• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

So Fatal

Smash Master
Well Friday, 1st round was FFAs and then 2nd round and after was 1 vs 1. Reason why there was FFAs in 1st and 2nd round were cause they couldn't secure another Brawl TV (cause the other room had it).

really, I found the tourny itself pretty confusing. Each staff gave me a different answer in terms of the finals, which made it hard for me to prepare propperly

well, I'm just glad I won Friday's tourny (got a white Japanese Controller. awesome :D). **** you Fatal for being too good ><;;

good games though. BIG shoutouts to D1, Linden, and Benny for training.
lolozlozlzozlzol GGs Rockin!!!!

never played a good bowser before lol!!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I had a blast playing friendlies this weekend, and the tournament was fun (although the lack of set-ups + one of the set-ups being a laggy projector wasn't that fun >_>). I was using the tag "ZOOT" most of this weekend if anyone was curious :D

*shakes fist @ fatal and unknownforce*

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
CRISMAS speaking because I'm too lazy to login to my real account...ALRIGHT, AB was awesome.

Next big one is Otakon! I know I promised Seb and Mike spots in my room. Who else asked for rooming? I can't provide too many spots b/c other people asked as well. But if anyone is interested I have another room at the Renaissance, and if want I can switch over ownership to you, if not I'm cancelling that room. The one I have that I'm keeping is the Days Inn :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Anime bostonnnnnnnn im here typing away...just being random here. I played so much Melee teams with tec0 last night lmaooo too good.
We raaaaaaaaaaped =D.

I also was playing lotsa doubles friendlies teaming with Dazwa and Darc and boxman Maine.

I love Maine :bee:

EDIT: Did anyone else eat at that burrito place that served burritos the size of a human head?

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
Me and BTree didn't see anyone there at anime Boston, we need to get numbers next time.

I had fun though, cya at Otakon!

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Ah, otakon. The time of year where you enter the otaku rave and feel on random girls bewbs, but you have to hold your breath while doing it cause that place STANKS

D1

Banned via Administration
Definitely had a great time at Boston saw mad amazing up north smashers played a lil Brawl, lil SFIV, lil SC4, and alotta Melee! XDDDD!

It was awesome seeing all you guys...I missed my MD/VA wtf where were you guys?!!

Get at all the old skoo smashers there, PC, Mofo, Bob Bang, KDJ, Darc, unknownforce (OMG WOW), SpicTom (grats on beating one of my best friend's from NY who mained Zangief his name was Jorrel) Kip, Dazwa, etc it was great seeing Fatal, Tec0, Mattdotzeb, Crismas, Alex Strife, Benny Blast, Rockin, OMG so many smashers I love you all!!!!!

Shoutouts to everyone I missed naming!!!

Btw...at the rave I definitely felt mad big butts on my crotch god****! and the chicks definitely did look good!!

Otakon I still am rooming w/ ya right Crismas? Tell me when ya wants MONIEZ K? ^_^

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Cris: Def, D1 you are rooming with us :) I'll tty about money stuffs later, I won't know the def price until maybe a couple weeks before the con but it'll be cheap.

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
Anime Boston was fun, played a lot of melee, they really needed 2 get a melee set up in the main room for more hype. Randomly running into D1, Jumpman, Crismas, Alex Strife, and Rockin was awesome : D and meeting a lot of new smashers was great. Irish Mafia (I think thats ur tag), get at me for making u get tight at my Mewtwo (back throws all day lol), and that Smasher Matt from Boston who was mad impressed by it. Also meeting KDJ was interesting, and watching him play TVC was funny, SWEEP THAT FLOOR WITH ROLL!!!! Also KDJ get at ur Guilty Gear game, want 2 see what you can do with that. Also randomly starting up a Wombo Combo trash talk during the GGXX tourny was 2 good lol.

Next stop hopefully Otakon, altho I still need 2 find room arrangements : /

forute

Smash Ace
CRISMAS speaking because I'm too lazy to login to my real account...ALRIGHT, AB was awesome.

Next big one is Otakon! I know I promised Seb and Mike spots in my room. Who else asked for rooming? I can't provide too many spots b/c other people asked as well. But if anyone is interested I have another room at the Renaissance, and if want I can switch over ownership to you, if not I'm cancelling that room. The one I have that I'm keeping is the Days Inn :)
meee but if there's not enough room don't worry about it, I'll be able to find somewhere to stay

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman

oh yea i might need help with that one, ill see tho, sent u a pm around 11 about it 2

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Hopefully, there's enough room for me ^^

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
idk lol the badges from 2008 were sexxy
Alex and Crismas said the same thing to me.

I was very T_T cuz of the badges this year.

I was planning on keeping the badge as a keepsake but since its so ugly this year I'm just gonna chuck it.

Crismas - I won't be able to come up with money for Otakon so I obviously won't be going to Otakon :(.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Fatal that was probably Chibi/Tiffany.

Tec0 - boo..=/ if you change your mind let me know.

Forte - you can stay with us, I got your pm from a while ago.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Anyone notice me at all? I was the one in teh Derby....supposed to be curly from the three stooges :p

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
lol your vid looks better then mine. I was kinda camera shy on what the hell to say since I never had a 15 minutes of fame before. Let alone a interview LOL
omg rockin, i saw u here.. but i was too shy to say anything XDDDD i was the light yagami that was around brawlz alot/on sunday had the wolf ears/tail

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
omg rockin, i saw u here.. but i was too shy to say anything XDDDD i was the light yagami that was around brawlz alot/on sunday had the wolf ears/tail
ahh, so that was you. lol

I saw a few of your matches (can barely remember them though lol). Don't be so shy next time. lol we have to play Brawl someday :D

thumbswayup

Smash Master

Thanks so much Cristin! Looks like we'll definitely need to be staying with you guys since Tim ended up canceling the room (least he said he was going to). Is the Days Inn real close to the convention center or is it a bit of a walk?

Crismas - I won't be able to come up with money for Otakon so I obviously won't be going to Otakon :(.
SDFEGTBSILFeagrwshwrWGWEG DOAG>YYDGOY>RGN >FWYEGUITQWFQFGQEFGSdfsdf

You ****ing scrub. Save some money. Be like Spamerer for a few weeks. I'm sure you'll save hundreds.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Actually Seb, I just realized I could go to Otakon because its in July which is not what I thought because I'm a ****in ******.

Now the only problem is that my chemistry final is on 7/20.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You try to beat a rolling Falco with Falcon with a BROKEN CONVENTION CONTROLLER

That was probably the most humiliating moment of my Melee career.

And this time we won't find out at the last minute that there was a liquor store right around the corner the entire time ROFL

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You try to beat a rolling Falco with Falcon with a BROKEN CONVENTION CONTROLLER

That was probably the most humiliating moment of my Melee career.

And this time we won't find out at the last minute that there was a liquor store right around the corner the entire time ROFL
No Johns, Thumbs :p

anyway, I'm debating on whether to room with Crismas, or to try and get my own room. Meh, we'll see in the future >>

Top Bottom