• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Amy Files - Currently Halted due to lack of time

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
The size looks right, and as for the glitch, check her ThrowN bone. If that's not it, then it might be the bone names. Since Thrown animations are actually dependant on the character THROWING, the bones used in the basic Thrown animations may not exist for her, which is a problem that I dunno how to fix. :<

As for her weird pinky shield glitch, the Captain Falco model costumes for Captain Falcon do the EXACT same thing with the, um, right sleeve, I think. It's gotta be a bone index problem.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Shouldn't Amy be the same size as Sonic, or slightly shorter?
Actually, Sonic shouldn't be much taller than SHE is in that pic. Sonic... is kinda shrimpy, strangely enough. XD They buffed his size, like they did with Pikachu & Jigglypuff.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm ready to make some alternate costumes, so... can I have her sprite sheet or the model?

Also, did you use the low-poly Sonic & Mario 2 model? If she works, I'm sure some other people will... *schemes*
I PM'ed you the pac and pcs, is that ok or you'd rather the sheets?
EDIT: Yes it is the low poly Model!

In PSA.

Did you find a PSA'er yet?
Sadly No, but I'm still looking. I guess I might end up doing the Psa part myself, probably asking a lot of people questions

dxrkn3ss PM me the Amy model ill see what i can do
I PM'ed you the model too.

The size looks right, and as for the glitch, check her ThrowN bone. If that's not it, then it might be the bone names. Since Thrown animations are actually dependant on the character THROWING, the bones used in the basic Thrown animations may not exist for her, which is a problem that I dunno how to fix. :<

As for her weird pinky shield glitch, the Captain Falco model costumes for Captain Falcon do the EXACT same thing with the, um, right sleeve, I think. It's gotta be a bone index problem.
She has no ThrowN bone. Should I find the index of it and replace her bone of the same one?

Shouldn't Amy be the same size as Sonic, or slightly shorter?
This model is slightly shorter than Sonic. The rest of the brawl cast just seem kinda big...

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
interesting project wish i new how to animate ... oh well hopefully in the future instead of replacing characters and stages they can add characters and stages ^^

ps sweet that someone's thinking of a female sonic member ^^ i'm still surprised no one is working on big the cat or Dr.Eggman ...

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I did a quick test on the Ice Climbers and she can be thrown. However she can't throw at all! To top it off, using the side B causes nana to glitch like amy has been before. Then when the opponent moves, they get trapped in the glitch at all. Can some one send me a modified popo.pac that doesn't have nana included?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Woo, alternate costumes!

Well, I tried fixing her dark texture (normal Amy), but I made little/no progress, so yeah. I've got her green one, though.

By the way, you forgot to send me the FitDededeMotionEtc, too... :p

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm pretty sure RandomTBush is/was working on how to fix the texture issues with M&SWG models, I'd suggest asking him for help in that regard.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Woo, alternate costumes!

Well, I tried fixing her dark texture (normal Amy), but I made little/no progress, so yeah. I've got her green one, though.

By the way, you forgot to send me the FitDededeMotionEtc, too... :p
Oh! I done a decent share of animations. I just don't want any of my animations to leak just yet. Only members that are helping me with the animations and PSA can see them (sadly thats only me :urg:)

EDIT: Maybe Mr.Weegee and KyuubiDemon! And I PMed u

I'm pretty sure RandomTBush is/was working on how to fix the texture issues with M&SWG models, I'd suggest asking him for help in that regard.
He seems too busy. I PM'ed him and he never got back to me...

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Man, I feel kinda bad for turning you down earlier, your project is in quite a crisis state. Nobody is helping you with the PSA problems?

I've changed my mind, I can help you with the animations a bit, but I can't be the only one hexing them. In fact, if this project is going to succeed at all I'm going to need a lot of help. There are literally hundreds of animations for the Figure Skating event alone, not counting all of the other sports events in the game. I can't do it all by myself, especially when I've got schoolwork to do. So...

If anybody else wishes to help with the animation hexing for Amy, PM me and I'll send you her CPK file, since sending one file is way easier than sending the hundreds of BRRES files individually. You can open the file using the CPKUnpacker in the Utf_tab Suite here. From there, just follow my guide on how to hex the CHR0 files in the MDL0 thread.

Anyway, some new animations for you guys:

Wait 1:

Win 1:

Win 2:

Lose:

Her lack of facial expressions is starting to bug me, but there's nothing that can be done about it until the MDL0 rebuilder comes along.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
When she does her win/lose poses does she repeat them like that or cycle the ending? Like does and just stay down shaking her head or does she magically pop back up and fall again? Regardless VERY nice job on these!

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
When she does her win/lose poses does she repeat them like that or cycle the ending? Like does and just stay down shaking her head or does she magically pop back up and fall again? Regardless VERY nice job on these!
She cycles the ending, which is stored as a separate animation. In her lose animation, she starts crying at the end and never stops. Shame on you, random player who made her cry! Shaaaaame!

Also I didn't make these animations and neither did Dxrn3ss, I ported them straight from the Winter Olympics game. That's why I'm comfortable showing them to you, since if you felt like it you could see them yourselves at any time by playing that game.

THE MANY FACES OF AMY ROSE:

"Hmm, a Sonic fan-site?"

"Hey, someone drew a picture of me!"

"Wait, what the...?"

"Oh God..."

"EWW!!"

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Those animations are sweet! I lol'd at your short story there. So cannot wait until Amy's playable, especially if we can get her voice clips in-game (and in PAL -_-) too.

DarkSamus12

Smash Cadet
dxrkn3ss I can't download your FitMOtionETC because it says its private can you please make it unprivate so i can download it please!!!!!!!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
if you manage to figure out the problem with the pinky, grab glitch, etc, let me know plz. having the same probs with silver
Klonoas Ring used to grow like 5 times bigger when he sheilded, it changed to one of his pant legs :D

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I don't know why I'm being so slow with this project... anyways: this.

Super Amy. I didn't know exactly how to make her, as there's never been an official Super Amy, so I had to look at...*shudder* fan art...

I decided to make it the way I thought wold look best, those...pictures...are easily described by the picture on upper post.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why I'm being so slow with this project... anyways: this.

Super Amy. I didn't know exactly how to make her, as there's never been an official Super Amy, so I had to look at...*shudder* fan art...

I decided to make it the way I thought wold look best, those...pictures...are easily described by the picture on upper post.
It looks really good! I would have to say go a little lighter with the yellow though but great job!

Klonoas Ring used to grow like 5 times bigger when he sheilded, it changed to one of his pant legs :D
So that hasn't been fixed with your team yet? I guess its a bone Issue...

Man, I feel kinda bad for turning you down earlier, your project is in quite a crisis state. Nobody is helping you with the PSA problems?

I've changed my mind, I can help you with the animations a bit, but I can't be the only one hexing them. In fact, if this project is going to succeed at all I'm going to need a lot of help. There are literally hundreds of animations for the Figure Skating event alone, not counting all of the other sports events in the game. I can't do it all by myself, especially when I've got schoolwork to do. So...

If anybody else wishes to help with the animation hexing for Amy, PM me and I'll send you her CPK file, since sending one file is way easier than sending the hundreds of BRRES files individually. You can open the file using the CPKUnpacker in the Utf_tab Suite here. From there, just follow my guide on how to hex the CHR0 files in the MDL0 thread.

Anyway, some new animations for you guys:

Wait 1:

Win 1:

Win 2:

Lose:

Her lack of facial expressions is starting to bug me, but there's nothing that can be done about it until the MDL0 rebuilder comes along.
These are amazing! Wow, I'm definately learning how to hex them. I know the game is loaded with them and this would make for an extremely realistic amy!

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Yeah, it really looks that way in BrawlBox. Better in-game, IMO.

Tip: If you're going to take pictures of Amy, do it on Pokemon Stadium 2, that usually neutrals the colors with other model hacks.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it really looks that way in BrawlBox. Better in-game, IMO.

Tip: If you're going to take pictures of Amy, do it on Pokemon Stadium 2, that usually neutrals the colors with other model hacks.
Aight! I'm thinking of attempting to make more animations today but...

after seeing those. I think I wanna get as many real, usuable animations i can. Even it it means I have to try hexing them out...

EDIT: On a lighter note, I'm gonna give amy a throwN bone and see if that fixes anything. Ill post results soon...

Ummm... giving her a ThrowN bone just made her hold grabbed characters above her head.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Aight! I'm thinking of attempting to make more animations today but...

after seeing those. I think I wanna get as many real, usuable animations i can. Even it it means I have to try hexing them out...

EDIT: On a lighter note, I'm gonna give amy a throwN bone and see if that fixes anything. Ill post results soon...

Ummm... giving her a ThrowN bone just made her hold grabbed characters above her head.
Held characters are locked to the ThrowN bone. My suggestion is that you move the ThrowN bone to where the character should be held.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Held characters are locked to the ThrowN bone. My suggestion is that you move the ThrowN bone to where the character should be held.
Aight! Thats a kool discovery. Do you know of the bone that dictates where you are thrown to? or is that dependent on the person throwing u? I wanna try to put sense into somehow fixing this being grabbed glitch.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Aight! Thats a kool discovery. Do you know of the bone that dictates where you are thrown to? or is that dependent on the person throwing u? I wanna try to put sense into somehow fixing this being grabbed glitch.
The ThrowN bone should be the solution to that as well. The ThrowN bone locks the opponent into that part of the throw as well (I believe it locks both ThrowN bones together). Where a character goes when they're thrown depends on the THROWER's animations. The ThrownF, B, etc animations are actually for anyone that's being thrown by the character.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Hey I think I figured out whats making Amy's texture so dark.

I've noticed a few things to come to this conclusion.

1 - Her texture is always darker on the back side of her (The side facing the backround, not the player)
2 - On levels like Pokemon Stadium 2, the front of her has the glow of the stage's color, so it had like a redish glow
3 - Her shadow is always covering her and always extends toward the backround.

Therefore, I think it might be possible that the shadows on top on injected models might be the reason of them darkening somewhat. I still think the stages have an effect too, but I'm starting to believe the shadow is a part of it...

EDIT: Even on light stages, the player side of her lightens up, but the backround side remains darker. I tried on several stages and the darker side is always overshadowed by her shadow!

YAY Post # 100

Top Bottom