of course need the Tekken Ball also. :awesome:

I made this because i was bored. :troll:

>forgot it's on the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom