• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Amy Files - Currently Halted due to lack of time

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I'm Gonna start working on her Run!
or you could use YouTube, but whatever floats your boat :)
I'm gonna need to play My Sonic Adventure for this, so I can pause at crucial animation points and map it out! I'm gonna have my computer and tv side to side. lol! Can there any game that I could attempt to rip Amy animations from? Assistance would be Excellent.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Just like DragonBall Saiyans rule, Emarald characters can't be Girls sadly :(
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Burning_Blaze

The above link contains spoilers for Sonic Rush, you have been warned.

The Amy texture is looking great after what you did to it, Dxrn3ss. I was going to suggest you mess with her two "unknown" textures, "rim_soft" and "spc_body". The latter one is particularly suspicious because it's a solid black square that makes her model be entirely black when viewed in BrawlBox. You could try changing its color, erasing it and leaving a transparent texture behind, or messing with its alpha channel in Photoshop. If those steps don't work, try doing them with "rim_soft".

Those textures are probably part of the material shaders in M&SatOWG. They aren't fully supported by BrawlBox yet, which is why they don't quite work in Brawl after you export the BRRES. Removing them is probably the best option (if possible).

If it turns out that those two textures AREN'T responsible for the problem, then we'll know exactly which texture is to blame: "amy_face_s", the texture for her face. It's in CI8 format and requires a palette, so maybe BrawlBox messed up when exporting it.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Can you gime the files? because, i'll try to make she brighter, and i'll try with some animations, if you agree PM me

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Burning_Blaze

The above link contains spoilers for Sonic Rush, you have been warned.

The Amy texture is looking great after what you did to it, Dxrn3ss. I was going to suggest you mess with her two "unknown" textures, "rim_soft" and "spc_body". The latter one is particularly suspicious because it's a solid black square that makes her model be entirely black when viewed in BrawlBox. You could try changing its color, erasing it and leaving a transparent texture behind, or messing with its alpha channel in Photoshop. If those steps don't work, try doing them with "rim_soft".

Those textures are probably part of the material shaders in M&SatOWG. They aren't fully supported by BrawlBox yet, which is why they don't quite work in Brawl after you export the BRRES. Removing them is probably the best option (if possible).

If it turns out that those two textures AREN'T responsible for the problem, then we'll know exactly which texture is to blame: "amy_face_s", the texture for her face. It's in CI8 format and requires a palette, so maybe BrawlBox messed up when exporting it.
Yea I changed the format for the face to match the body. It got rid of the pallete and the face loads right in brawl. Those weird textures, the "rim_soft" and "spc_body" have to be there. Erasing them leads to amy loading up solid shiny white. So its a fact they are somehow messing with her dark shading. I'm gonna mess around with it some more until i fix it. Thanks again...

BTW do you have PSA or animation knowledge or skills? Just curious...

Also I got another member to join the Amy Project... Looks like I'm making some progress!

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
We need animators really badly lol
I'm guessing your Wait 1 didnt go so well? I did that one without any visual reference, just learning the bones and how they move. I might be a little busy today, but I will have some very detailed waits, walks and runs done tomorrow. Im gonna study her motion in Sonic Adventure and try to replicate them almost exactly. Keep me posted with your progress, and PM me anything you do. What u think may not be good might in fact really be. Plus I can get ideas from your mind by looking at your work.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
The texture is already really bright. Its something involving her material. I have to mess around with it in Brawlbox to try to fix it.
okey, can i help with animation? i modified my sonic animation before, a little but i like him, i will try to do some animations for she

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
okey, can i help with animation? i modified my sonic animation before, a little but i like him, i will try to do some animations for she
Give me a day or so before i start handing this out. I need to make a list of attack and moves so all the animaters know what they are animating. Plus you have to animate everything from T-Stance...

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Give me a day or so before i start handing this out. I need to make a list of attack and moves so all the animaters know what they are animating. Plus you have to animate everything from T-Stance...
Okey i will play sonic adventure, sonic adventure 2(because ein 2player mode she is a playable character) sonci battle, and sonic fighters. see ya

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
i found sonthing interesting, amy has a hose kick, like sonic, and she can throw her hammer, and i foun the list of her atacks in sonic fighters
Code:
Amy Rose:

Stage:- Flying Carpet

Move Reference:			Command Input:

3 Hammer Hits			P,P,P
	Spinning Hammer			f+P
	Uppercut Hammer			df+P
	Squash Hammer			d+P (squishes opponent)
	Kamikaze Slide			f,f+P
	Hip Attack			f,f+K
	Mule Kick			K+G
	3 Kicks				K,K,K
	3 Spinning Sidekicks		df+K,K,K
	Jumping Vertical Hammer		u+P
	Toe kick, Scissor kick		u+K,K,K
	Jumping Toe-kick		u,K
	Stomp				U+K
	Diving Hammer			U+P
	Running Kamikaze Slide		Run+P
	Running Hip Attack		Run+K
	Hammer Projectile		d,df,f+P
	Ground Stomp			d+K (opponent floored)
	Air Punch			U,P
	Air Kick			U,K
	Horizontal Wall Launch		b+K (against wall)
	3 Hammer Hits & Jumping Hammer	P,P,P,u+P

Throws:

Head Vault			P+G
	Foot Stomp			d,d+K+G
	Opponent related throw		f,d+P+G (can't use on Sonic, Tails, Bark & Knuckles)
	"What's that?" (distraction)	b,db,d,df,f+P+G (makes opponent briefly vulnerable)

Evade Manoeuvre+P: Flooring Overhead Hammer
	Evade Manoeuvre+K: Toe kick (can be followed up with a Scissor Kick: +K,K)

And waht about, for her Down B, an explosive gift(is in sonic battle) like snake Down B, she can activate when she want.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
We need animators really badly lol
Amy has a ton of animations in M&SatOWG, but they're animations of her doing Olympic things like ice-skating or skiing, not kicking and punching and other stuff you'd expect from a fighting game. And in any case, I wouldn't know how to hex those files; they don't work the same way as MDL0s and require a tutorial of their own.

BTW do you have PSA or animation knowledge or skills? Just curious...!
Remember back when I first showed off the model, how I said there's no way I'm gonna do a PSA for her? Yeah, it's because I have no experience with it, no time to learn how to do it, and even just casually glancing through the technical terms related to PSA/Animation/Bones gives me a massive headache.

Look elsewhere, buddy. :p

EDIT: You were asking for non-hammer moves earlier, correct? I'd suggest Boxing. Amy took up boxing as a form of exercise in Sonic Battle and many of her moves there used boxing gloves. I suggest you use Little Mac's gloves and put them on Amy using Mr. Weegee's guide in the Fully New Character Archive topic.

However, this topic seems to have lots of ideas and not much content to support them so far. You might want to scrounge around the PSA topics and the Fully New Character Archive for people who seem decently experienced at PSA, then start PMing them to request they teach you how to use the program. I'm sure most would be happy to show you the ropes, so to speak.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Amy has a ton of animations in M&SatOWG, but they're animations of her doing Olympic things like ice-skating or skiing, not kicking and punching and other stuff you'd expect from a fighting game. And in any case, I wouldn't know how to hex those files; they don't work the same way as MDL0s and require a tutorial of their own.

Remember back when I first showed off the model, how I said there's no way I'm gonna do a PSA for her? Yeah, it's because I have no experience with it, no time to learn how to do it, and even just casually glancing through the technical terms related to PSA/Animation/Bones gives me a massive headache.

Look elsewhere, buddy. :p

EDIT: You were asking for non-hammer moves earlier, correct? I'd suggest Boxing. Amy took up boxing as a form of exercise in Sonic Battle and many of her moves there used boxing gloves. I suggest you use Little Mac's gloves and put them on Amy using Mr. Weegee's guide in the Fully New Character Archive topic.

However, this topic seems to have lots of ideas and not much content to support them so far. You might want to scrounge around the PSA topics and the Fully New Character Archive for people who seem decently experienced at PSA, then start PMing them to request they teach you how to use the program. I'm sure most would be happy to show you the ropes, so to speak.
There will be plenty of new content in a day or two. I have a problem though. Is it true that dedede's pac CANNOT be open in Smash Attacks? I thied and it can't. I also saw a post saying that Dedede, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard's Pacs cannot be open, but there is a Charizard hack moveset. Looks like I'm gonna have to start from scratch on another base. Probably the ice climbers.

There is a way to remove nana completely, right?

EDIT: Nevermind. Alphatron pointed out how I can. Thanks.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
i found sonthing interesting, amy has a hose kick, like sonic, and she can throw her hammer, and i foun the list of her atacks in sonic fighters

And waht about, for her Down B, an explosive gift(is in sonic battle) like snake Down B, she can activate when she want.
Leaving out her Heads up! move from Sonic the Fighters would be a **** shame but it would probably be pretty hard to do until you edit the fallen tools from D3's minions.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I'm up and back at it again!

I started from scratch last night cause i didn't like my thought up animations so I popped in my Sonic adventure and attempted to imitate some of her motions there. Its coming out well

Done so far
All Items Grips
Wait 1
Wait 2
Wait Item
Guard
Guard ON
Guard OFF
Guard Damage
WalkSlow

Is there a way in PSA to call which animations are used, cause Dedede has like 1000 animations I dont need?

I'll be working on this all day so I expect to make some progress. I just needed a little break. Ok back to it for me...... EDIT: I'm gonna eat first. LOL

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Is there a way in PSA to call which animations are used, cause Dedede has like 1000 animations I dont need?
If the name of the animation is found in the PSA, then it's used in the moveset. That's why you can add animations. Even if you leave the new animation named "NewNode01", if you put "NewNode01" somewhere in the moveset, it will use that animation. Conversely, if it isn't in the PSA, it's not used.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
If the name of the animation is found in the PSA, then it's used in the moveset. That's why you can add animations. Even if you leave the new animation named "NewNode01", if you put "NewNode01" somewhere in the moveset, it will use that animation. Conversely, if it isn't in the PSA, it's not used.
Thanks! That let me know that I 'm not editing the like 20 animations for his neutral B.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
If you want Tails' hammer so that you can re-texture it to Amy's, I can send it to you.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
did you guys already ask Wave Katsunagi, he did a lot of sonic related PSA's and he might be interested in doing one...maybe even some animations

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm ready to make some alternate costumes, so... can I have her sprite sheet or the model?

Also, did you use the low-poly Sonic & Mario 2 model? If she works, I'm sure some other people will... *schemes*

Top Bottom