• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Actually DCX I do..I think I met you at 3Cgi lol and I know I met JF but I don't know if he remembers me....Anyways I'm at my moms in dallas right now so no can do but Its funny because I have your aim and I talked to you about playing with you guys before...When I get back Me and Lonniek will definitly try to play with you guys....Where do you usually play?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hey man. I do actually remember you. Whenever you get back in Austin give a shout. We'll try to work something out.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Where do you usually play?
We usually play at either Wes's house or my house. We both live within 7 minutes or so of each other. I live off of loop 360 in "Davenport Ranch," which is located in the Westlake area. Wes lives in Lost Creek, which is also off of loop 360.

Rarely, we play at UT Austin in the "Lan Cave" which is located in Jester.

Once we have played in this "theater" section of one of th UT dorms, but 95% of the time it is at one of our houses (wes or mine).

Clever

Smash Journeyman
Good games yesterday Austin guys. Everyone definetly got alot better. Wes plays a **** mean jiggly and BJ's falco is pretty insane. EM, Titan, and DCX always fun playin with ya guys. Cool seein Lep there too.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
But of course I WASN'T THERE!!! RAWR!!! :mad: :grrr:

Why didn't you tell me Cove was coming to Austin?! I was the 1st you ever knew of Austin! Bah you better come back again this summer when I can actually be there.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I'm going to be in Austin starting Friday, August 12, 2005. My fiancee and I will be living in our b!tchin' apartment, where almost every video game system known to man will be there with us, including:

Gamecube (2)
PS2
Xbox (2)
Nintendo DS (3, one for me, Holly, and her brother who will also live w. us)
Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Super Nintendo
Genesis
NES

Plus we have a spare room available WITH A BED to house people, so I can house any number of people who want to sleep on the same bed . . .

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Bahamut, if you're going to live there, then sometime around september, I'm going to visit a friend of mine, whos birthday is around that time. So when I visit her and then decide to leave, I was thinking I could have somewhere to stay the night because I want to smash with the Austin guys before I leave. I'll be visiting Austin on a weekend.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Keep in mind, people, my place is not an open door. That said, if you can give me advance warning, maybe something can be arranged.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Austin

Well it looks like I'll be in Austin for awhile, and by awhile I mean a good 4 years or more since I'll be attending UT >_>. I'll always be a DKrew-er tho =P

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, though UT has been quite a pain in the *** by not responding with a dorm yet, which is odd because everyone else I know INCLUDING my roommate has a dorm. Then they further screw me over by putting my mutual roommate with sum other guy so we're trying to fix that >_>. If it all goes well, I'll prolly wind up in Jester East.

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Welcome to UT, and get used to all the red tape too. If I were you I would call the houstin office and check that out, it seems pretty odd that they haven't given you your room assignment especially this late into the year.

Oh yeah, have you gone to orientation yet?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Cool, another Falco player who better than me. =/ I did pretty well against BJ yesterday tho. I'd like to see you two play. Glad to have some new comp Chang. :)

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Well, if you're gonna be on campus, I would recommend you get yourself on the UT DC++ Hub when you get there. When I left for the summer the Hub had 400+ users, each with their own collection of anime and other goodies*, and all at a transfer rate of about 1 Mb/second (which basically means you get an anime ep in about 45 seconds). They also usually get together every weeknight at the Jester 2nd Floor cafeteria at 5:45 p.m for Hub Dinner, which I for one will sorely miss, me not being in a dorm and all.

Here's a link to the site, which has every answer to every question you'd have.

For all you non-Longhorns, this is not for you. The Hub performs IP scans on anyone trying to enter, and if you aren't in a UT dorm you get blocked. Sorry.

Chang, I hope for your sake that in your dorm hunt, you don't get assigned to Simkins. Not so much as it's a bad dorm, but that it's SO BLOODY FAR AWAY FROM EVERYTHING.

*pr0n

EDIT: E-mouse just told me a rumor that the MPAA and RIAA will be watching the first couple of weeks. So keep it to perfectly legal unlicensed anime for now.

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks Cole, I'll check into that sometime.

JesusFreak said:
Cool, another Falco player who better than me. =/ I did pretty well against BJ yesterday tho. I'd like to see you two play. Glad to have some new comp Chang. :)
Sadly, I don't play Falco specifically anymore unless it's a tourney. I play random characters and mainly Mewtwo now :).

0klb

Smash Rookie
wow. I'm surprised at how many smashers in TX. Good Job getting in to UT. Sorry if I sound like a newbie. I was wondering, is there are any sizable smash communities around the Lufkin-Nacogdoches area?

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Oooooh, East Texas? I don't know anyone from around there personally, sorry dude.

0klb

Smash Rookie
That stinks. I'm a good Link player that can wavedash worth a flip. Thats why I want to go to a tourny so I can actually see a wavedash in action instead of video.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Wait, you CAN wavedash or you can't? Link's WD isn't all that big anyway . . .

BTW, if you go to the Artwork Emporium here on SWF and look at Bahamutess' thread, the paintings there are going on the walls of our apartment.

I can't freaking wait to move back to Austin . . .

eMs

Smash Apprentice
Link's WD is teh gh3y.

Anyways, everyone check out the Tomaball tourny and Fluffy sama's next monthlie. ****ing come to them!

Mr.C, stfu while your rofl and make sure you come with your crew, mmmkay?

0klb

Smash Rookie
Gah. Stupid error. I CAN'T. with any character at that. I'll probably lose if I went against anybody here me thinks. I checked those painting are very skilled IMO.

TheCoach

Smash Apprentice
yeah .... the coach is back on american soil and is pwning something

first of all i am all that is man
second sos got really drunk at my house and still pwnd majin link's ***
third i am like mother teresa all 100% man
umm wtf
i am a girl with a peinis............so is Mr C

Mr.C

Smash Master
first of all , I R SeXy
second Majin get's pwn'd by everyone ^_^
third SanDiego is short for "whales ******"
umm wtf
fo sho

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Haha

Ha, Majin got beat by a drunk guy, thats funny, but it makes me feel bad cuz he can beat me. I'm gettign better though.

Better than I was a month ago, I just kill myself to many **** times.

We need mroe SA tournaments.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Steve cant shine peachs and sos know's that so he take advantage of it. So while im over there wacking off someones getting downhitted.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I've played Smash drunk before. I can still land Falcon's knee, but I can't WD worth crap.

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Drunk smash is indeed great. I'm just glad that I can still float cancel when I'm drunk, or can I? Everthing is all blurry from that night but I do know that it was fun.

Cole I challenge you to a drunk smash battle best 2 out of 3.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Ok i take that back Steve can shine Peach's , but for some reason he doesnt.

Vinnyman

Smash Journeyman
uglywombat2004 said:
Now I wanna get drunk. lol

But I can't.
whynot dood...oh wait, are you underaged? :(
****..nvm....howbout a wine cooler? :psycho: =P

no no....i don't promote underaged drinking! ;)
and believe me, having a hangover ****ing sucks! :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom