• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
fffffffffffff

pc: test code = regular skyworld code with the 4th, 6th, and 7th lines removed

resulting in:
Code:
Skyworld Platforms v2 [Dantarion]

4a000000 90000000
20623090 0000001e
48000000 805b8adc
12000200 0007ffff
e0000000 80008000
someone make sure i copied that right plz

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Might as well post this here too lol

http://i42.tinypic.com/eam48z.png

Also polygon132 and 160
But not the non-grass parts like polygon5/23

AMK, you wanna finish the job you started (and did a **** good job of) or you wanna let someone else do it?
You mean just visually, right? I don't remember how that Temple+ works, but you decided to make that top platform non-passthrough from either side, didn't you?

If so, I doubt that what you're suggesting is possible. The entire temple is a single model, and I don't think there's any way of moving individual parts separately without editing the model directly (and even with that I don't think it's possible).

However, I can offer you this alternative idea.

(rough mockup, also ignore the parts of original temple)

Take a block and resize it to fit in that hole. Then retexture it to look like the rest of the temple, and add a roof collision under it so people can understand that it's solid. I believe that this should be pretty simple to do.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you remove the rest of temple except the chunk Maestro is talking about, then it's certainly possible.

You know, in the same fashion the rest of the stage was made.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Can I have a link to that stage anyway? It's not on the first page >_>

Did you just use the polygon deleter to remove the extra parts?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You mean just visually, right? I don't remember how that Temple+ works, but you decided to make that top platform non-passthrough from either side, didn't you?

If so, I doubt that what you're suggesting is possible. The entire temple is a single model, and I don't think there's any way of moving individual parts separately without editing the model directly (and even with that I don't think it's possible).

However, I can offer you this alternative idea.

(rough mockup, also ignore the parts of original temple)

Take a block and resize it to fit in that hole. Then retexture it to look like the rest of the temple, and add a roof collision under it so people can understand that it's solid. I believe that this should be pretty simple to do.
that actually is very simple and i can make it if you want (assuming AMK doesn't respond soon, then its all his).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Sure, you can do it if you want. I already figured out some values for the block (you can tweak them if you want):

I'd fix the whole thing myself but I don't have a copy of Temple+ on my SD card and I didn't want to search through 30 more pages. For the texture block I'd use some of GrdShrineRenga if you can.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
TSON, by dotted platform, do you mean broken apart into multiple platforms in the same line?
(Ex: - - - *dotted/broken* rather than --- *connected*)

Maybe make a crappy Paint picture so I can understand your concept a little better.

About the enemies at all though, would they even really be useful? Couldn't we hit them and just abuse their absurd throw power?
Dotted platform as in the platforms that are already part of the stage. I'll mockup when I'm actually sure what I'll be doing lmao.

I do understand the problem with the power... It might be best to not have them, even though I <3 them.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

The texture was acting weird and didn't turn out the same color as the main stage. You can try to fix it if you want, although I don't think it looks that bad the way it is. I already added the ceiling.

D

Deleted member

Shadic, is it possible to keep the rest of the temple or at least some of it?

As in the GFX only w/o any hitbox properties. The temple is just so..
empty
:urg:

This is non important and purely aesthetic in ideal, and if it's too bothersome don't waste your time doing it.

That said, I love the stage anyway.

Edit: Ooh. Or, is it possible to move all the other temple area into the background like the middle ice block from Summit+?
That might be possible.

Kati

Smash Lord
So has anyone noticed any exploding apples yet on green greens..?

Also, on Summit+ has anyone had singles matches with only heavy characters? I find the levels base is too narrow to get a good fight in. The lowest platform seems a tad too low as well. Still, the stage is one of my favourites.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Not like this matters, but the SSE stage that is replacing Distant Planet in the Japanese Brawl+ is really weird with the Distant Waterfall code on. :chuckle:

I'm not complaining; just thought I'd share that for anyone that cares to see how weird it is, since I'm bored right now...

And that texture glitch on Temple's additional block is pretty weird. I would say that I hope someone finds out how to fix it, but I would rather just not have it filled in at all...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's really just a lighting glitch, since the stage builder block is normally shown in different lighting than Temple is. It would be easy to fix, either by recoloring the texture or finding a different block. I just wanted to get something out there quickly as a base.

If someone wants to take the time to delete every single polygon on Temple except for that one part on the bottom, I can put that there instead... I didn't bother before because it's something like 100 or so polygons.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i looked at it in bbox. the bottom part is connected to the right side (ground), so its not possible to get just that part...

however, i do remember a pac from a while ago that was just the bottom part (ground/castle part). if anybody has that, then just remove the castle part and we're good to go.

D

Deleted member

Is the new Spear Pillar available for DL? or is it going into the DLC pack that you're making FroHo?

Kati

Smash Lord
This thread has been silent lately soo...

With super guzzi's pirate ship stage (no hazards/intangible water) , I made the ledges solid so that recoveries can't go through the ground on either side of the ship. This meant making the whole dragon's head ornament solid. I think this little change really helps the pace of the level as intercepting is easier and kills easier (that is the aim on everyone's mind these days right..?).

Guzzi's electroplankton stage is worth checking out ( it doesn't seem to be getting any attention). I have not had a large amount of people to test it with, so I'm wondering if anyone else has tested it. The version I am talking about has no gap in the middle.

Also... what's new with big blue+?

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
Guzzi's electroplankton stage deserves more attention.

As for Newpork w/o City...maybe remove the things holding the boat?

Kati

Smash Lord
the hinges? or does the version with the city still present have something else? the clear sky in the version without the city is so nice...

Kati

Smash Lord
It is pretty much the same as your four-platform idea, but the main platform still moves when hit. I the gap between the two big leaves is also gone as well ( I forget if your diagram covered that up).

Personally, I've been curious if a version exists with the big leaves that do not actually move. Did you end up making such?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
It is pretty much the same as your four-platform idea, but the main platform still moves when hit. I the gap between the two big leaves is also gone as well ( I forget if your diagram covered that up).

Personally, I've been curious if a version exists with the big leaves that do not actually move. Did you end up making such?
actually the big leaves are matched, but they still move if you hit them in the middle
here is a pic

Kati

Smash Lord
*new topic*

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6470&Moderated=All
*warning* biiiiiig download. stage comes with 12ish brstms.

So... I don't know what's going in this new stage pack (I can't wait for it though... any specified release date?), but this Norfair Depths is quite nifty. The stage itself is far from legit (walk-off boundaries, grabble ledges on the platforms), but the scenario itself is wonderful. The maker really shows what can be done with norfair + stage hacking. If norfair+ is still needing direction, I'd suggest moving the battle to somewhere else entirely like in this stage.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So, at some point in time did I hear a wish that there could be a way to play Pokemon Stadium 2 without freezing it, so the screen in the back could move and show stuff? I hope I'm not imagining it, otherwise I don't know where I got this idea.

Anyway, check this out.

I made a Pokemon Stadium 2 that doesn't transform. I didn't mess with any of the alternate forms themselves; I edited a piece of the MiscData[20] that controls how long after starting the match the stage transforms. It will still change eventually, but not during the course of a normal 8 minute match (I think it will take around half an hour or something). The stage stays in its normal form the whole time and you still get the good bits of info on the back screen.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6540&Moderated=All

Edit: Fixed using the Brawl+ pac instead of an original pac

Play around with it and tell me what you think. Also try occasionally pausing the match to see if that screws up the timer. My very first attempt at this was supposed to last for 10 minutes, but after 2+ minutes of taking screenshots, the stage started changing when there was still a minute left on the clock. I've more than doubled the timer since then, so I'm 99.9999% sure that you won't encounter any unwanted transformations.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
They poll that runs down isn't wall-jumpable on your version (which actually matters, since I recently encountered a match where my friend survived from wall-jumping off of that after being hit under the stage, believe it or not), while the current Brawl+ version has it as wall-jumpable. Which leads me to believe you took a fresh .pac file for that, and not Brawl+'s .pac file, meaning there's no Brawl+ boundary changes, either.
Although I understand that you didn't just make that for Brawl+ players. Just pointing it out, in case the Brawl+ BR decides to use your .pac to make the necessary Brawl+ changes.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They poll that runs down isn't wall-jumpable on your version (which actually matters, since I recently encountered a match where my friend survived from wall-jumping off of that after being hit under the stage, believe it or not), while the current Brawl+ version has it as wall-jumpable. Which leads me to believe you took a fresh .pac file for that, and not Brawl+'s .pac file, meaning there's no Brawl+ boundary changes, either.
Although I understand that you didn't just make that for Brawl+ players. Just pointing it out, in case the Brawl+ BR decides to use your .pac to make the necessary Brawl+ changes.
Actually, I sort of did make it for Brawl+, considering that I don't even play it, yet I post here anyway >_> I completely forgot that Brawl+ used a modified stage in addition to freezing it. I'll go fix that right now; all I have to do is add my modified MiscData to the current Brawl+ stage.

Stage is now fixed on BrawlVault; redownload it.

Is that documented anywhere? It'd be nice to know.

Good job, by the way.
Well, it was documented... by me... right when I did it >_>
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10342157&postcount=18

Kati

Smash Lord
Shall test this tomorrow...

on another note, does anyone find the two little platforms in the centre of Luigi's mansion to be useless?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
they seriously screw you sometimes Kati, and help you on others(when you tech on them) so they are alright, guess another thing that makes the stage unique. LM+ is one of my favorite stages, all that i would really like is that the lower floor would be breakable without having to break the top one one first(with more damage than the upper floor) and that the edges would be turned to walls, instead of ceilings(a little bit 'cause below the stage it should still be a ceiling) because I get stuck down there more than I like to xD.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Has Big Blue+ v1.4 been released? There are no download links or codes on the first page, but it looks like it's fully working in the video.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm going to edit the boundaries on BB+ before i release it. right now, in vbrawl you'll live to over 200% if you get hit up on most of the track, but there's still one portion where the ceiling is perfect with the current settings.

Kati

Smash Lord
they seriously screw you sometimes Kati, and help you on others(when you tech on them) so they are alright, guess another thing that makes the stage unique. LM+ is one of my favorite stages, all that i would really like is that the lower floor would be breakable without having to break the top one one first(with more damage than the upper floor) and that the edges would be turned to walls, instead of ceilings(a little bit 'cause below the stage it should still be a ceiling) because I get stuck down there more than I like to xD.

I guess they can help... but they look so awkward.

Whenever I try to make edges into walls with brawlbox, characters just end up going through them >.>
I suspect that having them nearly horizontally flattened negates them...

I tried getting the little platforms out, but it ended up also getting rid of the floor above them too, so I guess I will have to stick with them.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
*new topic*

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6470&Moderated=All
*warning* biiiiiig download. stage comes with 12ish brstms.

So... I don't know what's going in this new stage pack (I can't wait for it though... any specified release date?), but this Norfair Depths is quite nifty. The stage itself is far from legit (walk-off boundaries, grabble ledges on the platforms), but the scenario itself is wonderful. The maker really shows what can be done with norfair + stage hacking. If norfair+ is still needing direction, I'd suggest moving the battle to somewhere else entirely like in this stage.
I downloaded this stage as well and was quite amazed by the look, but I wanted to know if there is a way that we can make stages more competitively viable? There are plenty of stages that look and feel beautiful, but they have features such as walkoffs that essentially make them not worth playing. Basically, I'm asking how do you edit stages to change aspects such as length, height, and presence of ledges and such.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Ok, fixed one final time. You can't beat infinity. The link contains both versions because I don't forsee myself needing to edit them again.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=6540&Moderated=All
as nice as this looks, it ****s with ZSS's side b as well as the tether abilities of other characters on top of having 2 walk offs. we have a plan for norfair that may be getting close to completion.

i will say that i do like what you're done from a casual standpoint.

I downloaded this stage as well and was quite amazed by the look, but I wanted to know if there is a way that we can make stages more competitively viable? There are plenty of stages that look and feel beautiful, but they have features such as walkoffs that essentially make them not worth playing. Basically, I'm asking how do you edit stages to change aspects such as length, height, and presence of ledges and such.
brawlbox, a lot of free time, and a masochistic personality.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
as nice as this looks, it ****s with ZSS's side b as well as the tether abilities of other characters on top of having 2 walk offs. we have a plan for norfair that may be getting close to completion.

i will say that i do like what you're done from a casual standpoint.
Was that quote supposed to be aimed at Norfair Depths?

Top Bottom