• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Hey I know!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Valley can make a tourney, if we we get 10 of you guys to commit we can have one. Crystal city will vouch that last time we had a pretty big turnout just from valley people alone plus 3 from CC it was about 55 people.
well ours will be in December...

tsetse

Smash Lord
Disclaimer:

This is in no way a shot at san antonio or anyone else.

Why don't you guys come down to the valley? I mean we constantly offer housing and advertise months in advance for our tourneys. We in the valley are trying to figure out a way to get you guys to come down here. So post up a wishlist as to what the valley would have to do to get you guys down here. Keep it serious, what do we have to do to get you guys to come down here. We would like to have another huge tourney but, we need your input to see what it would take to get you guys down here. For the record CC is the only town to come to our tourneys, thats prolly the reason they are so good they travel everywhere.

Thanks.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
If I was still San Antonio, I'd come down, and I'm sure a lot of others in San Antonio would too. In the year or so that I've been part of the competitive smash scene, I've only heard of one tournament at the valley (I don't know if this is the case, but I've only heard of one), and that was on the date we had scheduled a BlueFork, so obviously we couldn't have come. If you make a tournament, unless there is some unavoidable conflict, I'm positive you'll have San Antonians...especially with Forkgirl, who is WAY too obsessed with travelling to far-away tournaments.

So there are three reasons I can think of that could have caused a lack of San Antonio presence at your tournaments:
1) nobody in the entire city of San Antonio has a car except for forkgirl and her gas guzzler.
2) nobody in the entire city of San Antonio has any money except for forkgirl and her job at a church
2) conflicts (BlueFork 5)

By the way, I keep forgetting what "the valley" is short for...I used to know...

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Disclaimer:

This is in no way a shot at san antonio or anyone else.

Why don't you guys come down to the valley? I mean we constantly offer housing and advertise months in advance for our tourneys. We in the valley are trying to figure out a way to get you guys to come down here. So post up a wishlist as to what the valley would have to do to get you guys down here. Keep it serious, what do we have to do to get you guys to come down here. We would like to have another huge tourney but, we need your input to see what it would take to get you guys down here. For the record CC is the only town to come to our tourneys, thats prolly the reason they are so good they travel everywhere.

Thanks.
hmm id go rey but you would have to buy me a roundtrip plane ticket from cali to tx :p
put that on the wish list '--"

Gobz

Smash Apprentice
Woah, i had no idea rey was promoting or planning a december tourney. We did have an idea for a slightly bigger tourney in december since it's our halfway point in our valley smash season, but we don't want conflicts with other tournies. So as soon as you guys set a date post up so us valley folk can make plans to attend, aswell as schedule around it. However, Valley is calling dibs for late June tourny for sure, barring that there's no MLG tournies, or major nation wide tournies to compete with. Planning for this will start some time in december, with announcent in january or february. Majora is our mexican talent agent and trying to secure some of mexicos best to come up and play, so hopefully that falls through.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Any local laredo players?
Were looking for some smash players to join a tourney in november...
you're about an hour and a half away from crystal city. i'm sure they would be happy to come to your tournament if your prize for winning the tournament was large enough.

Bashura

Smash Rookie
I feel dumb. I was born here and have lived here my whole life and I have no idea where places besides Austin, San Antonio, and Waco are. I need to get a map XD

Akkad

Smash Cadet
Were thinking of either having the registration pot money to be the prize or a nintendo wii.
(This will only be a singles tournament..basically because we need more people to join and I don't know the exact rules for teams haha)

leprechaun

Smash Ace
Were thinking of either having the registration pot money to be the prize or a nintendo wii.
(This will only be a singles tournament..basically because we need more people to join and I don't know the exact rules for teams haha)

well i think money would be a better pize since you can give 1st , 2nd and 3rd prize money as with the Wii it would probaly be just first...

but im from CC hit me up on aim.........at leprechaun2041 or send me a private message on here

Akkad

Smash Cadet
I see.
Yeah that's a pretty good idea...
We just need help on advertising and getting more people to join.
Theres a decent ammount of players at my school...but still.
We want to get around 50 or more...

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
I used to have a car...... but all I have now is a lot of money and no time. Haven't been to any smash event since OC 2. Which I hope at the very least we can get together to watch the DVD. I'm looking for an excuse to hang:) I just need to get a car so I hang out later. No one wants to give ya a ride at 11 pm ya know.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
I used to have a car...... but all I have now is a lot of money and no time. Haven't been to any smash event since OC 2. Which I hope at the very least we can get together to watch the DVD. I'm looking for an excuse to hang:) I just need to get a car so I hang out later. No one wants to give ya a ride at 11 pm ya know.
**** dude its the oppisite for me lol a car with lots of time and no money llollolololol

Xelic

Smash Ace
Tsetse, the valley is far away. If you haven't noticed, there are only like 3 people in TX who actually own cars and are willing to travel. But besides that, all of our friends are *****es. Every time I want to go somewhere, Austin crew whines and complains and doesn't commit to anything. **** THEM. <3

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Jordan, whenever Wes doesnt want to go, you should travel with us!! :) We have lots of fun!!! we play paperscissorrock (NOT rockpaperscissors) while on the road. Never a dull moment :D

ClintX10

Smash Rookie
Man, I need to go to a competition or tourney, or something like that. I watched one when I was still really bad at smash, and I didnt really care for it. I remembered how fun it looked and now I just wanna join one. Especially if its here in Austin. Well...pretty much just here, or Dallas.

Mr.C

Smash Master
yur mom wants to go to a tourney especially if its in Austin/Dallas

burn son ITS THE MOST BALLEREST **** EVA

forkgirl

Smash Lord
everyone hates me...but thats okay...I think everyone is just embarassed that they've been saying "papper scissor rock" wrong all these years!!!!!!!

Mr.C

Smash Master
comprenda ssssa aayyyyyy

my spanish is a lil rusty since i spent my last 15 years in germany making babies

K1T3

Smash Lord
Omg! You're right! I just got really good with peach thx to you! Forkgirl is the best teacher ever!!!
So anyone want to smash this weekend?

tsetse

Smash Lord
Well we have monthlies, every month LOL.

This Saturday we are expecting about 30 people to show up so we always have tourney's down here, but yeah we realize we are far from everything but we also know we go out of town pretty often and we figure it be nice if you guys came down here every once in a while. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom