• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 4 Stocked/Amazing Matches Thread (12/17/12 new: mayhem JV 5 stocks RT)

Pi

Smash Hero
Lol. Thunders -> rest is too good. :)
as far as I know...thunders forces a getup based on whatever button is being held at the moment, so if people would hold A/Left/Right, thunders would just force them to do that action as opposed to just standing up

Cero

Smash Lord
Oh. I thought it always forced a neutral get up regardless of the current input.

Good stuff.

I wonder if Zhu knew that... :ohwell:

Cero

Smash Lord
Wtf?

Was the other guy even trying?

... Oh well. Boss' Doc is amazing, regardless. Isn't this the same Boss that plays Mario in Brawl?

Cero

Smash Lord
Nope. Thanks.

That match-up's pretty gay for Roy. It was almost a JV 5. Lol.

Oh yeah, Junglefever. Is your avatar Ryou from Clannad? I friggin' love that anime. :bee:

Cero

Smash Lord

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Info on Thunders combo/neutral getup/jab reset.

the "thunders combo" is a fox waveshine to jab on characters that hit the ground after shine. If they miss their tech, you will jab reset them and you can do any amount of things after that, but it is no longer thunders after that, unless you follow up with another thunders combo (which can be done).

The jab will not always make them stand straight up. It depends on the fall acceleration as to if they can roll to one side at a given percentage. It also depends on the strength of the characters jab.

There are 2 ways to escape the combo, hold right or left (for some characters) or hold up, and you will land on your feet. At a certain percentage, one of these options is open to every character.

Because foxes fall acceleration is so much higher than everyone elses, he can be jab reset (straight up) with jiggs at any percentage below 72. at 73, fox can roll a different direction if he imputs it in time. Falco is 28% i think, and it goes down from there.

So basically, the jiggs jab reset>rest is very effective on fox, and less so on other characters, because they have a much smaller setup window.

Hope that cleared some stuff up =]

Pi

Smash Hero
Info on Thunders combo/neutral getup/jab reset.

the "thunders combo" is a fox waveshine to jab on characters that hit the ground after shine. If they miss their tech, you will jab reset them and you can do any amount of things after that, but it is no longer thunders after that, unless you follow up with another thunders combo (which can be done).

The jab will not always make them stand straight up. It depends on the fall acceleration as to if they can roll to one side at a given percentage. It also depends on the strength of the characters jab.

There are 2 ways to escape the combo, hold right or left (for some characters) or hold up, and you will land on your feet. At a certain percentage, one of these options is open to every character.

Because foxes fall acceleration is so much higher than everyone elses, he can be jab reset (straight up) with jiggs at any percentage below 72. at 73, fox can roll a different direction if he imputs it in time. Falco is 28% i think, and it goes down from there.

So basically, the jiggs jab reset>rest is very effective on fox, and less so on other characters, because they have a much smaller setup window.

Hope that cleared some stuff up =]

ephoenix6

Smash Rookie
About that JV 5 stock, yeah, I was just too intimidated to respond fast enough. And about that suicide, I was laughing too hard to play right.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Nope. Thanks.

That match-up's pretty gay for Roy. It was almost a JV 5. Lol.

Oh yeah, Junglefever. Is your avatar Ryou from Clannad? I friggin' love that anime. :bee:
Yeah it is, amazing show.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I KNOW RIGHT

Watch Kanon and Air if you WANT to cry. Both VN's by KEY like Clannad, both doen by KyoAni like Clannad.

Top Bottom