• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i will be watching some hentai!

who wants to join me!?!?. i already know nacker n yo will LOL.
Me! *raises hand* ^-^

Also looking forward for the LARPing and the artist alley. :D Also looking forward to the Brawl tourny :p

I bet there will be a lot to do and buy. Just need to figure out which to do first.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Me! *raises hand* ^-^

Also looking forward for the LARPing and the artist alley. :D Also looking forward to the Brawl tourny :p

I bet there will be a lot to do and buy. Just need to figure out which to do first.
Hit up the game room's entrance
Walk around
Play around for ****s and giggles
Hit up the game room
Dealer's
Hit up the game room
Hit up the game room
Hit up the game room
Bash on some cosplayers
Hit up the game room

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Me! *raises hand* ^-^

You're grossssss jkjkjkjkjk

Also, there's harder competition this time btw XD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
If the prize for the Brawl tourny is just a trophy again this year and not something of actual value like, oh say, FREE ENTRANCE TO NEXT YEAR'S OTAKON LIKE KATSU DID, then I'm not going to enter. The hour wait in line is such a waste of time that I could be using to play Melee :D

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If the prize for the Brawl tourny is just a trophy again this year and not something of actual value like, oh say, FREE ENTRANCE TO NEXT YEAR'S OTAKON LIKE KATSU DID, then I'm not going to enter. The hour wait in line is such a waste of time that I could be using to play Melee :D
Every prize is a trophy. Back when the prizes WERE free entrance fees, things got out of hand methinks.

Still gonna play though mirite. It's too lulzy not to. :p

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hit up the game room's entrance
Walk around
Play around for ****s and giggles
Hit up the game room
Dealer's
Hit up the game room
Hit up the game room
Hit up the game room
Bash on some cosplayers
Hit up the game room
Least you have your day planned out LOL

You're grossssss jkjkjkjkjk

Also, there's harder competition this time btw XD
There was tough competition at Anime Bo-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...sorry, I couldn't do that with a stright face.

Okay yeah, so I decided to hit the day Fatal, Dazwa, and several other smashboard members didn't play...but I got skills! LOL I still say I somewhat represented New York even though I faced a bunch of decent people (D1 still got hype at my placings LOL)

Yeah, there will be actual good people at Otakon, but I ain't scared ^^

Why not? I'd KILL for a trophy right now. The only 'trophy' I got is the white controller box I won at Anime Boston's Friday smash tourny (Keep in mind, I was in the finals on sunday, but lost to Fatal. )

Lobos

Smash Master
I will school you......right seb?!? ^.^ Despite me lacking in tech skill my mind games are still there if not better....right seb!??!!? LMAO *Match starts.....I jump.....Thumbs jumps....I rest him* 1 stock out of the way....*

Lobos

Smash Master
How is everyone planning to get down there anyways? I could drive but I dont wanna pay to park for the whole weekend

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Is anyone planning to not pre-register and wait in that big *** line?

Cuz I think I just got screwed with my paycheck and I don't think I can pre-register in time =(.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Cuz I think I just got screwed with my paycheck and I don't think I can pre-register in time =(.
can i join the club? =/

lulz on my paycheck being the day after the deadline....

maybe they'll be nice and extend it by a day just like what they did with the last one. >>

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Go pay (A LOT) of money for a pre-reg off someone else. Unless there's a rule against it. (Isn't there?)

I plan on having a cousin drive another cousin and I, and meeting some friends in the pre-reg line. We'll be there early. Anyone cosplaying? I was planning on going as Diddy Kong, but...where the **** do you find a tail? >_>

ChaosKnight

Smash Master

it wont be a big *** line the Pre reg WILL be though lmao

and i will be registering that day also

0kin

Smash Journeyman
ppl come hang out with me thursday night! im just gonna b chillin outside the convention, my friends and i had pretty tight time just doing that, and listening to homeless ppl tell us stories!

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice

actually last year, at least on Friday, the line, while long, went by very fast and only took about an hour and a half. Sure beats the 9 hours I spent in line at AB that year.

Also I'll have my DS for the Brawl Tourny line, in Pictochat, feel free to join for some fun times (with a lot of *****es)

Edit: really, I can't say penis? Really?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah Yo saved our ***** last year lol turned a 3 hour wait into 10 minutes LOL

Both lines are unbelievably long CK haha the one spanning five blocks last year was the non pre-reg one sorry. We're all screwed lol

Oath.

Smash Ace
thumbs and ck lets hit on mad *****es at otakon, get dem digits, house number, social security number, house address, grandmothers number, aunts number, AND their siblings numbers... dayummm

~rh

Smash Lord
I ended up staying in the 1 1/2 hour pre reg line...

What time do they open on Friday? We aren't getting in to our rooms until like 12am, so I don't think we can pick up our **** on Thursday evening.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Go pay (A LOT) of money for a pre-reg off someone else. Unless there's a rule against it. (Isn't there?)

I plan on having a cousin drive another cousin and I, and meeting some friends in the pre-reg line. We'll be there early. Anyone cosplaying? I was planning on going as Diddy Kong, but...where the **** do you find a tail? >_>
You could always try a costume website of the sort or try to make your own.

Top Bottom