• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best in the Galaxy: Samurai Goroh for SSB4 - Confirmed for Assist Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Many, to my knowledge, were disappointed Pre-Melee when Wolf, Ridley, and Goroh were shown in the trailer/opening, and were not playable. Brawl rectified Wolf, and Ridley is so often requested that I'll honestly be surprised if he wasn't included, so I believe Goroh has enough support to make it and complete the tri-fecta (is that a word? I've heard it before, I swear...).

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Goroh is probably the most awesome F-Zero character that there is(except C. Falcon obviously).
He gets my support.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Awesome, and yeah, of course none can top Falcon, but Goroh comes the closest to it. :cool:

Speaking of which, should I add a supporter list to the OP?

D

Deleted member

I want Samurai Goroh in Smash. The strong possibility for a mostly imaginative moveset akin to Captain Falcon is something too awesome for me to pass up. I think if a F-zero rep gets in, it'll be him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I updated the OP with a Supporter List. If you wish to be added/removed, feel free to ask!

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I would really like another F-zero character. Goroh seems like the best choice. The only other one would be Black Shadow, but I think they would just make him a clone of C. Falcon to replace Ganondorf. So.... Goroh for ssb4!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The supporter list has been updated with the recent Goroh supporters. Remember to ask me if you wish to be added!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel as though I've been neglecting this thread. So, to fix that, I'll ask a question:

Do you honestly believe that Sakurai would be willing to make the effort for Goroh to be playable?

I mean, he has importance to the series, but the series has been dead since 2004. In an unbiased opinion, how likely of a choice do you think Goroh is?

Bonus: How does he stack up chances-wise against other Assist Trophies?

D

Deleted member

Goroh is kind of the fortrunner for ATs, if that means anything.

Yes, I know the Nintendog was the first revealed one (before we knew it was an AT), but Goroh comes first in the trophy section for them (if I recall correctly), and was the first AT update not including the general item update.

And while Black Shadow does have more popularity in Japan and is memetic alongside Falcon himself, I will have to concede that Sakurai seems to see Goroh as more of a contender, given his appearance in Melee's opening and Assist status.
I honestly don't think the series being "dead" is going to affect it too much; if Sakurai didn't find a F-Zero character other than Falcon needed, then another game probably wouldn't change that either way. But of course, we don't know what he thinks.

So long story short, he has one of the biggest shots to turn from AT to playable character, but it all depends if Sakurai finds another F-Zero characer needed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I see. That's a pretty interesting, yet very plausible, view, Golden.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Yea, F-zero is still in need of a second newcomer so I think it's very likely for either Goroh or Black Shadow.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Golden: You forgot to mention that Black Shadow's popularity is shallow. Pretty much based on his voice actor and Black Shadowdorf rather than the character and series themselves.

But yeah, I agree with you for once. Lets just hope that Sakurai feels the need like the rest of us.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For Goroh fans out there, I just wanted to put this out here. Oh, Goroh. If nothing else, his humor makes me want him quite a bit.

Samurai Goroh on F-Zero TV.

D

Deleted member

I can honestly see Goroh and Wario working together in a new Story mode if there is one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because there is a mode based on F-Zero in Nintrndo Land and many had been wanting an F-Zero on the Wii U, I would'nt say that F-Zero is neccesarily dead. I would do anything to see a new F-Zero rep, especially Goroh. Like what I said about him and Takamaru, we NEED some eastern/Japanese swordsmen to add diversity in the Smash 4 roster.

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm guessing that if there is an F-Zero currently in the works (an actual F-Zero, not the Nintendo Land minigame), and Sakurai knows about it, then Goroh's chances are very good.

Other than that, I suspect that Goroh still probably has a good chance, but he's not one of the newcomers with the most priority to their addition. He'd be one that has a chance of being cut if time is an issue or another more important character is to be added later in development. He definitely wouldn't be trailer material.

I do think he's much more likely than Black Shadow, though. (Unless Black Shadow is implemented to use Ganondorf's moveset).

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I made a moveset for Goroh:
[COLLAPSE=Moveset]
Ground attacks:
A- A quick left-handed punch
AA- A diagonal sword slash
AAA- A strong "Sparta Kick"

Foward tilt- A strong foward slash
Up tilt- An upwards sword slash, kinda like Ike's
Down tilt- A quick low diagonal slash

Foward smash- A strong downwards sword strike with electric effects
Up smash- Goroh does 2 consecutive sword slashes upwards
Down smash- Goroh slashes the ground with his katana

Grabs:
Pummel- Goroh knees his opponent in the torso
Foward throw- Goroh slashes his opponent foward
Up throw- Goroh throws his opponent upwards and slashes them
Down throw- Goroh elbows his opponent downwards
Back throw- A strong back throw followed by a kick

Aerial attacks:
Foward air- Goroh stabs his sword foward, and if sweetspotted, will deal more damage and will set the target on fire
Up air- A rough upwards slash, not unlike his foward tilt
Down air- Goroh does a rough downwards slash that can spike opponents
Back air- A quick back kick

Special attacks:
Neutral B: Stingray Slash- Samurai Goroh charges up his katana with electricity and does a strong downwards slash in shape of a stingray
Side B: Boost Fire- Samurai Goroh quickly dashes foward while slashing his katana, kinda like Fox Illusion or Falco Phantasm
Up B: Stingray Spin- Samurai Goroh charges up and quickly spins his katana upwards to gain momentum, the attack can be charged for longer to gain more
momentum and to deal more damage
Down B: Stingray Counter- Samurai Goroh goes in a "come on!" stance and if anyone attacks him, their attack will be countered with a powerful katana strike

Final Smash: Fire Stingray- Samurai Goroh calls for his machine, the Fire Stingray, stuns his opponent and sends him into the Red Canyon from F-Zero GX, then he proceeds to run over his opponent to finish him off
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Alt. Costume]
[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

Hmm, Falcon and Goroh were not the only ones to get a "Super" variety. Jody did as well....

CONSPIRACY?!? Goroh and Jody joining Smash together?!? JK. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe someday, Golden. Maybe someday. After Goroh, Pico, and maybe Black Shadow :awesome:

But the super attack thing was interesting. It just further cements his importance to the series.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Add me to the list of wanting his inclusion. I'd prefer Beastman or even Octoman, but both are unknown outside the franchise. Goroh seems like a fitting second rep for the F-Zero series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's growing, slowly but surely. As is expected: Goroh just keeps getting more awesome. ;)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but he doesn't have summa this meat like Bio Rex does. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Samurai Goroh has a good shot of being in, to answer Opossum's question. Currently the most wanted F-zero rep and is decently requested as a character overall. Unlike Black Shadow, Goroh is wanted in more accounts than "he wuld get Ganondorf's muveseck so Ganondorf gig is own." (for the most part, there are exceptions). Not to mention we're overdue for a new character with a mostly made up move set.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Bio-Rex..more like Yoshi on steroids. But seriously Goroh is the only fitting choice as another rep for the series. Unless they want to add more villains in...even then Goroh in the right addition.

TheHidden

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4330-3482
The thing that gives Goroh the main advantage over Black Shadow is that, it seems hes sakurai's second F zero character. Appearing in the opening in melee and being an assist trophy, added to the fact that out of all F zero trophies only his and Falcons are without their machine, as if we were told that theres more to goroh than just a racer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's an interesting way to look at it, that's for sure. It sounds pretty plausible, too, but as for the trophy thing, it's probably because Falcon doesn't use one without his Final Smash, and Goroh's AT lacks the Fire Stingray. That in itself, though, may mean that perhaps Sakurai picked Goroh because of the ease of making him fight?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the only explanation for Goroh and Falcon to not have their machines is because they're a character and an Assist.
All the other F-Zero characters use models directly taken from GX, so it makes sense to have both them and their vehicles in the trophy.
I bet you anything, that if someone other than Goroh was an Assist, they wouldn't have their vehicle on their trophy and Goroh would.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
^Essentially what I was trying to say, TheHidden, but worded better. :laugh:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Add me to the list of wanting his inclusion. I'd prefer Beastman or even Octoman, but both are unknown outside the franchise. Goroh seems like a fitting second rep for the F-Zero series.

I usually main either Beastman or Pico in F-Zero. I also posted Octoman as one of my characters in the impossible characters thread. I think Octoman has a lot of moveset potential for Smash.

But I think Goroh should be playable in Smash. I felt like Sakurai was trolling when he used him to announce the assist trophies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I usually main either Beastman or Pico in F-Zero. I also posted Octoman as one of my characters in the impossible characters thread. I think Octoman has a lot of moveset potential for Smash.

But I think Goroh should be playable in Smash. I felt like Sakurai was trolling when he used him to announce the assist trophies.
To put a happier spin on it, maybe he thought that announcing Assist Trophies with a popular character would draw more interest? Just a thought.

mrbrawl

Smash Cadet
see i think ether black shadow are goroh would be cool but black shadow could have different move set

PLUS SINCE WE NEED MORE VILLAINS THEY BOTH WORK

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh, I feel Goroh is less of a "villain" and more of an antihero/rival to Captain Falcon, while Black Shadow and Deathborn are the actual villains. Sorry for the late reply.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Really, I'm not entirely sure who to support. I don't know alot about the F-Zero characters, but the most likely choices appear to be him or Black Shadow.

F-Zero might get another representative, but if it does get one, I'm not sure who exactly I'd want as my first choice.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Metroid. I agree with your statement wholeheartedly. F-Zero I've been more on the fence with, but I feel more like they should get a second rep than remain with only Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom