• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best in the Galaxy: Samurai Goroh for SSB4 - Confirmed for Assist Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just think that given how Sakurai sort of gives preferential treatment to Goroh over Black Shadow (Melee intro, Assist Trophy, etc.) that he'd be more likely to put Goroh in as a character. However, I do feel that this is the last chance we'll have to see an F-Zero newcomer in Smash.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well being on the fence about i understand..but the fact alone that the Mother series got another rep is just...plain Ridiculous...

:phone:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What's ridiculous about Earthbound getting a second rep? I remember even before Brawl there were people rooting for Poo and Paula. (Not much for Jeff if I remember correctly but he still made it as an assist over both of them)

Mother 3 came around the time Brawl was in development and Sakurai probably wanted to make Lucas playable due to how much troubles that game went through.

I still support Goroh for smash even though I havent properly played the F-Zero games yet. enough with the teasing. He should be playable now. :)

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Based on the assist trophy I imagine goroh would play as a crazy slashy futuristic samerai his playstyle would play alot different than say takemaru who who have an old kind of sameraish style. I support him for falcons rival and support black shadow as a really cool villian.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The way I could see them easily differentiate Takamaru and Goroh is as follows. Goroh, seeing as he's brash and cocky, while also hailing from a high-speed futuristic racer, would have a swordstyle that is more hack and slash with high speeds and not very refined. Takamaru would be more traditional with slower play that is more elegant and refined, with lots of projectiles added.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm about to put my foot out the door, but I'll quickly say this. If F-Zero gets another rep, I really do hope it's Samurai Goroh. I prefer him over Black Shadow, appearance and personality wise. I think Goroh would be interesting cuz I see him as a good rival for C.Falcon. Plus his pilot theme is sick. Especially with the sword sound thing going on. Zling! Zling! Zling!...I really want to hear that song in Smash 4...and Deathborn's theme lol.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I do think Goroh is more deserving and i want him more then black shadow.

The only trait that i see that shadow has over goroh is that he is a villian ans Sm4sh needs more vilians.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'll probably get **** for this, but I just don't see why F-Zero NEEDS another character. There hasn't been a game in what? Ten Years? Thats ridiculous.

If they release a new F-Zero before the next Smash Bros., then I would be alright with it. But F-Zero is fine with just Captain Falcon, especially without a game in the last ten years. Goroh wasn't even that big a deal in GX.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, we won't attack you for your opinion. Goroh supporters are cool like that. :cool:

In Goroh's defense, a long hiatus isn't too bad. Metroid was on a five year hiatus, which was especially long for the time, before the original Smash Bros. came out. Comparatively, while still a long hiatus, it shouldn't be too bad for old Goroh, at least the way I see it.

As far as notability and importance to F-Zero itself, he was one of the original four pilots, along with Captain Falcon, Pico, and I think Dr. Stewart. Interestingly as well, Goroh was one of only three pilots in F-Zero X to have a "Super" version of their racer planned, along with Falcon and Jody Summers. That shows some importance.

All things considered, the way Sakurai treats him works well for him. Melee used him in the opening to show his and Falcon's rivalry, and he was made an Assist Trophy in Brawl over all other racers, so Sakurai definitely likes the guy.

Well, there's my schpiel. Is that how you spell it? I dunno. But yeah, while no series NEEDS another character when you get down to it, F-Zero can definitely use one, and it very well can, in my opinion.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/03/miyamoto-talks-f-zero/#comments

The series was on hiatus because Miyamoto thinks that there is little to add to the games. Shouldn't the motion controls, massive multiplayer modes, and upscaled graphics be good enough (Depending if there were to be an F-Zero Wii U or not)? That's complete BS (Black Shadow)! :glare:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
D

Deleted member

Maybe a change of direction could be needed.
Such as having the racing gameplay that is loved, but also feature Falcon's bounty hunting profession outside of races.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Maybe a change of direction could be needed.
Such as having the racing gameplay that is loved, but also feature Falcon's bounty hunting profession outside of races.

I would love this :) Free-roam running around in the F-Zero universe and then heading over to the races! All the pilots have such fascinating backstorys, id love to see that.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps there should be a mode where you hunt criminals as Falcon, steal (but never kill) as Goroh, and cause mayhem as Shadow.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A free roaming idea would be a great idea since I always wanted to see more of Falcon's bounty hunting than just in a comic and few cutscenes. You'd play as Falcon, Shadow, Goroh, Pico, and Jody. Maybe Baba for the LOLS. :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
F-Zero has been left fainted for 10+ Years..
I would love if Nintendo reached into there bag opened the medicine pocket and used a max revive on F-Zero..Though seriously..

grizby2

Smash Lord
i'll support goroh.

so many diverse characters in the fzero series, im surprised only captain falcon is the only one present to represent his series. he does it very WELL. but theres something about not having another f-zero character that bugs me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know, the series itself has a ton of cool unused characters that could be cool in Smash. Goroh, Pico, Octoman...the list goes on. Hopefully the series continues on and Goroh is included in Smash 4. That way, it's a win-win. Goroh gets in Smash, and more characters can be added down the line.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fact you called him Edmond is really weird.

He'll always be JUST E. Honda to me

dezeray112

Smash Hero
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/03/miyamoto-talks-f-zero/#comments

The series was on hiatus because Miyamoto thinks that there is little to add to the games. Shouldn't the motion controls, massive multiplayer modes, and upscaled graphics be good enough (Depending if there were to be an F-Zero Wii U or not)? That's complete BS (Black Shadow)! :glare:
I would've thought they would bring a new F-Zero game for the Wii and DS.

Anyways, as well as adding massive multiplayer mode, improved graphics and motion controls, I think it should include a track editor where players can create their own race course much like F-Zero Climax as well as including more customization vehicle parts to build a vehicle, have some new courses, new pilots/vehicles and maybe a new story mode.

But one thing from what Miyamoto stated was "I’d like to say: Thank you very much and try to wait by playing Nintendo Land’s F-Zero minigame." Perhaps they may make a new F-Zero game in consideration?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They may consider it now that they know that many enjoy the games. I remember one interview where Miyamoto was surprised to see interest in the game. I guess he thought Mario Kart was enough as far as racers. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
F-Zero's response to Miyamoto: 'Watashi wa shinen... SHINENZU!!!!' :troll:

FARKUN PAUNCHHH!!! :falcon:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be a bit more on the topic of Goroh himself, I would like to get some more movesets in the OP. So far, only mine is there. I have noticed that Goroh movesets are extremely hard to come by, but does anyone else have a moveset for him that they would like to have displayed?

D

Deleted member

To be a bit more on the topic of Goroh himself, I would like to get some more movesets in the OP. So far, only mine is there. I have noticed that Goroh movesets are extremely hard to come by, but does anyone else have a moveset for him that they would like to have displayed?
I have one I made for Super Smash Bros. Crusade.
I can post it here once I post it there.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the double post, but here is the moveset I said I'd provide.

Jab Combo: Goroh punches, then slashes with the sword twice.

Forward Tilt: A hooked fist.

Up Tilt: Goroh swings his sword overhead.

Down Tilt: Goroh stabs forward while crouching.

Forward Smash: Goroh will thrust his sword forward rapidly multiple times, with the final thrust sending an opponent flying.

Up smash: Goroh thrusts his sword upward.

Down smash: Goroh sheathes his sword, then stomps twice like a sumo.

Dash Attack: Goroh recklessly charges forward, swinging his sword like a madman. This is similar to his Assist attack in Brawl, though he has knockback resistance as he does it.

Neutral Aerial: Goroh will spin like Wolf’s Neutral Aerial, but have his sword drawn.

Forward Aerial: Goroh rapidly slashes forward a few times like his midair Assist attack.

Backward Aerial: Goroh will elbow behind him.

Up Aerial: Goroh backflips, as he slashes upward with his sword.

Down Aerial: Goroh will thrust downward with his sword.

Pummel: Goroh headbutts his opponent.

Forward Throw: Goroh kicks his opponent forward.

Backward Throw: Goroh sheathes his sword, then rolls backward and throws his opponent.

Up throw: Goroh sheathes his sword, then uppercuts his opponent upward.

Down Throw: Goroh slams his opponent to the ground.

Neutral Special: Stingray Slash
Goroh will charge up energy with his sword while yelling “Stingray….” when the Special Attack button is held. When the button is released, Goroh will slash his sword forward yelling “Slash!” The longer the attack is charged, the longer and more powerful the slash is. Goroh must at least finish yelling “Stingray….” before the button is released, or else the attack will fail.
Inspiried by the Rider Slash from Kamen Rider, specifically the Ongeki Ha: Kishin Kakusei from Kamen Rider Hibiki Armed Form.

Side Special: Goroh Chop
Goroh will quickly sheathe his sword, then leap forward with an explosive double karate chop.
Inspiried by the Rider Chop from Kamen Rider.

Up Special: Stingray Thrust
Goroh will leap high into the air, then crash down sword-first at a diagonal angle in front of him.
Inspired by the Rider Thrust from Kamen Rider.

Down Special: Samurai Steal
Goroh will quickly reach in front of him. If he makes contact with someone, he grabs them, then pushes them away. If they were holding an Item, Goroh steals it for himself. If they were holding a large item, it will either fall on top of them or Goroh at random. He cannot use this move if he’s already holding an Item.

Final Smash: Fire Stingray
Goroh will call out to his Fire Stingray, which will initiate an attack like the Blue Falcon. If it makes contact, the opponent is stunned and frozen in place as he hops on top of it (he modified it to run autopilot) and flies off screen. He comes flying from the side of the screen with his sword drawn preparing for the Finishing Cut as he hits the opponent with a powerful sword strike at insane speed. When it hits the opponent, it will zoom in and show him striking them in slow motion. Once he strikes, he will hop off the Fire Stingray back to where he started as it flies off screen. Anyone unlucky enough to be in Goroh’s way as he flies forward will be rammed by the vehicle, even after he hops off.

This is the moveset that will likely be used for Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've added your moveset to the OP, Golden. I like the motif that you put in the Specials for a Kamen Rider feel similar to Falcon's. It's pretty fitting!

On the Up Special, though, is it sort of like Kirby's Final Cutter in a way? Just to get an idea of what it looks like.

D

Deleted member

Not exactly, his leap does nothing (though he can move left and right while leaping), and he crashes down at an angle as if he was flying with his sword. I guess the best example would be the Rising Falcon from Tales of Symphonia.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
See, depending on who else gets into the game, I may or may not support Goroh, but that's just my current state of favoritism. I'm sure once characters such as Ridley, K. Rool, Shulk, and maybe one or two others get in, i'll be a supporter of Goroh. But until then... still not sure.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
^I personally don't blame you. I'm that way with a few characters myself. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The neutral B could have a paralysis effect maybe? You know, it being called Stingray Slay afterall?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I myself was torn as to whether to make the Stingray Slash fire or electricity based in my moveset. I went with fire, due to it being the Fire Stingray, but I'd be fine with either.

D

Deleted member

You said you were looking for more movesets, well Jhonnykiller posted one on page 5 that hasn't been added to the OP.

I made a moveset for Goroh:
[COLLAPSE=Moveset]
Ground attacks:
A- A quick left-handed punch
AA- A diagonal sword slash
AAA- A strong "Sparta Kick"

Foward tilt- A strong foward slash
Up tilt- An upwards sword slash, kinda like Ike's
Down tilt- A quick low diagonal slash

Foward smash- A strong downwards sword strike with electric effects
Up smash- Goroh does 2 consecutive sword slashes upwards
Down smash- Goroh slashes the ground with his katana

Grabs:
Pummel- Goroh knees his opponent in the torso
Foward throw- Goroh slashes his opponent foward
Up throw- Goroh throws his opponent upwards and slashes them
Down throw- Goroh elbows his opponent downwards
Back throw- A strong back throw followed by a kick

Aerial attacks:
Foward air- Goroh stabs his sword foward, and if sweetspotted, will deal more damage and will set the target on fire
Up air- A rough upwards slash, not unlike his foward tilt
Down air- Goroh does a rough downwards slash that can spike opponents
Back air- A quick back kick

Special attacks:
Neutral B: Stingray Slash- Samurai Goroh charges up his katana with electricity and does a strong downwards slash in shape of a stingray
Side B: Boost Fire- Samurai Goroh quickly dashes foward while slashing his katana, kinda like Fox Illusion or Falco Phantasm
Up B: Stingray Spin- Samurai Goroh charges up and quickly spins his katana upwards to gain momentum, the attack can be charged for longer to gain more
momentum and to deal more damage
Down B: Stingray Counter- Samurai Goroh goes in a "come on!" stance and if anyone attacks him, their attack will be countered with a powerful katana strike

Final Smash: Fire Stingray- Samurai Goroh calls for his machine, the Fire Stingray, stuns his opponent and sends him into the Red Canyon from F-Zero GX, then he proceeds to run over his opponent to finish him off
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Alt. Costume]
[/COLLAPSE]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:o Wow... I must have missed that one. I'll edit it in once I can get to a computer (I'm currently using my 3DS...). I can't believe it's not butter I missed that.

On a related note, it seems that the "Stingray Slash" seems to be a popular name for the Neutral B.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It fits. And really, this dude should be in. At least, eventually when F Zero gets revived...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
On Samurai Steal: Cool concept, but it could be improved to where stealing the item isn't the main focus. Maybe make it a kind of command grab that can also steal an item if someone has it.

D

Deleted member

It actually works that way. It's not a grab and throw persay, but he does grab his opponent and shoves them aside. It's just that if they do have an item, he takes it.
It's simply the name of the attack focuses on his thievery rather than the grab itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom