• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
You try to beat a rolling Falco with Falcon with a BROKEN CONVENTION CONTROLLER

That was probably the most humiliating moment of my Melee career.

And this time we won't find out at the last minute that there was a liquor store right around the corner the entire time ROFL
Do you mean you ACTUALLY lost to a convention scrub?

Please quit melee, try a less technical game like barbie horse adventures.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
**** Haley...

Rockin, good luck trying to get your own room cause they're all sold out. Unless you got a really ghetto hotel up in the ghetto of Baltimore.

Lobos

Smash Master
Otakon tournaments Schedule are up....

Friday
Mario Kart Wii 2pm
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (4 player melee) 4pm
DDR Heavy (DDR X - JP) 5pm
DDR Standard (DDR SuperNOVA 2 - JP) 5pm
Soul Calibur IV (PS3) 6pm
Street Fighter IV (PS3) 8pm

Saturday
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (1 on 1) 12 pm
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection (PS3) 2pm
Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3 4pm
Rock Band 2: The Guitar (360) 6pm
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2) 8pm

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Can't someone talk to Otakon staff and get a Melee one going?

:laugh:

No seriously.

LOL, anyway Tekken is tempting as is DDR just for fun.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I need confirmation from some people that this list is accurate in who is staying with me for Otakon here:

• Seb (confirmed)
  • Mike (confirmed)
  • Rei
  • Korn
  • Forte
  • Rockin
  • D1 (I already know this is positive)
  • Vanz (unsure...?)
  • Tec0 (I'll find out later)
NOTE: this list isn't the whole list just smashers there are a few others who I didn't list up here.

Right now, just making a quick list there's a lot of people staying in my room LOL some people aren't official yet, and on the fence...so I guess it's going to change over time. So I can't really assure anyone who didn't ask prior that they'd get a room with me. However, I am talking to Khanti about him taking my second room sooo maybe you guys can room with him (I guess if he wants he'll make a post about it).

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Crismas - what would you say is a good amount of money to bring for the trip?
Yeah I would say.. about 120 to 150. It depends on how much you wanna spend in the dealers room/artist alley full of STUFF. Plus food, if not then I'd just worry about food money. But I guess that's saying without hotel/badge/bus and I think the breakdown is something like this:

Hotel: (estimated 40 to 50 for the weekend)
Badge: 55 for the weekend (I recommend pre-registering now @ http://www.otakon.com now so you don't have to wait in the exhausting stupid line)
Bus: I think it's 35 round trip (prlly cheaper if you take the chinatown bus...then it's prlly 30) -- or unless you get a ride
Everything else: 100 or so...depends like I mentioned above

forute

Smash Ace
I need confirmation from some people that this list is accurate in who is staying with me for Otakon here:

• Seb (confirmed)
  • Mike (confirmed)
  • Rei
  • Korn
  • Forte
  • Rockin
  • D1 (I already know this is positive)
  • Vanz (unsure...?)
  • Tec0 (I'll find out later)
NOTE: this list isn't the whole list just smashers there are a few others who I didn't list up here.

Right now, just making a quick list there's a lot of people staying in my room LOL some people aren't official yet, and on the fence...so I guess it's going to change over time. So I can't really assure anyone who didn't ask prior that they'd get a room with me. However, I am talking to Khanti about him taking my second room sooo maybe you guys can room with him (I guess if he wants he'll make a post about it).
confirming and such

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
actually i think i can actually make it but ima Need to know if Yo's Room is still available ! >_> so i can confirm

where are you staying shinku ?

Top Bottom