• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 4 Stocked/Amazing Matches Thread (12/17/12 new: mayhem JV 5 stocks RT)

Cero

Smash Lord
I put it here because I thought this would be the most appropriate place to put it...

You think I should ask a mod to move it?

Cero

Smash Lord
Vids have been added. I've been grounded for weeks now and I've been finding it harder and harder to get on a computer. I'll update this thread every chance I get though.

Ummm... Which mod should I ask?

Also, I just happened to see your match between you and Stratford and decided to put it on my thread. Hope you don't mind. :)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Oh no its fine I was just wondering if you actually watched everything before that one cuz if you did...Bravo.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I just don't get it..

you keep putting stupid matches on the list while Armada vs Masashi isn't on it yet.

Hax

Smash Champion
omfg. i 4-stocked anther's pikapika at apex, but it wasn't recorded. :( me 3-stocking kage was. :)

Cero

Smash Lord
^^

Sorry. That match ended in a 3 stock. The lowest, I'll accept, is a JV 4. Please read the submission rules.

Also... my thread finally got moved. Yay! :bee:

Cero

Smash Lord
I've added the comeback match. But, for the Marth ditto, I'll need both the names of the players and which color Marths they were playing. Thanks.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
There exists an epic match, somewhere deep within the bowels of one of Scar's computers. An Epic Match of Scar vs Cactuar, where Cactuar's Magic Cactus Marth defeats the bold Scar's reckless Falcon on Yoshi's Story without taking a single percent of damage.

Scar will deny this of course. :laugh:

<3 you, Bob.

Cero

Smash Lord
There exists an epic match, somewhere deep within the bowels of one of Scar's computers. An Epic Match of Scar vs Cactuar, where Cactuar's Magic Cactus Marth defeats the bold Scar's reckless Falcon on Yoshi's Story without taking a single percent of damage.

Scar will deny this of course. :laugh:

<3 you, Bob.
I would love a link to that match. I really need another JV 5 match.

The number of matches between M2K and LOLMaster really degrades the quality of this thread.
Can you explain?
When I see a 4 stock, I automatically put it on the thread. There's no bias...
And, I don't think LOL Master's exactly considered a n00b. :ohwell:

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
I would love a link to that match. I really need another JV 5 match.

Can you explain?
When I see a 4 stock, I automatically put it on the thread. There's no bias...
And, I don't think LOL Master's exactly considered a n00b. :ohwell:
i guess it just gets really repetitive, really fast.

especially like marth falco....he just gimps all his stocks the exact same way over and over again

even though it's m2k, and lol master isn't like a noob, there should be SOME filter

putting ever 4 stock you see probably isn't wise....anyone could just upload a bunch, not necessarily guaranteeing quality

overall, amazing thread tho, no hard feelings :)

Cero

Smash Lord
nah that never happened

Why did you kill Mufasa? :mad:

i guess it just gets really repetitive, really fast.

especially like marth falco....he just gimps all his stocks the exact same way over and over again

even though it's m2k, and lol master isn't like a noob, there should be SOME filter

putting ever 4 stock you see probably isn't wise....anyone could just upload a bunch, not necessarily guaranteeing quality

overall, amazing thread tho, no hard feelings :)
Hmmm... I'm not sure what other "filters" to use.

I'd like to think of this thread as having an educational purpose as well. If both people were trying and they're at a fairly high level and it ends in a 4 stock, then the other guy must have been doing something right...

I don't want people to just watch these matches and witness the **** unfold. I want them to learn from the videos and actually put what they saw into their own games. No matter how repetitive the kills on the same person, by the same tactics are, they still worked. And, it's that person's fault for falling for it over and over again. When people see those mistakes, they remember them and try not to re-create them.

So... My philosophy was, the more vids, the better...

Rambling aside, if anyone has any suggestions, I'll be happy to listen. :)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
**** is **** no matter how repetitive it is.

Bets, I'm pretty sure that one has been added, if not. Shame on Cero.

Cero

Smash Lord
Omg. I remember that vid... Such an epic match!

The screaming in the background by (I think Gimpyfish?...) made the match even more intense. :)

How come Mango and Lucky don't team anymore?

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Omg. I remember that vid... Such an epic match!

The screaming in the background by (I think Gimpyfish?...) made the match even more intense. :)

How come Mango and Lucky don't team anymore?
They're probably going to team up for Genesis.

And they just did teams recently where M2K came over and teamed with Zhu. Mango and Lucky won. I was thinking about adding one of those vids from the grand finals. Mango and Lucky have 3 stocks total, and M2K and Zhu have 6 total...and Lucky and Mango destroy those 6 stocks before they lose one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZJrPw2vVSo <--Here's the vid. It's from this past weekend.

Top Bottom