• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Pozer?! What the hell are you doing here?! Did you join just to post that? <.< Just know that we don't take kindly to furries round these parts. ;) :p

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Pozer?! What the hell are you doing here?! Did you join just to post that? <.< Just know that we don't take kindly to furries round these parts. ;) :p
I joined just to advertise this tournament, this is what I normally do when I invovle other games that the boards are familiar with.

Not to mention, there is a chance I might start taking SSB Brawl at a serious level.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I bumped up a very old corpus topic to advertise my tournament, only to have that topic closed for no reason. What's that about?

serach the forum for these types of things.
Durrrr, ok?:dizzy:
Let's just ignore the fact that I just bumped a topic that is almost a year old.

So, what mods can I send a complain to about this sisuation?

TGM

Smash Lord
bumping an old topic for a tourney isnt too good. just make a new thread advertising the tourney.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
2007 MLG Rules are out!!!!

They just released the new smash rules at mlgpro.com. Here are the changes, don't shoot the messenger, I'm directly quoting MLG:

1) Brackets will now be run by the built-in tournament feature in the smash game. This will make things WAY easier for us.

2) All matches except for finals and semi-finals will be played on Super Sudden Death Mode. This is because the tournament keeps taking all freaking weekend, and frankly, it's just getting old.

3) 4-minute Coin Battles instead of stock matches. Since we're lowering the 1st place prize from $2000 to a $50 gift card to Appleby's, we want the contestants to feel like they're actually making some money.

4) Marth is banned. Except for bluezaft, of course. Somehow, he just makes Marth even sexier. On that same note, the following stages are now banned: Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Great Bay, Brinstar, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Pokemon Stadium, Mute City, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom I and II, Icicle Mountain, Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Venom, Poke Floats, Big Blue, Fourside, Flat Zone, Final Destination, and Yoshi's Story 64.

5) Ken gets a handicap.

6) No more edgehogging. Why can't you guys just be nice and let the other player get back on the stage? Srsly.

Hmmmm. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
I can dig those rules. Bust out the Bowser and get your guaranteed fortress hit at the start of a 300% match. Win every **** time.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
bumping an old topic for a tourney isnt too good. just make a new thread advertising the tourney.
I didn't really want any strong advertising so I decided to bump up an old topic named "Corpus tournaments", and guess what, the tournament is in corpus!!! Whats funny is that I was told to search for stuff like that, lol. Obviously by his logic, bump a topic thats about 8 months old isn't searching. Jeez, these boards must be really dead or something, lol.

I dunno, some people are just straight up ********, even if they are mods.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
haha, Chris....at first I actually believed your post. I read the fist rule and was like, "what?!?!? They can't be serious!!!!?!?!?!? That SUCKS!!!!" then i read the second rule, and realized I'm gullible. <3

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I have an announcement to make.

I have just finished writing an essay for Humanities. The prompt was to describe a subcultural that I'm apart of, and I wrote about Smash.

There are 1337 words in all (no joke).

I love you all.

EDIT: On second thought, I only love the vast majority of you.

leprechaun

Smash Ace
I have an announcement to make.

I have just finished writing an essay for Humanities. The prompt was to describe a subcultural that I'm apart of, and I wrote about Smash.

There are 1337 words in all (no joke).

I love you all.

EDIT: On second thought, I only love the vast majority of you.

yes love is in the air, or is that fog...........any who ........yes love

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I <3 your sig.

And texas thread ftw.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Roy_R, try posting in the other Houston area topics and not in this one. You'll find plenty of smashers in the Houston area...and some upcoming tournaments as well.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes..Go to HOST 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom