• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE DREAMLAND INVASION: "Kirby Character Discussion Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh, gotcha. ;)

I'm also hoping Ado/Adeliene makes another appearance since she is long over due and a few fans would have preferred her instead of Bandana Dee in Return to Dreamland.
As a BiTF fan, I'd love for Adeliene to make SOME sort of appearance in some sort of game. I'd prefer Bandana Dee if we got a 4th playable character.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
BiTF is wonderful

If a yarn character gets in,his yarn will be in 3D right?because the shape shifting would stretch the 3D yarn.
Yes it is wonderful. Imo I think a 3D epic yarn costume for Kirby would be better.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind Prince Fluff.

:phone:

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
A DLC Version of Yarn Kirby would be cool, he definitely couldn't be his own character NOOOO
& yeah Adeleine was a memorable character in the franchise that got kicked to the curb, don't know if she should make her re-appearance in Smash Bros though.
Wouldn't make it anyways
Sakurai is sexist :troll:

jigglover

Smash Lord
This is the Kirby series thread right? Not the Adeleine thread!? There's been less than ten posts out of 45 that's not about Adeleine...

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
This is the Kirby series thread right? Not the Adeleine thread!? There's been less than ten posts out of 45 that's not about Adeleine...
Well it's the Kirby series, & she's apart of it *shrug*
Don't like the topic at hand, change it, talk about a character you like maybe it'll direct the conversation in a different direction....
Maybe talk about ummm...a certain knuckle joe *nudge nudge*

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well it's the Kirby series, & she's apart of it *shrug*
Don't like the topic at hand, change it, talk about a character you like maybe it'll direct the conversation in a different direction....
Maybe talk about ummm...a certain knuckle joe *nudge nudge*
Okay, lets talk about knuckle joe know. There are many...

I saw through your plan you little mudkip! But I will do what you mentioned. I'm wandering if meta-knight will get cut, I mean, king dedede will stay for certain, but meta-knight? Thoughts please!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This thread is pointless. The only Kirby newcomer with the best chances of getting in Smash is Waddle Dee and it's because of Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Even then, his chances are pretty slim when you consider Sakurai's reluctance to overload the roster with Sakurai's characters.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
This thread is pointless. The only Kirby newcomer with the best chances of getting in Smash is Waddle Dee and it's because of Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Even then, his chances are pretty slim when you consider Sakurai's reluctance to overload the roster with Sakurai's characters.

-3- u like rain on every ones parade.

but yes I really only see bandana dee getting in.

D

Deleted member

The irony is he throws a fit when others do the same to him. :smirk:

Go on, tell him how Duck Hunt Dog isn't making the cut.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, uh, why are you bringing up Duck Hunt Dog in a Kirby Character thread?

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman

Someone didn't read the other 52 Posts in this thread, either that or someone's mad, He's reluctant, but adds 2 characters reps in one game, yeahhh

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
tired of you guys kicking dirt on Knuckle Joe who is the overall best, combat wise for this game, ok he's a random enemy in the Kirby games, so, atleast he's a reoccurring character in the series
lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Of all the generics that I've seen, it'll probably be the Waddle Dee with the bandanna that has the best chances of being a playable. At least the bandanna will separate that Waddle Dee from the generic enemy Waddle Dees.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Bandana Dee would have a Bandana and a spear, he would be very distinguishable compared to other Waddle Dees.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think its giving too much credit to say that even if a casual gamer wasn't familiar with Bandana Dee, they would be able to tell the difference between a character with a bandana and spear and a character without one. :p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
tired of you guys kicking dirt on Knuckle Joe who is the overall best, combat wise for this game, ok he's a random enemy in the Kirby games, so, atleast he's a reoccurring character in the series
lol
Don't worry, he's still my #2 pick for a new Kirby Character after Bandana Dee.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Won't you get confused during King dedede's final smash if you're waddle dee? Or just KD3's side B?
In that case, move the control stick and press A/B buttons and see which Waddle Dee is being controlled by you.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
In that case, move the control stick and press A/B buttons and see which Waddle Dee is being controlled by you.
Or you could jsut look to see which one is wearing a bandana/holding a spear. It's really not that difficult.

Edit: Also, bump.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't think we'll get a new rep but if we don't I would love to see Knuckle Joes and Bandanna Dees in adventure mode as enemies or possibly mini bosses.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I kind of think Kirby's got the perfect reps right now. anyone they add at this point are pretty much just secondary characters

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think Prince fluff has the best chance. Kirby's toon link/doctor mario only not a clone.
I don't think so. I didn't like Epic Yarn that much, and there are plenty of other people who feel the same way I do about it. Also, Prince Fluff has only appeared in one game, not even making cameos in more recent games, so he's kind of a one-shot.

Bandana Dee is, imo, the safest bet for a potential 4th Kirby character, assuming we get one. This is because:
-Waddle Dees are the most reocurring enemy in the games.
-Bandana Dee himself has appeared multiple times, especially recently.
-Bandana Dee specifically has only been playable once, but there have been other Waddle Dees that have been playable as well.

jigglover

Smash Lord
So the actual bandana dee is a one-shot, like prince fluff, and just because a few people didn't like the game, the majority did and it sold very well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So the actual bandana dee is a one-shot, like prince fluff, and just because a few people didn't like the game, the majority did and it sold very well.
Just because a character has only been playable once doesn't necessarily mean they are a one-shot character. One-shot characters are characters that only make one appearance in their series, like Prince Fluff. Bandana Dee was also in Super Star and its remake (and possibly other Kirby games -- I haven't played them all).

By your logic a character like Ganondorf would be a zero-shot, as he's never been playable in his series, and a character like Dedede (not counting when Kirby could ride him in 64) would only be a one-shot.

Until and unless we get more yarn games that have Prince Fluff in relatively major roles, Bandana Dee has better chances at playability.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Your post interests me, since I never said anything about anything even vaguely related to what you said in your second paragraph. All I said was that both bandana dee and prince fluff had been in one game each (since I didn't know he was in super star and its remake). Out of interest, was he generic in the game or was he regularly contemplating plans with D3 or what?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Your post interests me, since I never said anything about anything even vaguely related to what you said in your second paragraph. All I said was that both bandana dee and prince fluff had been in one game each (since I didn't know he was in super star and its remake). Out of interest, was he generic in the game or was he regularly contemplating plans with D3 or what?
Ah. I assumed that you were familiar with Bandana Dee's other non-playable appearances and were still calling him a one-shot, so I was applying your logic elsewhere.

IIRC in Super Star he was only an opponent in Megaton Punch, though he might've appeared elsewhere. In the remake he is a boss fought in Revenge of the King and acts as Dedede's main soldier (though he's pretty weak) and shares a long dialogue with him. He's definitely not generic.

He also makes a cameo in Mass Attack.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh right, super star 2 definitely gave him the biggest role. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mass attack the non-canon game with cameroon (or whatever the anime guy's name is) in it? If it is then it doesn't count. If bandana dee was only a character in megaton punch, ten is that not just a cameo? If so then he's only had two games compared to prince fluff's one, which means that Prince fluff isn't too :083:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh right, super star 2 definitely gave him the biggest role. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mass attack the non-canon game with cameroon (or whatever the anime guy's name is) in it? If it is then it doesn't count. If bandana dee was only a character in megaton punch, ten is that not just a cameo? If so then he's only had two games compared to prince fluff's one, which means that Prince fluff isn't too :083:
No, Mass Attack is part of the main continuity even if it does include characters that were previously only in the anime, like Escargoon. Even if it was non-canon, it wouldn't hinder chances at Smash (not that Bandana Dee's minor cameo in Mass Attack would really help his chances) as Sakurai still includes content from non-canon games in series.

Even if half of Bandana Dee's appearances so far have been minor roles/cameos, as it stands now he has still played an important role in more games than Prince Fluff, but more importantly, he could easily become a relatively prominent reoccuring character in the Kirby franchise, as his appearances are getting larger and more constant, unlike Prince Fluff, who would probably need more yarn games to reappear (outside of minor cameos). I'm not saying Bandana Dee is at the level of Kirby, Meta-Knight, or Dedede, but if he continues to make regular important and possibly playable appearances, then he could become the clear cut quaternary Kirby character.

Also, dats my :083: joke. :glare:;):awesome:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh right, super star 2 definitely gave him the biggest role. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't mass attack the non-canon game with cameroon (or whatever the anime guy's name is) in it?
Kirby continuity? Now THAT'S a real nightmare. Can't wait for the Kirby timeline theories.

jigglover

Smash Lord
No, Mass Attack is part of the main continuity even if it does include characters that were previously only in the anime, like Escargoon. Even if it was non-canon, it wouldn't hinder chances at Smash (not that Bandana Dee's minor cameo in Mass Attack would really help his chances) as Sakurai still includes content from non-canon games in series.

Even if half of Bandana Dee's appearances so far have been minor roles/cameos, as it stands now he has still played an important role in more games than Prince Fluff, but more importantly, he could easily become a relatively prominent reoccuring character in the Kirby franchise, as his appearances are getting larger and more constant, unlike Prince Fluff, who would probably need more yarn games to reappear (outside of minor cameos). I'm not saying Bandana Dee is at the level of Kirby, Meta-Knight, or Dedede, but if he continues to make regular important and possibly playable appearances, then he could become the clear cut quaternary Kirby character.

Also, dats my :083: joke. :glare:;):awesome:
Well, I find it a good idea for kirby to be able to switch between yarn world and real world in a game or 2, and when he goes into the yarn world he meets prince fluff. Even if that one fight in mass attack counts as an appearance, that means that dark matter in fact has the best chance since he has been in the most games between prince fluff, BD and himself.

D

Deleted member

People, you are mistaken; Mass Attack isn't non-canon, the MINIGAMES from it are (where we see Escargoon, Dark Matter, Nightmare, Marx, etc.)

It's like the minigames from Squeak Squad, Kirby 64, etc., they aren't canon to the main series.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
People, you are mistaken; Mass Attack isn't non-canon, the MINIGAMES from it are (where we see Escargoon, Dark Matter, Nightmare, Marx, etc.)

It's like the minigames from Squeak Squad, Kirby 64, etc., they aren't canon to the main series.
I refer you to my previous comment on this thread. But I agree with your point that cameos in minigames shouldn't really impact a characters' chances, either positivley or negativley, unless they keep showing up.

That said, just because something is "non-canon" to the games doesn't mean it can't influence the games. If that were true, Pikachu wouldn't be the mascot of Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom