• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Go Benz! You better win, don't let a H-town smasher show you up =)
Hylian you still have to play Aba too. He's the CC Samus and is pretty good.
So is JF the best monkey in TX?

Edit: Waco smasher ^^; Thanks Nick, I didn't know... I just knew he went to host..., are you watching MLG on VoD?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Of course I am the best monkey. I am the Proudest Monkey! When I'm playing well I dare say my Puff is up there as well, even tho only like, 3 people play Puff in TX. So, Ben still plays? And Hylian isn't from Waco, he's just going to school there.

K1T3

Smash Lord
I think Zulu and Sand are the only 2 known puffs... so I guess you could be 3rd best puff =)
My friend Gale is a pretty decent puff.
Ben is kinda playing ish... just for a little bit for the SAC vs UTSA battle...

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Of course I am the best monkey. I am the Proudest Monkey! When I'm playing well I dare say my Puff is up there as well, even tho only like, 3 people play Puff in TX. So, Ben still plays? And Hylian isn't from Waco, he's just going to school there.
dude no :p im the proudest ape in tx and in cali :p

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Yes, I do still play, but only for the SAC vs. UTSA battle. I have a couple of things I have to mention:

I owned Nick @ smash.
JF still owes me $40.00.
Dyse aka Little Ben won't MM JF until JF owes me the money he owes me.
Robby sucks @ smash.
(towards Tommy): My Fox is hella better now, I feel like I don't need my Samus to take you on now. :]
I've become one with the darkside.

That is all.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Majin, I won't pay you unless you accept my rematch offer. And lol @ Little Ben being serious about playing me.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
oh, Ben, don't you owe me $10??? yea, i paid your entry fee at the last bluefork. actually $11 because you never paid me for that $1 money match either, haha :)

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Majin, I won't pay you unless you accept my rematch offer. And lol @ Little Ben being serious about playing me.
You know what, you better not bull**** this time. Before I accept anything, I want to know what the rematch offer is...

Forkgirl: Um, I told you to remind me when you saw me so I could pull the money out or else I'll forget. ._.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
jfs dk> majins anything in terms of sexy :p
sry majin but dk users who play with their finger holding the joystick is just to sexy :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ben I accept the Money Match. Go to HOST 2.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
bluefork tourney at christmas?!?! whoa!!!! lets not go spreading rumors...as of now theres nothing of the sort. we shall see though.

and Kyle, they cant fire you...they need you because your coworker just quit.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
bluefork tourney at christmas?!?! whoa!!!! lets not go spreading rumors...as of now theres nothing of the sort. we shall see though.

and Kyle, they cant fire you...they need you because your coworker just quit.
Taylor! We so need another all night lock in tourney...... save the part where the smashers can't get a breath of fresh air every now and then, and the supervisors not letting us use memory cards. Besides, Sos comes back for the holidays and no tourney? For shame!

And there's no way I'm going to get off by calling in. I already asked for it off and didn't get it, and it's THREE DAYS. There's nothing I can do. I just need to hope that we get more people that don't quit without a 2 week's notice.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
OK, I thought about it, but I'm certain I don't want to accept your MM JF. Besides, I already "technically" payed you for that MM back in the New Years Eve lockin Tournament.

I Lost a 10.00 MM

I ask you for a MMR (Money Match Rematch) which you accept, originally it being @ $200.00 but Wes tells me that is a ridiculous amount so I had it changed to $50.00. After winning, it was only $40.00 that you owe me now since by giving up $40.00 instead of the original $50.00, there'd be no need to give up the $10.00 I originally owed you. It would be pointless to just give you $10.00 then you give me $50.00 so $40.00 is what you owe. I decline anymore MM's from you and I just want the money you owe, the money we agreed to paying to whoever had lost the match. Besides, Rob and Nick are right, it's stupid that I have to accept your rematch in order for you to give the money you owe me. Like I said several times before, I don't want to accept the MM, I just want the money you owe. Why don't you just fess up, be a man, and do the **** right thing JF and stop being a homo about the whole thing.

And even if I did accept your rematch and I ended up winning again, would you actually pay that money to me, plus the amount you should have gave to me already? I honestly don't believe so, so I'm going to save you the trouble and decline the rematch.

Bashura

Smash Rookie
Hi guys. I'm new to the forums and was wondering about events in the area. Things like how often are tourneys/get-togethers held and where at usually? I looked through 9 or 10 pages on the thread but there's so much to read. If anyone could fill me in, that would be great. Thx :D

Bashura

Smash Rookie
Its in central TX, about 25 min south of Waco and about 45 min north of Austin on I-35. Its a little crappy city that doesnt even show up on some maps.

Mr.C

Smash Master
theres alot of Austin smashers, you wont have trouble finding peeps to play.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Taylor! We so need another all night lock in tourney...... save the part where the smashers can't get a breath of fresh air every now and then, and the supervisors not letting us use memory cards. Besides, Sos comes back for the holidays and no tourney? For shame!

And there's no way I'm going to get off by calling in. I already asked for it off and didn't get it, and it's THREE DAYS. There's nothing I can do. I just need to hope that we get more people that don't quit without a 2 week's notice.
uhh what he said :p

OK, I thought about it, but I'm certain I don't want to accept your MM JF. Besides, I already "technically" payed you for that MM back in the New Years Eve lockin Tournament.

I Lost a 10.00 MM

I ask you for a MMR (Money Match Rematch) which you accept, originally it being @ $200.00 but Wes tells me that is a ridiculous amount so I had it changed to $50.00. After winning, it was only $40.00 that you owe me now since by giving up $40.00 instead of the original $50.00, there'd be no need to give up the $10.00 I originally owed you. It would be pointless to just give you $10.00 then you give me $50.00 so $40.00 is what you owe. I decline anymore MM's from you and I just want the money you owe, the money we agreed to paying to whoever had lost the match. Besides, Rob and Nick are right, it's stupid that I have to accept your rematch in order for you to give the money you owe me. Like I said several times before, I don't want to accept the MM, I just want the money you owe. Why don't you just fess up, be a man, and do the **** right thing JF and stop being a homo about the whole thing.

And even if I did accept your rematch and I ended up winning again, would you actually pay that money to me, plus the amount you should have gave to me already? I honestly don't believe so, so I'm going to save you the trouble and decline the rematch.

wow dude u sound like a freaking lawyer O.o but ur right he owes ya money :p

forkgirl

Smash Lord
I was gonna have a two day tourney in december, but now our church is charging $300 a day to use tripoint :(
but i talked to jaime (youth minister) about them having a lockin or big event and the tournament being a part of it, so we wouldnt have to pay. he said yes, but as of now, theres no date...so it's in the making.

and dont worry, Last year Luis was in charge and he was awful (we had to sneak the entrance fee from everyone becuase he didnt let us charge) but Jaime is a lot cooler!

(haha, but you WERE allowed to use memory cards...just not in that one tv that the church owned. Thats why we had our own TVs, Kyle) :)

K1T3

Smash Lord
I had to play MrC on the no memory card one and there were no stages =( (lol it didn't matter anyways though since I sucked and he would **** me horribly regaurdless)
Yay Christmas Bluefork hopefully! Maybe I won't get last again =) Yay Sos for being OOS now =P
Benz, you're going to **** me... I don't get to play anymore T_T Noel ***** me with his Gannon... and he doesn't even play gannon...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
JB for Jordan's *****

It's kinda ironic because my intials are JBF and I usually just inital things JB.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Hey I know!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Valley can make a tourney, if we we get 10 of you guys to commit we can have one. Crystal city will vouch that last time we had a pretty big turnout just from valley people alone plus 3 from CC it was about 55 people.

Bashura

Smash Rookie
So how often are there get-togethers around here? I would like to join one, but I want to stay away from actual money tourneys. I'm just now recovering from losing my job and I'm not confident enough in putting what little money I have left on the line.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
You don't have to put money on the line; you can simply come and play for free. There are typically smash sessions every Friday at the University of Texas at Austin, specifically in a wide open public area of Jester dormitory. Details will be provided as needed (if you decide you want to play).

If you ever feel like playing on any particular Friday, then simply come here and ask people a day (or more) beforehand, and we will try and set up smash with a decent amount of people (~8-10) with approximately 2-3 TVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom