• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

Kati

Smash Lord
About the map pack... ( it does exist yes?)

Approximately when can it be expected? a few weeks? the end of summer?

In an effort to spread Brawl+, I'm trying to make a package that is readily playable (with extra levels and portraits for everything customized by the texture community) for my friends so that they don't have to worry about configuring their sd cards, but I want to know if I should wait for the map pack or not. To send out multiple copies of the game only to have to update them all would be taxing ( my car is broken and my friends all live in different directions).

Kati

Smash Lord
so no npc+? or will it be like the temple ruins + the melee temple?

hmm... and no big blue or orpheon? shucks

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
npc+ is not being used as a legal stage in B+ at the moment, and probably won't for some time. in the meantime we can at least use fourside for fun.

BB+ as well as some other + stages will be in the next DLC (this dlc is for more "casual" stage additions. the next one will include actual tourney legal stages).

Kati

Smash Lord
ahh, okay.

what issues are there with npc+ though? the only thing I can think of the is slanted hill on the right side. The boat stops few kills too, but is there anything else?

matt4300

Smash Ace
Is there a reason that SuperGuzzi's Electroplankton hack with the flat bottom is not legal? Seems perfect.

Same with his pirateship hack... Though that one is glitchy. It just needs some work.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Is there a reason that SuperGuzzi's Electroplankton hack with the flat bottom is not legal? Seems perfect.

Same with his pirateship hack... Though that one is glitchy. It just needs some work.
i hate electroplankton and will fight it to the end.

pireship is ok, but needs polish.

Idea: Turn Green Greens into a new Dreamland. Possible? No/Yes?
already tried. no-go.

matt4300

Smash Ace
i hate electroplankton and will fight it to the end.

pireship is ok, but needs polish.

already tried. no-go.
Come on man... Its a perfectly viable stage, and it's really beautiful. It would make a great counterpick.

POLISH IT UP! I would love a playable zelda stage. The bugs that Iv'e found in pirateship+ (**** right +) are...

when it storms the water greys, but the sky doesn't.

You can also tell that your going into the air but its really ugly looking. The sky breaks as you go up..

also apparently a hitbox appears on the right side of the ship sometimes. It might be a glitch with the bombs.

Otherwise its great.

seems like a big fix would be to just let the storm and flying up animation happen... But not let the gravity change. Though I don't know if he was trying to take the nado and storm away or something...

Btw... was fourside even legal in melee..? Pretty sure it wasen't. The Newpork+ feels and works great.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Come on man... Its a perfectly viable stage, and it's really beautiful. It would make a great counterpick.

POLISH IT UP! I would love a playable zelda stage. The bugs that Iv'e found in pirateship+ (**** right +) are...

when it storms the water greys, but the sky doesn't.

You can also tell that your going into the air but its really ugly looking. The sky breaks as you go up..

also apparently a hitbox appears on the right side of the ship sometimes. It might be a glitch with the bombs.

Otherwise its great.

seems like a big fix would be to just let the storm and flying up animation happen... But not let the gravity change. Though I don't know if he was trying to take the nado and storm away or something...
i was mainly referring to the hitboxes on pirateship, but the graphical changes need to go too,

Btw... was fourside even legal in melee..? Pretty sure it wasen't. The Newpork+ feels and works great.
fourside was not legal in melee and won't be in B+. by that same token, in its current form, neither will NPC+. we're replacing it so it won't be confused by anyone as a tourney legal stage.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1) the camera is constantly zoomed out
2) the layout allows for instant teching. its practically a CoL with no top
3) the size makes running away/camping a legitimate tactic, which is not something we want in B+

Kati

Smash Lord
The version with no city in the background is zooms in enough.

I've taken quite few looks at the list of all the codes out there, but I have not even seen one person mention this: Why not disable wall/ceiling techs? I know it is easier said then done, but I haven't seen any discussion on this.

the ssb intro stage is fabulous btw

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thanks. i like how it came out. :)

disabling wall/ground techs would be a universal code, which would cause problems on other stages (you can't make a code for something like that stage specific).

Kati

Smash Lord
I got a replay with exploding apples on green greens, but does anyone even care anymore..? I'll need time as I don't know how to upload replays.

RiteToRmnSilent

Smash Cadet
I got a replay with exploding apples on green greens, but does anyone even care anymore..? I'll need time as I don't know how to upload replays.
I play Green Greens quite a bit(with no boxes or codes of course)and exploding apples are pretty rare as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm lucky and I never get them often but really there not a big deal.

Kati

Smash Lord
ahh okay...

But may I ask what went wrong in making dream land 64? Seeing what you guys did to rumble falls made me believe stage hacking no longer has limits.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
editing green greens was a dead end because the side parts are directly connected to the center. i have another option that i'm looking into.

please, don't ask any more questions on the topic.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I managed to remove the falling blocks in Green Greens completely. Well, not really, they're just really high in the sky.

I'm also 90% sure that I can choose exactly which blocks fall and where. The rest of the stage remains untouched. Get the stage here.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
FroHo, on the stage that replaces DP, the camera is...weird, I really preferred the camera it had before. By weird, I mean that when you go to the edge of the left platform, you go into a bubble(the camera just doesn't zoom out enough). You may wanna look into it again. Also, when are those PTAD+ boundaries changes coming? and SW+ also seems to have the ceiling too low.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
FroHo, on the stage that replaces DP, the camera is...weird, I really preferred the camera it had before. By weird, I mean that when you go to the edge of the left platform, you go into a bubble(the camera just doesn't zoom out enough). You may wanna look into it again. Also, when are those PTAD+ boundaries changes coming? and SW+ also seems to have the ceiling too low.
i'll look into the camera on the DP replacement (i think a B+ code is messing with the camera).

as for PTAD+, expect it in the second DLC pack/next official build (whichever comes first). i have no comment on Skyworld+.

ss118

Smash Master
Oh wow how have I not noticed this site!
*faves*

Also I noticed everything has a + at the end: is that an indication that the stage is better, or that it is designed specifically for brawl+ play? Would they be terrible to put in brawl-?

Top Bottom