• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...parts of the stage cannot be stood on. Will edit with a picture with explanation in a couple of minutes.

If you touch the floor anywhere marked in red, you'll slide to where the orange X is. And from the orange X, if you walk/run to the right, it's like walking against an invisible wall.

EDIT2: But yeah, that's in training. As SS12 said, it's slightly different in multiplayer. The "red zone" isn't as big, but it's still glitchy. The last version posted by TSONO worked pretty well, actually, and only has minor bugs. This one, on the other hand.....

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
OK major glitches with test version:

you can't walk past the middle of the bottom area....you warp back to where you started

and sometimes you just randomly get sucked up into the top of the screen and can't get down...

also, other transformations are totally messed up....

EDIT: that was in traning, brawl mode seems to be different...

in brawl mode, you warp back to where you start if you're coming from the right side. coming from the left side is fine

also, if you throw people into the "WTF" area, they get spiked O_o

Okay, it appears that the transformations other than grass retain some of the grass stages' collision qualities

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hm..it's different for me....I can walk left to right just fine...it's from right to left for me that's problematic...and I get warped offstage!!!!

And, yeah, the other transformations retain the qualities of the grass stage....

EDIT: ok another random thing happened....In multiplayer, this is the 3rd time the grass stage has come up...AND THERE ARE NO WARP BUGS THIS TIME!!! WTF?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
OK WTF....now the grass stage is not glitching up at all..

but the other stages still have the grass stage qualities O_o

(pssst: I'm multiposting to keep the thread up so we can talk about this ****)

ValTroX

Smash Ace
OK, I found some problems:
1] In training mode, the stage switches between water and grass modes, but retaining the grass mode's properties, with added windmill and other stuff
2]There's a problem in the middle of the ground platform of the grass stage, you can't seem to be able to pass through if you walk, and if you are running, you can pass, but the character stops the dash.
EDIT: Now i could pass through the center of the stage without stopping, but the other modes still retain grass qualities

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
We're all getting different results -_-

and valtrox, try it in multiplayer mode. all of the stages retain the grass stage's properties

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Yeah, I got all the stages now, but if the issue on ground is solved, freezing the stage will stop all other problems
EDIT: No further trouble with the ground, so freezing the stage will probably fix all the problems

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you guys need to apply either a stage freeze or a reverse so you can try out just the grass form. we don't need to know how the other forms function since the stage will be just the grass form.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
yeah...i completely scrapped the otehr forms

like, totally destroyed

what the hell valtrox

its either working or it isnt

i dont even see why there would be a difference between training and brawl

EDIT: at least the platforms are working, right?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
The grass mode is working so far, the first time i used it, Falcon couldn't go through the center of the stage running, then it happened on Mario, but after those 2 I've played 3 more matches and the problem has not appeared again.
EDIT: I'm going to test it with every character to see if it happens. I used Mario and Falcon again and it doesn't seem to bother them anymore.
EDIT2: Yes the platforms are working great Maestro

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I didn't have any teleporting problems o.o but I'm trying the ground with every character, so far nothing wrong. Maybe the code did not load correctly the first couple of tries.

EDIT: I'm done testing it with every character, no problems at all, maybe it has a problem the first couple of times you pick the stage. The only problems i found is that when you are over the river, the characters stand in the air, maybe the stage is built this way and I've never noticed it. The other issue is that in the background, the pokemon trainer's legs are inside the ground xD.
EDIT EDIT: I just tried PS1 on vBrawl and the river is a little lower than the rest of the stage, when you go into it, it even splashes(which is not necessary in the + version). I'll try to upload some pics and post the links later :)

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Not really sure, I can test it out right now
EDIT: I tried it, the problem is that in vBrawl, the pokemon trainer is a little farther back, so he goes behind the little mountain. This is not really a problem, just lettinh you know in case you wanna make it perfect :)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So there doesn't seem to be any sliding/teleporting problems when the level is reversed.
Although, in the very center (dead center of the stage), if you walk/run towards the right, your character will act as if you walked/ran off a platform onto another, slightly slower platform.

Question for those that have PS1 frozen (and not reversed): do the fireworks still blast in the background's sky when frozen? It does when reversed, so if it doesn't when frozen, then it's better to have it reverse; just one of those tiny little things that makes it look better.

MK26

Smash Master
ok then, its a z-axis shift and not a y-axis one, thats good to know and corroborates with my findings

but the important question is: did the stream act the same way with previous versions of the pac, or is the ground error new?

edit@PC: ah darn, theres more stuff i have to delete, then
i know what the problem is there

but its good to know that theres no sliding in reverse, and im fairly sure the fireworks wont go when the stage is frozen

ValTroX

Smash Ace
So there doesn't seem to be any sliding/teleporting problems when the level is reversed.
Although, in the very center (dead center of the stage), if you walk/run towards the right, your character will act as if you walked/ran off a platform onto another, slightly slower platform.

Question for those that have PS1 frozen (and not reversed): do the fireworks still blast in the background's sky when frozen? It does when reversed, so if it doesn't when frozen, then it's better to have it reverse; just one of those tiny little things that makes it look better.
This is what happened to me before MK, but it somehow fixed itself :confused:
Also, i don't know if the issue was present in the other pacs, because this is the first one i try, sorry I can't be of much help

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wait, that's weird, now it's not having that problem with the thing in the center. Hold on, let me double check something.

Okay, that weird stepping off the platform thing at the center only happens in training mode.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I just tested your PS1 grass stage Maestro.

I froze it with a code and it loads up the grass land fine. But for some reason the middle of the stage causes insta-death. Bad glitch. Also, there are these random lines that come on screen too. Needs work unfortunately...

MK26

Smash Master
i dont know whether i should laugh or cry...

maybe i should just add a disclaimer *DO NOT TRY IN TRAINING MODE*
*IF THERES A PROBLEM, WAIT 5 MINUTES AND TRY AGAIN*

y'know, id really like to see one of you get a glitch (teleporting/sliding/centre stopping) on a replay, play it back, and see if the problem is still there...

but thanks for your help both of you, not matter how confusing and self-contradicting it happens to be...

EDIT: ok camzy, ive decided to laugh
THAT MAKES NO SENSE

try reversing, not freezing

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
but the important question is: did the stream act the same way with previous versions of the pac, or is the ground error new?
As in, has the collision data always been higher than the ground? If so, then yes. If it's regarding the sliding/teleporting, then no, that was new to this .pac file.

you see Maestro xD? It wasn't just me after all
At first, I tried it in training mode and got the error; then I switched to Brawl mode and didn't (but with other characters). Then I used the same ones that I used in training mode in Brawl mode and still didn't get the error. This was when I made that post above. Then I used all of the characters in training and got the error.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
As in, has the collision data always been higher than the ground? If so, then yes. If it's regarding the sliding/teleporting, then no, that was new to this .pac file.

At first, I tried it in training mode and got the error; then I switched to Brawl mode and didn't (but with other characters). Then I used the same ones that I used in training mode in Brawl mode and still didn't get the error. This was when I made that post above. Then I used all of the characters in training and got the error.
I know, it happened to me in training too, when i went to brawl mode, i tested everyone out and never got the error

Mit

Smash Ace
Awww, still no stage hazard damage changes :( I got real excited about the PTAD until I found out there were no cars. That level would be perfect if they just did less damage.

Although curious, why is the wall so bad? I'm guessing you mean that wall that very briefly appears when flying along the racetrack. Unless of course the goal was to remove every single stage hazard. Or perhaps it was a one-hit kill in Brawl+.

MK26

Smash Master
thanks for the info...is it still sliding for you?

edit: amk, if you couldnt move the breakable platform donw, why not just move everything else up? or better yet, move it all down and to the left so that the breakable platform is inside the main platform

editedit: people didn't like that it could semispike and trip you

camzy

Smash Journeyman
i dont know whether i should laugh or cry...

maybe i should just add a disclaimer *DO NOT TRY IN TRAINING MODE*
*IF THERES A PROBLEM, WAIT 5 MINUTES AND TRY AGAIN*

y'know, id really like to see one of you get a glitch (teleporting/sliding/centre stopping) on a replay, play it back, and see if the problem is still there...

but thanks for your help both of you, not matter how confusing and self-contradicting it happens to be...

EDIT: ok camzy, ive decided to laugh
THAT MAKES NO SENSE

try reversing, not freezing
I played it in normal mode.

O and I'm not sure how to describe that glitch though. You sort of disappear and die the moment you enter the middle (under the lower platform.)

I'll try reversing the stage next!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, got some data:

1) NPC is fantastic! i love it. only problems with it are the platform on the lower left, the chimera spawning (which is only mildly annoying) and the camera. playing on it is nice and i have to say you did a great job with it.

2) PS1 is weird. i'm getting the teleport problem with the center of the stage. i've tried it frozen and reversed and i'm getting the same results. maybe work off of TSON's pac and try to even out the floor that way instead of going off on this weird tangent. if it isn't working, go back to what was and try again.

MK26

Smash Master
ive had 5 different people give me feedback and gotten 5 different results...but i think its been established that its unstable in training mode and when frozen

and the problem with the centre is the result of me not clearing wnough data between tsono's pac and mine

froho, can you elaborate on the kirby infinite fall glitch you said you got on tsono's pac?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Well guys, I think we are trying very very hard to fix everything in PS1 grass mode, and if you guys release the one with all modes fixed, I think that the one that will get in as official is the second one. It's worth the try though, maybe they choose the grass mode only because of the unique platform layout and even though the walls on the one that FroHo suggested are lower, they may still bother some players. I'm going to bed now, gotta do some stuff tomorrow morning, but I'll come back here as soon as I get home to see what you guys have done. See ya tomorrow and GN guys

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
froho, can you elaborate on the kirby infinite fall glitch you said you got on tsono's pac?
well, kirby got knocked away and then fell toward the center of the stage. when he would have landed he was floating above the ground in his falling animation.

Well guys, I think we are trying very very hard to fix everything in PS1 grass mode, and if you guys release the one with all modes fixed, I think that the one that will get in as official is the second one. It's worth the try though, maybe they choose the grass mode only because of the unique platform layout and even though the walls on the one that FroHo suggested are lower, they may still bother some players. I'm going to bed now, gotta do some stuff tomorrow morning, but I'll come back here as soon as I get home to see what you guys have done. See ya tomorrow and GN guys
we're doing the grass form for cape since he specifically asked for it for B+.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Is it possible to move the stage so that it's centered to the background? I don't know anything about MOTHER/Earthbound, but I heard the center is the nostalgic thing...

But why not just reverse NPC? It gets rid of the Chimera, but keeps the boat working. (I'm going to try it reversed.) Unfortunately, the limo is gone, too, when reversed, but the limo would be a source of camping/stalling, anyway, so losing the limo isn't a big loss, IMO.
Also, I think it would be better if the boat is moved a little to the right.

Now, it would be awesome if someone can make a NPC+ using the idea of playing on the upper-left chunk, and use the clone engine code to have both selectable...

camzy

Smash Journeyman
ive had 5 different people give me feedback and gotten 5 different results...but i think its been established that its unstable in training mode and when frozen

and the problem with the centre is the result of me not clearing wnough data between tsono's pac and mine

OK I reversed it and it works perfectly except one thing.

Under the lower platform there's a little bump that stops people from rolling from left to right. You can roll from right to left but not from left to right. The bump also stops characters from dashing from the left side of the stage to the right continuously (the character runs until it hits that special point then is forced to walk.) It doesn't affect dashing from right to left though. Can't you simply make the bottom floor a straight line? It would solve the problem and I don't mind having characters' feet a tiny bit off the floor in compensation.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
*facepalms* Did you bother to read other people's posts?! (I'm betting you used training mode to test...)

EDIT: Woah...I found a bunch of really weird glitches on PS1 while using Marth.
I saved a replay (using reverse PS1 and Near Gold set). When I replayed it, though, it desyched halfway through, meaning the glitches aren't consistent. (The glitch has to deal with the center of the floor, once again.) The glitch at the very beginning would probably happen every time, though.
There are things such as teleporting to death, a wield bump in the floor's center, character glitching out, teleporting onstage, among others.
Here's the replay file if anyone's curious: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzzowi3ztmt

EDIT2: It managed to replay correctly all the way through on my 3rd attempt of replaying it.

Top Bottom