• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Had some fun beating this silly MK and Sonic. There was an afc Shiek in the room which is mostly what the MK would go after, while Sonic went after me. I went Falcon the first two matches and showed them how a man fights. I managed to land a Falcon Punch while MK was in his tornado which surprised me somewhat. The Sonic left after the 2nd match, leaving me with the MK and the afc Shiek. I decided to go Ike since the only thing MK would do when attacking me was tornado, drill run, or any other move using B. After taking 2 stocks, he really started to spam that B button, so I spammed my Down B. I managed to get 3 Counters in a row off this MK who was too stupid to realize I'd have a counter ready whenever he'd get out of the last hit since he kept spamming.

I'm really starting to wonder what the thought process is of some of these players. Something like this I'd imagine.

"This move is so gud, I'm gonna hit it with him before he can see it coming. Oww, I guess he saw it coming since he countered. Well maybe I can hit him with the same before he can do anything. Nope, still Countered. There's no way he'll be expecting it a 3rd time. Damn it."

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
uploading a vid youd love Falcons Fist

Yes it involves Falcon

http://youtu.be/taFjU4-hAr0

hes got the magic, now he must polish that punch up and he'll be a winnar for sure

Double KO vid

http://youtu.be/EbMz5T67dqc

And my bad, the dude plays Ness. So Lucas, Ness, TL and PT are this dudes characters.

Alright more vids with that Lucas, Ness, TL, PT player! I stayed Fox for all the vids. Samus player did switch to Lucas, Luigi once but stayed mostly ZSS/Samus. P2 switch between Ike, Falco and many other characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M1NrzhNAqA&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyUv5ZtjwLY&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPLdam6lX0&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EET6tTKJeZM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUYTDlGdGDc&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4JtzqsEOgE&feature=youtu.be

http://youtu.be/2U59T7J-9AQ

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I will give props to that Falcon. His will was so strong, he made a couple of those Punches that weren't supposed to hit, land successfully.

I ran into this Ganon/Olimar today who (again) also went after this afc Lucario. He was pretty aggro to me, but I handled him really well. I started with my wolf and wrecked him on Battlefield. Next match was my PT against his Olimar, didn't beat him as badly still won. I went Kirby the match after, items got really stupid which played in his favor. Olimar ended up winning only due to him getting a kill off the Lucario in the last few seconds. I went back to Wolf and 3 stocked him hard. The Pikachu who mainly watched (but did jump in to "help" me a couple times) ended up leaving and it just left my Wario against him. Won, laughed, and left.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
well welll well that was interesting

two A-hole zeldas tried to double team me a few matches...lsat match a snake came in and he saw wht happned, me and the snake got sudden death(i was mk) after taunting the zeldas a bit i Suicided to show the snake i wasn't gonna attack him(the two zeldas were also trying to attack the snake when he arrived cuz he attacked them)

the very next match, in a ironic twist, both me and the other snake both went ice climbers...and we both knew how to chaingrab :troll:

one of the other zelda's went jiggly puff, but the other IC was clearly a better player of the character than i was, once he got that grab on the jiggly it was pretty much over. me on the other hand although i could always outsmart the zelda and get her into a grab, i didn't always nail the timing perfectly like he did, and sometimes she managed to get out....not without getting chained quite a few times though mind you :troll: and i finished her off on the ledge with a Fthrow to nana's Fair spike :troll:

looks like the trolls just got out trolled. :troll: :troll: :troll:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The only Ice Climbers I've encountered in Basic Brawl in NTSC that knew how to chain grab was always
. Otherwise the rest were abysmal with them. I always assume they know how to chain grab.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
well welll well that was interesting

two A-hole zeldas tried to double team me a few matches...lsat match a snake came in and he saw wht happned, me and the snake got sudden death(i was mk) after taunting the zeldas a bit i Suicided to show the snake i wasn't gonna attack him(the two zeldas were also trying to attack the snake when he arrived cuz he attacked them)

the very next match, in a ironic twist, both me and the other snake both went ice climbers...and we both knew how to chaingrab :troll:

one of the other zelda's went jiggly puff, but the other IC was clearly a better player of the character than i was, once he got that grab on the jiggly it was pretty much over. me on the other hand although i could always outsmart the zelda and get her into a grab, i didn't always nail the timing perfectly like he did, and sometimes she managed to get out....not without getting chained quite a few times though mind you :troll: and i finished her off on the ledge with a Fthrow to nana's Fair spike :troll:

looks like the trolls just got out trolled. :troll: :troll: :troll:

I was the other red ICs. I'm not the better player tho. I'm obviously worse. Obviously :woman:

PS I use to use black/white ICs alot on Basic Brawl.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I've been using Red IC's lately myself. I can't do those crazy chaingrabs or desyncs, but I can do Dthrow to FThrow repeat and Dthrow to Fair spike. Baby steps.
i can't get a BThrow no matter how many times I try.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I don't know what it is with me and afc people, but every room I've been in these past couple days, there's always been at least 1 afc person. Thankfully the last room I was in, the guys didn't prey off them

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I don't know what it is with me and afc people, but every room I've been in these past couple days, there's always been at least 1 afc person. Thankfully the last room I was in, the guys didn't prey off them
I've been having the same problem for the past 4 or so days. Usually I do Basic Brawl aroud 10 P.M EST, and an AFC green DK has been showing up constantly. I don't know if it's the same person or it's just a strange coincidence.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
I was the other red ICs. I'm not the better player tho. I'm obviously worse. Obviously :woman:

PS I use to use black/white ICs alot on Basic Brawl.
heh...welll imagine that....didn't expect to run into you again that way.

TY though, was funny and ironic since i didnt expect us both to go IC...:awesome:

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
I reeeeaaaaaally hate when I get ***** because of ****ing lag. Hi PT, I was the Peach. I would totally love to rematch you under circumstances where there were no items, lag, or other players in the way THANKS

:phone:

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Isn't there always going to be lag?

I probably should've said game-breaking lag. When you input something and it doesn't go through multiple times until it's too late is what I define it as. I've actually had a good amount of matches where there was little to no considerable lag whatsoever. And if there is lag, most times it's not horrible.

^And I'm aware of that lol. I said I got *****. But when the guy leaves after the one match we had to go 1 on 1 when it had game breaking lag was a ***** move

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
But when the guy leaves after the one match we had to go 1 on 1 when it had game breaking lag was a ***** move

or he got dc'd.

I can't even get a straight match since I moved... keep getting 91010 and 86420 lol. figures ... I have to mess around w/tbe router settings again, I think turning the firewall off will help. It's tbe only thing left to do

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
or he got dc'd.

I can't even get a straight match since I moved... keep getting 91010 and 86420 lol. figures ... I have to mess around w/tbe router settings again, I think turning the firewall off will help. It's tbe only thing left to do
what kind of router/ internet service provider do you have

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
or he got dc'd.
No... He was taunting obnoxiously by the end. It was pretty clear that he left purposefully.

And looks like I have to send in my Wii for repairs... I can't keep on dealing with the GSoD. The question is if it will cost anything...

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Prays that doesn't happen to my JPN Wii. Those aren't as easy to repair...or I should say get repaired like in NTSC. I'll be back in NTSC this weekend. Hopefully I'll run into some of you. Although I will admit I'll get annoyed seeing Temple 60% of the time since Temple gets picked 5% of the time in JP. Well the only stages you'll see here is FD 90%, Battlefield, and Smashville. The last 2 are also rare as well.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Prays that doesn't happen to my JPN Wii. Those aren't as easy to repair...or I should say get repaired like in NTSC. I'll be back in NTSC this weekend. Hopefully I'll run into some of you. Although I will admit I'll get annoyed seeing Temple 60% of the time since Temple gets picked 5% of the time in JP. Well the only stages you'll see here is FD 90%, Battlefield, and Smashville. The last 2 are also rare as well.
I wish us wifi is more like jp wifi. So when do you want to play against me (competetly)?

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Fought an arrogant MK with my Falcon a little while ago on Delfino. We both got to high percents and after hitting me, he taunted. I don't know whether he thought I died, or if he was just being a ****, but either way I survived and gave him a good B-air to make the first kill. I got another ko from him when he screwed up his recovery in the last few seconds. I left after that match because this Zelda in the room started spamming item use and being a usual *****.

I came into another room where it was basically a free for all, with terrible items everywhere. I won the first match with some Falcon goodness. I lost the second one only due to me not timing my up smash correctly when this Pika was charging at me. The next match I went Wolf and the Pika went Ike. Unfortunately for him, the other two players left and it was just us. However the game decided to give him a chance and picked his stage of Temple and have his crappy item set on. It managed to work on my first stock since I screwed up my recovery when I fell at the bottom due to a super mushroom. After that slip up however I bodied him for a straight 3 stocks. Also I got the smash ball at a point but refused to use it, I didn't really want to stoop to his level. Our room got DC'd unfortunately when we tried to get another 1v1 going.

I went into one last room and sure enough we end up going on Temple. The really strange part though was that there were two Luigi's (I was one of them) and two Zeldas. This same situation has happened before, where I join a room and there are two Luigis and two Zeldas on Temple. Except the only difference this time was this Luigi really mind****ed me. The very first thing he did was Up B so I thought he wanted to do the Luigi Ladder. I got into position and we tried to do it but failed horribly. After trying more, the other Luigi started to attack me with dash attack and side B, which I thought nothing of it. Eventually I found out he wanted to fight so I fought back, and ****ed him up. Went into SD because he got me with a Missfire, but he screwed up in SD and I got him with a Shoryuken. I don't think he was taking the match very seriously because he was throwing moves around everywhere and being silly in general.

I found a opponent finally who I could have a 1v1 with, turns out the Jigglypuff was afc. After screwing around with my Fox at the time, I left. Went Luigi and stumbled upon the same afc Jiggs. I decided to keep doing D-taunt on it until the match ended. After a couple it came back, which surprised me to the point where I actually attacked it. I decided to just keep the momentum going and keep fighting. Half way through our fighting I noticed it became a cpu. I'm unsure if it only moved because the player left at the very beginning, or if he tried to fight me first and I made him RQ. I couldn't decipher before hand if it was a cpu or not but I saved the replay

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
why do i always run into this *** troll black zelda who likes to run away the whole match and give others free kills all in an effort to keep me from winning -.-;

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
almost all the time I get 3v1 when on basic brawl

when that happens I use either Peach, Rob, ICs, or Gnw. All 4 have the ability to intercept people sding to give points to there fgt team mates.

Peach's float is so, soooooo good in a 3v1. *****es love dat down air. Rob has lazers and can go way down below stage, Ice Climbers have ice blocks and if u can cg with them u can get easy kills if u do it fast enough and cg them to ledge and spike, Game and Watch can chase people off stage and is really good against 3v1.

3v1 is hard especially if they sd to give each other wins and u end up going to a big stage like temple (still doable tho). Try to pick stages like Battle Field or frigate (small stages)

In a 3v1 with people attack each other then sding to give points I always stay till I win

in a regular 3v1 where people aren't doing that **** I will stay a lot longer.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I hate when it is a crasher against me and 2 others and the other 2 are complete bakas and get themselves KOed or SD when the crasher planks. Especially if they're Kirby. Literally falling for Kirbicides. Having no idea how to stop plankers.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Oh lawdy Falcon gave me the greatest feeling as I dominated this poor Tink. We fought on Battlefield, 1v1 with no items, like men. I 3 stocked him all with glorious knees and combos. I'm pretty sure by the end of the match I had a hard on from all the manliness Falcon showed in the fight.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
^Can she electrocute you with her knee? What about summoning a flaming falcon to obliterate all in it's path?

All she can do is float and pull stuff out of her privates

EDIT: Just battled an IC's 1v1 on Battlefield with my Wolf, gg's to them, now the room's filling up

EDIT2: Well that match was horribly anti-climactic, the IC's who now went Kirby was afc up until the last 20 seconds, and then didn't even fight. I left afterwards and now waiting for people to show up

EDIT3: I fought this Peach and others with my Falcon, and pretty much ***** everyone for the 3 matches I was in there. Gave out lots of Knees, and sexy moves, but looking over this one match, I had the craziest thing happen. There was also a Bowser and MK in the match at the time. I was over on the bottom right side and saw Bowser and Peach over on the bottom left side of Battlefield and decided to do my mindgaming Reverse Falcon Punch (not 180, bt B-reversed). I land on the platform above them and Bowser does his Side B grab on Peach. Just as they lift off, I end up hitting Peach out of the grab and kill her. I only died once and that was at the last second when I got killed off the top and hit the screen.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
The other day I found this Lucario/Wolf who was rather silly. It all started on Temple when I went Fox and he was Lucario. Nothing happened throughout the match until when we went into SD. when I jumped over him, he sent out an attack meant to kill me. I took that as a challenge and gave him an up smash. Next match still nothing really happened for the first minute until he sent out an aura sphere at me. I reflected it back but it didn't reach him. He did it again then I went after him to fight him. After that, I went Wolf and he did too. We were on Spear Temple and he would start running away from me after I attacked him. After I got one kill one him, whenever I hit him again he would just kill himself and give me a point. I simply kept doing Wolf's "What's the matter?" taunt whenever he died. The final match after that was my favorite. I went PT with Ivysaur being sent out first and we ended up back on Temple. The first thing he did was run all the way to the right and do his "what's the matter?" taunt. This was while my Ivy was casually walking over to him, shielded his Up-B, and gave him this combo: Bullet > Razor Leaf *shielded attack*> Bullet Seed > F-tilt > F-Smash all for the first kill. He went from 0-112% in about 7 seconds from that while he never hit me. I pulled another couple combos and then got him into another F-Smash kill and he still hasn't managed to land a hit on me. He then starts doing his taunting in what I thought was an attempt to make me follow him, but since I had such a lead on him, I sat where I was and taunted back. He then decided to get closer and taunt, when I did I gave him a Razor Leaf. He then came over to attack and gave him another Bullet Seed which I'm sure by now he hates. He managed to finally hit me from a ledge attack, and I'm really mad because I inputed an Up-smash, but due to the slight lag it didn't come out. I ended up eating a neutral combo twice, but hit him back with another Bullet Seed. He then ran away from me in the remaining 20 seconds and left the match afterwards.

Bullet Seed is too damn good.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I've been using my purple fox lately, and i'm very flashy with him so keep an eye out.
I was able to intimidate some people last night from fighting me after I took out a troll bowser with him and some of those players were exceptionally better than me lol. Moving erratically is great to catch people off guard, so is learning to b-reverse lasers. Mind games are essential in my play style.

Top Bottom