• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Amy Files - Currently Halted due to lack of time

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating

hey guyz wats goign on in tis thrad

Remember how I kept saying the Winter Olympics game wouldn't have any animations worthy of attacks in a fighting game?

I forgot about Hockey. Amy can use her hammer in place of a hockey stick, which gives her a ton of animations for her tilts and smash attacks. And Curling could be used the same way, for dash attacks and such. She's got some defensive hockey moves too, but I dunno what they'd be used for. Shielding? Dodging?

Anyway, it seems the only questions left now are aerial attacks and special moves.

EDIT: Wow, there are even animations that can be used for the charging-up of Smash Attacks. Color me delighted.

EDIT 2: NIGHT OF THE EDIT: Her defensive hockey moves work like attacks too! Whee!

EDIT 3: BACK WITH AN EDITANCE: Just looked at the "Keeper" animations Amy uses when she's the goalie. "ihn1kep_01_10" is a great crouching animation, "ihn1kep_01_13" is a great side-dodge.

EDIT 4: WHEN IN DOUBT, EDIT: "ihn1dmg_00_01" and "ihn1dmg_04_11" are great pinwheeling-arms animations for when Amy is on the edge of a stage.

EDIT 5: THE EDITNATOR: Oh sweet baby Jesus, "ihn1dmg_02_00" and "ihn1dmg_03_00" are tripping animations. I love this CPK.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman

hey guyz wats goign on in tis thrad

Remember how I kept saying the Winter Olympics game wouldn't have any animations worthy of attacks in a fighting game?

I forgot about Hockey. Amy can use her hammer in place of a hockey stick, which gives her a ton of animations for her tilts and smash attacks. And Curling could be used the same way, for dash attacks and such. She's got some defensive hockey moves too, but I dunno what they'd be used for. Shielding? Dodging?

Anyway, it seems the only questions left now are aerial attacks and special moves.

EDIT: Wow, there are even animations that can be used for the charging-up of Smash Attacks. Color me delighted.

EDIT 2: NIGHT OF THE EDIT: Her defensive hockey moves work like attacks too! Whee!

EDIT 3: BACK WITH AN EDITANCE: Just looked at the "Keeper" animations Amy uses when she's the goalie. "ihn1kep_01_10" is a great crouching animation, "ihn1kep_01_13" is a great side-dodge.

EDIT 4: WHEN IN DOUBT, EDIT: "ihn1dmg_00_01" and "ihn1dmg_04_11" are great pinwheeling-arms animations for when Amy is on the edge of a stage.

EDIT 5: THE EDITNATOR: Oh sweet baby Jesus, "ihn1dmg_02_00" and "ihn1dmg_03_00" are tripping animations. I love this CPK.

AMAZING! SPEECHLESS!:laugh::chuckle::bee:

I got the hammer on, now I just need to re-position it.
Great Job Weegee. Thatnks to both fo ya, it seems like this project will go extremely well

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
So it turns out that in the Ski Jump event, Amy gets to use a special move to increase her flight distance after she launches off the ramp and is in midair. During this special move she spins around and essentially does Link's Up Special.

I thought she used her hammer during this move, but unfortunately there is no model for it in the files. Instead there's a weird model of a doughnut that surrounds her while she's spinning, inside of which effects get shown. There are heart texture effects and tornado texture effects, among others.

...Add the hammer to this and I think it might be enough for a special move all by itself.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Congrats on having a great amount of progress, I'd like to contribute any help I can.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I just wanted to say I am quite intrigued that Amy is given more attention than other characters. Keep up the good work.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Alright, positioned the hammer correctly!

I'll PM you the file.

Oh, and in a stage I played on where shadows aren't shown, Amy was invisible.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Amy needs to be bigger, she is almost as large as Sonic. Go watch any episode of Sonic X, their heights are the same, with Amy just seeming slimmer due to her quills, and possibly a little bit. She still looks out of place when compared to Sonic.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
I think she's perfect! and I dont even like amy! Finish the work on her hammer textures and that shadow problem and you'll be set! We need that clone engine nao...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Dude...It's SAKURAI. Not "Sakura". Fix that. XD

Nice to see this is going to smooth though. :3

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
hmm if your still thinking about attacks try playing sonic DX director's cut as well ^^

also i hope its possible to put facial emotions on Amy

ps i see on the 12th picture a panty shot of Amy's underwear 0.0

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Lol what is her own speacial stage going to be, Realm of Sonic?
Sound Ok to me! I'm just not very good with textures.

Dude...It's SAKURAI. Not "Sakura". Fix that. XD

Nice to see this is going to smooth though. :3
Done! I thought it didn't have the "i" but... oh well

hmm if your still thinking about attacks try playing sonic DX director's cut as well ^^

also i hope its possible to put facial emotions on Amy

ps i see on the 12th picture a panty shot of Amy's underwear 0.0
I already did, and I already have her hammer motions from that game involved in the moveset already.
When Kryal finished the model builder, I can get the hi-poly model, which has many facial expressions.

Yes. This.
That would be great... maybe we should arrange it?

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a joke...

Well, it should at least be Realm of Amy.

Or, what other Amy related things are out there?
I don't know... to be honest. I was thinking about an Amy themed stage but nothing comes to mind, except for hearts and flowers (btw I might need a little help adding Peach's hearts to amy's animations) Maybe a texture of something like Amy's room or something.

Loads of pink and a Sonic photo?

I don't know. For this I am open to all and any suggestions

DarkSamus12

Smash Cadet
Hey dxrkn3ss pm the new password to download the amy+ fitmotion etc file because when i tryed to download it it says the password you gave me was incorrect so please pm the new password so i can get some stuff fixed alright

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
When I try to think of a stage for Amy, i think something like Toy Kingdom from Sonic Advance 3. That is where you unlock her and idk the bright colors and ballons and such. Twinkle park was her first real playable stage in any game and it shares a lot in common. Idk just speculation

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Lol what is her own speacial stage going to be, Realm of Sonic?
God no. The only good one was Captain Falcon and that wasn't really all that funny, just epic. All others are pointless. Also, who's to say that all custom characters need a stage to go with it? Waluigi doesn't have one. Not even all the vanilla characters have stages from their games. ROB, for instance. And there isn't a stage for every character either. I think Amy could really do without a stage because the time and effort would be better spent on creating a balanced, bug free character that's fun to play as.

Done! I thought it didn't have the "i" but... oh well
Yeah, well Sakura means "cherry blossom" and it's a name typically attributed to girls. Cardcaptor Sakura, Sakura from Street Fighter Alpha, etc.

I don't know... to be honest. I was thinking about an Amy themed stage but nothing comes to mind, except for hearts and flowers (btw I might need a little help adding Peach's hearts to amy's animations) Maybe a texture of something like Amy's room or something.

Loads of pink and a Sonic photo?

I don't know. For this I am open to all and any suggestions
That sounds just like Amy's stage in Sonic Battle, but my question is would someone's bedroom translate well to a Brawl stage?

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Update: I'm just forgetting about a custom stage! All she needs is the Amy Theme brstm (which I already have) and some textures. Creating an Amy stage is officially closed

unless... someone makes a stage completely without my knowledge and then hands it down to me
otherwise, I will not be making Amy a custom stage!

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
Calling it now: Amy's stage will take place inside her brain, and will be filled with naked photos of Sonic in the shower. And wedding rings. Yes.

*ahem* So hey, I've been spending the past couple days researching sound files, in anticipation of giving Amy a voice in Brawl that doesn't sound like an obese penguin.

Good News:
  • I've acquired WAV files for the english voices in Sonic Heroes and Sonic & the Black Knight.
  • I can rip any music track I want from the Wii Sonic games now and turn it into a BRSTM.
  • I have partial rips of the sound files from Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Battle.

Bad News:
  • The voice files for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games and the sound effect files for Sonic & the Black Knight are compressed into .CSB files. This file type is known by the VGM community, but none of the programs I've come across are able to unpack these particular CSBs successfully; they have some sort of weird encoding on them. If the CSB does get unpacked, I always wind up with a bunch of unknown-type files that don't have file extensions. I've gotten as close as I can to making these files work anyway by opening them in Goldwave as Raw Sound, using the 16-bit PCM Unsigned Mono preset at 8000kHz, but even then the sound files are distorted by very loud static.
  • The rip from SA2 does not include Amy's lines. The Sonic Battle rip uses very low-quality sound files (which doesn't surprise me, it was released on the GBA).

The sound effect files in Black Knight include both the random stuff you'd expect like sword slashes and springs, but also the short "ha"s and "whoa"s and other sound clips that accompany certain character actions. If Amy takes a hit during a multiplayer battle and yells "Ouch!", that's a sound effect. Without those files, the only English voice files I can get from Black Knight are the ones that contain full spoken sentences. (There are a ton of these; the characters are very chatty and love to talk to themselves for no particular reason.) Since DeDeDe doesn't speak except when he's taunting or dying, we could replace only those files with Lisa Ortiz's lines and nobody would be the wiser. This option would involve a lot less work and would go much faster.

On the other hand, I've got the full collection of both SFX vocal lines and full spoken sentences from Sonic Heroes in WAV format, so theoretically we could replace every single one of DeDeDe's sound effects with Jennifer Douillard's voice. This would take a very long time but would be more extensive and give us more freedom with Amy's moveset.

Now, you might be wondering why I'm bothering with sound files right now. Sure, inserting SFX into Brawl is still extremely complicated and will remain so until BrawlBox gets BRSAR support, but planning ahead never hurt anyone. Plus, it is technically possible to insert SFX right now using VILE's tutorial. More importantly, I wanted to get one major decision over with:

Which voice actress should Amy use in Brawl?
Jennifer Douillard or Lisa Ortiz?

I am extremely aware of how important voice acting is to the Sonic fanbase, and how riled up people tend to get over it, so I'm gonna ask everyone to play nice. Don't write anything Amy wouldn't.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Great stuff, but too much for a down B! Maybe for her Final Smash. That reminds me. That is also a move. Time to add it to the OP
I was thinking base a down b on that. She slams her hammer into the ground and just the initial pink tower comes out of the ground. If used in the air she crashes down then does the same thing.

EDIT: New idea for B^. I can believe i didn't think of this before. Have her hold onto the Balloon from Sonic Adventure DX and have it carry her up, just like the machine that carries snake.

DarkSamus12

Smash Cadet
If you need help with the being thrown glitch i can help you just pm the model and fitmotionetc i can do it! so please please please pm the model and the fitmotionetc to me please.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, dxrkn3ss, what about to use my new stage for amy stage?
is a better version of green hill, but is of sonic's series right? XD

just try it, but isn't relased yet, but i can PMyou the stage.
(thanks to FrozenHobo for the lot of help)

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking base a down b on that. She slams her hammer into the ground and just the initial pink tower comes out of the ground. If used in the air she crashes down then does the same thing.

EDIT: New idea for B^. I can believe i didn't think of this before. Have her hold onto the Balloon from Sonic Adventure DX and have it carry her up, just like the machine that carries snake.
Thats cool but I already have her vaulting hammer thing set in stone for the up B

If you help with the being thrown glitch i can help you just pm the model and fitmotionetc i can do it!
I'm starting to think you just want my work. There is no proof of your knowledge on anything, anywhere on smashboards and to that I say NO.

Amy needs to be like 2 pikels smaller than Sonic, i mean shes tiny.
I don't know what happened. When I tested her on wolf, she was bigger than sonic. I guess I'll just scale everymtion by like 1.1 or something

Hey, dxrkn3ss, what about to use my new stage for amy stage?
is a better version of green hill, but is of sonic's series right? XD

just try it, but isn't relased yet, but i can PMyou the stage.
(thanks to FrozenHobo for the lot of help)
It's pretty cool. Not "Amy" Specific but is a stage I would use.

What are her bone names?
Do you really want the entire list?

I have given her proper TransN bone (worked for movement)
ThrowN (it only affected where I held the opponent for a grab)
TopN (did nothing)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I can't try the Jennifer Douillard on GW, it says it has an incorrect size and that it might be corrupted. Which games does she voice in?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Not amy specific?

Idk man but keeping sonics head trapped in a box seems like something amy would do to me XD

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
I can't try the Jennifer Douillard on GW, it says it has an incorrect size and that it might be corrupted. Which games does she voice in?
Why are you trying to open the voice sample in GoldWave? WAV files are like MP3s, just use a media player like WinAmp or iTunes to listen to it.

Jennifer voiced Amy in Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Battle, the Sonic Advance series, and Sonic Heroes. She's the "classic" Amy, from before 4Kids got involved with Sonic.

Top Bottom