• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

D

Deleted member

ill be sleeping at the door.who wants to hang with me ill have a hackey sack XD XD

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Yo! I'll also be going to Otakon and will (hopefully) be in the Smash tourny. I loved the setup they had last year and hope that it comes back with lag free TVs this time. Also a little note to those who were talking about the line: bring a DS, works wonders, and I like to mess around in Pictochat and draw some fun stuff (was thinking of drawing Snake plowing MK this time around). Catch me around cosplaying Franky from One Piece, just gotta take off the arms to actually use a controller. See ya guys there! ;P

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Man, Otakon 08's Brawling was a BLAST, but when the tourneys came, ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. Before the tournaments was the most fun I've ever had Brawling. Right when the doors opened I hauled *** to the station, grabbed a seat, and waited. :3

It was amazing for me how good it felt. xD I swear I kept my seat at least 10 times in a row until this Dr. Nick guy beats me with TL, we actually butt(ed?) heads a lot; and when I got known at some stations, all I could hear was either "KILL JIGGLYPUFF MAN" or "KILL DIDDY DUDE". And the screaming of that guy playing DeDeDe. Man he was hilarious. xD

Next day tournies started, I was shaking hard. FFAs!? ITEMS? OH ****! I made it past the first two rounds as Diddy, and then guess what? I go up against THREE Ikes who love to camp and throw crap at me. It ended with me vs Ike, myself cornered on Mario Curcuit, living through at least 3 capsules.

Then the cars hit a bomb next to me.

1v1s. First round I beat some scrub Pikachu. Easy. Next round comes Korn (I'm sure), sporting MK. Scared as hell I pick MK too. I think I was holding out really well from the start. Then I suicide a stock. And another. And another. By that time, the game was over.

I had a great time, I got to meet Korn, watch Thumbs play, and meet Boss too (Teamed with him against Korn and some other guy, "sorry for hittin' ya so much, man" xD). The regular FFAs were fun as hell.

I sported the tag .GUY. which at least 10 peeps stole. xD

I hope to see more great players this year, because I want my revenge! >=D For my first tourney I can say that it was great. Though, we REALLY need to get a 2v2/1v1 station started up.

EDIT: Gonna enter the GGX and SFIV tournies too. SFIV sucks ***, but I have a pretty nice Blanka.

Anyone know if recording matches is discouraged? Saw the one FFA and Korn vs TWU's.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
yo somebody bring blazblue and or KoF so we can play that wif melee :O
Both are coming to Otakon. :3

I wish they'd let us play Brawl+ though. Sadly that won't happen for a long time, if ever. I've been playing that instead of Brawl. ;p I've suggested it twice now, if it gets support in the forums, maybe it'll get more of a chance. http://board.otakon.com/index.php?act=idx Go, sign up, and request Brawl+.

Wish I could've stayed at a hotel.

Shinku

Smash Champion
It was amazing for me how good it felt. xD I swear I kept my seat at least 10 times in a row until this Dr. Nick guy beats me with TL, we actually butt(ed?) heads a lot; and when I got known at some stations, all I could hear was either "KILL JIGGLYPUFF MAN" or "KILL DIDDY DUDE". And the screaming of that guy playing DeDeDe. Man he was hilarious. xD

the good king dedede player was my crew member M&L. he was ****** **** on one tv in FFA's and we still talk about that one **** annoying guy yelling "KILL THAT DAY DAY DAY" every 5 seconds lol

~rh

Smash Lord
I'll hit you up when I get my PS3 back.

I want the Otakon trophy for SF, but I'm sure some of ya'll will give me a run for it. **** just got real :chuckle:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LMFAO I never told you the story of when I saw Azen in the Bible Black screening at Katsucon two years ago ROFL I'll elaborate in person at Otakon ahahahhaha
I'm having an EXTREMELY difficult time seeing Azen do something like this :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think I'm gonna fall off my chair and die right now LMFAOOOOOO

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
How hard do you think I was laughing when I saw him LOOOOOL
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Dude, that alone would have made my trip to Katsucon SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i imagine azen watching and the girl goes "oh yeah baby, give it to me john"

then azen mumbles "no johns bible black girl".
HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Those were you all?

Holy ****, I was just sitting there going "God I want to join that junkie circle".

I was the black kid sitting there taking Pedo-Peeks at you all. xD I'll be sure to TRY to get in the picture this year.

Oh, and I'll be the one sitting there first in line. Waiting like a Hawk.

Names, from left to right?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
**** got real when the doors opened up.

Anyone know where the Brawl photoshoot was last year? I saw a bunch of them in the Game Room entrance, but it wasn't very much a photoshoot.

the good king dedede player was my crew member M&L. he was ****** **** on one tv in FFA's and we still talk about that one **** annoying guy yelling "KILL THAT DAY DAY DAY" every 5 seconds lol
Wait, so who did I fight, Korn or M&L? I thought the DeDeDe I fought, the good one, was Korn. I didn't pay attention to the faces much because I didn't know anyone reeally.

Lobos

Smash Master
Oh yeah it was......time goes by fast.....

I believe this was after the rave on friday night. Names from left to right....

Lord knight, CK , Thumbswayup, YO, Shinku, KOS, Blues, Btree, EE, Rei, and Yoster.....I took the pic :p

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Oh yeah it was......time goes by fast.....

I believe this was after the rave on friday night. Names from left to right....

Lord knight, CK , Thumbswayup, YO, Shinku, KOS, Blues, Btree, EE, Rei, and Yoster.....I took the pic :p
Well then I swear I must've fought at least half of that list somewhere. The names got used only a couple of times if they ever played FFAs.

~rh

Smash Lord
I can sorta ****ing Melbourne Shuffle, after weeks of training.

I need to figure out some ways to use glowsticks in my shuffling, ahah.

Shinku

Smash Champion
Wait, so who did I fight, Korn or M&L? I thought the DeDeDe I fought, the good one, was Korn. I didn't pay attention to the faces much because I didn't know anyone reeally.
if it was a asian guy it was korn. if it was a black guy with dreads, it was my boy M&L. korn didnt say anything about someone yelling, kill that day day day. but my friends do lol

yoster looks mad high in that pic LOL

Top Bottom