• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
hey, me and my friends are new to the serious smash scene and were basically concerned about not getting better without getting our ***** beat down once in a while as well. we got a few tvs and a few gamecubes, as well as some free space, so i was thinking if i could get some people together i could get some regular smashing going. were out in the lapeer area, so if anyone nearby is interested just get back to me here, or more preferably at hurray4smashing@yahoo.com. also, wed like to smash elsewhere if there is anybody getting together somewhat near us. i was concerned about us being so far behind but after reading a little all that you guys dont seem to mind beating down some newer players and i agree its probobly the best way to get better. we only found out about all the advanced things a month or so ago and wed like to see more than just videos of them being done.

Valban

Smash Apprentice
hahahah, it might be because i've procrastinated all the way till now to start studying for my online test or it is funny, but you live basically the same distance from lansing or midland. Well take your pick, theres like 1 half good people in midland and like a bajillion in lansing. also yoshi is awsome because im starting to play yoshi. im not going to be here this weekend as im going to Traverse City this weekend, but maybe you can get owned by the bafreakinjillion people in Lansing sometime. Come to one of the smash fests either at midland or Lansing first and than we might have a fest if we feel like it at your place. but i don't post here enough to be the judge of that. The only reason im on this freakin site is because I'm really good at not doing what i really need to do :). what characters yu use?

oh dude, i just noticed I'm a smash child. I can't believe I've posted that many times :O!!!

NM I'm too psychic for you. You are primarily a shiek player but dabble in fox and ganon. boooya ****.

phatassesrock

Smash Apprentice
When are all you Michigan bit@he$ going to check out my memorycrawler website. I probably have a memory about how my zelda completely kicked your ***.

See my signature for a link.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
That day... I remember that day so clearly. I tried running away, but it all caught up to me by the end of the tournament. I still feel bad, since I did let you down quite a bit that day, Dave R.. I was so wrapped up in what I was feeling that I let you down as your partner. Thank you for being so patient with me, though. It meant a lot. ^_^

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
hey, me and my friends are new to the serious smash scene and were basically concerned about not getting better without getting our ***** beat down once in a while as well. we got a few tvs and a few gamecubes, as well as some free space, so i was thinking if i could get some people together i could get some regular smashing going. were out in the lapeer area, so if anyone nearby is interested just get back to me here, or more preferably at hurray4smashing@yahoo.com. also, wed like to smash elsewhere if there is anybody getting together somewhat near us. i was concerned about us being so far behind but after reading a little all that you guys dont seem to mind beating down some newer players and i agree its probobly the best way to get better. we only found out about all the advanced things a month or so ago and wed like to see more than just videos of them being done.
yea, def. make it out to the lansing ones nubs :p 4 real tho... they are good stuff.

RapE

Smash Ace
Come to midland i mean who gets there *** kicked in lansing by midland i would say hochimintrail, valban, ito but he doesnt count hes there for a good time, anyone midland for the win also PS. hochi come to midland we miss your tortillas up in this *****

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
*chuckles*

It's really your call. At one place, you're close to Trail in Lansing. In the other, you're close to me by Mount Pleasant(which is the next-door neighbor to Midland). Both places can be good times, too.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Hey don't worry dopple, the first time i got on the boards The midland guys were saying how much i sucked before we even met. When i finally made it out there everyone beat me but by the end of the night i was beating everyone down except for Acro in smash. **** sucked than so obviosly after learning a few techniques i was beating him down. Now he uses jiggly puff which i don't know how the **** to play so he's better(im gonna get good against jiggly puff ******). Acro is the god of mewtwo so obviously he would beat me down. I've never played shibby, though he did quit, so he's prolly a dried up has been smasher who would lose to a yoshi!!! ya thats right, I said it. My yoshi even :O! I rock.

lol... come to midland if you wanna find out.

and yes, i played you and pretty much owned you the whole match. but I was working that day so i could only play that 1 match. And now, val, it would be the same. Yea i don't play anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let you, sheepyman, or dopple beat me.

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
yea, just tell me where to show up and when. ill get directions on mapquest or something. out of the four or so people, there are really just two of us who care about learning the advanced techs, so would it be allright if i brought him too? wed both like to see better players in action. were just not learning anything out here trying in vain to use techniques that we dont even need to beat our other friends. though, i usually win between us, so hed be an even easier target.
also, not bad with the guess valban. i guess you could call shiek my main since im best with her, but i am trying really hard to only play fox, falco, falcon and peach right now as im trying to main one of them. my friend mains fox, but he also plays bowser because hes dead set on learning him too. so far, its going ok.
and yea, i should come out to some of your smashfests because im sure youd want to get to know us before coming out here. i was just thinking tho, we have plenty of tvs and gcs and a huge amount of space, easily enough to fit 20 or so set ups of tv/gc. would lapeer be a convenient enough place for enough people to come out to, or is it too out of the way for a lot of you?

Butters

Smash Apprentice
Well, things are getting out of line here in Mississippi. We lost 2 more trainees, we had one pass out underwater last week... BUT I'M STILL HERE BABY! LIKE BOOM HEADSHOT. Hopefully pics coming soon...

D_B_S

Smash Lord
O_O

Weekly smashs at Wayne State University Detroit, Mi

Woodward and Warren intersection

O_O pm for details

**DBS is back!!!!......with cookies**

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
... what characters yu use?

oh dude, i just noticed I'm a smash child. I can't believe I've posted that many times :O!!!

NM I'm too psychic for you. You are primarily a shiek player but dabble in fox and ganon. boooya ****.
great, im glad i remembered i said exactly that not but a week ago in time to not make an *** of myself.

Valban

Smash Apprentice
Too late, your an ***. Hah, ya i basically copied and pasted what you said in your ealier post to find out what characters you used(got me, I'm not psychic). It was really easy since your only a 4 post smash NOOB!!! lol. I'm just a smash child though that doesn't post on the forums because im just too awsome. Oh, ya I think i do have a memory playing my first good Doc opponent in midland. Sorry Shibby, I don't go to midland enough to play you. I'll go there again someday and beat your *** sometime. Oh and ****, i wanna play your yoshi sometime to see how much better mine is ok.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
GAAAAHHH!!! It's the PokeMart music! GOUEYHTGUE:OJI@IRO#HGJUDBHSL! It has now permanantly branded itself in my brain for the rest of the afternoon. CURSE YOU PIKACHU!!!!!

Well, happy April Fool's Day everybodies!
:choom, choom: <-- sound of me leaving

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
smash per usual... see below:
Smash @:
21000 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield, MI 48075
Where: Northern Housing 1st Floor Lobby (possibly 3rd floor lobby as well)
To get in, simply knock or just wait for someone to exit or enter.
http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ntitledki7.png
Time: 1PM - 4PM
Day: Wednesdays
(I will always post if it will occur on a given week before the monday of that week)
Bring a controller!

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey hey.

Some of you may, or may not remember me (hopefully not). I was the guy who ran the really bad first few Smash Tournaments at what used to be known as "Cyber Tech Plus." Which is now known as an empty building.

I got to see/know a few of you but, I never really saw you after that. I know some tried to contact me after, but I sort of stopped playing thinking I could never play the game as good/ cybertech just pissed me off.

Anyway, point being, I've been in Japan for a while now and here the game of choice amongst my friends is smash 64/melee so I have gotten back into the game. I should be back in Michigan this April and I have a home in both Sterling Heights and Ann Arbor. I can't say I'm very good yet, but I'd like to learn more about the game, especially in prep for Brawl's release. I've picked up Mario/Doc and am trying to learn more about his combos/ techs I have to practice to get better. I know Lipton lives pretty close so hopefully I can get some help XD

So, yeah, I'm back, and sup?

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
lol, alright val, sounds good. I'm just so busy that really going to tournaments, even if I wanted to, is out of the question, so for val and sheepy, if you guys wanna play with me then you will have to come to my town.

diff between sheepy and valban is that valbans actually a cool guy, from what I can remember.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
i'm not. you should come to LTU tomorrow so you can beat up on the newcommer like you said... forgot his name already and i'm too lazy to check. That's assuming he shows up... hmm... i don't even think i've ever played against you shibby. what the L!?

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Hey where all the detroit and warren players go

Because I need some new ppl to smash with

So hit me back or something

I stay on the 8

pm me

~PS~

Who stopping thru detroit on their way to the tourney in
Ann Arbor

I need a ride I got cash

ty

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
lol i don't care about beating up on newcommers... I seriously play this game once maybe twice a month. Trust me tho, I can still play when I want to.

Doppleganger

Smash Rookie
Hey, I couldn't make it today. I hadn't taken into consideration the fact that you guys started at 1:00 pm and ended at 4:00 pm until just a couple of days ago. I'm still in high school, and release at around 3:00, and I'd get there at 3:30 or later. It wouldn't be worth staying for just a half hour. Is there any other event you guys attend, or somewhere we could meet? One that lasts a bit longer than that.

I'm not backing out, I've been anticipating today for nearly a week now. Get back to me soon.

Smash withdrawals!

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
I have the exact same feelings, bro. Rash came late today and I only got to play for less than 1/2 hour. :-( How depressing! Especially since he didn't come in last week. I agree, though, too, that we should have another time for smashfests. Think we could elongate our current time to like 5:30 ish or so, Rash? That'd be great for me as I'd be able to get back after my classes and make the later part, too.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
~PS~

Who stopping thru detroit on their way to the tourney in
Ann Arbor

I need a ride I got cash

ty
well if its still happening on the 7th, i might be able to pick you up...pm me your address, ill see if its anywhere near me. although im probably not the closest to you, ill stop by if nobody else will. if its really moved to the 8th, i cant go, so you gotta find another way.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
wow... that sucks its on the 8th lol

And yeah I was at the tourney at liptons house last May

I've improved since then so.. yeah

And I samsh all the time at wayne State

But umm if anybody going sunday I'll still wanna go

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
i'd be fine with leaving a cube with you guys... just need to pick it up sometime later in the day. One of you two'll have to meet me someplace in the engineering building anytime during a break before 10pm.

I could also hold biweeklies up there on Thursdays or Fridays from 5:30PM til whenever (prolly 11 at the latest) *IF* anyone is interested. Please let me know NARUTO, ANTHER, DOPPLE, PETRE, and anyone else if this would be something you would like to attend. And of course Russ and Vt7 too, but that goes without saying. (everyone else is invited of course... these were just the people who expressed an interest in coming) Let me know quick and maybe i'll try it next week to see how it works out.

AS Money

Smash Lord
well sheepy is ****ing up his tourny so i am staying put here in midland and we will probably be smashing on saterday like usual if anyone wants to make the trip

Anther

Smash Champion
AS Money's 1000th Post Triple Post said:
ONE THOUSAND BITC HES!!
I actually want to hold a Smashfest at EMU today... and perhaps tomorrow too XD.
My campus job is closing down early for Spring break so I really have nothing to do.
If anyone reads this and is interested in Smashing at like 3 or 4 reply and I'll set something up either at Buell or at the Village...

I can have a more official Smashfest and tell people around here about it tomorrow though... Which I can try to get started at 12 or 1 in Buell.

Good to get some practice in before a tourney am I right or am I right????
I'll check back here at about 12:30 and 2:00 to see if I should set up a cube in Buell's Lounge... Which is located at.

Actually I'ma set one up anyway... not like I'm supposed to have a life on thursday anyway.

Buell Hall
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Top Bottom