• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

highfive

Smash Lord
dant has a code for simply turning off the stage switching function without actually freezing the rest of the stage

yall just have to pester him to post it...

EDIT: highfive, check illinialex's file dump

also, can somebody get me a picture of the 4 spawn points, for either the latest file i uploaded or with the edit i posted above

i dont want any freezes, slides, plane errors, whatever
ive spent way too much time on this stage as it is...
I checked. Illinalex's file dump doesn't have it. Or Sonic.pacs for that matter.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
how about in that second topic you look under the BRAWL ISO FILES? might prove useful since the iso has every file in the game and is what most people use to get the raw file...

highfive

Smash Lord
*face palms*

Thank you. I can't see how I looked over the ISO files with that GIANT RED FONT.

My apologies for wasting your time.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
as far as the actual gameplay goes, i've gotten the same glitches frozen or reversed. i don't care about the fireworks.
Okay, if you seem to be so persistent on NOT using the reverse over the frozen, saying that gameplay is the only thing that matters, then why are you bothering to fill in that hold on Summit (or to a lesser extent, remove the catapult from a reversed Pirate Ship)?

Anyway...this grass field is having way too many problems and taking so much time... I would prefer a PS1 that changes with the fixed up fields over this, anyway. Are you still working on the rock/fire field fixes, Hobo?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Okay, if you seem to be so persistent on NOT using the reverse over the frozen, saying that gameplay is the only thing that matters, then why are you bothering to fill in that hold on Summit (or to a lesser extent, remove the catapult from a reversed Pirate Ship)?

Anyway...this grass field is having way too many problems and taking so much time... I would prefer a PS1 that changes with the fixed up fields over this, anyway. Are you still working on the rock/fire field fixes, Hobo?
because those are major graphical problems that are obvious. randomly appearing fireworks in the background are not something anyone is going to notice/complain about/get in the way of gameplay (as is the case with the catapult).

and i did fix the other forms, but the collision was not moving with the models. they will need to be hexed.

camelot

Smash Ace
I just found out something. And it annoys me.

You know how you can't walljump below the camera limit on WarioWare and Yoshi's Island? Well, looking at it in BrawllWall, they did that on purpose. It's not a glitch. :dizzy:

Once Brawllwall can save things, we should get those fixed up.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
ok, i give up on ps1 grass

dantarion's got a code coming out thatll do it 20000x easier, glitch-free, wont require freezing/reversing, so on, and so forth

im gonna work on some other stuff...starting with making skyworld's platforms fallthrough, like what i did to mansion

and neko, if you're reading this, sorry for shutting down at 3 last night...my mom woke up x.x

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Agreed. And I never thought it was a glitch... My thoughts was just strengthen when you were able to wall-jump from anywhere on SSE: Jungle.
Also, as for Dantarion's code for PS1: would it be simple to make a similar code for PS2 once there is one for PS1, so that you wouldn't have to reverse PS2, either? (Although, if possible, I would prefer a PS2 with fixed up changing fields, with a SSE stage substitute for the original layout, but I really doubt that'll happen.)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
MULTIQUOTE!!!!

dantarion's got a code coming out thatll do it 20000x easier, glitch-free, wont require freezing/reversing, so on, and so forth

im gonna work on some other stuff...starting with making skyworld's platforms fallthrough, like what i did to mansion

and neko, if you're reading this, sorry for shutting down at 3 last night...my mom woke up x.x
sounds good. i've been trying to figure out how to fix that glitch with the water on DP, but nothing has come to me yet. @_@ fortunately, i've decided to scrap my hack ideas for it as the stage looked fine with his code.

You're about a day late with this one camelot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsLOtvenRY
well i'll be a son of a gun. stages acting how they should. its the american dream.

Also, as for Dantarion's code for PS1: would it be simple to make a similar code for PS2 once there is one for PS1, so that you wouldn't have to reverse PS2, either? (Although, if possible, I would prefer a PS2 with fixed up changing fields, with a SSE stage substitute for the original layout, but I really doubt that'll happen.)
why would you write an entirely new code to keep PS2 at the start when you can do it in one line? reversed it works fine as a 5th neutral. i can, however, see what you're saying about fixing it for another CP, but i don't know what we could do to fix electricity and flying. i do enjoy the stage, but i can't think of another 2 platform stage we could use as a substitute.

i kind of feel bad for putting down your idea because i do agree it could be an interesting CP, but right now it seems like theres a lot stacked against it. i don't think those 2 areas can be fixed with just simple BBox edits... though i have been wrong before.

ok, just a little fix to amk's NPC+

i got a request from neko to raise the bottom death and camera boundaries, and i think i managed to remove that platform that amk removed the collision data for

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzvnjhjy0mz

also, can i get any requests for skyworld? just throw stuff out there...i can do a lot, but dont know where to start...
cool. i personally like the skyworld platforms code dant made. if he can, indeed fix the auto sweet spotting then it should be fine.

i'll test NPC+ later tonight.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
ok, just a little fix to amk's NPC+

i got a request from neko to raise the bottom death and camera boundaries, and i think i managed to remove that platform that amk removed the collision data for

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzvnjhjy0mz

also, can i get any requests for skyworld? just throw stuff out there...i can do a lot, but dont know where to start...

Camera and boundaries are better, platform still there

Eldiran

Smash Lord
MULTIQUOTE!!!!
M-M-MONSTERQUOTE!!!

Sorry, I had to.

...Anyway, nice work on finding the wall-jump-able flag, guys. I myself am looking forward to getting rid of the ceilings of outcropping ledges so I can play, say, Castle Siege without my friends complaining.

Out of curiousity, would making such a change be something you guys are planning to do on FD? I know I've heard plenty of complaints about that ceiling (not just from my friends). I'm not sure myself if I want to change it.

MK26

Smash Master
froho: i was told they fixed sweetspot on hit in the latest codeset...

neko: wut
i shrank it into nothingness
how can it possibly still be there

hmmm
maybe i can give it the skyworld platforms treatment
dantarion, where u @

eldiran, dant already did that, and its not difficult to do, anyhow

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Summit+ is screwed up without the stage freeze code. But I shouldn't worry, because this is just an Alpha. I hope for its completion to be success.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you aren't supposed to play it without the stage freeze code. there's nothing wrong with it, just put the code on. its only alpha because of the hole and spawn points.

ValTroX

Smash Ace

Does that mean we'll have hitlag on all platforms not just the main one?

MK26

Smash Master
yep

i think ive got 2 options now
1) leave bottom platform unbreakable, make upper platforms fallthrough but unbreakable
2) make all platforms breakable, but upper are fallthrough, clouds have ledges that correspond to where platforms do (debatable), and bottom cloud is solid

thoughts?

MK26

Smash Master
well, we cant have this stage become another battlefield now can we? i want to look at what makes these stages unique and keep that as best i can, while still making the stage competitively playable

and ive thought about this a bit, and come up with a third option:
Top: unbreakable, pass-through from both above and below
Left/right: breakable, pass-through from below but not above, when broken, clouds do not have an edge
Bottom: unbreakable, not pass-through

so, as you can see, i have a lot of options...too many, perhaps D:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i personally like the skyworld platforms code dant made. if he can, indeed fix the auto sweet spotting then it should be fine.
Like Maestro said, they used various methods to fix up the auto-sweetspot during hitlag problem. But for some reason, Luigi and Peach still have it... Maybe the proposed fix method didn't work for them as many had hoped.
and ive thought about this a bit, and come up with a third option:
Top: unbreakable, pass-through from both above and below
Left/right: breakable, pass-through from below but not above, when broken, clouds do not have an edge
Bottom: unbreakable, not pass-through
I like this option the best. But there's a couple of things I have to say.
For the top platform, I prefer it pass-through-able from both directions like you said, but if that's the case, the platforms don't really need to be there, since there's no ledge, anyway. (And it looks better with just the cloud than with the platforms, not to mention it won't confuse newcomers as much if it's just the cloud, and not have hitlag.)
I like the left and right platforms being breakable, and only a pass-through from below. This makes it so there's a ledge on the side platforms, but a player can so something about it, whatever suits the situation to their advantage. But I also think that the left platform above the main platform shouldn't need a ledge at all, and should just be another cloud-only platform.
And yeah, the main bottom platform could just stay the way it is now for Summit+, IMO.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've got the following working:

Multiple .pac files, because there's three versions of Spear Pillar?

Note: Platforms are frozen in Plussery, unfortunately.
Download here.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
It wont be another battlefield at all, SW's right platform moves a little bit and it has the platform that comes and goes on the bottom. It would be kinda like a FoD-Battlefield(Melee) comparison, still they were both completely accepted. While i think hitlag is totally dumb, it serves it's purposes as a counterpick because it kills characters that rely on DSmashes like, lets say...Mario. The way that I would like the stage(even though i know it won't be this way)is full cloud platforms, bottom cloud with edges, passable only from below, other platforms passable from above and below without edges, and shifting the right boundary in a little(The right blast zone is a little big). The idea of making the bottom platform passable from below is that you can use the movable platform for attacking or buying some time if, lets say your opponent just respawned and you need that little extra time to make his invincibility go away.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I've got the following working:

Multiple .pac files, because there's three versions of Spear Pillar?

Note: Platforms are frozen in Plussery, unfortunately.
Download here.
Thx shadic, i will be using this until we get an official/fixed one. I think this stage could work this way if we get to make the platforms move and remove the pokemon.
EDIT: Unless you guys want to make the upper platfom passable from below onle, that would fix the cave of invincibility, but still gives the opponent 2 edges to recover, which, in my opinion, is stupid

Top Bottom