• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
PS1 Grass Only:

it uses a .rel to load the stage over PS1. its just the grass form, no transformations, etc.

i also put this together:

my original vision for YI:M+.

there is still more work to be done on these stages before their public release. you can expect them in the DLC pack #2.

Kati

Smash Lord
The download for the PS1 grass-only isn't working out too well (tried multiple times throughout the day)

Intentional..? closed beta..?

eh I bet it is good enough anyways.

Kati

Smash Lord
What files in the STGPICTOCHAT.pac makes the revised hazards work like they do in Pictochat+?

Kati

Smash Lord
hmm, well I've had no success with that simple pictochat stuff, but anyways:

what ever happened to big blue+? the download isn't even there.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its done, but i haven't gotten around to putting it up. you need 2 separate codes along with the pac, and one of the codes directly effects other hacked stages, so its not a good idea to release them to the public for general use.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...stupid majority of the public and their inability to use it ruining it for the rest of us that possibly can... :ohwell:

What exactly does this code do, anyway? (The one that affects other hacked stages, as well.)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh, that one. If it's just that, then it shouldn't be a problem (at least for someone that remotely knows what they are doing).

I'm curious to see how much it has improved since before, but I'm not really in a hurry.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
honestly, haven't worked on it since i posted the original pics. i was distracted with my SSB64 Intro stage, Metal Mario Stage remake (edit of Gamewatching's) and my current work on Dreamland 64.

i've also been putting soem finishing touches on Big Blue+. however, since it looks like B+ is still having down time i may just go ahead and release it here with an updated B+ gct.

Kati

Smash Lord
ahh, well no rush or anything. The ssb intro and metal mario stages worked out well. Have you tried the ssb intro stage with the big slope's collision as a wall instead of a a floor?

I'm looking forward to the big blue+. My attempts included taking the falcon flier from SSE and trying to ignore the sandbag and lack of animation on the engines.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ahh, well no rush or anything. The ssb intro and metal mario stages worked out well. Have you tried the ssb intro stage with the big slope's collision as a wall instead of a a floor?
no... the idea never occurred to me.

I'm looking forward to the big blue+. My attempts included taking the falcon flier from SSE and trying to ignore the sandbag and lack of animation on the engines.
yeah... that doesn't turn out so good...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
alright, because this place and B+ are both essentially dead, i'm going to go ahead and release big blue+ later today (no gct, but i will list codes).

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Okey, i don't know if any of you play in my Green Hill zone + , i want to correct its wrongs color (even if you put the colors of brawl it doesn't look like old GHZ) and some things need to be fixed.
first,i hate the walls in the stages, but i want back the one-up box in the middle; another thing someone noticed a shadow claping in my pictures of GHZ? that is because i want to add lot of sonic's characters in the back part of the stage, and also i will happy if i can add this between of the two platforms:

Also tehre is a problem in the left ledge:

there isn't this problem in the right ledge, playing with sonic this isn't a problem, but for most of characters y horrible get trapped there.

Well here are my ideas:

In the part 1 will be all sonic characters with come animation (shadow, tails, kunckles, silver, and maybe amy if is possible)
The part 2 will be the fight zone, and i'll correct the colissions and platforms positions(and maybe add that part that i tell before)
And last in the part 3 it will back teh sonic one-up box but it wont be part of the figth zone, it'll be there just because i like it XD

Okey tellme your opinion abouts this, and if any have a good idea for the stage's platforms layout tellme please.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I love GHZ+, and I'm glad to see you're still working on it. I might have misunderstood your drawing, but it looked like you're wanting to put the box in the foreground. Personally, I think it would be better in the background so that you won't have to worry about it blocking your view. I'd love it if you could add the swinging platform to the stage. I think it would be cool if it swung a little lower than the other two platforms since they're so high. Good luck with it; I can't wait to see what you end up with.

On a different note, has anybody made more competitive replacements for Mushroomy Kingdom and Spear Pillar? I really like the music on those stages, but I don't like actually playing on them. (I'm sorry if they've already been posted here; this thread's really long.)

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I love GHZ+, and I'm glad to see you're still working on it. I might have misunderstood your drawing, but it looked like you're wanting to put the box in the foreground. Personally, I think it would be better in the background so that you won't have to worry about it blocking your view. I'd love it if you could add the swinging platform to the stage. I think it would be cool if it swung a little lower than the other two platforms since they're so high. Good luck with it; I can't wait to see what you end up with.

On a different note, has anybody made more competitive replacements for Mushroomy Kingdom and Spear Pillar? I really like the music on those stages, but I don't like actually playing on them. (I'm sorry if they've already been posted here; this thread's really long.)
weel the box only can be in teh foreground, because, is aprt of the stage, i can't move it, just delete it, and if you ahve tryed teh version with the box, you should know why i don't like in the colision, and the box is small it wont block my view,and for the swinging platfor i want to match the level of teh two platform (2platform will be a little lower) so they will be at the same level.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
weel the box only can be in teh foreground, because, is aprt of the stage, i can't move it, just delete it, and if you ahve tryed teh version with the box, you should know why i don't like in the colision, and the box is small it wont block my view,and for the swinging platfor i want to match the level of teh two platform (2platform will be a little lower) so they will be at the same level.
Okay, that sounds fine to me. I'll be looking forward to it.

Kati

Smash Lord
I fixed the left ledge if you are having trouble Guzzi. It behaves just like right I think, though I forget if I tinkered with the right as well.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I fixed the left ledge if you are having trouble Guzzi. It behaves just like right I think, though I forget if I tinkered with the right as well.
well i'll do a new collision because, when i moved it some things changes a litlle, but most important is looking for a new and original layout for the platsforms

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Why is this thread getting slightly more activity now than before Brawl+ was official announced to be dead...?

Anyway, regarding ideas for GHZ...
Maybe move the two platforms down to be of a standard height, then add in a swinging platform in the middle, slight higher than the two regular platforms?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
i'm still working on my Green hill zone + 2.0

the two platforms are low now and, the upper platform moves,
Also it has new texture (from original sprites from GHZ)
New collision, now yuo can't get trapped under the edges,
New location, now you can see the sonic TV but it doesn't part of the fight
Sonic's characters in the background(come animations need to be fixed, and also tehre will be a version without of them)
and of course teh new stage layout
I'm and thinkin in add some rings under the stage, inside.
now, tellme, what do you think?

Kati

Smash Lord
I would like to see how each new aspect works on its own. I like the platform idea, but I never found spectators in the background to be interesting.
Does the tv represent something from the game?

I think a extra bare bones version with just the platforms and new collision would be the way to go.

keep up the good work : )

------

..Was big blue released?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see how each new aspect works on its own. I like the platform idea, but I never found spectators in the background to be interesting.
Does the tv represent something from the game?

I think a extra bare bones version with just the platforms and new collision would be the way to go.

keep up the good work : )

------

..Was big blue released?
teh sonic's characters will be erased (they are a little glichly and sometimes blaze and amy disapear) and about the TV, it soesn't represent nothing, and if i want to delete it, the 3rd platform will be erased, so it will stay, also i solve the texture problem for knuckles tail and silver when they run nunder the stage, oh and thanks to mewtwo the stage will have shadows :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Kati, the TVs are akin to question mark blocks in the mario games. The Sonic face ones were 1-ups.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Green Hill Zone + 2.0

What's new?
*New stage layout.
*The two platforms are low now and, the upper platform moves.
*It has new texture (from original sprites from GHZ).
*New collision, now you can't get trapped under the edges.
*New location, now you can see the sonic TV but it doesn't part of the fight.

*Rings added under the stage

*Now it has shadows(credit to Mewtwo)

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I SHALL MODEL EDIT IT... to death.
THIS! How do you do this? I'm trying to remove stage parts on something I'm working on and I noticed that AMKalmar did both of the stages with heavy model edits. Can someone please help me out here? I know this isn't a help thread but this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Kati

Smash Lord
So were Big Blue and Poke Stadium ever released? Also, has anyone had a stage freeze upon selection when there is no rel, pac file, or custom stage icon for it? as in... a default level?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Are you going to? I've been waiting for it this whole time... Now that Brawl+ is closed, you can just release it on a personal level. I don't mind using codes for stages.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have the codes, but i need to be sure that i have the latest pac available. post in here later to remind me (some time after 6pm so i can see it when i get off work).

Kati

Smash Lord
Just post to remind you or post the latest pac?

I'll go with number 1. >.>

Kati

Smash Lord
I read that you wanted be reminded beforehand, but I myself had work STARTING at 6.

Are you west or east coast?

Top Bottom