• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

leprechaun

Smash Ace
gabe means no harm .........but he is a pretty good player.................fiend person dude...........idk you.........i think..........but you sure do like talking about gabe......how ever way you want to take that i don't care................ummmm no johns ............gabe to good :chuckle:

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
in response to everyone who feels like their moonwalk is really short and cant match that of silentspectre or g-reg or whatever, i know why. its actually not really represented in zhu's (hylian lord's) video.

when most people who dont know how to moonwalk properly do it, they do a full half circle. the motion of a full half circle is NOT fast enough with most people's (anyone's afaik) fingers to do a full moonwalk. instead people end up doing kind of a run in place instead of a moonwalk.

the secret here is you infact do NOT do a complete half circle. when you perform the half circle, it needs to actually be more of a half egg shape motion with the control stick. it is MUCH MUCH easier to perform a sucessful moonwalk if you do not push forward all the way at first. the motion of pushing the control stick all the way forward then all the way down and under is too slow for the quick motion.

this way when you do it, you arnt pushing the control still ALL THE WAY until you're pointing down. to math savy people, your control stick should make kind of the under x axis half of a sleeping parabola.

im sorry this is extremely difficult to explain, but play around with moonwalking doing a very fast motion that does not require pushing the stick all the way in the direction you are facing, only down and backward (the direction you are moving)

if anyone else who understands what i am talking about can phrase this in a way that is easier to understand please give me a hand.

audreyh

Smash Ace
think of an ellipse. knock the control stick forward to 3:00, down to 4:30, then quickly to 10:00. (for a moonwalk going left)

Brookman

Smash Hero
n response to everyone who feels like their moonwalk is really short and cant match that of silentspectre or g-reg or whatever, i know why. its actually not really represented in zhu's (hylian lord's) video.

that sentence should read as follows*:

n response to everyone who feels like their moonwalk is really short and cant match that of silentspectre or g-reg or whatever, i know why. its actually not really possible, since you are no where near amazing, which is personified by G-reg.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i dont know what the_brookmans new fascination with me is..... but i will say, i cant blame him. moonwalking just has to be felt. theres really no way that i can put it into words better than anyone else on this board has. it just becomes habit.

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
i dont know what the_brookmans new fascination with me is..... but i will say, i cant blame him. moonwalking just has to be felt. theres really no way that i can put it into words better than anyone else on this board has. it just becomes habit.
im glad im not the only one who noticed this fascination, i mean yeah G-reg your an amazing SSBM player but your not a god, or someone who's is an overall better being, i think brookman takes your skill out of proportion...

so this post has something to do with the thread i'll say its... a very good thread and a good read when your bored. Jerry Senfield gives it two kramers up!

Vall3y

Smash Lord
the faster you get the stick to the opposite direction, the longer that moonwalk wil be
you should move it fast, and do distance as less as possible
instead of making a full half circle , just move it so it starts the dash and immediatly move it away

g-regulate

Smash Hero
"you know, you arent really a god like everyone says you are"

ive heard this many times from people on smashboards and gamefaqs. i mean im obviously not better than anyone as a person, nor do i actually think im a god because im good at a video game lol. its just a running joke thats been going on for a long long time. the fact is, i am pretty ****ing good at this game, and whats the point of playing a video game if you cant take pride in how good you are at it? whats the point of playing if you cant brag to your friends about stuff you do? i dont take this game that seriously, i just like having a good time while playing, like everyone should. i also like debating about the game, and will come off as a know-it-all sometimes, but i dont think im godly, i usually just am compared to people who post in this thread, and i get top 3 at tournies regularly and i beat azen, so, yea.

why dont we stop talking about me and start talking about falcon? the only falcon i see ****** tournies is darkrain, where are the rest of you at? i thought by now the throw to knee ish would be paying off for you all.

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
"you know, you arent really a god like everyone says you are"

ive heard this many times from people on smashboards and gamefaqs. i mean im obviously not better than anyone as a person, nor do i actually think im a god because im good at a video game lol. its just a running joke thats been going on for a long long time. the fact is, i am pretty ****ing good at this game, and whats the point of playing a video game if you cant take pride in how good you are at it? whats the point of playing if you cant brag to your friends about stuff you do? i dont take this game that seriously, i just like having a good time while playing, like everyone should. i also like debating about the game, and will come off as a know-it-all sometimes, but i dont think im godly, i usually just am compared to people who post in this thread, and i get top 3 at tournies regularly and i beat azen, so, yea.

why dont we stop talking about me and start talking about falcon? the only falcon i see ****** tournies is darkrain, where are the rest of you at? i thought by now the throw to knee ish would be paying off for you all.
k, that gives me a better image of who you are and i can't go to tourney's cause... i live in canada...though i probly wouldnt get HIGH on the placement but i think i am getting better with captain falcon, and eventually might be able to win something, i usually just play with friends and people @ school.

Dice

Smash Lord
Where in Canada are you? Because here in Ontario there's Toronto and Ottawa tournaments every few months and in Quebec there's tournaments every once in a while. And in WC in BC they have tournaments as well.

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
Where in Canada are you? Because here in Ontario there's Toronto and Ottawa tournaments every few months and in Quebec there's tournaments every once in a while. And in WC in BC they have tournaments as well.
i live in Burlington, it's pretty close to toronto, it's right beside hamilton.
i guess i just never hear of them... :confused: :urg:

G@BE

Smash Lord
Out of my time playing with falcon. I do alot of guessing when i play. Im not sure im going to hit but i throw random moves out some times and they usally work.

Like on fox and falco - i will down through and do a c-sticked down smash. or do a short hoped sown air. that works on almost every fox i have ever played. becuase they will tech right into it. the only bad part is that they have the ONE option of teching in front of you to get away. but if they tech in place or to the back to you they will most likely get hit.

peaches - Nair to dair to knee... awesome lil combo. Mostly cuz you over shoot a lil with the Nair then do a kinda backwards Dair into a knee... :dizzy: oh...lol and at like 40 precent you can up throw knee a peach...!?!?! did it to Smiles and DoH.... im sure you guyz know who they are.

I really dont think Moonwalking is that big of a deal. i know you can do lots of things with it. But it is not vital if you want to improve.

A-A short up forward air ;) works like a charm hehe

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Bad. I'd use it to get drunk and then you'd snatch my wallet from me while I was too drunk to realize what just happened.

I know your tricks, you sly devil, you.

We'll have to have some friendlies next time I actually go to something, I heard you actually know how to play semi-decently now.

No <3 anymore !>_<!

G@BE

Smash Lord
Out of my time playing with falcon. I do alot of guessing when i play. Im not sure im going to hit but i throw random moves out some times and they usally work.

Like on fox and falco - i will down through and do a c-sticked down smash. or do a short hoped sown air. that works on almost every fox i have ever played. becuase they will tech right into it. the only bad part is that they have the ONE option of teching in front of you to get away. but if they tech in place or to the back to you they will most likely get hit.

Hey check this wonderful dude out that post so much intresting stuff.... wait a min i know that cute lil fella....me >.>

Dice

Smash Lord
no offense but that isn't the best advice. If the person you are against isn't completely stupid they will start teching away. And once you catch on to that they will mix up their techs and stuff.

What you want to do is land a grab, either by mindgaming it or by "comboing" into it. For example, nair/bair/knee/up air into grab at low percents. Forward B into grab, dair into grab...

Once you grab usually I use up throw because it gives you more time to tech chase, and tech chase with more grabs until you think you know where they'll tech then this is when you tech chase with fair or dair.

However, if you are up against a fox/falco with weak teching mindgames and you know where they are going to tech then chase em with dairs, knee, downsmash, forward B everything and have fun!

G@BE

Smash Lord
no offense but that isn't the best advice. If the person you are against isn't completely stupid they will start teching away. And once you catch on to that they will mix up their techs and stuff.

What you want to do is land a grab, either by mindgaming it or by "comboing" into it. For example, nair/bair/knee/up air into grab at low percents. Forward B into grab, dair into grab...

Once you grab usually I use up throw because it gives you more time to tech chase, and tech chase with more grabs until you think you know where they'll tech then this is when you tech chase with fair or dair.

However, if you are up against a fox/falco with weak teching mindgames and you know where they are going to tech then chase em with dairs, knee, downsmash, forward B everything and have fun!

He said that he does not want tech chasing advice >.>

Forward B into grab does not work. The other person has plenty of time to shield it then grab you. that wont work on a non "completely stupid person"

okay so it works if they dont shield... lol

If you want to some advice on falco stay in the air alot. Some of the time kinda running away while doing reseeding back airs to them. Fox's i would usally do a really fast Nair to a Dair if you do it fast enought the Dair catches them right after the Nair in the air.
Guessing were there going is another good thing sense Fox and Falco love to over B back to the edge and not always sweet spot the ledge. Try for a Knee or a forward tilt or up tilt.
Up throw to forward smash around 90% precent works good.

maybe you can gain some stuff from my video that i have
here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrTeD28hQ-0 my falcon vs a Falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoFCBRlQAqc My falcon vs a fox...

these are pretty old but maybe you can gather somthing from it. Just trying to help

gabe

Dice

Smash Lord
He said that he does not want tech chasing advice >.>

Forward B into grab does not work. The other person has plenty of time to shield it then grab you. that wont work on a non "completely stupid person"

okay so it works if they dont shield... lol

If you want to some advice on falco stay in the air alot. Some of the time kinda running away while doing reseeding back airs to them. Fox's i would usally do a really fast Nair to a Dair if you do it fast enought the Dair catches them right after the Nair in the air.
Guessing were there going is another good thing sense Fox and Falco love to over B back to the edge and not always sweet spot the ledge. Try for a Knee or a forward tilt or up tilt.
Up throw to forward smash around 90% precent works good.

maybe you can gain some stuff from my video that i have
here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrTeD28hQ-0 my falcon vs a Falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoFCBRlQAqc My falcon vs a fox...

these are pretty old but maybe you can gather somthing from it. Just trying to help

gabe
If you tech chase with forward B they can't shield it and it'll lead into a grab at low percents. Or you can mindgame it and land it.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
The problem I have with tech-chasing is that I'm really bad at waiting to see where they'll go; if I wait, I wait too long and they shield my Raptor Boost. If ever you face yourself with this problem, there's only one option for you...

Prediction.

I'm always trying to anticipate where they're going to tech (if they even tech at all). If I'm right, I connect with the Raptor Boost every time. If I miss... well, at least I put some space in between me and my opponent. >_>

Oh, also, don't often try doing a Raptor Boost towards the edge. You don't want to screw up and loose a stock because of it. Only try it if you're positive it'll land.

G@BE

Smash Lord
that fox and falco is bad

what if there bad still does not mean that the things that i did to them does not work on other fox's or falco's try it before you knock it.

The tech chased forward B can still be blocked if it is not accurate enough. And it has to be at low % im trying to give him somthing that would help about at least 80 % of the time.

i was thinking if they dont DI the forward B and they are at low % do a upsmash then straight to a knee.

Taisa

Smash Rookie
You can't just tech chase with a forward B, you need to run a bit in the direction they're teching as well (this helps with when they tech away from you).

audreyh

Smash Ace
its a good move if you know when to use it.
against the space animals you gota be careful cuz every one of their aerials outprioritizes it. mostly just for after a stomp or techchasing

against marth and some other characters its good to get under their aerials?

Top Bottom