• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i'm a wifi peach

i dair, and I was TOTALLY out of it first match haha.

idk I dont do it ALOT against other characters besides metaknight it feels safe.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
i'm a wifi peach
Nah man don't put yourself down like that. The Dairs are just maybe a WiFi relic that you need work out of your system is all. I still think you did pretty well during the set. You just need to watch the decision making on moves during matches. 'feels' is a dangerous thing for risk assessment. Be ready for Dallas~

z00ted

ohohohohohohohoho

i've been practicing

my body is almost ready

z00ted

I'll give you some specific pointers in a bit Ill, I'm watching the set right now.
Alright.
I just wanna say that I think I played pretty bad in that set. (johns)

I wasn't patient and I was trying to approach him wayy too much.

I've had better.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I taught him the Mk matchup. Hahahahahahahah.

I need to get that match up sometime soon.
You play the ICs, you don't know any matchups nor have any need to. :awesome:

@ Illmatic- For that first match

1:07- You're both already high up in the air and he's already below you enough to land safely from the nado into his shield. Don't commit to a chase like you did and instead move yourself away (use bair as well just to shift your momentum in that direction) and reset your positioning.

1:11- Don't try to contest his edgeguarding with floating dairs. What happened to your stock is the most likely result of that. Just focus on bobbing and weaving through his attacks and/or hitting him with fair/nair/dair to contest his edgeguarding if you're not in an immediate position to be shuttle looped or at a high enough percentage to die from his dair/nair/uair. The main priority is recovering high while simultaneously descending, so as to avoid his favorite angles to attack from.

1:41- Too much of a hard read attempt and unnecessary, especially if MK has the lead. Most MKs who are worth anything will not fall for it because they'll be too committed to zoning you out once they have the lead. Instead, try to methodically creep into his zone with a combination of groundfloat movements (just strictly movement, no aerials if you're facing him, especially fair, he'll beat it to the punch or easily punish it during the cooldown before the autocancel), turnip approach fakeouts/mixups, or even take a page from my preference and fight him about-face a majority of the time. I find her bair to be really effective when it comes to zoning him out and it easily strings into d-smash or f-tilt which is one of her safest ways to tack on some reasonable damage.

2:12- Try to break that habit of using fair on his shield. No matter how well you try to space it, it is a mediocre option in that instance and will almost always be repelled by the SL. Try full jumping a dair to bait it out and beat it at its peak height with a nair. An alternative is to fake him out and bait the OoS Shuttle Loop so you can punish it during its vulnerable period from below via any quick enough option that applies at that moment. Get in this habit and it will certainly make the matchup that much more manageable. Be wary of any of his possible aerial mixups OoS, however.

3:08- Just never jump like that in front of his shield in general. xD

3:41- Don't be afraid to act if he whiffs a reckless shuttle loop (an aerial one especially) like that and it's still too early for his glide attack to come out. Jump up there and blast his *** with a quick bair! Worst case scenario is a clash, and just shield after the clash to defend against a quick smash or something when he lands.

4:04- Well done. Don't be afraid to punish him like that more often as long as you don't react too late.

4:10- Again, don't worry about spamming dairs from above like that. The MK won't chase you and instead will wait for your float to wear off and/or your double jump to be used and will then try to punish you upon landing.

4:12- You did him a favor by landing right on top of him like that...Retreat and reset! Trying to force something in the situation you were in is simply not worth it.

If I can make it to Dallas, I'll play against you with my MK and teach you everything I know on the matchup so far.

z00ted

Thanks for the tips King Beef.
I think just trying to recover from the air and getting hit by shuttle loops were my biggest problems.

I've already been working on it.

z00ted

bair and dair feel extremely safe against him for some reason.

I used it alot when he was trying to come from under me on Rainbow Cruise, I think it helped more than hurt.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey, Uncle Peach is alive! :D
Yea, they finally let me out. I t was hard in smash prision. The had me in a cell with gay people. It was hard sleeping at nite. I had to sleep between the bed and the wall. That way I could always cover my *** and front side while sleeping. Shower time I always had a towel with a tight belt around it. and the soap I always had guide to my hand to make sure I not drop it. I not have to worry about getting into fights and all here. since I could have easily kicked all thier *****. But fights were the least of my worries. My man hood was in danger every day. But I did it. I made it out alive.

But it was hard. I saw some crazy stuff in there man. And I was scared I be next. it was really hard to sleep at nite.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Gotta DI that shuttle loop, Ill!! You definitely should have beaten Dphat. Just a few minor tweaks to your game and you'll be in good shape! Also, more downsmash, especially against MK's ****ty shield. I personally like bair > dsmash, and speaking of bair, use it more out of shield while ground floated. <3 Watch out for tornado spam, and work on your timing out of shield with turnips to punish it. I noticed you got hit by the ending frames of tornado a lot lol

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
bair and dair feel extremely safe against him for some reason.

I used it alot when he was trying to come from under me on Rainbow Cruise, I think it helped more than hurt.
Im sure it did. Don't worry you will do better next time k? Im pretty sure you should post vids on the vid thread... Just saying

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Never said inui was banned from anything. I was someone else from TX. But that does not have to do with me so w/e.

And fine then. I'll accept your offer. You have me confirmed to go to your tourny. Lets see how this goes. I could use a live traveling vaction anyway since my B-day is March 17. Treat myself a lil.
Ugh, now I am starting to feel like **** for getting this offer. Since lots wanna go. Making me feel bad.
Nah dont let the peach boards mess with you like they do all the time. Show up to whobo and play with us. You will have a great time. There is so much stuff to do other than smash. Check out the whobo 3 thread and post. if u need a team mate u can post that too.

EDIT: there are 2 airports in houston. IAH(bush) and Hobby. Which ever one u will be at i will get you or another tx buddy of mine will get you. W/e u want.

z00ted

yeah, seriously Dark.

Looking forward to you showing up.

btw are you going to Dallas?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Nah dont let the peach boards mess with you like they do all the time. Show up to whobo and play with us. You will have a great time. There is so much stuff to do other than smash. Check out the whobo 3 thread and post. if u need a team mate u can post that too.

EDIT: there are 2 airports in houston. IAH(bush) and Hobby. Which ever one u will be at i will get you or another tx buddy of mine will get you. W/e u want.
Though I become a lil nasty as a person, still have that small soft spot in me. Which is making it hard. Ugh.

I'll check out the thread. And see what airport I'll land in. Best get my ticket out the way early for good prices. If I travel alone to this from NYC I'll ask for a teammate. First I have to see who in NYC is going and if they wanna team. Guess it be best to get it all out the way now.

yeah, seriously Dark.

Looking forward to you showing up.

btw are you going to Dallas?
No I am not. If Xyro would have told me all this sooner I would have went. Before this offer I was never playing to go to TX for anything since I just hated the state. It's 2 late now. And I had already made plans to go to a tournament in upstate NY that weekend.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is all to weird. I don't even know how to feel about all this. Seems people are ticked I got this offer too. I thought I be the last of all people to get this.

z00ted

hi my name is Illmatic and this is Xyro

we may seem like pricks, but we really are some of the happiest go luckiest green lesbians you may ever meet!

z00ted

it's called a figure of speech.

how is offering free admittance to anything "rubbing it in each other's faces"? lol, dumb.

and "tee-hee" who knows? maybe he will

bahahahahahahhahahha

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Man, I kinda want to go to Dallas and rep Peach. Never been to a big tourney before. Seems like it'd be fun.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Luck? I find it as a sign of rubbing things in others faces and Texas being Texas. Would be so funny if Dark when there and beat everyone lol
And it's stuff liek this that makes it hard to just take this offer in peace. Same time a whole lot of pressure on me. I ask myself just how do I get pinned in these situations all the time. Really when I said nothing to begin with. Yea, that is sure some luck I have.

I know people are mad I got this offer out of random. I honestly don't think I deserve it (unless this is a birthday gift from TX) I have failed in tournies for nearly a year. I have yet to rep Peach well expect for 2 tournies and some 1$ tourny that I entered for training and getting second. There is Peach players that have done way better than my scrub *** has done. I'm just now slowly bringing it back. People could be mad cause I have failed for a year while others have not and think they should get this offer.

In the end I end up getting flamed or a fight breaks out cause of me and I seriously said nothing or have anything to do with it. It's Xyroo's personal thing in why he chose me. Take it up with me. But don't start post like this then have some usless fight break out. then I would get flamed in the middle when I said nothing nor have anything to do with this. The pressure I have on me already from this offer is good enough.

Ugh, sometimes being Famous and an icon with Peach can be a problem.

so who is going to virdian this Saturday?
I am. I was not gonna go at all. (long story to that that I dont wanna get into). But a certain girl is going. So I'm going for her. And I promised her I would. I could care less for this tourny. I really don't wanna see a **** load of faces there. I might enter singles and see how I do. But I really don't care for this tourny.

Top Bottom